{'en': 'Has anyone removed the continuous glucose sensor by psychological pressure?', 'es': '¿Alguien se ha quitado el sensor continuo de glucosa por presión psicológica?'} Image

Has anyone removed the continuous glucose sensor by psychological pressure?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/10/2021 4:39 p.m.

Well, that is my question, has anyone removed the sensor for not being able to support the psychological pressure that supposes or for some other reason?

In my case it has been counterproductive, I have been with him three months and now I have worse control than when I started, in addition to being difficult to bear psychological pressure, because it does not let me rest a second of the diabetes, so I havedetermined to spend at least one season without him.

Has anyone else had something similar?

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/10/2021 4:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I also left it but because I could not bear the discomfort of always carrying it nailed and stuck.Besides that the hypos never hit them (with 100 or more I already marked down)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/10/2021 4:48 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
I also left it but because I could not bear the discomfort of always carrying it nailed and stuck.Besides that the hypos never hit them (with 100 or more I already marked down)

Yes, that is another of the reasons, especially annoying at night, I have lost several nights of sleep for that reason.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2021 4:49 p.m.

I left it because it gave me allergy.Then I did very well because I discovered things that happened in my body and that did not even find out, but psychologically it also began to take its toll.I take it a short time, I don't remember, but the
^ Unchanged^ it cost me to assimilate it.
Now I have been with the sensor since November of the other year and it does not bother me at all, I carry it in my arm without apostites and neither mides nor bothers me or m gives allergy for the moment.Psychologically it also affects me, I do not disconnect and at all times the diabetes is there, my last two are worse than without a sensor.
Most think it is essential to take it, but I assure you that no, in sight it is not.You can take it for seasons, we get used to immediately !!Cheer up!!Your hem is very good, in 20 years I have only had less than 6 on the honeymoon.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/10/2021 5:22 p.m.

Hi @Fer1803, I asked something similar a few weeks ago and for the moment I overcome the bump and keep the sensor.

I called the Diabetes Nursing Service of the Principality of Asturias to advise me, I was scanning me too much and led to stress.Now what I do and recommended me is scanning only before and after meals and to do sports.With a lower number of scannings and analysis a posteriori to make some adjustment.The truth is that it is much better.

I am learning a lot with the sensor and I am giving me guidelines to have normaglycemia values.

Anything you need tell me.

All the best,

José

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
06/10/2021 8:09 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

anaisabel said:
I left it because it gave me allergy.Then I did very well because I discovered things that happened in my body and that did not even find out, but psychologically it also began to take its toll.I take it a short time, I don't remember, but the
^ Unchanged^ it cost me to assimilate it.
Now I have been with the sensor since November of the other year and it does not bother me at all, I carry it in my arm without apostites and neither mides nor bothers me or m gives allergy for the moment.Psychologically it also affects me, I do not disconnect and at all times the diabetes is there, my last two are worse than without a sensor.
Most think it is essential to take it, but I assure you that no, in sight it is not.You can take it for seasons, we get used to immediately !!Cheer up!!Your hemo is very good, in 20 years I have only had less than 6 on the honeymoon.

Hi @anaisabel, I have seen in another post of yours that when you put the sensor in November you had to take a lot of insulin because you had many dirty, in the end how did you solve it?Because I am the same since I put on the sensor I do nothing but take away insulin, and yet I have a lot of tendency to hypos at night, and I can't solve it.You could?

DiabetesForo
06/11/2021 8:39 a.m.

Hello, now I am doing a year using the sensors, and it is true that the first months happened to me that having a constant pressure, I kept making measurements and I was quite exhausted, and now it seems that little by little I have become accustomedAnd I take it better. I have to say that now I don't know why reason, but I have the hypos, and let's say that now I am not so strict when counting rations, I am clicking more or less I see how the tendec of glucose goesAnd that I think is the reason why I have more hypos.
But for my liking I am more calm with the sensor than being clicking on the fingers so many times, and in general I have it more controlled

dancr46's profile photo
dancr46
06/11/2021 10:14 a.m.

@Fer1803, I went down the Tresiba, I don't remember how much, but at least 6 units and the problem seems to be solved.Now, I am starting to upload it again after dinner the next 3 hours is the glycemia, but from there it goes up gradually and at 4 or before I have to correct because I put myself in 200.
We know that this is a constant struggle so to see if I solve it shortly.
Today I have put a new sensor, but after the next 14 days I think I will rest and try to see how my head assimilates;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/11/2021 5:37 p.m.

fer1803 said:
Well that is my question, someone has removed the sensor for not being able to bear the psychological pressure that supposes or for some other reason?In my case it has been counterproductive, I have been with him for three months and I have now worse control than when I started, in addition to making a difficult psychological pressure to bear, because it does not let me rest a second of the diabetes, so I havedetermined to spend at least one season without him.Something similar happened to someone else?

Yes, it is what the continuous sensor has, which you tend to use it more than because.So, it is not only psychological pressure, but it may be that you induce oscillations in glycemia due to over -recorrections in both sense, and your control worsens.

But you don't have to be so radical, I believe that the sensor is beneficial and much more comfortable than a capillary meter.I have improved control quite a lot and helped me with the hypos that had a little uncontrolled.The rule can be very simple: space the measurements at least 45 min.- 1 hour.Always.Do not repeat them with less time, although we worry the level or trend, because it will not help do it.

My advice is that you do not take off your sensor and try to convince yourself of the rule that I just explained to you.Luck.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
06/13/2021 11:44 a.m.

As outraged user of Libre2, and his deplorable, not already accuracy, but the most basic quality control, I have seen your consultation and I have registered in the forum.Hello everyone.

I have prescribed the sensor for the SS for almost 3 years.After the usual inaccuracies (my worst analysis in 4 years after putting it for a 1% error between HB1AC planned and the real), duration below 14 days with 1 in 3 or 4 (one lasted me 40 minutes),I no longer call Abbot when Faall, I am the time I run out of a sensor until they do the 14 days I would touch the replacement.

I am no longer willing to interrogate the call to replaceunknown to what time it will give you to go), nor to pierce my arm every 5 days (the area is very small).And also now in summer I can't even immerse myself with him, because he only endures 1 meter deep is the only truth of Abbot, because I have already seen that at 1 m and 15 cms goodbye sensor.

The Hospital of the SS cannot do anything (it is a contract without competition) and it is not pressure, it is that for me the level of indigención has exceeded in many times that of the satisfaction of being able to see some arrows, which now 70% ofI can predict them for myself.

Because I have obviously learned in three years from the glucose curves that I have seen and has helped me to know how I react and how my nights change if I have exercised or if I have not moved from the couch.Now I can imagine the trends when I do not carry a sensor and I can select better when to make a glycemia with the strip.

But you can live without a sensor and it is easier to do it if you have taken it before.

perlman's profile photo
perlman
06/13/2021 7:40 p.m.

perlman said:
as outraged user of free2, and its deplorable, not already accuracy, but the most basic quality control, I have seen your consultation and I have registered in the forum.Hello everyone.

I have prescribed the sensor for the SS for almost 3 years.After the usual inaccuracies (my worst analysis in 4 years after putting it for a 1% error between HB1AC planned and the real), duration below 14 days with 1 in 3 or 4 (one lasted me 40 minutes),I no longer call Abbot when Faall, I am the time I run out of a sensor until they do the 14 days I would touch the replacement.

I am no longer willing to interrogate the call to replaceunknown to what time it will give you to go), nor to pierce my arm every 5 days (the area is very small).And also now in summer I can't even immerse myself with him, because he only endures 1 meter deep is the only truth of Abbot, because I have already seen that at 1 m and 15 cms goodbye sensor.

The Hospital of the SS cannot do anything (it is a contract without competition) and it is not pressure, it is that for me the level of indigención has exceeded in many times that of the satisfaction of being able to see some arrows, which now 70% ofI can predict them for myself.

Because I have obviously learned in three years from the glucose curves that I have seen and has helped me to know how I react and how my nights change if I have exercised or if I have not moved from the couch.Now I can imagine the trends when I do not carry a sensor and I can select better when to make a glycemia with the strip.

But you can live without a sensor and it is easier to do it if you have taken it before.

That you can live without a sensor is clear, in fact some have been doing it twenty years.Many will tell you, because they have told me that you can't be well controlled.Nor do I think this is so, they mean that until three or four years ago there were no well -controlled diabetics?In my case, in fact it has been counterproductive, in the end, just before I took it much higher than when I put it on, due to the irrational fear that I had taken to the hypoglycemia that the sensor marked, many of them false.What can be a tool that can help you?Well, I will not argue it, but not in all circumstances or for all people.

DiabetesForo
06/13/2021 7:55 p.m.

With 5.6, it seems that you have very good glycemia, so if you look at the good side of the sensor you could use it as a practical and useful tool, and nothing more.As I say, in view of your HG it does not seem that you need to look for a better control because surely you are going very well.

Ton 's profile photo
Ton
06/13/2021 9:12 p.m.

I have been with the sensor for a few months, I have gotten good, bad, they have fallen and I have started them with the philos of the ports ... Yes, the psychological pressure is important, but also the tranquility it gives you when you get onethat works well.I consider what the benefits that the inconveniences are not perfect machines are superior but all aid is good, hopefully they improve in the next generation what is close.Health and Salu2

IGARO's profile photo
IGARO
06/14/2021 7:50 a.m.

@Fer1803 5 years ago I use the sensors.
My first year of diabetes was with capillaries all day, I did not admit as a customer ABBOTT, there was waiting list.
The first weeks of free1me spent the day spending the glucometer and seeing the measures, there was no mobile application or alarms in free1.It happened to me in two months, as soon as I learned how my body worked.I only measure when I get up, when I exercise and before each meal.
Since they took out I have free 2, I do the same, I don't have the alarms active.There are times that more than 8 hours have passed from the last measurement and I lack data.I settled Diabox to have the alarms when I exercise.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/14/2021 8:11 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

igaro said:
I've been with the sensor for a few months, I have gotten good, bad, they have fallen and I have started them with the edges of the ports ... yes, the psychological pressureIt is important, but also the tranquility it gives you when you get one that works well.I consider what the benefits that the inconveniences are not perfect machines are superior but all aid is good, hopefully they improve in the next generation what is close.Health and Salu2

Totally agree.The benefits are greater than the inconveniences (which also has them).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/14/2021 11:03 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The truth is that it is a continuous stress but avoid the capillary at two hours of having eaten and especially the control of at night ...

My daughter is 11 years old and awakening her at 3 in the morning to do control ...

Do you see the night control totally?

Thanks anticipated

Arigato's profile photo
Arigato
06/14/2021 12:10 p.m.

arigato said:
The truth is that it is a continuous stress but avoid the capillary at two hours of having eaten and especially the control of at night ...

My daughter is 11 years old and awakening her at 3 in the morning to do control ...

Do you see the night control totally?

Thanks anticipated

The trick is to know the trend, my opinion is that I skipped night control unless the alarm jumped and taking into account that the alarm can be false for falling asleep on top of the sensor.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/14/2021 12:26 p.m.

I got up at the beginning, as soon as I noticed something.Now I let it pass, I will take action in the morning.I sleep quite badly and if I wake up no longer the dream.

If the girl has a nightly pattern, you don't need to measure, knowing that she will have hyper, I would leave her and correct the lifting.For hypos it depends on the value.
With 65, I let it be because I know that my body recovers and appears at 75 or 80, below the ground drink water with sugar.
On Saturday 2 glasses at 4:00, I suddenly woke up because of a buzzed mosquito that passed me through my ear, I made a capillary because I seemed strange the stomach pain and the lo (Diabox marked 44)39 mg/dl in blood;I recovered up to 120 and fell asleep after giving well to the Matamascas.In the end I got up with 60. Of course, asymptomatic except the stomach pain that puts me with the hypos.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/14/2021 2:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

-

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
06/15/2021 8:37 p.m.

@"Cristóbal Cortés" I think more than negative, he has been quite faithful to reality.

I have been using since March 2020 and I have had to manage the return of about 8 sensors.

-If the sun gives them or the cold mark erratic values, being within the temperature margins indicated by Abbott.

-The M.A.R.D is not real, it is much worse and it depends a lot on the sensor that touches you, something that in a health control product cannot be allowed to be "I have been lucky with this sensor"

-For part of Abbott will be all kind as you want, but we should not know everyone as they have if they had a product reliable enough so as not to have to be calling every 2x3.

-Fenameno Pisa ... who has not been had to disconnect the alarms at night because the sensor starts with false low alarm simply because you have lying a little with the sensor.

That the sensor helps?Of course ... but do not paint it like the Panaea with those graphics because they are false

marine's profile photo
marine
06/15/2021 9:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.