{'en': 'Has anyone removed the continuous glucose sensor by psychological pressure?', 'es': '¿Alguien se ha quitado el sensor continuo de glucosa por presión psicológica?'} Image

Has anyone removed the continuous glucose sensor by psychological pressure?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/10/2021 4:39 p.m.

@"Cristóbal Cortés"
I am practically agreeing with you except for accuracy.
@marine
It is true that they have a lot to improve, but there is no doubt that the sensors are a great advance.It is a matter of knowing the defects to be able to ignore them in certain cases (when the values ​​go up after the shower or give hypos by crushing ...) and keep the rest of the information they give, which is very interesting and avoids many punctures.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/15/2021 10:13 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@"Cristóbal Cortés" There are countless users by reporting sensor accuracy failures.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/15/2021 11:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ruthbia said:
@fer1803 5 years ago that use the sensors.
My first year of diabetes was with capillaries all day, I did not admit as a customer ABBOTT, there was waiting list.
The first weeks of free1me spent the day spending the glucometer and seeing the measures, there was no mobile application or alarms in free1.It happened to me in two months, as soon as I learned how my body worked.I only measure when I get up, when I exercise and before each meal.
Since they took out I have free 2, I do the same, I don't have the alarms active.There are times that more than 8 hours have passed from the last measurement and I lack data.I settled Diabox to have the alarms when I exercise.

Well, I can no longer live without him and it has helped me a lot, I have lowered the gly of 7.4 to 6. I also have Diabox for continuous measurement and XDRIP to be able to see blood glucose every five minutes on the clock.I am exercising, working in emergencies that I cannot be low (I am a healthcare) one I have to scan or capillary on those occasions, just look at the clock.For me it is not an obsession, it is a great help and comfort.To me, except once or twice, in the three years that I have been using the sensors, the others have gone well and quite tight capillary, free and diabox, I am happy and my balance is quite positive.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/18/2021 7:36 p.m.

For me it was a before and after, I went from a glyd of 8.7 to a 6.
It has given me a lot of peace of mind and I know how my body behaves.
Yes it is true that I have deactivated alarms.

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
06/20/2021 10:43 a.m.

We have already reached this world with the sensor, I comment that we have feelings found in this issue.

On the one hand it gives you peace of mind about hypos, especially at night, but I also tell you that it is sometimes a martyrdom and we do not know how to disconnect and be looking every 5 minutes as follows.

Anyway, good things and bad things ...

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/20/2021 4:33 p.m.

No, do I think of diabetes 24 hours?Yeah!And I prefer ... I have many complications for bad control ... and believe me, you don't have to neglect a second

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
06/20/2021 8:14 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

We have already reached this world with the sensor, I comment that we have feelings found in this issue.

On the one hand it gives you peace of mind in hypos because it is priceless but it is true that sometimes it is desperate to see glycemia and that you still cannot correct.

In no case did I consider remove the sensor from my daughter but I understand those who after so many years with diabetes have decided not to use it.No one better than you to recognize your hiccup symptoms ...

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/20/2021 9:51 p.m.

Each is a world, there are people who need continuous control and others not so much.
Those who serve diabetics, especially children, need to have that control.Those of us who are diabetic adults can choose.

It is also true that I have been in periods without a sensor because they have fallen and did not have a replacement, and if the doubt has jumped on some occasion: will I be high and I will need insulin?My problem is hyperglycemia that has no symptoms.I notice the hypos and I can take actions.

My first year of the debut was based on capillaries, 6 minimum plus extras for finding me badly and not knowing why.I prefer the sensor and do not pay much attention, to be loaded with all the set and have the Moraditos fingers again.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/23/2021 9:13 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Type 1 diabetic since 1981, discovering 3 years ago the Free Style has been one of the best events of my life.
Each one tells the fair as they go, and they are all free to hang themselves with the rope they like best.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
06/30/2021 10:43 p.m.

I think that the advantages that the dissatisfied are infinite greater.Controlled we have to be, the other is to fool ourselves, the psychological pressure is always there for control, so if there is to do it, it is not easier and with better controls with the sensor Q with the glucometer?.I got to make 15 daily determinations, before and after each meal, before and after going to the gym plus extras or before bed, and for those I got the control that I have now, because you see how every meal affects you,each exercise, and act accordingly.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/01/2021 6:18 p.m.

Greater the advantages that the inconveniences meant, go with the corrector, hehehe

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/01/2021 6:19 p.m.

The endocrine is still asking for the gyrhed if you carry the sensor?
It told me last week that I did not ask for it, because it is no longer necessary because the Free Style already esteem it.
Well, I even asked me analytics of anything.
He sent me to the educator and that we would see ourselves in October.
My endocrine of a lifetime, has had to leave the hospital and now has me bewildered.
I am considering me a private health mutual because I need my quarterly complete analytics

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/01/2021 6:29 p.m.

@vanessa30 ask me for everything.Every 4-5 months I have an appointment with the endocrine.
If you don't ask me analytics, it makes me glycus there that takes about 15 minutes.

Of course, points the deviations regarding what the sensor marks, they already know that they are estimates and I suppose they will be addressing some type of report for Abbott.Next time I'm going to ask.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/02/2021 9:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The estimated sensor gyzada always goes 0.4 less than real in venous blood, I have already proven it several times.Eg, now the sensor gives me 6, because I will be 6.4 more or less.
The analytics have to do it every 6 months at least, it is not only the gly what is seen but also the lipid, renal, liver profile ... and in my thyroid case too .. what happens is that it is thatAs I am a doctor, I ask me. And then I call my endocrine and see it, if you have to see me and do not, because I do the query for Tfno.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/02/2021 11:16 a.m.

This is the logical thing, that's why I had analytics every 3 months, now the situation has changed me.
@Ruthbia yes, ask to see ..
@meginer you have it a little easier in the sense that you control the parameters that you request 👏

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/02/2021 2:30 p.m.

I answer this issue again because I think this is not white, black ... It is a gray scale and I think it is because the technology of the sensors still lacks some steps to take off like a rocket.

If I had to go back to continue with the punctures on the finger, I would say no ... as I have said I feel the fingertips again, and it gives you peace of mind when you anticipate a fat hypor or hyper that thought that I thought thatYou didn't have ... at least so accused.

But now, psychologically it is screwed when you go down the street and you start whistling a descent that does not exist because I at least do not fly as much as I feel except what the sensor says.There are many moments when the sensor is going to the clamp and it generates a lot of stress.

Is it okay?Yes .... But there are some polishing things that generate restlessness and stress.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/03/2021 10:21 a.m.

If you give such precise values ​​as a good glucometer, of course it would be the perfect help.
I don't know why some sensors are going so well and others deviate. That is the problem ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/03/2021 8:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The sensor gyzada varies, in 5 years it has given me below and above, the same times approx.
Latest sensor data:
- GLICADA 6
- Glycemia 122
In the June analytics I got the 6.2 glycan and in blood 178.
Yesterday I changed the sensor 4 hours before because it broke down, as many, many times before, marking it.

As I told you, the sensor is fine to be calm, but I do not give too much importance to the data, more of my sensations for hypos and values ​​must be taken with tweezers.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2021 8:20 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, since I put on the 1r sensor 5 years ago, that I have not removed blood from the finger !!I always succeed ... or so I think!Hahaha!
My gyzed is always less than 6.4

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
07/05/2021 11:38 p.m.

My daughter has put it today for the first time.It is displaced 20 or 30 units with the glucometer., so it is a good measure.
It gives peace of mind, especially with an active life, and it will be very good to see the graphs and to change the Lantus to Tresiba, which will be encouraged to do.
Until now he continued with Lantus and glucometer, because it was going well for him, but it is time to try the new and advance.
Let's see how new insulin feels, but the changes we were always making were for the better.
He progresses, I notice it since we started.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/06/2021 12:18 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.