Glycemia peaks ... when are they measured?

Chema2100's profile photo   12/12/2021 5:43 p.m.

Hello.
I am not yet "officially" diagnosed.I bought a glucometer, and reading talk about the ideal is not having more than 160 mg/dl at 60/90 minutes after eating or not having more than 140 mg/dl at two hours after eating.
What does it mean after eating, at 2 hours of having started eating or at two hours of having finished eating?Because, for example, today, when starting to eat, he gave me (2 measures in a row, 191 and 171, so I imagine that I would walk by 180, but then at the time and a half of starting to eat (or at the time ofFinish) I have 114 and 110 (doing average 112).

That is, I do not know if a timely peak (because it has lasted minutes) of minutes of 180 is normal, or it is not.
The same happened to me the other day.
It is usually days as not as much.When as more, the level is lower (I think), but it remains longer.

Does anyone know how it is measured?

Thank you.

Chema2100's profile photo
Chema2100
12/12/2021 5:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In case I have not explained myself well.I start eating at 2:00 p.m. and I finished at 14:30.
I measure me at 3:00 p.m. and that is when I was around 180, and at 15:30 it was around 112.

Thank you.

Chema2100
12/12/2021 5:52 p.m.

@Chema2100: If you are not "diagnosed" why do you buy a glucometer and you crush your fingers?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/12/2021 6:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

All people have peaks after eating if carbohydrates are eaten, if I know if you bina with vegetables and fats the beak will be less.I recommend that you take a look at the Instagram account @glucosegoddes, since it carries a sensor without having diabetes and explains how carbohydrates affect.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/12/2021 6:39 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@Chema2100, depends on the glycemic index of the food.It can be at the time or a half of having eaten.
But analytics and glycosilada are those that detect diabetes in doubtful cases, better than a glucometer.
Normally people without diabetes do not usually pass 140.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/12/2021 7:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

ricki21 said:
@chema2100: if you are not "diagnosed" why you buy a glucometer and crush your fingers?

Hello.
A few years ago, fasting glycemia went high.Of that they made me glycosilada and came out 5.8, and then moved between 5.2, 5.5, 5.9, but I have never measured that I have given 6 or more.
But...
The problem is that I am a blood donor.And part of those measurements were made at the 2 or 4 weeks of donating, with which the glycosilada has surely been greater.And to donate blood affected HB1C I found out recently.

As a month ago I began to see stains that move (I know they can be perfectly normal for some).Then I noticed that towards some foam when urinating.

As I do not go to the endocrine regularly, and considering that I have donated a month ago, I preferred to see if I had glycemia peaks after meals.And if so, ask for an appointment with the endocrine.

Chema2100
12/12/2021 7:20 p.m.

@Chema2100, if you have something altered the glucose, it is little, because of the values ​​you have.
Floating flies are not related to retinopathy and if you are something hypochondriac you will see foam when urinating, without anything.
Go to the endocrine to do your studies in case you have to wear a diet, but diabetes complications appear with higher and more kept values.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/12/2021 7:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
@chema2100, if you have something altered glucose, it is little, because of the values ​​you have.
Floating flies are not related to retinopathy and if you are something hypochondriac you will see foam when urinating, without anything.
Go to the endocrine to do your studies in case you have to wear a diet, but diabetes complications appear with higher and more kept values.

Thank you.I have an appointment with the endocrine, but it goes to the third week of January ... (and it is not the endocrine that I had years ago, which is no longer there, and those who enter my insurance is the first one that gives me appointment)And yes, I think I'm something hypochondriaco: Smile: and I find it hard to wait.

Anyway, today it has risen there, but eating much less than what usually (the last year and a half did not measure the glycosiladI have cared for anything ...).I do not dare to hit the binge that hit me, and look at the glucose level, because I still give me something ... fear I think where the values ​​have uploaded the last year and peak.

Chema2100
12/12/2021 7:50 p.m.

Josemibi said:
All people have peaks after eating if they eat carbohydrates, if I know if bina with vegetables and fats the beak will be less.I recommend that you take a look at the Instagram account @glucosegoddes, since it carries a sensor without having diabetes and explains how carbohydrates affect.

Hello.
Thank you.
I have tried to search on Instagram, but I didn't even have an account, so I didn't handle it well.And there are many accounts with that name.
Would this account be?: Https://www.instagram.com/glucosegoddes/?hl=en

Edito: It seems yes.Very interesting.Thank you so much.

Chema2100
12/12/2021 7:53 p.m.

regina said:
@chema2100, depends on the glycemic index of the food.It can be at the time or a half of having eaten.
But analytics and glycosilada are those that detect diabetes in doubtful cases, better than a glucometer.
Normally people without diabetes do not usually go from 140.

Regina, believe me that people without diabetes have peaks greater than 140, ripe fruit, pasta, etc.

As I commented on Glucosegoddeness Instagram, many examples have.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/12/2021 7:56 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
regina said:
@chema2100, depends on the glycemic index of the food.It can be at the time or a half of having eaten.
Normally people without diabetes do not usually go from 140.

Regina, believe me that people without diabetes have peaks greater than 140, ripe fruit, pasta, etc.

As I commented on Glucosegoddeness Instagram, many examples have.

Indeed:
Link

Thank you very much for the link.

Chema2100
12/12/2021 9:11 p.m.

chema2100 said:
Josemibi said:
All people have peaks after eating if carbohydrates are eaten, if I know if bina with vegetables and fats the peak will beminor.I recommend that you take a look at the Instagram account @glucosegoddes, since it carries a sensor without having diabetes and explains how carbohydrates affect.

Hello.
Thank you.
I have tried to search on Instagram, but I didn't even have an account, so I didn't handle it well.And there are many accounts with that name.
Would this account be?: Https://www.instagram.com/glucosegoddes/?hl=en

Edito: It seems yes.Very interesting.Thank you very much.

Sorry, I hadn't seen the comment.Yes, it is that account.My girlfriend who is not diabetic bought an Abbott sensor and saw how his body responded to certain foods for 15 days and based on that modified some meals.Breakfasts for example, bread sat quite badly.We also saw that it is not 100% in rank.Of course, whenever he left rank it was below after a great intake of ch.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/12/2021 11:13 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@Josemibi, medical criteria are those so far.But particular reactions will be many.Medicine is not an exact science.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/12/2021 11:22 p.m.

Non -diabetics have peaks just like us, but your body secretes insulin and regulates quickly.In about 20 min they are in normal values ​​70-110mg/dl.

Abbott's sensors fail a lot, they are not a good source to give guidelines, you also have to do it with a population mass of the same EDA, lifestyle, food, etc.To draw conclusions.I measure the blood glucose to my boy after a gintonic and usually comes out about 160 mg/dl;I did it to him and the panda and everyone was between 160-180mg/dl.

@Chema2100 don't think so.Make a normal life, if you develop diabetes it will be with some peaks of more than 300mg/dl and a 13 or higher glyc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/13/2021 12:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
non -diabetics have peaks just like us, but his body secretes insulin and regulates quickly.In about 20 min they are in normal values ​​70-110mg/dl.

Abbott's sensors fail a lot, they are not a good source to give guidelines, you also have to do it with a population mass of the same EDA, lifestyle, food, etc.To draw conclusions.I measure the blood glucose to my boy after a gintonic and usually comes out about 160 mg/dl;I did it to him and the panda and everyone was between 160-180mg/dl.

@Chema2100 don't think so.Make a normal life, if you develop diabetes, it will be with some peaks of more than 300mg/dl and a glyc of 13 or higher.

The gin does not upload to anyone, the blood glucose is more dangerous because of the hypoglycemia that it can cause, with a tonic that carries a lot of sugar can give a specific peak is possible, but for a diabic is safe hypoglycemia, eye with the comments and comments and comments andThe tips we give

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/13/2021 2:15 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

ruthbia said:
non -diabetics have peaks just like us, but his body secretes insulin and regulates quickly.In about 20 min they are in normal values ​​70-110mg/dl.

@Chema2100 don't think so.Make a normal life, if you develop diabetes, it will be with some peaks of more than 300mg/dl and a glyc of 13 or higher.

People without diabetes take more than 20 'to return to normal values.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/13/2021 2:22 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

alberto_13 said:

The gin does not upload to anyone, the blood glucose is more dangerous because of the hypoglycemia that it can cause, with a tonic that carries a lot of sugar can give a specific peak is possible, but for a diabic is safe hypoglycemia, eye with the comments and comments and comments andThe tips we give

It will be for you, to me a gintonic rises like the foam glycemia for the hydrates of the tonic, and nothing;Alcohol produces hypos if you have drunk a lot and have a circulating insulin.While the liver processes alcohol does not process hydrates and if you have active insulin could reach a hypo;Diabetological nurses the first thing they tell you is that alcohol with a full stomach and without active fast insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/13/2021 5:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Josemibi said:
ruthbia said:
non -diabetics have peaks just like us, but his body segregates insulin and regulates quickly.In about 20 min they are in normal values ​​70-110mg/dl.

Well, it's not true, each person is different.My boy and his friends were 98 mg/dl for about 20 minutes, it also depends if they are picing something while drinking, if they are fat, they are hydrates, etc..... There is no fixed guideline.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/13/2021 5:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
alberto_13 said:

It will be for you, to me a gintonic rises like the foam glycemia for the hydrates of the tonic, and nothing;Alcohol produces hypos if you have drunk a lot and have a circulating insulin.While the liver processes alcohol does not process hydrates and if you have active insulin could reach a hypo;Diabetological nurses the first thing they tell you is that alcohol with a full stomach and without active fast insulin.

What do you like your drinking a lot?, I put an article, if you want I put you 100

Link

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/13/2021 5:47 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

ruthbia said:
Josemibi said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
non -diabetics have peaks just like us, but itsBody segregates insulin and regulates quickly.In about 20 min they are in normal values ​​70-110mg/dl.

Well, it's not true, each person is different.My boy and his friends were 98 mg/dl for about 20 minutes, it also depends if they are picing something while drinking, if they are fat, they are hydrates, etc..... there is no fixed guideline.

I mean a person without diabetes, and making a normal meal with carbohydrates.

Two examples of different people.

@glucosegodeness (IG)

@Josemacatalina (IG)

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/13/2021 6:18 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.