{'en': "Hello, I'm new and I want to introduce myself", 'es': 'Hola, soy nueva y quiero presentarme'} Image

Hello, I'm new and I want to introduce myself

Ensalada's profile photo   01/19/2022 10:36 p.m.

Hello good,

My name is Eva, but since I was already taken, I have registered as a salad;It was lack of ideas, hehe.
I debuted last summer, through the big door, with a beautiful ketoacidosis.

I knew that something was going wrong, I was rare, with diffuse symptoms, sensations that I now identify perfectly as high sugar.

The worst was Boca's dryness, I didn't let me sleep, no matter how much I drank it didn't take off.Chew gum, I bought an oral mucosa cream, I drank small sorbit at night to avoid going to the bathroom 500 times ...

As I was very fly, I consulted Dr. Google and my symptoms took me to head diabetes.I asked for an appointment with the family doctor on Thursday and examined me on Monday.The weekend I worse, I had the vision very blurred and began to notice tachycardic.

The doctor wanted to prescribe myself analysis of thyroid hormones and I had to insist and almost begged to measure my sugar with "a little pot that clicks your finger."I had 350 and sent me to the hospital.

These months I have been consuming diabetes content on YouTube and the Internet and this week I discovered this forum.I have looked a little the threads and it seemed that this is the most practical, precise, useful and selfless information that I have found.
At the moment I am learning a lot, I hope to contribute something interesting for others.

Thank you for allowing me to join this community.

Mine is lada (I'm fifty) and the beginnings have been Durillos.I left the hospital and fell several times a day in hypoglycemia, until I managed to understand and handle insulin treatment.I have felt very supported above all by the nurse who takes me.

Well, as a presentation, I think it's worth it, right?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/19/2022 10:36 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Welcome Eva to the exciting world of sugar, at least he has caught you late, I pillo 31 years ago and has not left me since then

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/20/2022 10:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Eva

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/20/2022 11:19 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Welcome Eva.To me this diabetes also caught me older, with 47 years.And I recognize in many the symptoms you mention: the blurred vision and that feeling of dryness in the mouth that did not go with anything (I had my tongue as dehydrated, even if I drink a lot of water).
That said, welcome to the forum, and surely you can also contribute a lot.We will all help each other.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/20/2022 11:29 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Well, welcome Eva @ensalada, if we are several who debut more, as they told me it is not usual but I get more and more people.
Everything is a radical change, it cost me at the beginning, and days I am exploding, but forward, there is no other option.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/20/2022 11:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Welcome.
I get about 25 years old and I pass from sixty -five and I plan to spend many more, so, calm and palante.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/20/2022 12:06 p.m.

Thank you so much.It is comforting to be able to share experiences with people who live with this condition (or disease).I try to comment little on the street so as not to become the heavy of diabetes

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/20/2022 1:09 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Hi @ENSALADA, Eva

I also started with DM1 too late.It's weird but sometimes it happens.Something similar happened to me.As I have a nephew with diabetes since childhood, I worry quickly and I bought a glucose meter before the pharmacy, I click and I was in 400. I went directly to the hospital, but an imbecil attended me who said that it was not urgent.The next day I went directly to an endocrine.And it was all better.

The more you read and are better informed.At first the truth is difficult, there is everything left because the factors of both fast and basal factors will vary and you will have to adjust.Some hypoglycemia will suffer, like everyone else.Avoid nightly.At first I was used to 150 because I was afraid.With the sensor (I have dexcom that works very well but in Spain they do not prescribe it), I go to bed more adjusted, as close to 100. You will learn how your body works and react to exercise, the walks, the types of meals.Never imitate another person's factors with diabetes!Each person is very different and you will have to discover how much insulin you need to enlide food and very important what you have done before movement and what you are going to do later when insulin is still active.Little by little.But avoid night hypos!

Maybe you have it but ask for a sensor.Although Abbott's gives a little war, as you will see in the forum, in general it is very useful and you will improve the quality of life.

I have no problem at work in saying that I have diabetes and all my colleagues and friends know it.If it gives me a downturn or I say nonsense in a meeting you already know that it may be that I am under sugar and sometimes they see me stop and take some glucose.Also in the Gym, the teacher knows it, especially for security.Sometimes in the middle of the class my alarm whips and I have to stop for a little glucose.Nor can I exercise with the belly on the floor, because I put the sensor in that area, and I always do something different and the Gym's teacher does not bother.

Well you will be controlling little by little.But you will put the leg many times.Don't worry.We are not machines and there are many factors (movement, stress, fats in meals, in women the menstrual cycle, etc) that affect us a lot.

Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/22/2022 11:15 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Welcome Eva I am also lada and debut with 51 years, it is true that at the beginning it is hard, you have to learn many things that get along well, then it is much better with the limitations but well.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2022 10:30 a.m.

Hello, I am Luisa and I am also new, in the forum and with diabetes.I am 58 years old and with my birthday my diagnosis of Lada arrived.Trying to learn everything possible.For now only with Tersiba

Luisa63's profile photo
Luisa63
01/23/2022 12:29 p.m.

Hello Eva.Welcome to the group.I debuted more than 3 years ago with the same symptoms.The hospital protocol did not convince him at all and started studying on my own.Today I have my fully controlled glucose, a hemoglobin of 4.9 and I do not feel that it is diabetic (I lead a virtually normal life)
Surely you can contribute a lot to this group

Nuria Biopowerfit's profile photo
Nuria Biopowerfit
01/23/2022 12:50 p.m.

By the way, I am 51 years old and I debuted with 48

Nuria Biopowerfit's profile photo
Nuria Biopowerfit
01/23/2022 12:51 p.m.

Well, welcome, to me, TB caught me somewhat older, two years ago and with the Covid debuté, I do not turn it more around it was as a result of the covid or because life is capricious and touched me with its wand.You learn a lot about essay - Error, it is so, each person, a world.

pachi65's profile photo
pachi65
01/23/2022 7:48 p.m.

Thanks Compis, I will answer one by one because your interventions touch on issues that worry me a lot:

jldiazdel said:
hello @ensalada, eva

I also started with DM1 too late.It's weird but sometimes it happens.Something similar happened to me.As I have a nephew with diabetes since childhood, I worry quickly and I bought a glucose meter before the pharmacy, I click and I was in 400. I went directly to the hospital, but an imbecil attended me who said that it was not urgent.The next day I went directly to an endocrine.And it was all better.

The more you read and are better informed.At first the truth is difficult, there is everything left because the factors of both fast and basal factors will vary and you will have to adjust.Some hypoglycemia will suffer, like everyone else.Avoid nightly.At first I was used to 150 because I was afraid.With the sensor (I have dexcom that works very well but in Spain they do not prescribe it), I go to bed more adjusted, as close to 100. You will learn how your body works and react to exercise, the walks, the types of meals.Never imitate another person's factors with diabetes!Each person is very different and you will have to discover how much insulin you need to enlide food and very important what you have done before movement and what you are going to do later when insulin is still active.Little by little.But avoid night hypos!

Maybe you have it but ask for a sensor.Although Abbott's gives a little war, as you will see in the forum, in general it is very useful and you will improve the quality of life.

I have no problem at work in saying that I have diabetes and all my colleagues and friends know it.If it gives me a downturn or I say nonsense in a meeting you already know that it may be that I am under sugar and sometimes they see me stop and take some glucose.Also in the Gym, the teacher knows it, especially for security.Sometimes in the middle of the class my alarm whips and I have to stop for a little glucose.Nor can I exercise with the belly on the floor, because I put the sensor in that area, and I always do something different and the Gym's teacher does not bother.

Well you will be controlling little by little.But you will put the leg many times.Don't worry.We are not machines and there are many factors (movement, stress, fats in meals, in women the menstrual cycle, etc) that affect us a lot.

Encourage

Thanks Jdiazcel.I am there.Test and error.Before an intake in which I am going to put bolus I say: "I bet three bowling to this pizza" because, what is clear is that this does not go from mathematics, the body reacts differently to the same foods.
I have put the leg and keep putting it many times.But I don't overwhelm myself.What have I fallen short and I am very high?To walk or climb 8 plants in the office, or a short weight of weights or, if there is no choice, insulin to singing.What happened to myself and I am falling in hiccups?Zumito, fruit, bread, etc.
I have no problem saying that I suffer diabetes, so my colleagues, yoga teacher, etc.It is not shameful.What happens is that I don't want to give the grill going into details.
I have the Abott's sensor, which although it is not perfect, it makes my life easier.I no longer fall into hypos because I have put the alarm in 80, which allows me to trace with a fruit without stirring, avoiding juices or jelly.
I have no night hypos, on the contrary, about 3 am I have a 50 + or - so I try to sleep PR under 120.
Thanks for your words of encouragement

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/24/2022 4:39 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

antonimar said:
welcome eva I am also ladWith limitations but well.
Greetings

Thanks Antonimar.I started September and now I am much more "made" to the subject.It is true that at the beginning it is overwhelming.Not that you take a normal life, but almost.You have to keep the mood and be constant.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/24/2022 4:43 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Luisa63 said:
Hello, and I am also new, in the forum and with diabetes.I am 58 years old and with my birthday my diagnosis of Lada arrived.Trying to learn everything possible.For now only with smooth

Thanks, Luisa.Very similar, I have 54. It produces a lot of relief to think that I have lived my childhood, youth, pregnancies, free of this burden.Now I have enough maturity to face it without drama.I am also in the learning phase

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/24/2022 4:46 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

nuria biopowerfit said:
hello Eve.Welcome to the group.I debuted more than 3 years ago with the same symptoms.The hospital protocol did not convince him at all and started studying on my own.Today I have my fully controlled glucose, a hemoglobin of 4.9 and I do not feel that it is diabetic (I lead a virtually normal life)
Surely you can contribute a lot to this group

Thanks Nuria.Just like you.I filled with hospital food;I seemed loaded with hydrates and in addition to a very high glycemic index.I don't comed like this.The PAN was not integral, they put María sweetened cookies, but of refined flours.A lot of food, it seemed very inappropriate.
I went home overpout and, when eating my way, I fell into hypoglycemia after each meal, I did not dare drastically the doses and was scared, overwhelmed and overwhelmed.Now I manage better.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/24/2022 4:54 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

pachi65 said:
Well welcome be, to me tb me caught somewhat oldcapricious and touched me with his wand.You learn a lot about essay - Error, it is so, each person, a world.

Thanks, Pachi.I am very interested in your case.I spent a "Chichinabo" covid in September 2020 and I had debuted in September 2021, although since June I already noticed symptoms.Given that I have not taken anything at all from that minicovid, can it have been the trigger?I would love to know your experience.My endocrine does not relate it, he says that he has not observed an increase in cases from the pandemic, but I would like those we have debuted after having passed the Covid we will tell our story to see if we identify any pattern.
Nothing will change, it is simple curiosity.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/24/2022 5:02 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@ENSALADA, an increase in cases with the pandemic, especially in children, has been observed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2022 5:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@salad, yes an increase in cases with pandemic, especially in children, has been observed.

Uff!

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/24/2022 5:21 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.