{'en': 'Question about the glycemia sensor', 'es': 'Pregunta sobre el sensor de glucemia'} Image

Question about the glycemia sensor

cacharro's profile photo   01/16/2022 5:13 p.m.

Hello again,

This week I will go to the educator to put on a sensor of those in the arm that measured blood glucose with the mòvil, but I have seen that they also bring a meter to do it, is it so?

I suppose that if it is so you can measure with the meter without using the mobile, download the data and send them to the endocrine?

I guess it will be freestylelibre

I am expectant.

Greetings.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/16/2022 5:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, Freestyle (TB Dexcom) have their own meter.

I do not use it, I prefer the mobile.Since I have to bring my mobile saving one more device in my pocket.The meter is not necessary except that you have mobile compatibility problems!

You'll see how your glycemias improve a lot.But tb must learn to use the sensor.And sometimes someone goes wrong!You will have to be patient at the beginning.The educator will explain it to you!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/16/2022 5:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much and greetings.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/16/2022 6:26 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
yes, the freestyle (tb dexcom) have their own meter.

I do not use it, I prefer the mobile.Since I have to bring my mobile saving one more device in my pocket.The meter is not necessary except that you have mobile compatibility problems!

You'll see how your glycemias improve a lot.But tb must learn to use the sensor.And sometimes someone goes wrong!You will have to be patient at the beginning.The educator will explain it to you!

Well, this morning, the educator put the sensor (to pear that I was very brief in explanations) and these first 14 days of returning to the educator I will use her own meter. At now I rarely moved away a lot from home toWalking with mobile and meter, in summer we will see. He told me that if I was happy in 14 days they already prescribed it to me.
But I want to tell my first experience: this afternoon I could prune some fruit trees that I have next to the house to derle "cane" and sweat to see what was happening. That is about 4 pm he warns me that I have the low grlucema. I have a testand it gives me 58. I also looked at her with the reactive strip of the verio and gives me 88. I almost gave the reason to the verio than to the sensor since I did not feel hypoglycemia. I have noticed that the sensor takes longer to "update"The glycemia values ​​once you ate something to compensate. During the afternoon I beat me with the beep that I lost the signal, I did not know that it was motivated, and I asked for scanning, I did it and was silent. Well how you comment on it isQuestion of patience and adapt.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/17/2022 7:53 p.m.

cacharro said:
jldiazdel said:
yes, the freestyle (tb dexcom) have their own meter.

Well, this morning, the educator put the sensor (to pear that I was very brief in explanations) and these first 14 days of returning to the educator I will use her own meter. At now I rarely moved away a lot from home toWalking with mobile and meter, in summer we will see. He told me that if I was happy in 14 days they already prescribed it to me.
But I want to tell my first experience: this afternoon I could prune some fruit trees that I have next to the house to derle "cane" and sweat to see what was happening. That is about 4 pm he warns me that I have the low grlucema. I have a testand it gives me 58. I also looked at her with the reactive strip of the verio and gives me 88. I almost gave the reason to the verio than to the sensor since I did not feel hypoglycemia. I have noticed that the sensor takes longer to "update"The glycemia values ​​once you ate something to compensate. During the afternoon I beat me with the beep that I lost the signal, I did not know that it was motivated, and I asked for scanning, I did it and was silent. Well how you comment on it isQuestion of patience and adapt.

Between the sensor and the glucometer you have to believe the glucometer.Some sensors go bad and if in three or four days they continue to fail a lot of Abbot.
Regarding time, the sensor goes with a delay of approximately 15 minutes.It measures the interstitial glucose, which comes from the capillaries, so it goes behind the glucometer.That is, with what the glucometer gives you the sensor should coincide at 15/20 minutes.
The glucometer is more accurate but with the sensor you will see the evolution of your glucose continuously.You will discover what things you thought did not upload you later and things like that.It is very practical but from my point of view you need to confirm with glucometer in case of very low or very high measures.
You will tell us.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/17/2022 9:42 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Yes, today the two were approaching a lot, there are only 10-15 of Deferncia at the always higher levels in the glucometer ... of course, by being able to do the controls that they want without the need to prick their fingers, oneSee many things that I didn't see before. This tomorrow I familiarize me with him and deactivates the alarm of signal loss that from time to time I reminded me I suppose that when I move away from the measurement, (I already started to miss :) And I thinkthat is not necessary.
I will tell the thing.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/18/2022 7:42 p.m.

Indeed, you have to deactivate the signal loss alarm because it is a roll and how it keeps up to 8 hours from the last scan the next time you escape recover the values ​​...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/18/2022 8:58 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Well, another question, please: I just plug at the portatil via USB, I detect it but I don't see where your access is. As you have to do? You have to download some program or something? Thank you.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/19/2022 7:33 p.m.

They forgive but I have been looking at there and first I think you have to register here Link Download the application and you can already transfer the data.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/19/2022 7:49 p.m.

No, no ... discharge directly at Libreview.https: //www.libreview.com/
There you can download the values, see graphs, the AGP, etc.And give your doctor access to the consultation

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/20/2022 11:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
no, no ... discharge directly at freeview.https: //www.libreview.com/
There you can download the values, see graphs, the AGP, etc.And give access to your doctor for when you go to consult

Well, I just saw your answer and I'm going to proceed to discharge where you indicate.
Thank you

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/20/2022 12:03 p.m.

@Cacharro you have to put the same mail as in the app to transfer the data

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/20/2022 12:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

OK thanks!

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/20/2022 12:25 p.m.

Well, I already registered, download the drivers, connect the meter and download the PDF of the data. I think it has a section to connect with the ambulatory, but that to see what the educator tells me when I go on the 31st.
According to the few days that I have used the meter, the meter measures the mg/dl between 25 and 35 lower than the glycometer verio of strips in Sandre.This can be good to prevent eventual decreases from glucose but according to learning here andThe educator said, what is worth is the measure of blood strips.
Another good thing is that you can test the glucose as many times as you want without clicking your fingers.
And for last an ignorant question: when you get out of the freestyle page you don't have to close session, you already do when you get out.
Thanks and greetings.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/20/2022 2:55 p.m.

It doesn't matter if you go out, the data is linked to email as identifying unique.

If you want more precision there are other applications that you can use in parallel and read the sensor automatically without passing it, they go through Bluetooth.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/20/2022 10:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks again.
Greetings

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/21/2022 2:02 p.m.

Hello:

I am also starting with Freestyle 2. It is assumed that the sensor and glucometer data are more similar when you have stable glucose.When you are going up or down, that's when they differ more.The glucometer is more reliable, but the sensor is what gives you is the trend in which you are.Thing that is very important.That is, it warns you a bit of how you are evolving, rather.The glucometer is more static, a fixed photo of that moment.Yes, you are in 90, for example, but ... going up or going down?That 'dynamic' thing is what gives you better the sensor.So it is best to take everything as a 'global' system.With the sensor you know how you go, and with the other, as you are.
I don't know, but it's what is looking for me.
What yes, when I connect the sensor to the computer, this does not find it.I have already downloaded the drivers and everything, but ... I have called Abbott, but they don't know what it is.And it is not the sensor, because the other day I went to the hospital review, and there they did download everything.Anyway, technology gajes ...
Hugs,
Guullermo

Guillermito's profile photo
Guillermito
01/24/2022 11:19 a.m.

Hello good, I hope you have more luck than me, today for example I started a new sensor and since it does not come with surprise, there is no way that alerts are active and is always with signal losses even though I always carry it on top.
Well let's hope that with the next ones they get better but they don't give me confidence.
A pity, with how good we would be with some sensors that simply meet.
Greetings to all

Tavosugarfree's profile photo
Tavosugarfree
01/24/2022 6:47 p.m.

Guillermito said:
Hello:

I am also starting with Freestyle 2. It is assumed that the sensor and glucometer data are more similar when you have stable glucose.When you are going up or down, that's when they differ more.The glucometer is more reliable, but the sensor is what gives you is the trend in which you are.Thing that is very important.That is, it warns you a bit of how you are evolving, rather.The glucometer is more static, a fixed photo of that moment.Yes, you are in 90, for example, but ... going up or going down?That 'dynamic' thing is what gives you better the sensor.So it is best to take everything as a 'global' system.With the sensor you know how you go, and with the other, as you are.
I don't know, but it's what is looking for me.
What yes, when I connect the sensor to the computer, this does not find it.I have already downloaded the drivers and everything, but ... I have called Abbott, but they don't know what it is.And it is not the sensor, because the other day I went to the hospital review, and there they did download everything.Anyway, technology gajes ...
Hugs,
Guullermo.

Hello.
Well, with the freestyle it is as you say. Seeing if on Monday that I go to the educator, I suppose that the two things will leave me the freestyle and the glucometer, because the two are necessary
Did you download the drivers of here .https: //www.libreview.com/ as Ruthbia told me?

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/24/2022 7:43 p.m.

tavosugarfree said:
hello good, I hope you have more luck than me, today for example I started a new sensor and since it does not come with surprise, there is no way that alerts are active and is alwaysWith signal losses even though I always carry it on top.
Well let's hope that with the next ones they get better but they don't give me confidence.
A pity, with how good we would be with some sensors that simply meet.
Greetings to all

Well, you won't always have bad luck.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
01/24/2022 7:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.