{'en': 'I am desperate with threeiba !!', 'es': 'Estoy desesperada con Tresiba!!'} Image

I am desperate with threeiba !!

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo   03/14/2022 7:15 p.m.

meginer said:
uma said:
stefaniabc32 said:
stefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
The changes are expensive.I from Lantus to Levemir and from there to Toujeo.1 month to find the dose.It was crazy.
Have you proven the hormones?Look at whether the highest peaks coincide with ovulation and menstruation, those days there is no possible control.
Have you changed the needles?They give me 6mm now and I have to quickly rectify 4-5 times a day, insulin does not reach me.I doubt that the slow one enters me.

I changed the needles from 8 to 4. And as for the menstruation that is another ... since I put the first covid vaccine (I have two), it does not come to me, 3 and a half have passed already ... 😵
I did not know that the needles influenced so much ... I have changed doctors also because I have come to Menorca to live and the first thing they did, was to spend Lantus in the morning and change my needles.

It seems that the ideal zone for the absorption of insulin is found just below the upper layer of the epidermis that has a thickness between 1.25 and 3.25 mm and this is for everyone, it has nothing to do withThe adipose tissue that is below, so the 4 mm needles meet their goal perfectly and have many advantages since they are practically painless, there is less risk of lipodistropia and that the puncture is intramuscular.Below I leave a link to an article that explains it.

As for the Tresiba, it cost me enough to take the dynamics, and as soon as it does not piss with the amount of fast, you eat something more of the account or the exercise time varies the matter.You have to be very attentive to any change and as the three -year rise or decline cannot be done lightly since it takes about 48 hours to notice the first effects of change, because you can go a bit crazy.But you have to learn to wait to see results, because the learning process and its automation is not easy.The advantage that I have found is that I have greatly diminished the nocturnal hypoglycemia, I do not have, getting up with glycemia almost the same as I go to bed in a continuous flat line and getting that was very important in my case.I had to change the novorapid to Fiasp because I began to need much faster action, and I can not spend a fat or protein because then I have a climb once the effect of Fiasp has passed, that the Tresiba fails to overcome when it isso flat and I have to rectify.In short, the whole system must be adapted almost from scratch and each will have to do with it or not.

Link

How good you have explained about Tresiba, it is just what happens to me, except that I am not flat all night, that is my problem.I can go to bed 70 and get up quietly at 200 and it is not for lack of slow pq for the day I am super stable.Start up at three or four in the morning are knowing why, and is getting up more and more.I also get fiasp because I am doing very well for the rest of the day, the action is fast and I do well, but I do not know if at night I may do better another insulin less.Quick and that I do a low diet in HC, not as fat but more protein, at night I try to eat less protein to avoid that climb but do not get it, go up less but go up.

So I have observed the FIASP covers the time in which the hydrates and carbohydrates are metabolized, but it does not cover that of fats and proteins that happens as you know from four hours.For that, the novorapid who has a longer action time is more appropriate.Try to see ifPutting a novorapid to dinner covers you part of the night.I have ever done it, just at night and I have achieved acceptable levels, carefully so as not to lower too much.

uma's profile photo
uma
03/17/2022 5:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

estefaniabc32 said:
meginer said:
uma said:
uma said:
stefaniabc32 said:
stefaniabc32 said:
stefaniabc32 said:
stefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
the changes are expensive.I from Lantus to Levemir and from there to Toujeo.1 month to find the dose.It was crazy.
Have you proven the hormones?Look at whether the highest peaks coincide with ovulation and menstruation, those days there is no possible control.
Have you changed the needles?They give me 6mm now and I have to quickly rectify 4-5 times a day, insulin does not reach me.I doubt that the slow one enters me.

I changed the needles from 8 to 4. And as for the menstruation that is another ... since I put the first covid vaccine (I have two), it does not come to me, 3 and a half have passed already ... 😵
I did not know that the needles influenced so much ... I have changed doctors also because I have come to Menorca to live and the first thing they did, was to spend Lantus in the morning and change my needles.

It seems that the ideal zone for the absorption of insulin is found just below the upper layer of the epidermis that has a thickness between 1.25 and 3.25 mm and this is for everyone, it has nothing to do withThe adipose tissue that is below, so the 4 mm needles meet their goal perfectly and have many advantages since they are practically painless, there is less risk of lipodistropia and that the puncture is intramuscular.Below I leave a link to an article that explains it.

As for the Tresiba, it cost me enough to take the dynamics, and as soon as it does not piss with the amount of fast, you eat something more of the account or the exercise time varies the matter.You have to be very attentive to any change and as the three -year rise or decline cannot be done lightly since it takes about 48 hours to notice the first effects of change, because you can go a bit crazy.But you have to learn to wait to see results, because the learning process and its automation is not easy.The advantage that I have found is that I have greatly diminished the nocturnal hypoglycemia, I do not have, getting up with glycemia almost the same as I go to bed in a continuous flat line and getting that was very important in my case.I had to change the novorapid to Fiasp because I began to need much faster action, and I can not spend a fat or protein because then I have a climb once the effect of Fiasp has passed, that the Tresiba fails to overcome when it isso flat and I have to rectify.In short, the whole system must be adapted almost from scratch and each will have to do with it or not.

Link

How good you have explained about Tresiba, it is just what happens to me, except that I am not flat all night, that is my problem.I can go to bed 70 and get up quietly at 200 and it is not for lack of slow pq for the day I am super stable.Start up at three or four in the morning are knowing why, and is getting up more and more.I also get fiasp because I am doing very well for the rest of the day, the action is fast and I do well, but I do not know if at night I may do better another insulin less.Quick and that I do a low diet in HC, not as fat but more protein, at night I try to eat less protein to avoid that climb but do not get it, go up less but go up.

Forgive, but how do proteins up glycemia?I did not know that, it seems that I am new in this ...

Everything, absolutely everything you eat, except water and non -digestible fiber ends up becoming glucose.Only in the caseOf the hydrates, this process is simpler and very fast, hence the famous postprandial climbing, but fats and proteins have a more complex and long process, so their effects are noticeable after four hours, more or lessof your intake.That is why to handle the stability of the glycemia, at least the four factors must be taken into account: insulin, carbohydrates, fats and proteins.There is also the exercise, hormonal and emotional factors.But since this would be endless to start driving the first four gives you for a lifetime.I encourage, as my endocrine said the first one that I had "I have never met a silly diabetic", so you have to shine.

uma's profile photo
uma
03/17/2022 6 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

ruthbia said:
@uma the epidermis layer depends on each person.I have hard skin (the nurse who put me the first covid vaccine made me a sausage because the needle did not enter) and the very thick layer, yesterday they made a shoulder echo on another subject and I asked the laboratory technicianand to the doctor who entered later.

Yesterday I found myself in one of my 8mm needles and comparison bags, the 6mm do not work for me, novorapid does not act and with those of 8mm yes.I have made an order of 8mm since they do not distribute them in the SS.
With any needle you get a bleeding if the capillaries are very superficial or you have them weak.It doesn't matter the length.When I debuted they gave me 4mm needles and I was full of bruises.

@Estefaniabc32 There is a rule out there to calculate the fat/protein unit, but approximately 30% becomes a cargo;There are people who do not have to calculate insulin for this unit and others, it is my case, which rises the same as the hydrates at 4 hours approximately.You have to get to know very well to know how much "late" attorney it absorbs you basal insulin so as not to replenish fast insulin.With flat insulins (Toujeo and Tresiba) it is very difficult to regulate the excesses, in the end I end up putting more novorapid.

Ruthbia I do not know if your case will be a bit special for what you tell me but usually the thickness of the epidermis is of a range between 1.25 and 3.25 mm, it is an anatomical issue, but I suppose that as in everything you canThere are exceptions.Most people will benefit the finest and most short needles, and some others may not serve him.Let's see if I managed to find a study that spoke of where the insulin receptors were located in the epidermis and it was for what they also advised the use of shorter needles

uma's profile photo
uma
03/17/2022 6:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

uma said:
stefaniabc32 said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
the changes are expensive.I from Lantus to Levemir and from there to Toujeo.1 month to find the dose.It was crazy.

Link

Forgive, but how do proteins up glycemia?I did not know that, it seems that I am new in this ...

Everything, absolutely everything you eat, except water and non -digestible fiber endsbecoming glucose.Only in the case of hydrates this process is simpler and very fast, hence the famous postprandial rosages, but fat and proteins have a more complex and long process so their effects are noted from fourhours, more or less of your intake.That is why to handle the stability of the glycemia, at least the four factors must be taken into account: insulin, carbohydrates, fats and proteins.There is also the exercise, hormonal and emotional factors.But since this would be endless to start driving the first four gives you for a lifetime.I encourage, as my endocrine said the first one that I had "I have never met a silly diabetic", so you have to spr.

My mother BFF, my nurse only tells me to tell the carbohydrates, what a disaster.I usually eat enough protein, now I understand many things too ...

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
03/17/2022 6:36 p.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

@Estefaniabc32 Yes, if those tell all nurses and endocrine .... Then you realize that everything needs insulin to a greater or lesser extent.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/17/2022 8:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

uma said:
meginer said:
uma said:
uma said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:

Link

So I have observed the FIASP covers the time in which the hydrates and carbohydrates are metabolized, but it does not cover that of fats and proteins that happens as you know from four hours.For that, the novorapid who has a longer action timeIt is more appropriate.Try to see if putting a novorapid to dinner covers you part of the night.I have ever done it, just at night and I have achieved acceptable levels, carefully so as not to lower too much.

And Humalog?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/17/2022 11:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for your help.Since I use Lantus again, my glycemia has improved a lot.I ever have to correct myself at dawn, but I think it's due to dinner, but I get up with good values ​​and I am more stable during the day.With Tresiba it didn't matter if the blood glucose shot me ... at all hours a day.Let's see if I find out more about proteins, I think it would be essential for me to dominate this because perhaps it is what sometimes makes me put at 200 between food and food because the HC weight and calculate very well always ...In the end.There are many worse things really but BFF Diabetes is complicated and the worst are the secondary complications that arise ... I notice it a lot in the stomach and in the cramps, I am taking pills to help the nerves of the stomach but I do not feelThat they help me a lot, everything depends on how I have the sugar levels so that they work me or not, so I want to get it to Rajatabla because in a way you lose a little quality of life ... I do not know if someone else happens to himThis stomach ... anyway.
Thank you so much!

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
03/18/2022 6:50 a.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

meginer said:
uma said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:

Link

So I have observed the FIASP covers the time in which the hydrates and carbohydrates are metabolized, but it does not cover that of fats and proteins that happens as you know from four hours.For that the novorapidThat has a longer action time is more appropriate.Try to see if putting a novorapid to dinner covers you part of the night.I have ever done it, just at night and I have achieved acceptable levels, carefully so as not to lower too much.

And Humalog?

I do not know it, if you have a radius of action similar to novorapid, it could be worth and if it is longer possibly better, these insulins that previously called semilentas or something like that

uma's profile photo
uma
03/18/2022 10:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

And Humalog?

I do not know it, if you have a radius of action similar to novorapid, it could be worth and if it is longer possibly better, these insulins that previously called semilentas or something like that

I transcribe an article on the effect of hydrates, fats and proteins in glucose, which seems illustrative and although it does not deepen too much, it simply relieves all this we have spoken:

Link

"Effect of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in glucose
What is the effect of fats and proteins and why?
Food with more than 40grams of fat (1)
Food with more than 35 grams of protein (1)
What situations can it happen?
Recommendations
Has it happened to you that you eat a saucer and make carbohydrates count almost perfectly and by measuring postprandial glucose (glucose levels 2 to 3 hours after the start of food) you get the surprise of hyperglycemia?So, it is time for you to start analyzing the fat and protein content of your dishes.

Foods are mainly composed of 3 nutrients that provide energy: carbohydrates, fats and proteins;Foods also contain vitamins, minerals and water that do not provide energy, but are essential for the body.

During digestion, carbohydrates containing foods become glucose and have a direct effect on blood glucose levels;However, although fats and proteins do not become glucose, in certain situations, quantities or in certain combinations they have an important effect on blood glucose levels and can cause late hyperglycemia for 3 to 6 hours or more afterFood consumption, it is necessary to make the right decisions in these situations to maintain glucose levels within normal ranges.

Effect of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in glucose
In 2015, some researchers from the University of Sydney in Australia and the diabetes center of Joslin de Boston (1), among others, indicated that the combination of carbohydrates, with a certain proportion of fats and proteins, increases insulin requirements and canCause late hyperglycemia.

What does this mean?

In general, the amount of insulin of the bolus is determined in each meal based on the amount of carbohydrates (carbohydrate counting) that will be consumed with the purpose of maintaining glucose levels within normal, and this worksWhen the dishes contain adequate proportions of fat and protein.

What is the effect of fats and proteins and why?
The same amount of carbohydrates can have a different effect on glucose causing delayed hyperglycemia at 3 hours after food and can last 5 to 6 hours or more in the following situations:

When the content of the food is greater than 40 g of fat.
When 35 grams of protein and at least 30 grams of carbohydrates are included in a meal.
When proteins are consumed in the absence of carbos, glucose levels are only modified when protein consumption is greater than 75 grams in a meal.
Assuming the above this is the effect of the 3 nutrients on glucose levels:

Effect on glucose Why?
Carbohydrates When you start eating the effect of carbohydrates in glucose it is immediate, blood glucose has a 1 or 1.5 hours later peak and 2 or 3 hours later glucose values ​​tend to be more stable.Carbohydrates become glucose during digestion and is directly absorbed into the blood.Glucose increase is proportional to the amount of carbos that are consumed.
Fats glucose levels decrease by 2First hours, glucose begins to rise 3 hours after food and cause delayed hyperglycemia that can last 5 to 6 hours or more.Fats retard digestion and prolongs the time in which glucose from carbohydrates is absorbed
Proteins Protein has different effects when consumed with or without carbohydrates.They can cause delayed hyperglycemia by 3 to 6 hours after having eaten.Proteins increases glucagon secretion (hormone responsible for producing and sending sugar to the blood)
Effect of fats and proteins on glucose

The researchers (1) explained that the impact on glucose 3 hours after having eaten carbohydrates in combination of 35 g of fat and/or 40 g of protein, is equivalent to that resulting from the consumption of 20 g of carbohydrates without insulin without insulin.

Fat causes digestion to be slower, delaying the time in which the glucose obtained from the digestion of carbohydrates passes from the intestine to the blood, after eating carbohydrates in combination with more than 40 grams of fat the first 2 hoursGlucose tends to go down, then glucose begins to rise at 3 hours after having eaten causing late hyperglycemia that can last 5 to 6 hours or more.

Ultra fast insulin is active 3 to 4 hours after having applied it, so, at the time the glucose begins to rise, there is no longer active insulin to maintain the glucose of the blood within normal ranges, beforeThis situation researchers (1) established the following recommendations:

Food with more than 40grams of fat (1)
Recommendation (1) Practical example (consult your doctor)
Step 1 Increase 30 to 35% the total insulin dose Example: If 5 ultra -shaped insulin units were calculated based on carbohydrate counting.Increase 35% is equivalent to a total of 7 units of insulin (5 IU * 1.35 = 7 IU)
Step 2 Apply 50% of the dose when starting food apply 3.5 insulin units before starting food
Step 3 Apply the remaining 50% 2 to 2.5 hours after having started food.
Step 4 rectify glucose values ​​4 to 5 hours after having eaten.Measure the glucose 4 to 4.5 hours after having started eating and in case the hyperglycemia persists Perform the relevant corrections, as indications of the doctor to correct the glucose
Note: These recommendations should be individualized to each person based on many variables such as age, gender, physical activity.Ask for advice on the subject with your doctor, nutritionist and/or diabetes educator.

Food with more than 35 grams of protein (1)
* According to these authors, these recommendations only apply when the protein is consumed in combination with a minimum of 30 grams of carbohydrates, since below this amount the protein has no effect on glucose

Recommendation (1) Practical example (consult your doctor)
Step 1 Increase the total insulin dose 15 to 20% if 5 ultra -shaped insulin units were calculated depending on the carbohydrate counting increase 20% is equivalent to a total of 6 insulin units (3 IU * 1.35 = 6 IU)
Step 2 Apply 100% of the dose when starting food apply 6 insulin units before starting food
Step 3 Measure the glucose 2 hours after having eaten and if necessary to make the necessary corrections to keep the glucose inside range, measure glucose 2 hours after having started eating and in case the hyperglycemia persists Perform correctionsrelevant, according to the doctor's instructions to correct glucose
Step 4 rectify the values ​​ofglucose 4 to 5 hours after having eaten.Measure glucose 4 to 5 hours after having started eating and in case the hyperglycemia persists Perform the relevant corrections, according to the doctor's instructions to correct the glucose
Note: These recommendations should be individualized to each person based on many variables such as age, gender, physical activity.Ask for advice on the subject with your doctor, nutritionist and/or diabetes educator.

What situations can it happen?
You must take into account that there are many situation in which you can face food in which it will be difficult to calculate the amount of carbohydrates, fats and proteins they contain, such as: for example:

When we eat away from home, either for work, the school or social events it is difficult to calculate the amount of fat that may include food and/or dishes since they can contain high grease ingredients and it is difficult to know the amount of fat with theThey were prepared.
Some foods that can contain fat in their ingredients such as: desserts, pastes prepared with sauce, French potatoes, cookies, sausages, fried dishes, cheeses, precooked foods packaged, pizza.
The combination of different dishes in which each one contains a certain amount of fat, such as holidays or social events.
Recommendations
Follow a healthy eating plan with proper consumption of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.The basis of healthy eating is the consumption of fresh and natural foods and healthy dishes prepared at home.This will help you more easily calculate the amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
Fat and protein have an effect on glucose and can cause late hyperglycemia, the best tool to control glucose levels is constant monitoring and decision -making previously suggested and accepted by your doctor or educator in diabetes.
Do not forget to improve your skills to perform and calculate carbohydrate counting, since you can more easily evaluate the effect of fats and protein of different dishes and foods that you consume regularly and so you can rely on your doctor to make better decisions andAchieve your goals.
Whenever you do not know howglucose is of normal values ​​and do not forget to consult these situations with your doctor to receive better advice.
Kirstine J. Bell, Carmel E. Smart.Impact of Fat, Protein, and Glycemic Index on Postprandial Glucose Control in Type 1 Diabetes: Implications for Intensive Diabetes Management in the Continuous Glucose Monitoring Era.Diabetes Care Jun 2015, 38 (6) 1008-1015;DOI: 10.2337/DC15-0100
Author: Lizette Gutierrez Arenas.Nutriology and educator in diabetes, master in epidemiology and health administration.Member of the Social Diabetes Writing Team. "

But like everything, this must be verified in oneself, test and error, it is the only method.

uma's profile photo
uma
03/18/2022 10:24 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

estefaniabc32 said:
Thank you all for your help.Since I use Lantus again, my glycemia has improved a lot.I ever have to correct myself at dawn, but I think it's due to dinner, but I get up with good values ​​and I am more stable during the day.With Tresiba it didn't matter if the blood glucose shot me ... at all hours a day.Let's see if I find out more about proteins, I think it would be essential for me to dominate this because perhaps it is what sometimes makes me put at 200 between food and food because the HC weight and calculate very well always ...In the end.There are many worse things really but BFF Diabetes is complicated and the worst are the secondary complications that arise ... I notice it a lot in the stomach and in the cramps, I am taking pills to help the nerves of the stomach but I do not feelThat they help me a lot, everything depends on how I have the sugar levels so that they work me or not, so I want to get it to Rajatabla because in a way you lose a little quality of life ... I do not know if someone else happens to himThis stomach ... anyway.
Thank you very much!

As keywords for you to have info, look for "gluconeogenesis" and "ugp" @serafinmurillo on Instagram has very good infographic about it.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/18/2022 7:49 p.m.

If something is not going well, the solution is to return to what works, many times doctors give guidelines in a generic way without taking into account that each body is different, there may be people who happen the same but vice versa, who have gone wrongWith Lantus and when they are regulated, they are regulated, of course my experience with Lantus is good.Consult with the endocrine, but this is to try and try until you give your proper routine and control.Back to Lantus is what I see that it can regulate you ... because if the diet along with sport and rations with slow you get along.The failure is in the three -one not in you.
Greetings I hope you are already controlled

Jesusvs's profile photo
Jesusvs
03/20/2022 10:54 a.m.

Good, in my case I spent a quite uncontrolled week after Lamtus to Tresiba, but after those days, the improvement has been quite remarkable, less nocturnal hypos, some more control, although I have ended up clicking on the same as Lamtus, Lamtus,Without 20% less.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/10/2022 6:30 p.m.

I use Abasaglar, 12ud and I do very well.They uploaded it to me, I don't know why and I gave me hypos at dawn, I contacted my educator and told me to try 13 and if not with 12, and 12 are the exact ones so that it does not happen to me ... that did come upA little ratio at noon from Novorapid.I don't know what they are based to give some brands and others ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/11/2022 10:52 a.m.

_ tacker _ said:
goodof control, although I have ended up clicking the same as Lamtus, without 20% less.

And why desperate?

marine's profile photo
marine
07/11/2022 3:04 p.m.

marine said:
_ tacker _ said:

And why desperate?

Because with Lantus I knew that I was going to have a hypo the day that he did not eat carbohydrates and was cautious, but with threeiba at the beginning he had hyperglycemia without eating carbohydrates or anything sweet and after a while he hits that eight days, later they have been some hip or hyper butVery scarce.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/04/2022 4:46 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon, I am an eladium and I debuted today in the Diabetes Forum.Fiasp and I am worse, I have since June the freestyle sensor, I am not obsessed but every night the high glucose alarm sounds, I am unable to control the night glucose between 2-4 a.m., I follow a very balanced diet, sport 5 daysper week, on the way ..., the three -year seems to me a very flat insulin that stabilizes me anything, years before another endocrine prescribed my lantus and the same, it seemed as if I put water, it changed me to let me less and it was much better.

With respect to the "super fast fiasp", so my endocrine calls it, it happens to me that if I am short, it goes down much more, to avoid those hypoglycemia what I do is that in half food, I skew it and I am resisting, instead if I am high or very high, the FIASP begins to take effect at 6-7 hours since I shed it, not at 10 minutes or at the highest peak of insulin action, about 3 h, according toendocrine.

I have commented to my endocrine that neither Tresiba nor Fiasp do not go to me, previously along with slow levemrThen I did not have the sensor and did not see these tremendous nocturnal hyperglycems that I did not detect, except when I made a hair test on my fingers.

There are days that is desperate, I don't know how to control these elevations that I tell you.During the day I am generally quite well, that if without taking anything, neither mid -morning nor mid -afternoon, if as something I shoot me with glucose, even exercising some days my glucose curve (a saw) shoots.I have very little hypoglycemia.

In your comments you also talk about Tougeo and Novorapid insulins, I did not know them.With them you have with better controls than with threeiba and fiasp?

Comment when you can.
Thank you
greetings

Eladio's profile photo
Eladio
02/28/2023 7:26 p.m.

Hi @eladio
Welcome to the forum !!!
I read you and I see that you have years of diabetes.
I tell you my experience
Use Lantus during the debut and it went well but of course with the honeymoon there are no problems.Then let's let me go well for me too but you had to put a refuetzo at 12 nola because I didn't cover all day.
Tell you that these basal ones have a little pronounced action at 4 hour, so 3-3: 30am dinner fats cover them.

I got dual prick and asked Toujeo change, which is the one I use.Superplana, covers 24 hours but my fat dinners do not absorb them as flat that is the action.(I rectified early, about 3:30)

Novorapid is the one I always used, although I tried Fiasp (CO), I was just as slow -time action and did not reach 2 hours while Novorapid are a 2.5h, so I had to always rectify slow digestions.

My controls are good, I make low diet in hydrates and lately fasting 3 days.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/28/2023 7:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Eladio: Welcome to the forum.What you say about the insulin Fiasp, which begins to lower glycemia at 6 or 7 hours to have put it on, it is not possible because the effect of the FIASP lasts about two or three hours.Among meals, the insulin that keeps you "flat" is the slow one, in your case, Tresiba.By the way, with what values ​​do you get up?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
02/28/2023 7:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Hi @ruthbia Good afternoon, thank you very much for your comments and help.

Look, I punctured the Levemir at night before bedtime, to reach me all day what Lispro was put at breakfast and the 50: 50 mixtures at food and dinner, days that I exercise (5-6/week) I put 70:30, that told me the endocrine and it didn't go wrong.

Ufff with Tougeo and Novorapid also have to rectify at dawn, using the mixtures I do not know if they would avoid these rectified and glycemic elevations.

In general, except night hyperglycemia my controls are acceptable not eating many carbohydrates either

Eladio's profile photo
Eladio
02/28/2023 8:25 p.m.

Hello @ricki21 good afternoon, thank you very much for your comments and help

If you look, the endocrine tells me that Fiasp has its maximum effect between 2-3 hours, then the curve lows with a minimum effect until 6-7 hours, with which the slow three should stabilize me much more and but to maintain flat,If avoiding that glucose picas that pass me, I don't know, I am making adjustments to see if I find the adequate key and insulin, in my case I do not see it very clear.

Look today I got up with 125, yesterday with 299, last Friday 168, Thursday 211, 98 ..., what I told you, a mountain

Eladio's profile photo
Eladio
02/28/2023 8:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.