{'en': 'I am desperate with threeiba !!', 'es': 'Estoy desesperada con Tresiba!!'} Image

I am desperate with threeiba !!

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo   03/14/2022 7:15 p.m.

Hi guys.

I need some advice because I am desperate 😓

Since I changed the Lantus to Tresiba I have a horrible lack of control, I have tried to put it in the morning, at night and nothing ... up dose and nothing too .. I have the sugar all day through the clouds.

At night I go to bed for example at 80 and I wake up at 300 and it doesn't matter if it corrects me quickly at dawn that I wake up like that ...

During the same day, I get quickly more than 4 times a day to be correcting me and that weigh all the portions and I have a very controlled diet, I do sports ... I no longer know what to do.

Raising myself like this already affects me throughout the day, they stop working my stomach muscles, I have cramps and blurred view and I want to ask the doctor urgent to change my insulin again.

I have a Pen of Lantus yet and I don't know if tonight trying to put it again because really that lack of control affects me a lot at the physical and emotional level ...

Does this lack of control with Tresiba too?

What advice can you give me?

Thank you very much 🙏

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
03/14/2022 7:15 p.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

@Estefaniabc32, my daughter didn't just adapt to Tresiba and returned to Lantus.The first day of change was put some units less, the second day, the normal dose already.
But consult your doctor to make the change.
Stay with the most tranquility.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2022 7:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@estefaniabc32, my daughter didn't just adapt to threeiba and returned to Lantus.The first day of change was put some units less, on the second day the normal dose already.
But consult your doctor to make the change.
Stay with the most tranquility.

Thank you very much regina🙏🙏 this is desperate.

EstefaniaBC32
03/14/2022 7:30 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

@Estefaniabc32, do not wait any longer, maybe with a phone call with your doctor you solve it.When an insulin does not go, it goes back to you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2022 7:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I left Lantus because after many years with her, I started with very severe hypos at night, so there were no sensors with alarms and I had very fat scares with what I don't want to hear or talk about it.Now I am with Tresiba and I had to go down to Lantus, it is true that it is difficult to adapt to you PQ is so flat that with nothing that you spend in the food, the postprandial goes away, it is going well for a low food in hydrates.
To me for the day, at night, I get up, if the divide (in theory you should not divide but I know of many people who do it and do well) the climb is lower but go up, I think that the peak is togetherof proteins with hormonal effects and with the morning effect of the morning.If I do not divide it, I can climb to 200, if the divide, to 150 in the morning, that is high ero not so much, there I am, trying to see ...
The same, you lack slowly, to know, one day (only one day), do not cines, and you put the insulin, if you go to bed at an hour and you get up similar to how you lying down, that's your dose, if you get uphigher, is that you are slow.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/14/2022 10:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

meginer said:
I left lantus because after many years with her, I started with very severe hypos at night, so there were no sensors with alarms and I had very fat scares with what I don't want to hearNot to mention her.Now I am with Tresiba and I had to go down to Lantus, it is true that it is difficult to adapt to you PQ is so flat that with nothing that you spend in the food, the postprandial goes away, it is going well for a low food in hydrates.
To me for the day, at night, I get up, if the divide (in theory you should not divide but I know of many people who do it and do well) the climb is lower but go up, I think that the peak is togetherof proteins with hormonal effects and with the morning effect of the morning.If I do not divide it, I can climb to 200, if the divide, to 150 in the morning, that is high ero not so much, there I am, trying to see ...
The same, you lack slowly, to know, one day (only one day), do not cines, and you put the insulin, if you go to bed at an hour and you get up similar to how you lying down, that's your dose, if you get uphigher, it's that you are slow.

I am in 30 uds of Tresiba already and it seems excessive.I take a diet very much to Rajataba and it is not normal.Today I have injected myself about 7 times fast insulin in meals and during the day to correct, madness.Yesterday I went to the sugar at 100, at dawn I woke up at 250 I put a rapid 3uds that marked the bowl calculator and I woke up at 340. Now at dinner, after having punctured me 3 times fast during the afternoon, I wasA 384. Tresiba's step, I've been with her for a month and I'm getting worse.

EstefaniaBC32
03/14/2022 10:53 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

The changes are expensive.I from Lantus to Levemir and from there to Toujeo.1 month to find the dose.It was crazy.
Have you proven the hormones?Look at whether the highest peaks coincide with ovulation and menstruation, those days there is no possible control.
Have you changed the needles?They give me 6mm now and I have to quickly rectify 4-5 times a day, insulin does not reach me.I doubt that the slow one enters me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/15/2022 12:37 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
changes are expensive.I from Lantus to Levemir and from there to Toujeo.1 month to find the dose.It was crazy.
Have you proven the hormones?Look at whether the highest peaks coincide with ovulation and menstruation, those days there is no possible control.
Have you changed the needles?They give me 6mm now and I have to quickly rectify 4-5 times a day, insulin does not reach me.I doubt that the slow one enters me.

I changed the needles from 8 to 4. And as for the menstruation that is another ... since I put the first covid vaccine (I have two), it does not come to me, 3 and a half have passed already ... 😵
I did not know that the needles influenced so much ... I have changed doctors also because I have come to Menorca to live and the first thing they did, was to spend Lantus in the morning and change my needles.

EstefaniaBC32
03/15/2022 4:27 a.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

estefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
the changes are expensive.I from Lantus to Levemir and from there to Toujeo.1 month to find the dose.It was crazy.

I changed the needles from 8 to 4. And as for the menstruation that is another ... since I put the first covid vaccine (I have two), it does not come to me, 3 and a half have passed already ... 😵
I did not know that the needles influenced so much ... I have changed doctors also because I have come to Menorca to live and the first thing they did, was to spend Lantus in the morning and change my needles.

The theme of needles depends.I went from 8 mm to 5 and I have not noticed changes (well, it hurts less).
I have not used threeiba but of everything I have read here, which is a lot, you are not the first with problems.It gives me the feeling that you are doing very well or you are doing very badly, there is no middle ground.
If you were doing well with Lantus, I don't know why they changed you.I use Abasaglar, who say it is the worst thing there is but I do very well and I do not change.
Talk to your endocrine.Your situation is a stress.
If you return to Lantus with the new needles and you are doing well, they are not the needles.
But whatever you have to solve it.Good luck.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/15/2022 7:48 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
estefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
the changes are expensive.I from Lantus to Levemir and from there to Toujeo.1 month to find the dose.It was crazy.

The theme of needles depends.I went from 8 mm to 5 and I have not noticed changes (well, it hurts less).
I have not used threeiba but of everything I have read here, which is a lot, you are not the first with problems.It gives me the feeling that you are doing very well or you are doing very badly, there is no middle ground.
If you were doing well with Lantus, I don't know why they changed you.I use Abasaglar, who say it is the worst thing there is but I do very well and I do not change.
Talk to your endocrine.Your situation is a stress.
If you return to Lantus with the new needles and you are doing well, they are not the needles.
But whatever you have to solve it.Good luck.

Thank you very much 🙂 SIX NIGHT Use Lantus and my fasting sugar at 135. Nothing to do with the 340 with threeba bff lift myself well out of the stomach and everything.I don't understand why they changed me but well, we should also be able to choose what comes better to us, in the end it is we who know our body more.
Thanks for the answers

EstefaniaBC32
03/15/2022 7:53 a.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

estefaniabc32 said:
meginer said:
I left lantus because after enough years with her, I started with very severe hypos at night, then there were no sensorsWith alarms and I had very fat scares with what I don't want to hear or talk about it.Now I am with Tresiba and I had to go down to Lantus, it is true that it is difficult to adapt to you PQ is so flat that with nothing that you spend in the food, the postprandial goes away, it is going well for a low food in hydrates.
The same, you lack slowly, to know, one day (only one day), do not cines, and you put the insulin, if you go to bed at an hour and you get up similar to how you lying down, that's your dose, if you get uphigher, it's that you are slow.

I am in 30 uds of Tresiba already and it seems excessive.I take a diet very much to Rajataba and it is not normal.Today I have injected myself about 7 times fast insulin in meals and during the day to correct, madness.Yesterday I went to the sugar at 100, at dawn I woke up at 250 I put a rapid 3uds that marked the bowl calculator and I woke up at 340. Now at dinner, after having punctured me 3 times fast during the afternoon, I wasA 384. Tresiba's step, I've been with her for a month and I'm getting worse.

What did you dinner at night? What fast insulin do you use? What time do you have?How long are you having diabetes?They can influence many things

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/15/2022 12:58 p.m.

Encourage what I am getting up a lot at dawn.That specific night I had a tongue with capers and two biscotte 1r of hydrates in total.It is not normal for dawn to 340 the next day and with correction at dawn of 3 units.
This night I use Lantus again and I have dawned much better ... I don't want to know anything about threeba bff and because of what I see I have not been the only one with problems with this insulin 🤔

EstefaniaBC32
03/15/2022 1:36 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

Good, I have not come to use Lantus but the people I know that their feedback has used it is that it is "more powerful" than Tresiba.

Tresiba is very flat and makes not adjusting the dose well elevates you to 250 easy, the fast barely take effect and even when it is adjusted to eat the least makes it rise ...

In favor?It is very flat and stable and for sport respects the hypos quite a lot.

In the end it is about using what goes best, but what I can tell you @estefaniabc32 is that 30ui or 50ui .. In the end you will have to use the amount you need ... Do not think that because you are doing more you are doing worse.. just use the one that needs your body.

Greetings!

marine's profile photo
marine
03/15/2022 3:53 p.m.

The lantus was fatal, I punctured it as a 24 h insulin or does not reach 10 h its action and it reached the night before dinner at 290-350 it was a fudge for me but with threeiba it keeps me in the afternoonat bay and not 100-150 pass with clear exceptions

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
03/16/2022 12:24 p.m.

rogerix said:
to me the lantus was fatal, I punctured it as an insulin of 24 h or does not reach its action at 10 h and reached the night before dinner at 290-350It was a fudge for me but with Tresiba it keeps me in the afternoon at bay and does not pass 100-150 with clear exceptions

BFF Each person is a world.To my Tresiba I am high all day, incredible, and on an empty stomach, it does not matter if it corrects me at dawn that goes up the same ...

EstefaniaBC32
03/16/2022 1:23 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

estefaniabc32 said:
rogerix said:
to me the lantus was fatal, I punctured it as a 24 h insulin or does not reach 10 h yourAction and it arrived at night before dinner at 290-350 was a fudge for me but with threeiba keeps me in the afternoon at bay and not passing 100-150 with clear exceptions

BFF Each person is a world.To my three, I am high all day, incredible, and on an empty stomach, it does not matter if it corrects me at dawn that goes up the same ...

>

During the day, my problem is the night that I climb and dawn, and dawn, we already know that we have to start correcting and we start the regular day.
Sometimes I think about returning to Toujeo in case I do well now, I have two whole boxes of Tresiba but ... I don't know ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/16/2022 3:56 p.m.

estefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:

It seems that the ideal zone for the absorption of insulin is found just below the upper layer of the epidermis that has a thickness between 1.25 and 3.25 mm and this is for everyone, it has nothing to do withThe adipose tissue that is below, so the 4 mm needles meet their goal perfectly and have many advantages since they are practically painless, there is less risk of lipodistropia and that the puncture is intramuscular.Below I leave a link to an article that explains it.

As for the Tresiba, it cost me enough to take the dynamics, and as soon as it does not piss with the amount of fast, you eat something more of the account or the exercise time varies the matter.You have to be very attentive to any change and as the three -year rise or decline cannot be done lightly since it takes about 48 hours to notice the first effects of change, because you can go a bit crazy.But you have to learn to wait to see results, because the learning process and its automation is not easy.The advantage that I have found is that I have greatly diminished the nocturnal hypoglycemia, I do not have, getting up with glycemia almost the same as I go to bed in a continuous flat line and getting that was very important in my case.I had to change the novorapid to Fiasp because I began to need much faster action, and I can not spend a fat or protein because then I have a climb once the effect of Fiasp has passed, that the Tresiba fails to overcome when it isso flat and I have to rectify.In short, the whole system must be adapted almost from scratch and each will have to do with it or not.

Link

uma's profile photo
uma
03/17/2022 4:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

uma said:
estefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:

It seems that the ideal zone for the absorption of insulin is found just below the upper layer of the epidermis that has a thickness between 1.25 and 3.25 mm and this is for everyone, it has nothing to do withThe adipose tissue that is below, so the 4 mm needles meet their goal perfectly and have many advantages since they are practically painless, there is less risk of lipodistropia and that the puncture is intramuscular.Below I leave a link to an article that explains it.

As for the Tresiba, it cost me enough to take the dynamics, and as soon as it does not piss with the amount of fast, you eat something more of the account or the exercise time varies the matter.You have to be very attentive to any change and as the three -year rise or decline cannot be done lightly since it takes about 48 hours to notice the first effects of change, because you can go a bit crazy.But you have to learn to wait to see results, because the learning process and its automation is not easy.The advantage that I have found is that I have greatly diminished the nocturnal hypoglycemia, I do not have, getting up with glycemia almost the same as I go to bed in a continuous flat line and getting that was very important in my case.I had to change the novorapid to Fiasp because I began to need much faster action, and I can not spend a fat or protein because then I have a climb once the effect of Fiasp has passed, that the Tresiba fails to overcome when it isso flat and I have to rectify.In short, the whole system must be adapted almost from scratch and each will have to do with it or not.

Link

How good you have explained about Tresiba, it is just what happens to me, except that I am not flat all night, that is my problem.I can go to bed 70 and get up quietly at 200 and it is not for lack of slow pq for the day I am super stable.Start up at three or four in the morning are knowing why, and is getting up more and more.I also get fiasp because I am doing very well for the rest of the day, the action is fast and I do well, but I do not know if at night I may do better another insulin less.Quick and that I do a low diet in HC, not as fat but if more protein, at night I try to eat less protein to avoid that climb but do not get it, go up less but go up.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/17/2022 4:48 p.m.

meginer said:
uma said:
stefaniabc32 said:
stefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
The changes are expensive.I from Lantus to Levemir and from there to Toujeo.1 month to find the dose.It was crazy.

Link

How good you have explained about Tresiba, it is just what happens to me, except that I am not flat all night, that is my problem.I can go to bed 70 and get up quietly at 200 and it is not for lack of slow pq for the day I am super stable.Start up at three or four in the morning are knowing why, and is getting up more and more.I also get fiasp because I am doing very well for the rest of the day, the action is fast and I do well, but I do not know if at night I may do better another insulin less.Quick and that I do a low diet in HC, not as fat but more protein, at night I try to eat less protein to avoid that climb but do not get it, go up less but go up.

Forgive, but how do proteins up glycemia?I didn't know that, it seems that I am new in this ...

EstefaniaBC32
03/17/2022 5:27 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

@uma The epidermis layer depends on each person.I have hard skin (the nurse who put me the first covid vaccine made me a sausage because the needle did not enter) and the very thick layer, yesterday they made a shoulder echo on another subject and I asked the laboratory technicianand to the doctor who entered later.

Yesterday I found myself in one of my 8mm needles and comparison bags, the 6mm do not work for me, novorapid does not act and with those of 8mm yes.I have made an order of 8mm since they do not distribute them in the SS.
With any needle you get a bleeding if the capillaries are very superficial or you have them weak.It doesn't matter the length.When I debuted they gave me 4mm needles and I was full of bruises.

@Estefaniabc32 There is a rule out there to calculate the fat/protein unit, but approximately 30% becomes a cargo;There are people who do not have to calculate insulin for this unit and others, it is my case, which rises the same as the hydrates at 4 hours approximately.You have to get to know very well to know how much "late" attorney it absorbs you basal insulin so as not to replenish fast insulin.With flat insulins (Toujeo and Tresiba) it is very difficult to regulate the excesses, in the end I end up putting more novorapid.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/17/2022 5:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.