{'en': 'I am desperate for my son.How are the advances, please?', 'es': 'Estoy desesperado por mi hijo. ¿Cómo van los avances, por favor?'} Image

I am desperate for my son.How are the advances, please?

Lowcarb's profile photo   08/21/2022 5:56 p.m.

Life expectancy?For me it means anything, right now I go on the road (from co -driver) and I can have an accident and what would I have affected the diabetes?
The same for the carcinoma that they took me 15 days ago, if it had extended to the main organs, what is the use of living 10 years for diabetes?

When debuting, the endocrine told me that my biggest problem would be my profession for precision, continuous control and the search for solutions.The same thing happens to you.You have to live the present, everything else will be seen.It is to sell in the eyes without having the wound.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/01/2022 8 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Lowcarb
You talk about life expectancy and you have lost hope ...
So we are going wrong.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/01/2022 10:26 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Stop looking for articles on the Internet and live the life that is going before your eyes.Greetings and luck.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/02/2022 1:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Of course male, worry about the present and live, that we never know what we are going to live .. greetings

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
09/02/2022 7:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lowcarb Life expectancy is just an average, there will be type 1 diabetics that do not take care of anything and suffer problems and premature death but taking care of this is not so.And many people without diabetes live up to 80 or 90 but with a quality of life that is sorry and that is not living.You just have to go to an elderly residence and see the panorama, I do not want to live until the 80s. The important thing is to live in good condition as much as possible and enjoy it.I do not say what they want and go from the disease, I take great care but I also enjoy.For me to eat a rich salad with a chop is enjoy, I do not need a candy every day.It is something that harms me and I prefer to eliminate from my life to the fullest and if one day I like you also enjoy it without blame.The punctures and being aware of diabetes is a roll but like other things in life, I do not get up at 6 in the morning for pleasure, it is because I have to work to be able to live and still I do not see it as a slabThat bitter life is just something else I have to do.Everything in life depends on how you take it.
He looks for the story of DR Berstein, is type 1 diabetic since the age of 12 and is now 85 years old and continues to work as a doctor attending to diabetics, exercises strength (you just have to see him, it's all muscle), he has no problem.And lived the era of the needles that had to be boiled, without glucose meters, etc.But at a time since he began to have complications he turned his life and regained his health and decided to study medicine to help other diabetics.He continues to give monthly televisionses on YouTube, has written a book that is most complete in diabetes and has a health that many non -diabetics already wanted with 20 years less than him.

You can't look only at the negative of things, having diabetes is shit, we will not deny it, but it is not something that has to ruin your life if you take it well.Many have even taken us along the way of good habits as without diabetes we would never have taken and with 65 we would be worse than we will be with diabetes.
In my case I have taken a pregnancy with glycosiladas of 4.9 -5% without increases above 150 more than some told, the majority of non -diabetic if the glucose would be looked at would be much worse considering how much the shit that the majority usually eatof the people.With diabetes I have had to strive but I have achieved a better control than if I had never had to worry about my diet and that will have benefited my son a lot.I do not see diabetes in my life as something negative, it is simply something else with what I have to deal with days to day and it has also brought me a lot of learning that has made my life improve.Of course, if I could eliminate it from my life, but if they give me to choose between continuing with diabetes as I am now or without it losing everything I have learned thanks to it I probably remain because it would be a very different person without it andRight now I like how I am and where my life is going.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/02/2022 8:26 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Lowcarb.There is a documentary entitled "The Human Trail" that speaks of the latest advances in diabetes 1. I have not seen it because it is in English and I do not dominate that language.Maybe you should look at it.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/02/2022 7:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

lowcarb said:
@ruthbia, @nigiri, @regina, thanks to all for the aid.
There is no rest with this disease.
After 8 months of diagnosis, I suppose it is still normal to have depression and cry (anxiety I don't have, luckily).I guess I love my son very much and I can't take it out of my head.You can also want to control it every moment myself and I have touched back myself.

I have heard that there are parents of diabetics of all kinds, some overprotectors (such as my case), others are more passage and even listened to a case of a family with 6 or 8 -year -old diabetic child who made himself calculate the rations of HCIn food because they were overwhelmed or did not understand the disease very well ... This is very strong and serious, although I can almost understand them because they will surely feel saturated, which will not happen to me, I prefer to live what I have left of life cryingTo be so cruel to my son.

I thank you again, I feel very vulnerable, I hope to improve soon.
A kiss to all.

With diabetes you can lead an almost normal life and more now with the advances, (insulinas, sensors, pumps etc) there are famous Fudboll players with diabetes, presidents governments, great entrepreneurs, etc., the cure will take a long time to arrive butIf you adapt well you don't expect it and live normal

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/04/2022 1:52 p.m.

My diabetes despite the 39 years I live with with me is still very labile.
Not every day I give the same, what worked today ... neither looks like.However, now, for 5 years that I have a sensor always below 7 and allows me to continue seeing with some normality.I had a lot of worse with glycosylated out of rank and for now I still have no health problems, in any case those associated with age, which have not yet arrived.
In my opinion, I breathe, for a few weeks of readjustments from time to time, (yes it is a pu ****, but that you get it) is not a big problem.This is a background race, it is not a fight from second to second that this ends with anyone.
I change a lot of ratios and basal and still, here I am.
Much encouragement.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
09/04/2022 2:19 p.m.

lowcarb said:
this morning, like many others, I have woke up again because my 5 -year -old son has slept all night to 230 according to the sensor.The deferred puncture has not done anything tonight (others if .....).I wanted to write to you this morning but I haven't had strength.

My 5 -year -old son is going to have type 1 diabetes of 8 months ago and I have not yet overcome it yet.

I take pills for depression and do not finish doing well.I sink into the misery of thinking that your life can be diminished in terms of quality early, its social acceptance can be influenced by the fucking disease (the parents of their friends do not accept him to sleep in their homes, the birthday partiesThey are a pain and I don't have fun anymore, I feel it sometimes also worried and tells me that he does not want to be diabetic .... here I have to hide to cry because I can't ...)

Can any charitable soul update progress?

Every 5-10 days I put in Google "Cura Diabetes 1" or "Bioartificial Pancreas" and in search tools I put 1 month.

I see news and articles that talk about stem cell therapy, genetic therapy, encapsulated cell transplant ... it seems viable and feasible as they tell, and they say that the cure can arrive in 5 or 10 years ....

Only with this I am also crying and it is hard for me to go out and make normal life.At work sometimes I also have to hide to cry.

I do not understand very well at all these advances of mother and genetic cells that can give my life and my son.

Can anyone give me some hope about these new advances, please?

Thank you!

TO

ananamc's profile photo
ananamc
09/08/2022 3:34 a.m.

lowcarb said:
this morning, like many others, I have woke up again because my 5 -year -old son has slept all night to 230 according to the sensor.The deferred puncture has not done anything tonight (others if .....).I wanted to write to you this morning but I haven't had strength.

My 5 -year -old son is going to have type 1 diabetes of 8 months ago and I have not yet overcome it yet.

I take pills for depression and do not finish doing well.I sink into the misery of thinking that your life can be diminished in terms of quality early, its social acceptance can be influenced by the fucking disease (the parents of their friends do not accept him to sleep in their homes, the birthday partiesThey are a pain and I don't have fun anymore, I feel it sometimes also worried and tells me that he does not want to be diabetic .... here I have to hide to cry because I can't ...)

Can any charitable soul update progress?

Every 5-10 days I put in Google "Cura Diabetes 1" or "Bioartificial Pancreas" and in search tools I put 1 month.

I see news and articles that talk about stem cell therapy, genetic therapy, encapsulated cell transplant ... it seems viable and feasible as they tell, and they say that the cure can arrive in 5 or 10 years ....

Only with this I am also crying and it is hard for me to go out and make normal life.At work sometimes I also have to hide to cry.

I do not understand very well at all these advances of mother and genetic cells that can give my life and my son.

Can anyone give me some hope about these new advances, please?

Thank you!

Hello!Unfortunately I cannot give you information about new advances because everything is very uncertain ... but I can tell you a little my experience, I am 23 years old, I detected the diabetes when I was 13, I know that I cannot tell you about what it is to have a son of5 years with diabetes and how complicated it should be, but I can talk to you about my experience being a teenager and now young with diabetes.Just as at the beginning it is very complicated and as your child you can now be excluded in some situations, when all that will disappear.The most important thing is that he and you know that the life he is going to lead will be like that of any colleague of the school, but clicking his insulin.I would tell you that patience (and also send you a lot of mind) until I already have a little more age.It was also hard for me to adapt, especially when I saw that everyone ate things around me that I could not, I really sat badly and I went to my room to cry.Now I can give myself my whims, go out and drink some glasses, go to dinner, go to birthdays, trips etc.Of course I also have complicated moments in which I do not understand anything and I would also want to be diabetic, because it is completely normal, and more being so small that it will not end up understanding everything very well.
Much encouragement and that he does not notice you very overwhelmed with his own, when I saw my mother too worried I was very loaded to me too.
I hope this has helped you and that everything goes very well & lt; 3

ananamc's profile photo
ananamc
09/08/2022 3:40 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.