{'en': 'I am desperate for my son.How are the advances, please?', 'es': 'Estoy desesperado por mi hijo. ¿Cómo van los avances, por favor?'} Image

I am desperate for my son.How are the advances, please?

Lowcarb's profile photo   08/21/2022 5:56 p.m.

@Lowcarb, the Covid is an accident that very few have fought..You can take it anywhere.There are no faults.
I see that she has your daughter, my daughter has been with her too many years, she tried Tresiba, but did not understand her.

They have advised you Lantus, better than Toujeo?
My daughter puts you in the morning and finds it quite predictable, she already has it very dominated
But maybe Toujeo is more stable .. he will prove to see ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/30/2022 2:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Much encouragement, I don't want to tell you anything because I can't put myself in your place or your child's but I hope everything goes well, look at the short -term goals, is that even those of us who are not type 1 any thing unbrusts you,The hormones, the nerves ... Imagine your child who is little, so try to see day by day.He also thinks that he is lucky that his father is a doctor and even if only what you have studied, there are people who start without knowledge and their children go forward.So much encouragement and I hope that you also better feel guilty because there are things that are inevitable, that I do not tell you anything you don't know because you will have seen everything and more with diseases in your work.But well if you have to go to the psychologist do not leave it and help you and your child will learn.In addition, every day there are things that facilitate much and in the day to day people are also more sensitized, an example, you meet them in the choles, which no longer always let them take things, for example, not only by diabetics but also byAllergies, intolerances ... Try within what it can have a normal life.And I am going to tell you one thing, we also have the issue of food very internalized, that nothing happens to take cake or junk food and the truth is that more and more from many educational centers and many people are also more aware that those thoseThings are things to take sporadically, so even if your child was not diabetic, it is best to educate him in that, so do not worry about limiting his consumption a bit and doing it sporadically, many families do so today inday because we all have all more awareness of the feeding topic.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/30/2022 3:10 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@Lowcarb for encouraging you a little and if you didn't know, there are quite a few diabetics that are professional athletes among the best in the world.Think of how demanding it is a sport at a professional level, if they can carry diabetes and pay to that level your child will also be able to do what is proposed.In life, most of it is a matter of effort, some will cost more and others less reach the same point but you can almost always.And of course with diabetes you have thousands of examples of people who have achieved the objectives that have been set.
If you use Instagram I recommend some accounts that will help you a lot:
- @Donsacarino: which also has a website with a lot of information and also started oriented to the kids
- @la_Trabadelo: It is the best of Instagram in Diabetes, he has a personal history in which it also cost him a lot to accept his illness and sure he helps you see his videos

There are many more, but for now those two I think they could contribute a lot at the point where you are.They are very close people who answer if you write to them and worry a lot about others and always try to help.Surely it is good for you to start accounts of people with diabetes who share their experience.There are also many of mothers and fathers of children with diabetes who surely identify.Once you start following some you will find more and you will see that there are many people willing to listen and help you.

It is a disease that over time becomes more routine and easier to carry, but the first step is to accept it.Until you accept that this is your new reality you will not advance.Look for the help you need and a lot of encouragement.In the forum there are also incredible people who are always willing to help and solve doubts, give support ...

And the Covid thinks that we have all passed it and it was inevitable that you catch it at some point.Besides, that is just a trigger, if it had not been the Covid it would have been something else (another virus, a time of stress ...).Do not feel guilty because you could not do anything to avoid it, when the immune system reaches that point anything that stresses it can shoot the disease.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/31/2022 7:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Lowcarb do not think that the trigger has been you with the Covid.
Before there was no covid and the same debuted.In my case in 2015, in quarantine ... I who did not meet the pediatrician and had never gone to the doctor in 40 years.There was a flu and I debut by stress with urine infection.
As a child, all the epidemics passed, my brothers brought them home and there we were all with chickenpox, measles, paper, ... and my mother was one of those who worked, imagine the plan that the poor had.I also remember the lice in September, around vacation :);My brothers are healthy and it happens to me everything lately.

There are thousands of cases, the most important thing is acceptance.Do not look for a cure, seek which means will make your child's life easier.Now the sensors, but over time an insulin pump;There are several very advanced models that are practically independent.

Do not worry about high specific values, the changes are normal and more in children who are growing, moving, get sick ...

Low feeding in hydrates is important, but it is a child, a whim or a sporadically does not do it wrong and will normalize life with their friends;Insulin will allow us, with DM2 it is a bit more difficult.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/31/2022 8:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I was wrong of theme 😂

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/31/2022 9:44 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@Regina @nila @yessica_a @ruthbia
I know the toujeo a lot because we use it in poorly controlled DM2.It seems to have fast, although less powerful properties, and then keep about 12h soft, it would be like a mixed.I asked the pediatrician and told me that it was not for children, or for my specific son.
I don't care, I understand hummalog and control it quite at this point.The bad thing is that every 2 weeks I have to make changes for lack of control in the environment (the school, the weather, diseases, starts sports activities, I know, a thousand things) ends.When I see that it has been 3 days in a row with a bad control in a time strip, change dose and is fixed.
The Lantus is not doing badly if I am modifying the doses.That does not mean that there are no other better than I do not know.I will ask the pediatrician.

I have many things of the disease already integrated, but others not, for example:
- I am very sad to see him load with the fannyry every day.I try not to be noticed.
- I am very sorry and fear that it ends with complications for adulthood prematurely, glasses, wounds that do not heal, poor quality of life due to hyperglycemia or for trying to fast ...
- I am terrified that it would happen if one day we would go into war and there are difficulties in access to insulin or stop the investigation (if it is currently underway).Or that we lack, their parents.
- I am afraid that you do not have good grades and have to work older in a bad company, making shifts at night and passing stress, or truck driver.

For me, before the child was a person who began to become self -sufficientlyAlso), there is no rest, I am all day on the child for one thing or another, only at work disconnect from my son's diabetes (and sleeping, of course).
I suppose that in the next 5 years I will begin to trust him more and I can loosen a little.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
08/31/2022 10:30 a.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

@Lowcarb: Once I read a phrase that I always think when I am on a downturn "90% of the things that worry us will never happen"

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/31/2022 11:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@lowcarb: once I read a phrase that I always think when I am from low "90% of the things that worry us are never going to happen"

Totally, I also have it as a mantra and it is true, most of how negative we think never happens.
@Lowcarb
You have to think of the day to day, things that you consider tb would have me bitter as a diabetic, but it cannot be lived, thinking about the bad possible of tomorrow you miss the good true of today ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/31/2022 12:02 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The future is unpredictable.No one has bought it.
So much to think that we can have any complication for diabetes and then worse things can happen to us: cancer, work accidents, road accidents, etc. There are thousands of events.
You have to live the present and the most immediate future.
A 6 -year -old boy is not going to remember the debut and will normalize his life with diabetes.The problem is those who debut as adults, we do change our lives.There is a before and after.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/31/2022 8:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia Children even if they are young also remember, you are very marked but they integrate it very well in their life because they are still learning almost everything and they find it easier for a new routine.My sister remembers the time she was in the hospital and was only 3 years old.And I remember things before my sister's diagnosis and that I hardly remember anything when I was little.But I have marked some scenes such as when he got angry that the poor man became very rabid, then we did not understand what was happening but when I debuted I understood how I should be the horrible thirst that I had and that I realized super fast.My sister took a long time to give her a diagnosis.I also remember perfectly the day he returned home in the hospital, I have the scene recorded with enough details.And she remembers even other children who were admitted to her, of the toys that were there ...
But it has always taken it well except in adolescence that hormones uncontrolled it a lot.That they are children does not mean that they do not realize things and do not remember after anything.They are things that mark you a lot.Any child, whoever has been admitted or very bad, remembers something that has happened to him.Another thing is that then the ability to adapt a child's brain, it does not remember as something as traumatic as adults remember.
@Lowcarb The majority of things you are afraid of is very unlikely to happen.And with current treatments your child can work for whatever even if you have diabetes.There are many working in very demanding professions without any problem.Do not compare with the cases you know of type 2 that are usually adults who have other pathologies and that is what remains most quality of life.A well -controlled type 1 diabetes does not prevent you from.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/01/2022 7:26 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Speaking of integrating our diabetes into normal, allow me to add a humor note of our partner @diabetesatiras

Here the link to tweet, I recommend following you.;-)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/01/2022 10:29 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Yessica_a clear that we remember what marked us.I remember some things about my childhood, my oldest memory is with 2 years.
But the ability to accept a child is greater than that of an adult.I have had to change my life for diabetes, a small child does not recognize another life, over time,
before diabetes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/01/2022 3:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think like @ruthbia, I think it is infinitely more traumatic a diagnosis of diabetes being an adult than being a child.
I personally do not remember too much about my childhood and much less, a life without diabetes ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/01/2022 4:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Ricki21 @isabelbota @ruthbia @yessica_a @fer @nigiri In my case, the debut has been my son and it seems to me that he will remember him all my life because he is a very awake and intelligent kid.

Who will also remember it will be me, because it has also changed my life substantially: at home we all eat the same, I also try not to eat so much amount and it also happens to me that, after 8 months of the debut, I no longerThey like sweets so much.Now I am doing psychological therapeutic work and I do not feel like doing sports, but it is something that I will resume and try to convey to the child, yes, for now we walk we walk a lot.
That is why I believe that, in my case, despite not being diabetic, it makes me as heavy as a DM2 jjejeje.

Another thing that I had not said that makes me suffer, is not only the quality of life that I can have as an adult, but the life expectancy and that it comes to retire with health.It seems silly to say it now, but what is a complete life working and not having life expectancy beyond 65 years?I am horrified to think about it.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
09/01/2022 5:16 p.m.

@Lowcarb, you think very there, the best advice they gave me when I was like you was "because you don't think about it"
My daughter after almost 30 years of diabetes, continues with perfect analytics, or microalbuminuria, or retinopathy.
And I thought that at 30, I would have everything.
The treatments are improving and away complications and if they appear, there are also treatments for them.
Your child has a very long life ahead, and in 30 years there must be a solution.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2022 5:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Lowcarb Where do you get that we are not going to live beyond the 65?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/01/2022 5:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
@lowcarb Where do you get that we are not going to live beyond the 65?

I say that!@Lowcarb, we all plan to take care of everything possible to live many years.And that's what you have to think too.From here to some years, surely new advances have come out that will facilitate and improve the quality of life.Your son is going to live very well, cheer up for him to see you well and be happy.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/01/2022 6:01 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@nigiri @carussa the first interested party, or at least as much as you, in what the life expectancy of the DM1 is lengthened
[URL = " Link "] Link [/URL]

I do not proud or a bit up this, but you have asked me and also supposed that it was a fact that we already knew everything.I feel pain and shame.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
09/01/2022 7:16 p.m.

@Lowcarb, the last.Paragraph says that there are marked differences in mortality, as the levels are controlled.
In that you have to think.
And in all the treatments that will continue to arrive.
And meanwhile, you live, because anyone can die before 65

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2022 7:53 p.m.

@Lowcarb This study is from 2016, more or less recent yes, but I do not think they could evaluate in it the improvements in life expectancy that in many years there will be, due to the most modern glucose measurement systems and the newInsulinsNot to mention the future advances that are (safe) to arrive.So it is not worth it.What will happen to us within 30 or 40 years cannot know.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/01/2022 7:57 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.