{'en': 'Is there discrimination against people with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Hay discriminación hacia las personas con diabetes?'} Image

Is there discrimination against people with diabetes?

_Tacker_'s profile photo   08/29/2022 2:49 a.m.

What I carry is the insistence of shrimp with desserts.At 4 or 5 time to repeat that I don't, that I don't want desserts, my boy ends up telling them that I am a diabetic.It is tremendous.They do not accept a no for response.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/06/2023 4:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
What I have worse is the insistence of the shrimp with desserts.At 4 or 5 time to repeat that I don't, that I don't want desserts, my boy ends up telling them that I am a diabetic.It is tremendous.They do not accept a no for response.

They never insisted with the desserts, tell me the restaurant that I am going

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
02/12/2023 1:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ruthbia said:
What I have worse is the insistence of the shrimp with desserts.At 4 or 5 time to repeat that I don't, that I don't want desserts, my boy ends up telling them that I am a diabetic.It is tremendous.They do not accept a no for response.

Already .It is that in desserts it is where they earn the most .., I ask for a pulley infusion and that's it, it is good for digestion.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/13/2023 7:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am type 1 diabetics since 28, at the beginning if I went to the bathrooms but then my brother who has also said that the bathrooms are not as clean, I do not say all, but many.So I punctured me and if I had to click on the gut, I raised my shirt and rejonazo.What I carry Mál in quotes is when I get downturn and people get scared and I as if nothing, breathing and saying that now I take any, that nothing happens.What I see is one thing, the lack of knowledge in the choles about this, that would have to take into account that aspect, that in my son's school they do not click anything, fortunately my little one does not have but does not mean that noI have it and ignorance in school is total.This would be another debate.That of shame or gout.

CRISDIABETIKA28's profile photo
CRISDIABETIKA28
02/13/2023 11:59 a.m.

regina said:
ruthbia said:
The worst thing I have is the insistence of shrimp with desserts.At 4 or 5 time to repeat that I don't, that I don't want desserts, my boy ends up telling them that I am a diabetic.It is tremendous.They do not accept a no for response.

Already .It is that in desserts it is where they win the most .., I ask for a pole infusion and that's it, it is good for digestion.

I ask for the dessert very rarely, now I always look at the glucose before and make calculations of what I have eaten or I have to eat, if it is feasible once a week something falls, even if I have to put a bolus

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
02/26/2023 4:32 p.m.

I try it.Or in my case I hit a walk after eating something sweet, but nobody wants to just eat to eat but well.On Friday I took half palm and we went to walk as an hour and a half and more or less cope

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/26/2023 7:09 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

In the end I believe that what almost all have in common when starting with diabetes has been to go to the bathroom to click, I did it until my real I jumped, and I told myself that I do not have to hide.

Not long ago in the gym a kid approaches and tells me that it is what you click, I tell him that I am diabetic and that I put insulin, and I let out that the and several colleagues believed that they were anabolizing steroids, hahahaha ...... It doesn't surprise me, it has already happened to me several times, they think badly that it is simpler, but since not what they think, I don't care.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
04/07/2023 2:06 p.m.

I return to the topic to tell you that I go to the psychotechnical for a job and I find a diabetic that goes to the medical center of my area and that give it some championship hypos, eat what you want, get drunk, addicted to the sweetsand to prick insulin per liters .... it causes that it is that of the hypoad -beastial, of falling to the round floor.
Well, what was going, was out of the medical consultation in this kid and is heard to tell the doctor, some disease such as diabetes etc, suffers dizziness, etc and goes and tells him no .........
His certificate was for bus driver ...... Flipant.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
06/01/2024 1:23 p.m.

I have always hidden to put the insulin, I have told few people what happens to me, and I always have the sensor covered.I recognize that since I have the sensor, I have ever told more confidence people, I suppose that given the risk of noticing a white microchip in my arm and to avoid strangeness and questioning.

It is not shame, but there has been some authorship and null desire to talk about it.I take care of me, but I don't sing it, nor am I especially motivated to do pedagogy with anyone.I don't care if people know or not what diabetes is, I have no idea of ​​the rest of the diseases that exist.

They detected it in adolescence and that did not help, in addition to, seen with distance, I think I did not receive the attention that I had needed.

Since my beginnings, my parents made me a member of the Association of Diabetics of my community, but I never did anything more than once to go to greet.I was very rejected by the reason to socialize with someone for this "tara."

Today, the step I have taken is to register here and participate from time to time.I recognize that you give me many things and I am no longer generated that the only reason is to share the "tara".

Right now I carry a bomb (without cable) and the truth is that I am thinking of taking it away because it overwhelms me a lot, but I am giving my time, to see how I end up finding.

What a sheet, forgive me.And thanks 🙂

Warholismo's profile photo
Warholismo
06/01/2024 10:16 p.m.

@Warholismo, I think exactly like you, if I do not care about the rest of the diseases, because someone has to interest mine, I never understood that of giving visibility to something that is my problem !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
06/02/2024 9:48 a.m.

I think it is important that the next environment knows that one has diabetes.
It is not about making "propaganda" of diabetes, but the people of our environment have to know how to act in case of severe hypoglycemia because life is doing in it.

Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/02/2024 12:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.