{'en': 'Is there discrimination against people with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Hay discriminación hacia las personas con diabetes?'} Image

Is there discrimination against people with diabetes?

_Tacker_'s profile photo   08/29/2022 2:49 a.m.

ruthbia said:
@_ tacker_ seem incredible to me the things you tell, it is not that I do not believe them, I think there are people without judgment, irresponsible and used with human misery.
I see many diabetics up to date, walking with their air sensors, without any protection, in my arms and bite my tongue because in one of these, zasca, they go and hit or arrives funny and starts it.

What has surprised me most was last week when I picked up my needles and the nurse told me that it has had to return a lot of sensors because patients had been gathering without picking them up !!!It had a list of 3 leaves to two pages full of people receiving sensors and more or more or less about 10 did not collect their material.From the FJD they told him that they were taken from the program.

If they seem incredible, you should talk to my link nurse,

ruthbia said:
@_ tacker_ I seem incredible to me the things you tell, it is not that I do not believe them, it is that I think there are peopleWithout trial, irresponsible and exploited with human misery.
I see many diabetics up to date, walking with their air sensors, without any protection, in my arms and bite my tongue because in one of these, zasca, they go and hit or arrives funny and starts it.

What has surprised me most was last week when I picked up my needles and the nurse told me that it has had to return a lot of sensors because patients had been gathering without picking them up !!!It had a list of 3 leaves to two pages full of people receiving sensors and more or more or less about 10 did not collect their material.From the FJD they told him that they were taken from the program.

I have been in an insulin -dependent for approximately year and a half, from my hospital admission, and I think that for my character I end up knowing a thousand and one people, and it ends up spending everything.

I do not hide and it is not difficult for me to explain whoever I carry in my arm or to puncture and why.As already said, I am from the group of neither hide nor I go with Megaphone.

Today my link nurse called me to tell me that I speak with Abbot Spain and have promised to call me in the next few days to try to know why it is rare that the first sensor that I wear every fourteen days does not work, even using the official reader ofThe brand.

With respect to the sensors that are returned, there are many more than you think, although in some cases it is the staff of the Health Center that has them as they want, either to return them, give them to a friend or evenget some pelas, like nurses who have already fallen in Barcelona, ​​Valencia and Cádiz.

As I said, to see if we are some of those present here to talk about what is third.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
09/26/2022 11:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@_Tacker_
This year I would like to do the walk (I run, I don't run .... Too a lot!) For diabetes

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/27/2022 8:12 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I really have never had a problem and leaves me crazy because diabetics is something that has been a lifetime and is also a thing to the agenda

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/27/2022 9:47 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

ruthbia said:
@_ tacker_
This year I would like to do the walk (I run, I don't run .... Too a lot!) For diabetes

I don't run either, what's a hurry?I prefer to walk.
Where is that event celebrated?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/27/2022 9:48 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@ENSALADA IN MADRID ON NOVEMBER 13

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/27/2022 10:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@salad in Madrid on November 13

Just the other day I saw a girl in a cafeteria that seemed to me, we had a sensor by noticing a lump through the sleeve and when she left she wore a backpack of the diabetes race and said "white and in bottle."

Now I find out that Novo Nordisk organizes it, I had always thought that I was based on something public since you have to pay dorsal and so on ... how innocent I am: D

anif's profile photo
anif
09/27/2022 11:33 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

Hello, ashamed for being diabetic, never ..
Ashamed of the bad education of many people and lack of understanding of it, always.
If there were more education regarding various diseases we would not be in this situation.
In my case I prefer to go through a cancer and if it happened to be calm than living the nightmare of this disease throughout my life that tea gradually destroys mental and physical.
Regarding to click in public, what was said in previous posts, to which I do not look ...
It is painful that when we talk about diabetes among people they have no idea and more when they overlap with other diseases such as cardiac, renal and so on
I have always been a very thin person and do not understand how I can be type 1 diabetic, then I don't, but I am, also people with lung cancer without smoking and who.
Do not be ashamed to be diabetic, it is your life and if people do not understand it for them.
Much encouragement to all and greetings.

Tavosugarfree's profile photo
Tavosugarfree
09/30/2022 2:32 p.m.

Nor has it happened to my mind to hide anything, it is true that if I think about it, I have never seen anyone click, but I do not hide, nor did it happen to me.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
10/04/2022 12:06 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

tavosugarfree said:
hello, ashamed for being diabetic.
Ashamed of the bad education of many people and lack of understanding of it, always.
If there were more education regarding various diseases we would not be in this situation.
In my case I prefer to go through a cancer and if it happened to be calm than living the nightmare of this disease throughout my life that tea gradually destroys mental and physical.
Regarding to click in public, what was said in previous posts, to which I do not look ...
It is painful that when we talk about diabetes among people they have no idea and more when they overlap with other diseases such as cardiac, renal and so on
I have always been a very thin person and do not understand how I can be type 1 diabetic, then I don't, but I am, also people with lung cancer without smoking and who.
Do not be ashamed to be diabetic, it is your life and if people do not understand it for them.

Well, sincerely I prefer diabetes to cancer and I know that I speak, I had it years ago and the shadow is still behind without leaving you, I destroyed my metabolism twice, I stop it aside but I did not trust or coña.

With respect to diabetes mellitus being thin, they have not been told that the weight in one has nothing to do.At least that made my endocrine very clear.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
01/31/2023 4:44 a.m.

tavosugarfree said:
hello, ashamed for being diabetic.

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease in which antibodies are created against pancreatic islets that produce insulin and destroy them, it has nothing to weight, moreover, it is usually rather thin people.You are confusing with the type 2 that is more related to obesity and there is an insulin resistance, although it can also be given in people without overweight.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/31/2023 10:31 p.m.

meginer said:
tavosugarfree said:
hello, embarrassed for being diabetic never ..

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease in which antibodies are created against pancreatic islets that produce insulin and destroy them, it has nothing to weight, moreover, it is usually rather thin people.You are confusing with the type 2 that is more related to obesity and there is an insulin resistance, although it can also be given in people without overweight.

Moreover, there are already studies that speak of many more causes in type two, including pollution in some areas, impressive.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
02/01/2023 12:05 a.m.

I do not give me any shame, it is more, I have a lingerie store and the photos of the web and Instagram are mine.I do not teach the sensor on the other, but if it comes out in the photo, it has come out.Some people "warn me": hey, that in this photo you see the sensor!And me: And what?Stretch marks are also seen, hahaha.
(By the way, if someone is interested: www.womintimates.com)
Hugs!

sara_vice's profile photo
sara_vice
02/05/2023 12:54 p.m.

I have been DM1 for a little less than a year, I don't hide it and I'm not giving the note either.This summer I have seen many people with the sensor, which before being diabetic or realized.I take it on the arm, rather in front, since I sleep better.By the way, I cover with kinesiological tape, at the beginning of meat color, but after all colors.If I go out to eat or another event, I have no problem putting insulin on the table discreetly, I got into the cleaning before.

tollo's profile photo
tollo
02/05/2023 1:40 p.m.

DM1 Debut: Mayo 2022
FreeStyle Libre 2
Novorapid: 3ud desayuno + 3ud comida + 3ud cena.
Toujeo: 20 ud noche.
HbA1: Mayo22 11.6% Julio22 7.5% Sept22 6.5% Agost23 6.2%

Well, you want me to tell you.I do not care what others think or stop thinking.I have been 4 years with this story and at first I went to the sink to see the gluco with the puncture and click.Since I have the free 2 and Diabox I look at the phone or on the Garmin the values ​​without the need to bring it to the arm and when it plays prick then, discreetly, and without getting up from the table I click.And if someone who is watching me bothers him, then look elsewhere.I do not get into anyone or I think it offends anyone.And if I ask I have no qualms about explaining the situation.

It would be good that, in addition to having to live with this story all our life, we would have to be ashamed of it to content the ignorant who can feel some objection before us.That you have to be a tarugo to see someone who is doing something you don't understand and you bother.

By the way, yesterday I was seeing a dance work "Gochos" in which the two dancers, Asturian brothers, wore a dexcom each in their arm.It was curious and exemplary.And I was surprised that they did not tear it to the contemporary dance exercises.Some artists the kids.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
02/05/2023 8:18 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

At the beginning I did go to the bathroom to inject myself, but at the third time I decided what better it did at the table, the bathrooms in general are dirty and frankly what I have is a disease, not something that I have chosen, and if someone feelsBad to see how I punctuate me, to process it as I can, if they ask me I explain, but not.
We must not hide, we have enough to count on rations and move from desserts to feel uncomfortable
Once someone asked me with a rare.

milagros's profile photo
milagros
02/05/2023 9:03 p.m.

For me now it is very easy for me to normalize diabetes.More than fifty years ago when I started, being the glass syringes etc, it was a show, but that I remember in my family did not make so much social life outside with what did not use me to face the situation of clicking in public ..Much ahead when clicking with disposable syringes have ever shouted me drug addict! That's why I preferred to click on a public toilet, unless I had no choice, we are talking about the seventies.
Since the feathers appeared, it was very simple for me, I can be talking to someone and do not realize that I am puncturing myself, especially if you are at a meal, with a table in between.People in general are not very observant.
As for the sensor I carry it in the buttock and nobody finds out when I measure me, or nobody has noticed me.
Regarding the shame of being diabetic, it will depend on the sensation of stigma that can be felt, the environment where one moves, the level of knowledge, experience etc.In my case I never had a feeling of shame, but I consider it something that corresponds to my intimacy, I do not have to tell my life, whether diabetes or anything else to everyone who puts me in a shot, since it is alsoVery tired to teach diabetes and endure the challenge of their respective ideas.I do explain in my closest work environment and to my friends, in case something happens to me to do, basic information, that do not shit with fear.

uma's profile photo
uma
02/06/2023 9:45 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

I do not understand how it can be ashamed to take a medical treatment.
I started in September with the fast insulin and I put it where I get caught: at work, on the street, in the bars, in my son's football matches ...
I don't understand that anyone can bother you to take the pen and click me.Nor that he was clicking him: D

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
02/06/2023 11:23 a.m.

I am not ashamed either.At first I also went to the bathroom to click, but now I am with trusted people, I click discreetly on the table and voila.If it is with people I know less, I usually prick in the bathroom, but not for shame, it is that sometimes they do not know that I am diabetic and I do not feel like I proclaim it to the four winds.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
02/06/2023 12:20 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I don't think anyone with diabetes should be ashamed.

Type 1 is a matter of bad luck, I can't find any reasonable reason for causes discomfort or shame to suffer from it.Type 2 is true that perhaps identifies you as a person with bad habits but good in this life we ​​all make mistakes.

Some smoke, others drink, others give the drug ... and others have passed ourselves with the sugar more of the account thinking about "I do not touch me."

In the end there is a reality and it is that in Spain 50% of people are overweight or obesity.It is 50% that has bad habits and is therefore at risk of short or long -term type 2 diabetes (the one that does not already have it).

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 1:43 p.m.

I put it in public without problems, except the slow q is in the buttock for obvious reasons: D: D: D: D: D: D: D

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/06/2023 4:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.