{'en': 'Doubt these parties: The Roscón de Reyes', 'es': 'Duda sobre estas fiestas: el roscón de reyes'} Image

Doubt these parties: The Roscón de Reyes

Vicen38's profile photo   01/04/2023 7:31 p.m.

Good afternoon diabetic family.I have a question.

Since I was diagnosed, I have not tried anything sweet.

I would like to eat a piece of roscón on Friday.How is it done to calculate the insulin bolus in that type of sweets?Roscons, cakes etc.

Thank you very much in advance.

Vicen38's profile photo
Vicen38
01/04/2023 7:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good @vicen38

The adjustments will depend on what the roscón accompanies, that is, if you have eaten few hydrates before, because you may not have to compensate too much, if you have eaten normally, you will have to calculate the HC of the Roscón piece and apply an extra bolus.

If you want to have a somewhat more scientific approach, we can take the information on this website as a reference:

Link

In nutritional information, for 100 gr., Estimates 35 g of carbohydrates and 18.5 of fats.

As always, it depends on how much you want to eat, with this information you could calculate the extra that you would have to apply.

Eye with alcohol, in addition to eating in excess at parties, it is very common to also drink alcohol, look how it affects you before applying an extra!

I leave you here a couple of topics that detail you more:

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/04/2023 7:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Last year I had breakfast roscón on the 6th and the result was not a peak, but a needle.I put on the calculated bolus, I climbed above 220, I started walking as if I pursued me and fell into hip.
Never Mais.It is not worth it.
I will have breakfast my grilled egg with avocado and ham and with a laser tool I will cut a transparent roscón portion to integrate into the party.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/04/2023 10:56 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I last year had a roscón breakfast on the 6th and the result was not a peak, but a needle.I put on the calculated bolus, I climbed above 220, I started walking as if I pursued me and fell into hip.
Never Mais.It is not worth it.
I will have breakfast my grilled egg with avocado and ham and with a laser tool I will cut a transparent roscón portion to integrate into the party.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/04/2023 11:13 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

In New Year I ate two literal fingers of a Christmas trunk that my mother -in -law made, for not doing the ugly, I click 2 units and in less than 1/2 h.I got in 256 (starting from 135) and with the arrow looking at the sky (I beat my record) I hooked my husband in the arm (after putting on a 2udThe arrow stabilized and started seeing that it was beginning to go down .... often stress .... it does not compensate meHe had gone well to lower the food, poor ...)

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/05/2023 10:05 a.m.

Well, do not try the panettone .... I have already seen two cute 340 who in my life had seen before.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/05/2023 1:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Cassie In New Year I ate two literal fingers of a Christmas trunk that my mother -in -law made, for not doing the ugly, I click 2 UD and in less than 1/2 h.I put on 256 (starting from 135) and with the arrow looking at the sky (I beat my record) I hooked my husband in the arm (after putting on a 2ud

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 You should have taken your mother -in

See maybe your mother -in -law already did it to post with sweeter 😁😁😁

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
01/05/2023 3:35 p.m.

Well, the grilled egg, avocado and ham breakfast that one commented I see it very tasty and is not bad.
Personally, I think it is better to avoid eating roscón, that carries sugar to fill a truck and the glycemia will shoot you.
I of course, I will not try it, if a very tiny piece.I have become very strict with this diet, and no sweets, I don't even need them.

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/05/2023 4:13 p.m.

Oh poor, when you have been tell me for a long time if you're not going to try things 😅

I do not like many things but I once like everyone.One day I ate a little nougat piece of Suchard that is something else that is pure sugar, or some cake or cake, leading such a spartan life is a pain ... that by the way it is funny that I did not like fries to me and fromThat I am a diabetic I would eat an entire dish with Mahonesa 🤣

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/05/2023 5:21 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
ay poor, when you have been tell me for a long time if you are not going to try things 😅

I do not like many things but I once like everyone.One day I ate a little nougat piece of Suchard that is something else that is pure sugar, or some cake or cake, leading such a spartan life is a pain ... that by the way it is funny that I did not like fries to me and fromthat I am a diabetic I would eat an entire dish with Mahonesa 🤣

Well, that happens to me.I didn't like the fruit and now that I get a lot, I love it.And the fried potatoes did not tell me anything and now I would eat a whole package.And I didn't like the soft nougat and now I love it ...
I recognize what I have allowed this Christmas.Mercadona sells a soft nougat packaged in 8 individual portions of 25 grams and I have taken some occasionally (having fat the climb is not very beast).And to count, nothing more Christmas 😔😔

isabelbota
01/05/2023 6:27 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

vicen38 said:
good afternoon diabetic family.I have a question.

Since I was diagnosed, I have not tried anything sweet.

I would like to eat a piece of roscón on Friday.How is it done to calculate the insulin bolus in that type of sweets?Roscons, cakes etc.

Thank you very much in advance.

alcanjo's profile photo
alcanjo
01/05/2023 6:34 p.m.

But do you want to eat things just because you see them forbidden?I see that Masoca that, it reminds me of Adam and Eva, that Eva took us out of paradise for eating a forbidden apple.
At the moment I do not plan to try any sweets of those, unless prediabetes disappears and no longer runs the risk of DT2, but in moderation.

joaquillo
01/05/2023 6:39 p.m.

Because they are good !!!
And when you have not eaten something for years, and around you they eat it (children, couple, parents, friends ...) not being one can resist.

In DT2 if you do not want to take a pill, you are limited to a certain food for life

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/05/2023 7:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The first year is of proof and error, but pointing everything you can already calculate better next time.Fast can be adapted with times and doses..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/05/2023 7:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Last year ate and kept putting bowls all afternoon every afternoon every 2 h, that is, when I saw that it went from 120 to 150Slowly and up to 45 mins or 1 h to put it does not start lowering the glucose and made a peak of 185 but then with the bolus low to 120 you can eat 1 good piece but only 1 because 2 is already a lot of sugar

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/06/2023 midnight

Joaquillo said:
but do you want to eat things just because you see them forbidden?I see that Masoca that, it reminds me of Adam and Eva, that Eva took us out of paradise for eating a forbidden apple.
At the moment I do not plan to try any sweets of those, unless prediabetes disappears and no longer runs the risk of DT2, but in moderation.

That you tell me within a time and I do not speak of 3 months that I was more than a year that did not taste 😅

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/06/2023 7:47 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Thank you very much for your comments.I will all take them into account.

Vicen38's profile photo
Vicen38
01/06/2023 12:29 p.m.

vicen38 said:
Thank you very much for your comments.I will all take them into account.

Anyway if one day you make an excess and you get in 200, according to my endo nothing happens (although I recognize that I get in bad milk)
You already tell us if you eat it.

isabelbota
01/06/2023 1:31 p.m.

nila said:
Joaquillo said:
but do you want to eat things just because you see them forbidden?I see that Masoca that, it reminds me of Adam and Eva, that Eva took us out of paradise for eating a forbidden apple.

That you tell me in a while and I do not speak of 3 months that I was more than a year that did not taste 😅

I do not know, I have never been much to eat sweets, what I did exceed it was with industrial juices and white bread, and I don't think it costs me to eliminate it forever, I don't take them anymore, to be honest it cost me more not to eat potatoesFrigues, pizza, potato tortilla or paste or think that I will not be able to eat paella for the rice.

joaquillo
01/06/2023 1:33 p.m.

Joaquillo said:
nila said:
Joaquillo said:
Joaquillo said:
but do you want to eat things just because you see them prohibited?I see that Masoca that, it reminds me of Adam and Eva, that Eva took us out of paradise for eating a forbidden apple.

That you tell me in a while and I do not speak of 3 months that I was more than a year that did not taste 😅

I do not know, I have never been much to eat sweets, what I did exceed it was with industrial juices and white bread, and I don't think it costs me to eliminate it forever, I don't take them anymore, to be honest it cost me more not to eat potatoesFrigges, pizza, potato tortilla or paste or think that I will not be able to eat paella for the rice.

Well, that we already talked to it in a few months because some can feel like a sweet, to another some fried potatoes ... for example of the paella and the olympically step rice but from time to time I like some portion of pizza or I likeThe sweets and I take something and I'm going to walk

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/06/2023 2:48 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.