{'en': 'If you could choose the insulin pump .. What would be?', 'es': 'Si pudieras elegir la bomba de insulina.. ¿Cual sería?'} Image

If you could choose the insulin pump .. What would be?

fer's profile photo   03/28/2023 12:29 p.m.

fer said:
I have been able to change the bolis to the insulin pump, and I wonder, if I could choose the following, what would be the "best" and why?

- ACCUCHECK INSIGHT + DEXCOM G6 (Diabeloop)
- Omnipod (ypsomed)
- Medtronic Minimed 780g System

I leave here some issues that I am rereading and that are related:

Link
Link
Link

Hello,

I have been omnipod dash from Insulet for two years and I am very happy.Of course, I live in France and here it is financed.

In patch type, at least in the Valencian C., you have the Roche alone and inside you are expected the Glucomen Day of Menarini.

Fulix's profile photo
Fulix
04/02/2023 5:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Moñiño How long have you not used the YPSOPump?Because mine if you can regulate for schedules from 15 min.Until hours, the battery had to change a month, they told me that I lasted depending on the "cane" that you give to it (it is clear that I buy it of good quality, in its proper functioning my health goes, and I do not spare onThe price of a stack, although I have bought a VARTA package (they are the ones that it brings as standard), which comes 10, for € 7, neither does it seem to me the ruin.
My mobile to this weekend (which has fallen after 4 years) was a € 120 Xiaomi with which the application worked very well, zero problems.Get stuck the deposit?I don't know ... I have to rewind the plunger and no effort comes out.The cannula dress1 month, if it is true that this time being the first, they have sent it to me "in extremis" (4 days before finishing the last), but they already told me that if I did not arrive I could approach the hospital and there they would facilitate it,It was to call Ysomed and the next day I already had it in the office.Anyway, it is not about to disassemble your argument, but when I read you I have been very surprised ... I would not return to the Bolis or Crazy, just to be able to administer from 0.1 units and not have to use from 0.5 (as with the feathers)and to be able to keep glycemia more ...
I still do not use it with a closed circuit, we are going step by step, but the day it is so it will be the pump, that she alone injects me when I see that I go up and stop when it is low .... it makes you not have to be soon...
It has relieved me a lot and I have relaxed.
By the way, I don't know what community you will be, I live in Catalonia and they continue to dispense the strips, such as when I went with feathers, the same amount, neither more nor less, because they understand that the sensors are not going as well as they should.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
04/03/2023 12:27 p.m.

Cassie said:
@moñiño How long have you not use the ypsopump?Because mine if you can regulate for schedules from 15 min.Until hours, the battery had to change a month, they told me that I lasted depending on the "cane" that you give to it (it is clear that I buy it of good quality, in its proper functioning my health goes, and I do not spare onThe price of a stack, although I have bought a VARTA package (they are the ones that it brings as standard), which comes 10, for € 7, neither does it seem to me the ruin.
My mobile to this weekend (which has fallen after 4 years) was a € 120 Xiaomi with which the application worked very well, zero problems.Get stuck the deposit?I don't know ... I have to rewind the plunger and no effort comes out.The cannula dress1 month, if it is true that this time being the first, they have sent it to me "in extremis" (4 days before finishing the last), but they already told me that if I did not arrive I could approach the hospital and there they would facilitate it,It was to call Ysomed and the next day I already had it in the office.Anyway, it is not about to disassemble your argument, but when I read you I have been very surprised ... I would not return to the Bolis or Crazy, just to be able to administer from 0.1 units and not have to use from 0.5 (as with the feathers)and to be able to keep glycemia more ...
I still do not use it with a closed circuit, we are going step by step, but the day it is so it will be the pump, that she alone injects me when I see that I go up and stop when it is low .... it makes you not have to be soon...
By the way, I don't know what community you will be, I live in Catalonia and they continue to dispense the strips, such as when I went with feathers, the same amount, neither more nor less, because they understand that the sensors are not going as well as they should./Blockquote>

I join what you say.I have not had a single problem with the YpSopump bomb.The algorithm has given me a lot of peace of mind, especially at night.I have over 90% practically every day.

Raul_Nevermind's profile photo
Raul_Nevermind
04/03/2023 12:52 p.m.

@Raul_nevermind, how good, I still do not use it with algorithm ... They told us that in the face of September (4 girls we are participating in a study) and we are going step by step ...
@Fer Another interesting thing to comment, is that "the tube of the infuser", it is not a tube, but two, one through which the insulin passes and another that covers it so that it can be folded and does not damage the other, it islight blue because it is better observed if bubbles are formed (for the moment I have not seen).The scheduled amount is passing every 3 minutes (a few hours I have 0.50, to another 0.60, ...) according to what you need ....
And to finish, I also thought I could bother me to sleep, but I put it with the clamp in the pajamas pants (in front) and zero discomfort.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
04/03/2023 1:45 p.m.

Thank you very much to all, this information helps me a lot to get an idea of ​​the implications of change, for the moment I am in the previous phase, I have to make a calendar with a registration of HC's, measures, etc ... for several days, toEnd of the month I will have a visit and then we will see next steps.

I am encouraged to move forward everything I have read here, so I'll tell you !!:)

fer's profile photo
fer
04/03/2023 2:23 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
thank you very much to all@s, this information helps me a lot to get an idea of ​​the implications of change, for the moment I am in the previous phase, I have ...

I am like your fer.My doctor has been proposing the pump for years but it seems very cumbersome to carry those tubes hanging from the body.Do you know if there is any pump that does not need a tube?

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
04/03/2023 4:56 p.m.

mrasra said:
fer said:
thank you very much to all@s, this information helps me a lot to get an idea of ​​the implications of change, for the momentI am in the previous phase, I have ...

I am like your fer.My doctor has been proposing the pump for years but it seems very cumbersome to carry those tubes hanging from the body.Do you know if there is any pump that does not need a tube?

The Glucomen/Menariniy the ACCU-Chek alone but they are only infusion pumps.At the moment they have no algorithm.Ask what bombs offer in your hospital since they may not have either.Anyway both Medtronic and Tandem are developing patch bombs and will not take long to leave.

Raul_Nevermind's profile photo
Raul_Nevermind
04/03/2023 5:09 p.m.

raul_nevermind said:
casssie said:
@moñiño How long has you not used the ypsopump?Because mine if you can regulate for schedules from 15 min.Until hours, the battery had to change a month, they told me that I lasted depending on the "cane" that you give to it (it is clear that I buy it of good quality, in its proper functioning my health goes, and I do not spare onThe price of a stack, although I have bought a VARTA package (they are the ones that it brings as standard), which comes 10, for € 7, neither does it seem to me the ruin.
By the way, I don't know what community you will be, I live in Catalonia and they continue to dispense the strips, such as when I went with feathers, the same amount, neither more nor less, because they understand that the sensors are not going as well as they should./Blockquote>

I join what you say.I have not had a single problem with the YpSopump bomb.The algorithm has given me a lot of peace of mind, especially at night.I have over 90% practically every day.

It is the one I have been using for months and what I tell you.I have no more than an hour to program and I can send you photos and videos of this, from the boat jam .... I don't know, mine will have left mine.Pilas like the old one, took a comsun package and forward.I took the usual and nothing.I bought another brand in the comsum and nothing ... and those I have now, neither cane nor anything."times I reborn to change the cartridge and goodbye.
Conste that he spoke from my experience.I'm glad you do well.No and are changing the concept I had of the bombs, to the point that I am thinking of doing like my sister, that for these things (the ypso has also given war with details like these) and tired and has returnedTo the feathers, being better than ever.

PD: In Cuenca I was taken away from my strips and when I spend the first time the shortage or in the center.Complaint at the top of the hospital, fill some papers to give me a stab chico of emergency (and I can spend photocopies of all this).

PD2: I do not swallow the scam to sell "that of putting a price on your health" that the commercial already insisted me (it will have a commission with a phone manufacturer) because well that the first Acuccheck was going, an all -terrain.He adapted to everything without fights.If it was done before, at the beginning of the world of bombs, I don't see why they must "force me" what they want now.If you want they can.But it is seen that what they want is the business.I already argued long and not, I did not go on any phone they told me (my mobile also s xiaomi and not even the endocrine has been able to put the application in Solfa).Trying with those I have at home, and indeed, it is not very good.

PD ·: I have not seen any bomnba that stops when you are in hiccup.No. He warns you and you have to do it with temporary basal dose options, but if you don't indicate they do not crap.The algorithm of which you want to act the same is late.And that for work I have a lot of variability of conditions that affect I cannot be every 15 minutes (or other time that I cannot foresee in duration) para-arranca-for again ..... it has to facilitate my life.It has been the opposite.I do nothing but be aware of her.Now big effort, it reduces.At 20 minutes, light work with null effort, puts more ...... perhaps for someone who is sitting in an office all day, with a very routine job in which the activity does not change every 15 or 20 minutes ..... But even so, the algorithm should correct and not be me who indicates where to walk.No. Since the old bomb took me, I have not been more pending diabetes as now.Not with the feathers.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
04/03/2023 8:08 p.m.

@"Moñiño", what can I tell you?I feel that this is your experience and if you are better with feathers then for it!I believe that you have to opt for what each one of more quality of life and as diabetes, technologies are not made for everyone.All the best.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
04/04/2023 10:10 a.m.

Good they told me the option of putting on the insulin bomb but for now I did not take me, I wanted to know if you have to go to the beach as it is done, or shower, I do not know if you would have to take it away and then put it.
And to sleep ??
Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/10/2023 12:16 p.m.

@"Moñiño" Androidaps stops the infusion when it detects downward trend, and warns you to take hydrates if you consider it is not enough to trace a hypo.
@antonimar me to sleep does not bother me, and in the shower he does not take off;In the pool yes, the adhesive is worse than that of the sensors.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
04/10/2023 3:34 p.m.

@Antonio200 has surprised me what you have commented on the quality of the adhesive, although thinking about it, you have to change every 3 days or so, right?

In this case, it would seem normal to be less strong than that of the sensors, which has to last 14 days.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/11/2023 12:42 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Antonio200 said:
@"moñiño" Androidaps stops the infusion when it detects downward trend, and warns you to take hydrates if you consider it is not enough to trace a hypo.
@antonimar me to sleep does not bother me, and in the shower he does not take off;In the pool yes, the adhesive is worse than that of the sensors.

-I don't know Adroidaps or if I will go with the pump or dexcom, but thanks.I will investigate

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
04/11/2023 9:12 p.m.

@Fer in general hits well but in the pool it takes off, free2 no.
@"Moñiño" Androidaps works with several sensors and several bombs, with Dexcom yes, with Ypsomed no ...

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
04/11/2023 9:26 p.m.

Hi Fer, I have been diabeloop for a year, when changing from bolis to bomb passed the HBA1c from 7.8 to 6.5 and now with diabeloop at 6.4, it has not improved much with respect to the manual mode with an infuser pump but you wantA lot of peace of mind when the system is going well (especially that the catheter does not give you problems) you almost forget the diabetes, that in return you have to load how a mobile change batteries of the infuser, catheter, tube, insulin, sensors andAlways carrying several stuck devices, the truth that sometimes wants to return to the Bolis a season to rest, but would not definitely return to the Bolis.
I hope I answered what you wanted to know.
Greetings

ref666's profile photo
ref666
04/11/2023 9:54 p.m.

Thanks for sharing it @ref666 the truth is that every time I see it lighter, I know it will be heavier for the numerous "pots" that I will have to carry, but I love the improvement of the HBA1C data, this weighs me more than me more thanThe first!: Smile:

fer's profile photo
fer
04/12/2023 9:05 a.m.

@antonimar then on the beach you hook her with the clamp in the swimsuit and ready, it is submersible (at least mine).And for the shower that are 15-20 minute, I disconnect the catheter of the body and when I leave I connect it again (they told us that it was not necessary or turned off), obviously I do it that way because when you shower you naked it is not where to hold it....ha ha ha

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
04/12/2023 3:47 p.m.

@antonimar mine is not submersible, but when they give you the previous training to dispense the pump, they also explain some disconnection protocols based on the time that you do not take it.For example, if it is an hour or less, you don't have to do anything (it will depend on the values ​​on which you start, yes).In the end, like everything, it is practical, and see how glucose is reacting at that time.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
04/12/2023 4 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

Hello!!I was reading a lot about this issue in English or American forums and news that have more generalized these systems.The tests they carried out in a study said that the most effective was 780g for the algorithms that Medtronic had.In general they will all be very similar.The important thing is that you have automatic corrections and automatic infusion suspension

Of course, it is an important break in a matter of size.

Prother's profile photo
Prother
04/13/2023 11:18 a.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

@Fer I have also read very good opinions of the 780g.
But, put to ask, to put a small patch, to recharge every week and function automatically, hahaha, it will arrive.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/13/2023 12:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.