{'en': 'If you could choose the insulin pump .. What would be?', 'es': 'Si pudieras elegir la bomba de insulina.. ¿Cual sería?'} Image

If you could choose the insulin pump .. What would be?

fer's profile photo   03/28/2023 12:29 p.m.

I have been able to change the bolis to the insulin pump, and I wonder, if I could choose the following, what would be the "best" and why?

- ACCUCHECK INSIGHT + DEXCOM G6 (Diabeloop)
- Omnipod (ypsomed)
- Medtronic Minimed 780g System

I leave here some issues that I am rereading and that are related:

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
03/28/2023 12:29 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You have another option with integrated system:
YPSOPUMP + DEXCOM G6 (CAMAPS)

jasom's profile photo
jasom
03/28/2023 4:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@jasom this have not told me, I have searched for information and I also find it interesting to evaluate.

Link

Anyone who knows more than one and who wants to share opinion?

Thank you!!

fer's profile photo
fer
03/29/2023 11:35 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Androidaps, works with the following bombs:
Link
And these sensors:
Link

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
03/29/2023 2:05 p.m.

Thanks @Antonio200!

I would like to know the experience of those who have used each system, or if someone has used several and how they have worked.

Also, what has been more difficult to make the change from boli to bomb?

fer's profile photo
fer
03/29/2023 2:39 p.m.

@Fer: Why do you want to go to the pump?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/29/2023 3:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

They have raised it because I have peaks that could be corrected with better control and the change to the bomb, the truth that I had never considered it as an option, but I think I could do well.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/29/2023 3:30 p.m.

If you can choose, there is a group of parents on Facebook, "pirates with diabetes," who use many bombs.
They speak above all about Tanden and 780 communicated to a sensor, which can correct hyper, hyper alone.
Let's see if they guide you. That you do very well and tell us.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/29/2023 9:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Fer, the one I use since 2015 is not among which you ask, although they soon change me to the 780 of Medtronic and I can tell you something else.In my case, the most difficult of the change from bolis to bomb and what made me doubt the most were the nights.I had the impression that I was not going to rest with the device going around ... and nothing is further from reality.For me there are many advantages and I think that control is always better, after all, it is more "physiological", closer to the functioning of healthy pancreas.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
03/29/2023 10:03 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

Thanks @regina I know the group but I don't use it much, I'll take a look!

@anabela because you leave me quieter, because it is one of the issues that worries me the most, also the fact that it does not have a slow insulin, I am concerned to obstruct the tube where the insulin passes, which doubles, etc ... and theAnother thing is, where do you carry the device?And where do you leave it to sleep?

fer's profile photo
fer
03/30/2023 9:30 a.m.

@Fer, I'm with bolis and sometimes I think about it.The one that calls me the most is the omnipod, but isn't it funded right?

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
03/30/2023 12:20 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

I think that depends on your community, they have raised it as one of the options, although seeing the size of the "pod", I do not know if it is the best option.

It has the advantage of not carrying the tubit, but I don't know if it is better or not.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/30/2023 12:38 p.m.

Omnipod has no distribution network in Spain.The low percentage of people with diabetes with pump in Spain is very small and are not interested in implanting here for the moment.I use YPSOPump with Dexcom G6 and Camapsfx for a month.I am very happy.He has given me a lot of quality of life after 19 years with feathers.Learning algorithms are all very similar.Androidaps with Insight is the one that offers the most customization options but you have to look for life to configure it because it is a DIY system.I would recommend changing you to bomb since closed handle systems are just around the corner.They ended up counting carbohydrates.

Raul_Nevermind's profile photo
Raul_Nevermind
03/30/2023 1:32 p.m.

@Fer, I have been the Ypsomed Ypsopump for a month and I can't be happier.
Forgive me my daring, but the bomb would recommend it to all type 1 diabetics without a doubt.Already only injecting me with the infuser without having to be clicking so many times a day, it is worth it yes or yes.
And that I am not yet handling it with algorithms (my group and I have been told that in the face of September), when they associate it with Dexcom or free 3. At the moment all decisions I make them manually, because they want us to learnTo use it well ... but be able to adjust from 0.1ud the basal for schedules, the ratios .... it is a pass !!I have almost not had hypos, the days I have the period I can increase the basal with the percentage that you need and from 15min.until hours ...
It occupies little, it weighs grams, submersible, it is one of the smallest in the market.Easy to use, very intuitive ... Sometimes I have managed to forget that I am diabetic, my humor has changed, I am more positive.When it works with a closed circuit this will be a pass!
So my advice is if they offer it, at least, cause it and then decide ... but you will not close ... it relieves a lot mentally and physically.Going feathers to the bomb has been a luxury, you'll see how it is more effective, I have improved in my glycemia a barbarity.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
03/31/2023 1:17 p.m.

@fer, at sleep it I use a kind of elastic belt that they sell on the Internet in pages of diabetes material.So you don't realize that I carry it.For the day I carry it in the bra with a clamp that all bombs usually carry.But that is already more particular, other people carry it in the belt, for example.In the end is to try.But that is not that prevents you from taking the step, then it is less complicated than we imagine.And about the bubbles and not carrying slow, so that you get an idea, in the 8 years that makes it only 2 nights I have risen with symptoms of ketoacidosis that I have been able to solve on my own in a few hours.If you check the cable well before sleeping, nothing has to happen.And now with the sensors, as soon as you enter hyperglycemia you can correct it and solved matter.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
03/31/2023 4:10 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

Cassie said:
Good morning fer, I have been the YPSOPump of Ypsomed for a month and I can't be happier.
Forgive me my daring, but the bomb would recommend it to all type 1 diabetics without a doubt.Already only injecting me with the infuser without having to be clicking so many times a day, it is worth it yes or yes.
And that I am not yet handling it with algorithms (my group and I have been told that in the face of September), when they associate it with Dexcom or free 3. At the moment all decisions I make them manually, because they want us to learnTo use it well ... but be able to adjust from 0.1ud the basal for schedules, the ratios .... it is a pass !!I have almost not had hypos, the days I have the period I can increase the basal with the percentage that you need and from 15min.until hours ...
It occupies little, it weighs grams, submersible, it is one of the smallest in the market.Easy to use, very intuitive ... Sometimes I have managed to forget that I am diabetic, my humor has changed, I am more positive.When it works with a closed circuit this will be a pass!
So my advice is if they offer it, at least, cause it and then decide ... but you will not close ... it relieves a lot mentally and physically.Going out of feathers to the bomb has been a luxury, you'll see how it is more effective, I have improved in my glycemia a barbarity.

Cassie, I'm very happy to read you so lively.😘😘

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/01/2023 10:18 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I carry an insight with AAPS and free2 and of course I would not return to the feathers.As you have told you, it is very long to configure, and you have to read a lot of manuals to understand everything (I don't think I am taking out the whole game that could, many things come to me great ...) but only the fact of powerManaging the pump from the mobile or even from the clock seems to me science fiction (in this AAPS goes very, far ahead of the other systems, I do not know how it is possible that an open source project is doing things that others then implement).Now, I also tell you that no system is the panacea ...
AAPS is not based on AI, this is different from Diabeloop, for example (I understand that also the system that leads Medtronic, I do not know it).You have to put the basal, the sensitivity to insulin, the insulin ratio to carbohydrates, in short, you have to configure it.And as you all know, when you think that everything is more or less well, you have to start again because, God knows why, suddenly you are too high/low or you do peaks, what am I going to tell you ...
If in the end you decide on this system ask me, I will help you in what I can (and in Discord there is a community willing to always lend a hand)
Ah! I forgot.To use AAPS in closed loop you have to go through objectives so that you are learning little by little.They are asking you questions and, once you answer them correctly, it lets you access the next step, but it is not immediate, sometimes you have to spend a week or a month with the system in a certain point to continue advancing in the objectives (In the end it is something similar to what Cassie comments).What we want is to take the pump and start working in a closed loop, with this system it is not so (although you compile it, there are people who change the code to shorten the deadlines, but this is out of my reach)

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
04/01/2023 10:44 a.m.

@isabelbota Thank you!The truth is that yes, it is incredible what has changed me .... I have come to think that it seemed not, but the punctures were undermining my morals, with the bomb nothing is noted when it injected you.Every 3 minutes it injected me basal and in the bowling is that you do not know ... when I use it with closed loop will be a gigantic advance, but of course, for that I will have to wait a few months .... 😊

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
04/01/2023 3:28 p.m.

Good morning I carry tandem with control IQ and G6, for me it is the best, self -correction when you will upload, you stop the supply when it will lower you, in the dream mode it keeps me flat when sleeping, in the exercise modeNotice in 120, and at eating I put the hydrates and calculate the bolus.

titimartinez's profile photo
titimartinez
04/02/2023 12:53 p.m.

I have only had 2.
LA - ACCUCHECK INSIGHT + DEXCOM G6 (Diabeloop)
and for recently the Pump ypso.

I recommend the first.The only paste that has to carry the DBLG1 mobile that is also capable of many functions of which I do not have control (not like the old command).One more break in your pocket.Also whistling every 2x3 making me aware of it, when it shouldn't be so.If it is an advantage, I should work and I forget that I carry it.Since since I changed the mobile command all day pending notices and nonsense.And bothering those around me (in work meetings, sleeping that he also does it at night .....)
The old model, with the hook to hang it on the neck when you lower your pants in the bathroom or with a chain to the belt and carry in your pocket ..... in addition to the small command she had.So yes.
I asked for change because I didn't regulate well, all day with beeps.You tell him the action you were doing and as if nothing.Erre that her with her march and after 20 minutes.
Thus all day with a rambow of ups and downs.Of course, the fantastic average, because the descent against the increases and the average that reaches the system is almost perfect, but that is to deceive.
In fact I asked for change for that reason.

The ypso in addition to getting stuck every 2 per three.Stay the tank stuck in each change and have to give the bomb some "whipping" so that it falls, that no battery is worth it (and I do not speak of bought in the Chinese, 2 different packages in the comsum and not, what, whatThose do not use) and that are spent at zero coma, do not let stretches of 15 minutes or half an hour (as well as to ask for it for minutes like the old Accouck) having to buy a mobile of no less than 400 euros because in other models the modelsApplication does not go (I don't see because they have to condition me so they do, to sell mobiles too? My son gave me a mobile and how is I not worth doing, spending 400 to 600 euros in a Sansung or an iPhone?).

The glue of the canulas is better that of Accouchek.I smoke a lot.Summer has not arrived but several have already taken off several.
Nor does it regulate how the Accuchck with the mobile command.Leave much to be desired as curves and corrections do.In fact, since I changed my command on the mobile of the Accuchck, my control is quite bad with the bombs.To the point that I am thinking of returning the pumps and returning to the feathers.

When there have been replacement supplies problems (and I have had them, because the cannulas did not arrive) the twenty -seven days that I had to be in feathers, better than with the pumps.Ah, and luck that I have spare strips at home, because with the pumps they remove them and do not take into account that if one day the spare parts do not arrive on time, or the bomb fails somewhere (by battery, or for theWhatever) to see what you do without strips or without another type of blood glycemia.
In the end in the petado bag of spare things (strips, meter, batteries, cannulas in case they take off, sugars or glucose ........).I do not see the advantages that the pumps have lately.I am in my head that I return to the feathers like a few years ago.

In summary, the old action with the mini command and the option to define the actions (with the advice and help of the endocrine) and not an algorithm (which does not have to square with my daily activity; that the algorithm and algorithm andFor work I have a lot of variability in shares, efforts Moments of rest ..... In less than 20 minutes I still make an effort that wears me as if I had run a marathon and then I threw 2 hours sitting than the setback.)
And I can't foresee because my job is like that.what the client demands at all times).

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
04/02/2023 5:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.