{'en': 'Freshly diagnosed with lada and dead of fear', 'es': 'Recién diagnosticada de LADA y muerta de miedo'} Image

Freshly diagnosed with lada and dead of fear

Estherilla's profile photo   03/13/2023 10:34 p.m.

Hello, I introduce myself.

I am Esther and today they have diagnosed me.

This week I start with meters, insulins and an unknown world for me.

I'm full of fear !!

I'm glad to have discovered this forum.

Greetings,

Estherilla's profile photo
Estherilla
03/13/2023 10:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Estherilla, little by little you learn and you'll see how you will control it very well.
Ask doubts to the forum.Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2023 12:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Surely you are little by little!Now there is a lot of information and here and people who control a lot, so ask all the doubts you have to sure

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/14/2023 7:18 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@Estherilla
Welcome.
Now you will be very scared and lost.It is normal, we have all been, but you will see how everything is normalized.
You have done very well pointing to the forum because you will not feel so and that is very important.
Ask what you need experience that many know more than many doctors.
Much encouragement.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/14/2023 7:50 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Estherilla, welcome.
The beginning is overwhelming.You have to be patient, point everything that happens to you in the day to identify patterns.The forum offers you moral support and a lot of quality, very useful information.Little by little you will know your illness and learn to handle it.
Courage, you won't feel alone.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/14/2023 9:07 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

estherilla said:
Hello, I present myself. I am Esther and today I have diagnosed me.I'm full of fear !!I'm glad I discovered this chat

@Estherilla Welcome.

Do not worry, at first it is normal to be scared and disoriented.There we have all passed.

Over time you will see that carrying some routines and controls everything is much easier than it seems.

Courage, and do not hesitate to ask everything you want.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/14/2023 11:38 a.m.

Peaceful.Where are you going to pass now.You will see how little by little, with information, the scare is passed.
Courage and ask all doubts that will arise you

Arse's profile photo
Arse
03/14/2023 9:16 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Thank you very much to everyone.Consider Leos ... Today waiting for the analysis confirming the presence of antibodies and I will start with slow insulin 10 units.I am separated with two little children, I'm afraid that I am some kind of reaction or hypos or something being alone with them ... Are they common?I know it is a low dose but I have no idea of ​​this ...

Estherilla
03/14/2023 9:21 p.m.

estherilla said:
thank you all.Consider Leos ... Today waiting for the analysis confirming the presence of antibodies and I will start with slow insulin 10 units.I am separated with two little children, I'm afraid that I am some kind of reaction or hypos or something being alone with them ... Are they common?I know it is a low dose but I have no idea of ​​this ...

Hi Esther!It is normal to be scared and nervous, especially at the beginning.The diagnosis in diabetes (whatever type) changes your life, but calm, here we are all fighting with it and we continue at the foot of the cannon.I have been at the beginning and at the beginning, now it is already part of my life.

The maternity theme: normal to scare you, but look, my aunt is almost 70 years old, debuted with type 1 diabetes with 15 and has been a mother.She is not separated, but her husband was a military and when the girl was little, he sailed.Come on, in the end it spent months away from home, so it was also a bit like being a single mother and before they did not have the media now!At first I had no glucometer ... it was much more complicated to manage diabetes, insulins were not like the current ones ... and still has been a mother of 10 !!I only remember one day, when we had my cousin 10 and I 8 that we were in a park and my aunt put a little white.We gave him sugar that he had in his bag and in the while he traced the hypoglycemia and we continue to play.Normally I saw her always active and playing.It was another mother.

In the end it will be routine for you and your surroundings.And children will give you less importance than you, you'll see.The dose is low but you will adjust it.Quiet, they will give you hypos and hypers, but you will learn to manage them and you will see them coming;)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
03/14/2023 10:36 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

@Estherilla You follow your diabetological education.
I lived alone in my debut, Lada like you, and the diabetological nurse (to whom I went with my mother) put everything black, black ... made me go to live with my parents for a week ... a crazy one.
They dropped me and asked for the discharge because I couldn't take it anymore and went to my house and work (1 hour of my house)

The luck we have is that at the beginning on the honeymoon we do not usually need fast insulin and the reserve helps us to be stable.I put 8-10 units of Lantus (basal insulin) and nothing quick up to 20 months later.

The hypos will have them excessive exogenous insulin, think that your body has its own and uses it when you want, so have juices, soft drinks, I took 10g of sugar dissolved in water and in 15 min like new.
If you see that they give you two days in a row, reduce the basal insulin 2 units.

And above all, that the sensor is prescribed to you so that you are calmer and more controlled.In my time they were not financed, the endocrine explained it to me and I had to make waiting list because they had stock break and they did not admit more customers.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/15/2023 10:39 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, again you have reflected exactly the same thing that happened to me in the debut with Lada.Clavao.

@Estherilla you see how we are many companions who are traveling along the same path to which you end up entering .... Friendly force and learn everything you can.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
03/15/2023 10:26 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Thank you very much for all your advice and support.Really, they encourage (even if I see black now) ... thanks

Estherilla
03/15/2023 10:29 p.m.

@Estherilla: Assume the diagnosis of diabetes (chronic disease) takes time.It's like spending a "duel."Courage and if the subject surpasses you, do not hesitate to ask for psychological help

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/16/2023 10:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Estherilla, if you look nervous and distressed there is also medication that can be prescribed by the header.It is very good to increase serotonin.
At least at the beginning, until you dominate and calm down.
I think you see it more difficult for the responsibility of children, but you'll see that you will have a lot of help with them.And the sensor, they have to put it on you, with that you are already sure.
Do not be afraid of the hypos, they notice each other and stop immediately, with juice, cocacola, sugar .., you will see what is good for you.
If you get just slow it will be much easier.
Much encouragement, that we all learned.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2023 1:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

estherilla said:
thank you all.Consider Leos ... Today waiting for the analysis confirming the presence of antibodies and I will start with slow insulin 10 units.I am separated with two little children, I'm afraid that I am some kind of reaction or hypos or something being alone with them ... Are they common?I know it is a low dose but I have no idea of ​​this ...

If it serves you, I now put on 12 slowly, but I have put up to 18 and I have not had hypos less when I started with the pregnancy that is when I have passed to 12. I do not wear another medication.But if you see that for whatever you get a lot you get the dose a little and from there you are seeing, but I already tell you that even putting me 18 and my pancreas continues to work even if it is regulinchi, because that, what a matter of descent I have notI had until that moment and if something happened to me it has been for example because it came from walking or making some physical effort during the day.It is also possible that especially at the beginning, that it happened to me a lot, if you get off in a certain amount even if it is not hiccups you can feel the typical symptoms of tremors and that I always being above 100 when I went down to 90 seemed thatI was going to give me a hip and no.When you notice something, click and take something that goes up quickly or put it on the table.I do not have your same diabetes, of course, but with the slow I have been calm with the theme of the hypos the truth and the 4 that I had when I started the pregnancy I stopped by lowering doses until I gave me what I was going and although they were nocturnal I gave meaccount

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/18/2023 9:51 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@Estherilla, only the hypos is slow, but if you wake up you will have to go down dose of slow.
You don't worry about the hypo, they notice them right away and take a juice, for example.Sugary drinks or cocacola rise fast.
Put a juice on the bedside table, but when you have the slow one, you will sleep calmly.
If you get the sensor that has alarms, you already fully calm down.
My daughter has been in diabetes for 30 years and never had any serious hypo, they realized on time, and wakes up if you show out.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/18/2023 4:21 p.m.

Thank you very much @regina!I take advantage to ask you: is it so important to always put it at the same time?I started at night but I don't know if I can "make it more flexible" a little or not ... now it's small but I'll go up, I suppose ...

Estherilla
03/18/2023 11:03 p.m.

You have a Matgen of at least two hours.I started putting it in the morning early and last year and peak I decided to try it at night.My strategy was to delay time two or even three hours every day until it arrived at 9 p.m.I try to put it at that time but one day I have made it an hour or more later and I have not had significant changes in blood glucose.
What slow do you use?Toujeo is supposed to effect for more than 24 hours.
I recommend that all these doubts the notes and ask your educator in diabetes.It is the person who will help you best, especially at the beginning.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/18/2023 11:43 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Estherilla The basal insulin can put it +/- 3 hours.
If you use Lantus or Levemir, you have to keep in mind that they do action at 4 o'clock, that is, their greatest effect is at that time and give downtown.That is why they recommend spending it in the morning, to be awake if it gives you the downturn.
If you use toujeo or threeiba, do not turn a peak, they are very stable.
To change the injection time there are many options, to me the one I like the most is to put on the night 5 units and in the morning the other 5 units that I lacked.The next day I already put the 10uds directly in the morning.
It can be done progressively, but for a rare day nothing happens.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2023 8:27 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much.Use Toujeo. I will learn !!

Estherilla
03/19/2023 12:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.