{'en': 'Do you have a maximum of insulin units from which you do not pass for more than comá?', 'es': '¿Tenéis un máximo de unidades de insulina de la cual no pasáis por mas que comáis?'} Image

Do you have a maximum of insulin units from which you do not pass for more than comá?

Sherpa41's profile photo   09/13/2023 1 a.m.

Until a few years ago, my maximum fast insulin was in about 20 units (Humalog), then 30. If I put on more, I noticed how palpitations, even if it was well sugar (the same was fear)

But now that I have a sensor and seems very precise.And as I see that rice and pasta puts me through the clouds, I have been putting on and I have reached the 40 active Humalog units in the body.:#

I don't know if I do well or I get a little looking at the sensor all the time.I have tried to correct myself.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/13/2023 1 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, do you slow?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/13/2023 1:44 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina why do you say it?Now I referred to the rapid.The day I cover it with fast and to sleep I get normal.The slow thing does not make me effect.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/13/2023 1:50 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, is that, without slow, you will need a lot of fast...
I don't know if you have tried the new slow ones, such as Toujeo or Tresiba ..
Anyway, if the sensor tells you good values ​​with those fast units, it will be what you need.
Those who use bombs also go quickly .., you will have thought about it ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/13/2023 5:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Sherpa41: What glycemia value do you have when you get up?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/13/2023 8:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I had put up to 20 units quickly years ago, but I had strong drops and now I never get over 14 units at once, if I need more, I look at it at 2 hours and add a corrector bolus.

I do not know if it is right or wrong, it is what I do based on the experience and because psychologically I can assume it, to think that I carry more insulin in the body, it does not leave me alone, by the unpredictability of the hypos.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/13/2023 8:49 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/13/2023 10:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

50 units? ... woooow ... for me it is veryGood to others.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/13/2023 3:22 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The short answer would be, put what you need to be in range 90-180.

The long answer would be that if you put a total daily amount greater than x units is an indicative of insulin resistance so you would have there to review your diet, physical exercise, stress ...

Where do those x units leave?I do not remember exactly and you would have to google but it was not to exceed 50% of your body weight in units.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/13/2023 3:49 p.m.

What we always talk about ... that each one is a world ...
I have put the best once are 14 at once and because I left for a lot and that day I tribute myself ...
The maximum that I put by fast intake are 6-7 (the day I allow me to eat pasta ...), if not ... 2-3unds ...
For example I think I get a lot of slow ... (two punctures and in total 34-35unds) and I think it's a barbarity ... but I don't notice anything "weird."
Maybe it's suggestion, you think it's a lot of insulin and get nervous ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/13/2023 4:09 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Hello, I pogo 17 units of toujeo at night for 24 hours.I will walk about 4-5 km. All mornings. During the day I usually put about 5-6 units to the food and also to dinner. If I go out eating out or an extra aigùn, I control myself with experience. My endocrineIt recommends a glycosylated between 6.5 and 7, the lower it indicates that I can have episodes of descents, even though, and especially because of the people, sometimes I cannot feel them and can be dangerous. I know my endocrine, the episodes, the episodesDownloads, in the long run they can also have their consequences.
Greetings.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
09/13/2023 4:24 p.m.

I cannot tell you much because I have only 4 years as a diabetic, which is quite little, but I am most fast that I have put at once I think there are 8 units I have ever drew hamburger and beer or breakfast more than more thanHe has a weekend.

I prefer to eat less of hydrates and click less insulin.

The normal thing for a normal day are 6 units for breakfast, from 3 to 5 units at lunch (normally as out of home) and little or nothing at dinner.

On weekends or the days I do not work, I do not usually put me fast because I do not take any hydrates.Some rectification of 2-3 units someday and little else.I call them "my rest days"

I was going with 17 units and at the beginning of the summer I got up to 20 units and there we go.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/13/2023 5:22 p.m.

I get little fast and not very slow, but because I do low food.I put 12 slowly distributed in two and fast from 1.5 to 3.5 units according to.
If I ever have a celebration or I'm going to happen, I get something else but it is rare that exceeds the 8 units.
I do not recommend that you use so much insulin if it is by food theme, better to take less hydrates because so much insulin in the end produces more and more resistance and stores a lot of fat.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/13/2023 5:59 p.m.

@Sherpa41 Without basal insulin, how do you spend the night?You have to have very high values, the rapid ends in 3 hours, how does your body needs your energy needs between meals?
Without insulin, energy does not pass to body cells, especially to the brain that is the great consumer.
Are you type 2 or do you generate some insulin?

As units each what you need according to your lifestyle, food, state, etc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/13/2023 7:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@sherpa41 without basal insulin, how do you spend the night?You have to have very high values, the rapid ends in 3 hours, how does your body needs your energy needs between meals?
Without insulin, energy does not pass to body cells, especially to the brain that is the great consumer.
Are you type 2 or do you generate some insulin?

As units each what you need according to your lifestyle, food, state, etc.

Until recently, the Humalog lasted 6 hours and insulin regulates more than 8. He could even have strong whim of needing up to 2 cans from Cocacola, at 6-7 hours of putting them on.

And also verify it, years ago with continuous sensors.

With that I had enough to cover all day and night.I was always in 6.1 or lower hemoglobin.(Now I'm 7)

I was much better for the body to always have a normal (regular) insulin than not to get slowly that I did not do anything, I felt tired as if I had no insulin in my body.And it would go up a lot.

With 6 regular units I covered me all night, much better than 60 units of the Lantus or NPH.

But it seems to me that a while ago that has already changed.And it doesn't work so well.I am seeing it clearly with the new sensor.Today I have gone to the endocrine to change it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/13/2023 8:46 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
uffff I depend what eate, the slow always the same, but the quick I can put 50 units I am very common and with the sensor I control it well and I have 5.2 of glycosilada

Do you put it before or after?

I am afraid to click much before and then the food is bad or vomit or whatever.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/13/2023 8:51 p.m.

andrespmat
09/13/2023 9:43 p.m.

andrespmat
09/13/2023 10:01 p.m.

If you almost always graphs like these and you are not on a honeymoon, you are my idol in terms of control of the disease.

People who barely eat hydrates and have good values, do not have much merit (in the control of diabetes, if their ability to sacrifice has merit)

But you don't deprive yourself of anything, with several coffee and buns ... and on top of it.I want to get what you do!

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/13/2023 11:09 p.m.

andrespmat
09/13/2023 11:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.