{'en': 'Lose in diabetes I', 'es': 'Bajar de peso Diabetes I'} Image

Lose in diabetes I

SilviaGRZ's profile photo   08/22/2023 6:24 p.m.

Hello!

After a very hard year of personal things that have happened to me, I have uploaded the hemoglobin from 6'7 to 7'2 ...

And apart from that, I have gone up a lot.My endocrine tells me that it is not problematic, and that I focus on lowering hemoglobin because I want to have a baby ... but I animated and in front of the mirror I look very bad ...
I measure 1.52cm and 63kg weight.

I also have some insulin resistance, which makes me put a little more than I should and this makes me fat and is the endless cycle.I currently put on:

Insulate: 0-20
FIAPS: (according to glycemia before meals and rations to be taken and then corrective guideline).

I have tried to get several times to do, but when it is not the heat, it is that I begin to have hypoglycemia (although I get the basal and the fast) and in the end to correct them I feel that as more and that it is useless ...I don't like anything on top ... no sport.For me it is an obligation.

Ooootra once I have put myself with the ex.Before I went out with the bike and made about 14-15km, and now with the heat, I try to make cardio at home ... but I can't stand more than 30 '.I am currently unemployed and I can't pay a gym.

How do you do it?

I have little willpower.But seeing me in the mirror is doing a lot of harm ...

My diet is quite balanced, but I am taking away the few hydrates I ate ... and to see if you clicking less unds.LIKE TO SPORTS ...

It is the fish that bites the tail ...

I need Porfi courage!THANK YOU!!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/22/2023 6:24 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Hi Silvia,

First of all, I want to tell you that you are incredibly brave for sharing your story and your feelings with all of us.Diabetes is a complex disease that affects each person differently, and it is completely understandable to feel frustrated and discouraged at times like this.

I understand that weight gain and hemoglobin can be worrisome to you, especially when you are considering having a baby.However, it is important to remember that each body is different and what works for one person may not work for another.It is essential to listen to your body and find a balance that works for you.

As for exercise, it is completely normal to feel discouraged when you do not see immediate results or when you face obstacles such as hypoglycemia.However, exercise is not only about losing weight or improving physically, but also taking care of your mental and emotional health.If you don't like any particular sport, you might try more relaxing activities such as yoga, pilates or even walking.The important thing is to find something you enjoy and make you feel good.

I know it can be difficult, but try not to be so hard with yourself.You are doing the best you can and that's what really matters.You are not alone in this, and there will always be a community willing to support you and encourage you.

Remember that it is important to follow your endocrine recommendations and work together with him to find the best treatment plan for you.

Here you have us if you feel you need to talk to someone.

Much encouragement and strength, Silvia!We are with you.💪❤️

fer's profile photo
fer
08/22/2023 7:08 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
hello silvia,

First of all, I want to tell you that you are incredibly brave for sharing your story and your feelings with all of us.Diabetes is a complex disease that affects each person differently, and it is completely understandable to feel frustrated and discouraged at times like this.

I understand that weight gain and hemoglobin can be worrisome to you, especially when you are considering having a baby.However, it is important to remember that each body is different and what works for one person may not work for another.It is essential to listen to your body and find a balance that works for you.

As for exercise, it is completely normal to feel discouraged when you do not see immediate results or when you face obstacles such as hypoglycemia.However, exercise is not only about losing weight or improving physically, but also taking care of your mental and emotional health.If you don't like any particular sport, you might try more relaxing activities such as yoga, pilates or even walking.The important thing is to find something you enjoy and make you feel good.

I know it can be difficult, but try not to be so hard with yourself.You are doing the best you can and that's what really matters.You are not alone in this, and there will always be a community willing to support you and encourage you.

Remember that it is important to follow your endocrine recommendations and work together with him to find the best treatment plan for you.

Here you have us if you feel you need to talk to someone.

Much encouragement and strength, Silvia!We are with you.💪❤️

Thank you very much.It is so important to feel understood ... and sometimes we are not for many people around us and love us ... being diabetic is much more than clicking and "not eating sugar" ... but many people do not know what's beyond.

SilviaGRZ
08/22/2023 7:19 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

@Silvia, I don't know if with that insulin give you hypoglycemia that make you eat more.
If the insulin you use allows you to make low diet in hydrates, without eating between hours, you will see how you go down quickly.
Much encouragement!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/23/2023 1:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Silviagrz: To lose weight there are no magical recipes.It's about eating less and exercising more.If you don't like sport, you can start walking a minimum of 30 or 45 minutes every day.Try to walk instead of taking the car in short distances, climbing stairs instead of taking the elevator, getting off a stop before if you go by bus or subway, ... if you eat less and do more exercise you will have to lower the dose ofInsulin to avoid hypos.I guess you wear a sensor that will be very helpful.Dare and tell us how you evolve

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/23/2023 11:23 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

What works for me best to exercise strength are elastic bands for a ridiculous price you have the gym at home, you can do the ones you like best or suits you, I put an example link as an example but on the Internet there are hundredsAnd if already complete with walks or stasop

Link ?GClid=CJ0KCQJW3JANBHCPARISAJPXTX4GDH_BG7JEL3GYJPZFDPBQUFWLRR9QT3HY79CWS5BICZGRCWMQ3JSAAGS6EALW_WCB

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/23/2023 12:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Silviagrz I understand you perfectly.It also happens to me.
I managed to lose 10kg with a low hydrates diet, maximum 40g a day.Upon entering ketosis I began to burn fat.I also did some more sport at home with cardio videos.
It is very sacrificed but it is worth it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/23/2023 3:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi @silviagrz I also went through the same as you.When he exercised he fell into hypoglycemia and had to trace eating something that boycotted my attempt to lose weight.

To lose weight it is necessary to make caloric deficit.Better that he is not very pronounced to avoid slowing metabolism (which means entering a vicious circle of eating little, having low energy and not lingging, even fattening) with 200 kcal of daily deficit is sufficient.

It is essential to move.10,000 daily steps (now in heat wave it is practically impossible) and the exercise of force is highly recommended.With that exercise (weights, elastic rubber) you increase the muscle.

The muscle consumes glucose even at rest so it is phenomenal.

Highly recommended intermittent fasting.That is not something strange, difficult or dangerous;Simply leave a space of at least 13 hours between the last meal of the day and breakfast the next day.Or Early dinner or breakfasts in mid -morning, instead of newly raised.Salty breakfast, rich in proteins and fats;avocado eggs, ham, with protein bread (or without bread)

You have to be realistic:

1. Making diet is unpleasant.It is hard for us to deprive ourselves with foods that we like and reduce amounts.
2. The 10,000 steps are not an easy goal.You have to find 7km gap approx, more or less an hour and a half (it is not necessary to do them in a row)
3. The exercise of force is boring and heavy.The good thing is that with a routine of 20 to 30 minutes you have fulfilled.
4. The exploding fasting at the beginning (wander 8 weeks) is made uphill.You have to overcome the feeling of hunger with will and fight the feeling of weakness.After that time you have taken the habit and not only do not go hungry but you train on an empty stomach without suffering hypoglycemia.

There is an app called Fatsecret (free) where you put your personal parameters (size, weight, age, objective,) and tells you the kcal that you must take every day.It allows you to point out what you eat at each meal, food for food, and calculate the kcal, hydrates, proteins and fats of each intake.The first two weeks it is convenient for you to be methodical and weighs every thing you are going to eat so that the calculation is necessary.Then, by eye.

In the end it is not about diet and exercise to lose weight x kg and return to what he did before.It's about changing habits permanently, forever.

If you lack motivation or willpower, see incorporating the new habits of one by one.When you have been doing something new for two weeks and you think you've got used to it, add something else, so you can incorporate new routines into your day to day.

Search for YouTube for strength exercise routines that have music that you like and are pleasant.

Look for Keto or lowcarb cooking recipes that are easy to drink and look like you appetizing.

Take advantage that you have all your time (for being unemployed) to take care of yourself.

Much encouragement and good luck.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/23/2023 4:42 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Regina Thank you for your words!Well, I use Insulatard just because Levemir gave me reaction ... (first time that an insulin gives me "allergy").They told me that for a future pregnancy was the best ... I used to use Lantus and Toujeo.What more insulins do you know?
If I do not do, and as "normal", well.But I am going down little by little ... because I have been taking it seriously for 3 days ... reducing HC rations and doing 20/30 'of cardio and descent after descent ... to see if I give it ... 😥

SilviaGRZ
08/23/2023 10:22 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

@ENSALADA Thank you for your detailed comment ... and with so many things.
I just downloaded the app, to see if I clarify and I know how to use it 🤣
I think my problem is not so much food ... because I take care of it.But my life (I know it's wrong) is very sedentary, because I started studying and spending hours in the chair ... and between a little depression, the study, etc ... I have abandoned myself and the exerciseis fundamental ...
In my case, what glycemia and little insulin I need when I am constant is incredible.
But I don't like it, as long as I take rhythm, whatever "and abandonment ... etc ... I have taken a lot of weight, and of course, I want quick results and overwhelm ...
I've been exercising and eating less.Today for example, two hypoglycemia ... I have taken half a glass of skim milk ... (I do not swell), but of course I already think: in total 1 glass of milk that I did not need ... and I already frustrated myself ...
I know I have to be realistic and tenacious ...
Thanks for your encouragement!Hugs.

SilviaGRZ
08/23/2023 10:29 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

@Silviagrz: Do not exercise with active fast insulin, that is, wait for 2 hours since you get the quick

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/23/2023 10:36 p.m.

@Ruthbia your comment is very important for me ... It makes me see that you can!Hopefully all your comments help me not to lose your willpower ...
I do Cardio 20-30 and I feel that I die ... and then I see people who throw hours in the gym, hahahaha, how am I going to get to that!🤣

SilviaGRZ
08/23/2023 11:23 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

@diabestico is what I have at home!Esterilla, elastic bands, dumbbells and a comma.
I will follow your advice and put videos, maybe motivate me more than "invent them."
Although I also tell you that I am in very low shape and at 30 'I am to call 112 🤭

SilviaGRZ
08/23/2023 11:26 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

@Ricki21 Thank you very much for your advice!Really, they help me a lot to continue 😉

SilviaGRZ
08/23/2023 11:27 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
@regina Thank you for your words!Well, I use Insulatard just because Levemir gave me reaction ... (first time that an insulin gives me "allergy").They told me that for a future pregnancy was the best ... I used to use Lantus and Toujeo.What more insulins do you know?
If I do not do, and as "normal", well.But I am going down little by little ... because I have been taking it seriously for 3 days ... reducing HC rations and doing 20/30 'of cardio and descent after descent ... to see if I give it ... 😥

@Silviagrz, is the toujeo I was thinking about.My daughter has been good to reduce hydrates and hypos.
Didn't it come well to you?I think it is also tested in pregnancies, although I don't know it.But Lantus yes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/24/2023 4:35 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning, I never understood that the insulin "fattens" I have seen any explanation but I do not finish understanding it

I have increased 2 kilos this summer but I have not really eaten much more, I think I am more swollen and I do not want to get that fanzon due to diabetes related issues
Greetings

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
08/25/2023 9:30 a.m.

The following link explains the relationship between insulin and weight gain and what can be done to minimize that possible weight gain.
Link Control%20de%20la%20Diabetes.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/25/2023 12:28 p.m.

What things are, I have the opposite problem.
Weight 72 kilos for 187 centimeters and I would like to gain weight 5 or 6 kilos and there is no way.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
08/25/2023 1:21 p.m.

@Sandman you give you 🤣

SilviaGRZ
08/25/2023 7:44 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

sandman said:
what things are, I have the opposite problem.
Weight 72 kilos for 187 centimeters and I would like to gain weight 5 or 6 kilos and there is no way.

Well, as easy as goals more calories and go to the gym and exercise weight ..., you'll see how you fatterly fattened !!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
08/26/2023 1:20 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.