{'en': 'Typical Spanish "Las Cañas"', 'es': 'Typical Spanish "Las cañas"'} Image

Typical Spanish "Las Cañas"

SilviaGRZ's profile photo   09/22/2023 12:01 p.m.

Maybe it's an absurd issue ... forgive!

I am curious, when you get out of "reeds", what do you usually drink/drink?

Sometimes I punish myI am not enjoying, and I swell ... and I don't know if it's normal to be clicking on each round ...

How do you do it?

What alternatives do you take?

Because in bars there is nothing ...

Thank you!!!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/22/2023 12:01 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

A very good option is the red with a landlord, does not affect blood glucose and gives you the little dot that beer gives you, or a red redness, always better than the beer that drives glycemia crazy

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/22/2023 12:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

silviagrz said:
maybe it's an absurd theme ... forgive!
I am curious, when you get out of "reeds", what do you usually drink/drink?
Sometimes I punish myI am not enjoying, and I swell ... and I don't know if it's normal to be clicking on each round ...
How do you do it?What alternatives Tomás Zero?Because in bars there is nothing ...

It depends on what you like.I already discarded the beer because it goes up a lot and then goes down abruptly.It is a roller coaster.

During this summer I have been drinking the homemade summer and if not then red wine.In the desktop I like some rum with a zero tail or a gin with zero tonic.

If I am going to eat something on the street I try to take the necessary hydrates to throw (when I take alcohol I never put myself quickly in the meals because you join the desulin's descent with the hypoglycemic effect of alcohol and is a fucking mess).I prefer not to drink first hydrates and take them as I see the trend with the sensor, but always without clicking.

If you don't drink alcohol, then yes, put the insulin just as you would put it at home.And then, I know, if you get tired of the zero tail, then a coffee or a tea.There already to everyone's taste.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/22/2023 1:20 p.m.

I agree with @sandman in the method, it is not ideal, but surely, I had a very severe hypoglycemia for years when I had consumed enough alcohol ... and I do not recommend it to anyone, I had a fatal ... so better to be morevery high and control with several punctures.

In my case, I have come to the conclusion that it does not compensate me to "go out" or "of reeds" with the problem that generates me in the glycemic control, to be sure I tend to be high, and then I need enough hours to normalize.

To compensate for me, the departure has to be really exceptional and I have to have a great time ", otherwise, the typical weekend dinners/meals that other people do normally, I assume almost as a punishment,for the damages that generate me.

It costs a lot to control when the environment eats and drinks generously, as if that were not enough, sometimes I opt for the Cocacola Zero with what automatically happened to be "the boring" of the group, in short ... it is what we have to cope with thediabetes.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/22/2023 2:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Water with 2 lemon slices and cubes = gin tonic

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/22/2023 3:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Thank you all for sharing ... because something so "everyday", it is "punishment" or "a roll."I had never raised if I was doing it "bad."

I have a good time with the conversation and of course it is to see friends, but it is that in my case I do not like alcohol ... but of course, I can not drink soft drinks, juices, or a simple must ... sometimesI say: come one.And I get fast ...
But what you say, you can't be like this because in the end it is an lack of control ...
As soon as you have 200 and peak or hypoglycemia.
Before I asked the waiter, do you have Fanta Zero?Something zero ...?He looked at me with a face of: And this ...?I've already tired and I'm quickly: Coca Cola.
But of course ... if you are 3h on a terrace salts like a globe ... and it is not good either.

And the subject of the tapas is nothing ... neither the patatillas they put, nor anything ...
For me that is another world ... or eat rations with those oils ... that even if it is "chicken", I am 300 ...

SilviaGRZ
09/22/2023 4:48 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

@Fer is that that happens to me, there are times that I am not going, because I say: they will have dinner of rations or such or in places that you cannot choose another alternative, I will spend the night measuring and rectifying ... Can Icompensates ...?Puff

SilviaGRZ
09/22/2023 4:50 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

fer said:
coincide with @sandman in the method, it is not ideal, but surely, years ago I had a very severe hypoglycemia when I had consumed enough alcohol ... and I do not recommend it toNo one, I had a fatal ... so better to be high and control with several punctures.

In my case, I have come to the conclusion that it does not compensate me to "go out" or "of reeds" with the problem that generates me in the glycemic control, to be sure I tend to be high, and then I need enough hours to normalize.

To compensate for me, the departure has to be really exceptional and I have to have a great time ", otherwise, the typical weekend dinners/meals that other people do normally, I assume almost as a punishment,for the damages that generate me.

It costs a lot to control when the environment eats and drinks generously, as if that were not enough, sometimes I opt for the Cocacola Zero with what automatically happened to be "the boring" of the group, in short ... it is what we have to cope with theDiabetes.

I understand that I still have to have some pancreatic reserve because I do so since I debuted and I have not had any problem yet.

My first year I did not drink because the endocrine put me a terrible fear with the consumption of alcohol and happened to you, I was very overwhelmed with friends.

Then I tried little by little and, except the fact of drinking in less quantity and having to be continually pending the mobile, I have not had major problems (some small hangover, yes): P

The use of the sensor makes control much facilitates and gives me more peace of mind to enjoy in those moments you are having a good time.

The previous two years, with the glucometer, it was a bit coded to control that everything was going well and consequently most of the time I chose to stay at home and take away from messes.

While I can continue doing it the same.At the moment when the pros are greater than the cons. Logically, I will have to change my habits.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/22/2023 4:52 p.m.

@Silviagrz I ask Coca Zero, to the second I am fed up and change to Verdejo wine .... it does not climb me and allows me to follow the rounds.
It also came with soda, summer red, which carries vermou, cognac and sugars.

The tapas as they are, pick up without problems, potatoes and others leave them to others.I go out every day before dinner with my boy, he takes both tapas with his bottle and I my wine or coca zero as I feel like.
For the wine I need antiestaminic, they are beginning to allergy the sulphites of the wine.I carry an insulin inhaler with me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/23/2023 7:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When I left, Coca Cola Light or Zero always took, I don't like alcohol very much and also causes me sensations in the body similar to a descent, that they mislead me a lot.Even a glass of wine in food.

Unfortunately I have also had to leave Coca Cola Zero for the caffeine, it causes migraines with terrible aura.And finding zero-zero in a bar is practically impossible.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/23/2023 11:58 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, the Zerozero already finds her without problems, I always ask.There are also nestea without sugar.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/24/2023 6:59 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina Well I nestea, nothing ...
I could see at least Fanta ... that there is also zero or sprite ... but nothing.
I always ask the waiter and look at me like, but and this ...?At least I would change so much Coca Cola ...

SilviaGRZ
09/24/2023 9:15 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

A glass of red, drink very little by little to savor it

Andres_Javier's profile photo
Andres_Javier
09/24/2023 11:08 a.m.

I drink a beer, just one.
The truth is that I am no longer "reed".Whenever I stay or eat or dinner.
My strategy is: Mineral water without gas with lemon and ice crane.It takes away my thirst and looks glamorous, it seems that you are taking something special.Then, when we have already asked for the rations and I can calculate how many hydrates I will eat I drink a beer at the time of the food.If the beer runs out and there is food, I ask for a glass of wine.
I usually prick half more than what I normally calculate, because the sauces and dressings can have sugar (what mania of throwing sugar and the damn "reduce from ...").
If in the end I see that the HC have fallen short, I rob someone a tablespoon of the dessert.
If there is any dessert that I feel like a lot (weird) I get more insulin and zampo without regrets.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/24/2023 1:11 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

ruthbia said:
@silviagrz I ask coca zero, to the second I am fed up and change to green wine .... it does not climb me and allows me to follow the rounds.
It also came with soda, summer red, which carries vermou, cognac and sugars.

The tapas as they are, pick up without problems, potatoes and others leave them to others.I go out every day before dinner with my boy, he takes both tapas with his bottle and I my wine or coca zero as I feel like.
For the wine I need antiestaminic, they are beginning to allergy the sulphites of the wine.I carry an insulin inhaler with me.

In Andalusia the summer red is red with a white or homemade homemade, wears nothing.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/24/2023 10:19 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have discarded the beer already when I go out, it rises quite and quickly.I only take one of the landowner at home that someone suggested here once and is low in hydrates.
When I go out, I have passed to the summer red (it happens to me like @isabelbota, they only throw wine and soda, since it can be chosen between this or lemon).Other times, I take a glass of wine and voila.I also have located a couple of sites that have Zero tonic for the day of more celebration ... with that I am happening.But it is true that I miss being able to take a beer without major complications.
On the other hand, the caps is a roll.Until about six months ago, I could take a couple of them and with the slow one I was covered.Now I think I no longer have insulin reservation, and with two tapas, if they carry bread and something else, I have to click.There is no other than always very aware :(

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/25/2023 9:29 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

As I don't drink alcohol, I have it "easy", beer without, tail and tonic zero, vichy water.

tollo's profile photo
tollo
09/25/2023 10:46 a.m.

DM1 Debut: Mayo 2022
FreeStyle Libre 2
Novorapid: 3ud desayuno + 3ud comida + 3ud cena.
Toujeo: 20 ud noche.
HbA1: Mayo22 11.6% Julio22 7.5% Sept22 6.5% Agost23 6.2%

@Tollo but beer, even without alcohol, goes up equally.For me it is not an option.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/25/2023 12:28 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
@tollo but beer, even in alcohol, goes up equally.For me it is not an option.

Indeed "without" beer is a hydrates pump.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/25/2023 1:14 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

carussa said:
I have discarded beer already when I go out, it rises quite and quickly.I only take one of the landowner at home that someone suggested here once and is low in hydrates.
When I go out, I have passed to the summer red (it happens to me like @isabelbota, they only throw wine and soda, since it can be chosen between this or lemon).Other times, I take a glass of wine and voila.I also have located a couple of sites that have Zero tonic for the day of more celebration ... with that I am happening.But it is true that I miss being able to take a beer without major complications.
On the other hand, the caps is a roll.Until about six months ago, I could take a couple of them and with the slow one I was covered.Now I think I no longer have insulin reservation, and with two tapas, if they carry bread and something else, I have to click.There is no other than always very aware: (

I think I remember that it was the one who recommended it to you.I is the only one I can take without glying in minutes.A 330cl can rises from the order of 20-25 glucose and then goes down again to the level you were (when you return to that level, because you take another one: P)

What I do not understand how the main brands of beers do not have in their immense catalog any option of low beer in hydrates that could be found more easily in the bars.

But come on, to eat on the street, I approve of a perfect with a red wine.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/25/2023 1:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.