{'en': 'Differences between blood test and freestyle sensor', 'es': 'Diferencias entre la prueba en sangre y por el sensor FreeStyle'} Image

Differences between blood test and freestyle sensor

Hfmbbcx's profile photo   10/26/2023 3:18 p.m.

@joelsa, my daughter marked her as 20 less, so she put the alarm between 50 and 150, because if not, I let her sleep, marking hypos that she didn't have.
Now with the new update it seems that it is more accurate.
You have to look at how you go to you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2023 3:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I had the same problem with freestyle, if I was in rank there was no problem, but hypoglycemia did not detect them well.The other day the sensor marked me 85 and I was really 37.I am also pregnant and should be between 65 and 100 according to my endocrine, so it is even more dangerous for having to be on the verge of hiccups almost.
I told my endocrine and told me that it could not be, that I had already noticed that there are people to whom the freestyle does not detect the hypo well.He told me that normally the sensors have a greater sensitivity to the hypo and that if I am at 60 the sensor should mark even less to warn before and not have scares.This week has changed me to Dexcom One and for the moment I see that it detects them before, if I am in 65, the sensor marks me 50.

I would talk to your endocrinology team and ask them if there is an option to change the sensor.

Mireia's profile photo
Mireia
12/10/2023 11:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It makes me funny when we tell the endocrine and says it can't be ...
Let's see, we are not going to invent it, it's even upset ...
They will know about theory, but we much more of practice, which in the end is reality ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/10/2023 7:22 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota to me one of the many endocrine that I have had throughout these years, entered me ... because it was not believed that certain things would happen to me ...
I was a teenager and it was thought that I lied to my parents and that I was in a "bad age."
I wanted to check firsthand.And what if he checked ... so much that once I made my pleasure that I saw that my diabetes was not from the book that he had studied, I told him that until never again and that another cubaya was sought ...

A pity.There are wonderful professionals, who have a lack of time and would like to help us more and others because their note gave him for medicine and although they have no empathy should study that career by tradition, by renown, etc ... etc.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
12/10/2023 10:08 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@Silvia, those endocrine were the ones who fueled patients for having hypos or hypers ... but from the sensors they can no longer do that.
On the other hand, the best, they always knew what was happening and knew it was the diabetic himself who could best adjust the treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/11/2023 2:42 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

silviagrz said:

A pity.There are wonderful professionals, who are lacking in time and would like to help us more and others because their note gave him for medicine and although they have no empathy should study that career by tradition, by renown, etc ... etc.

How right, there are "doctors" who have fair empathy to be hardware assistants and others who believe they are professors and gray matter does not give them.Unfortunately it happens in many sectors but in the sanitary one is missing more empathy and professionalism.From what I have read I think that, in most cases, our best doctors will end up being ourselves.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/15/2023 8:56 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Endo has told me that there can be differences in the sensor of 20-30 and up to 40% when the values ​​are not stable, don't you think much?

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
12/15/2023 9:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Joelsa said:
Endo has told me that there can be differences in the sensor of 20-30 and up to 40% when the values ​​are not stable, don't you think much?

Yes, but those who manufacture it to a 70-80 difference with the capillary consider it assumable and acceptable ... that is, it can mark me 110 and have 40 ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
12/15/2023 10:36 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Joelsa said:

If it were 20/30 it would be acceptable.But when there is hyper, hypos or sudden changes the differences can be greater.But well, knowing it is checked and that's it.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/16/2023 1:07 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.