{'en': 'Help with breakfast', 'es': 'Ayuda con los desayunos'} Image

Help with breakfast

mascota17's profile photo   03/08/2024 9:46 a.m.

My son was uploaded a lot at the beginning.They advised us to use whole milk (their glycemic index is lower than that of the skim) and usually takes the 100% integral bollitos of Mercadona (about 50 g each).If you add a slow avocado fatty fat plus absorption.When he takes some fruit, he does it in the end because we have also proven that the order of the intake affects a lot.Greetings!

jmblanco's profile photo
jmblanco
03/11/2024 5:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have not tried many, but this is one of the most like.It has more HC than other proteins, but it is flavor is good.Of the Carrefour brand.
It is worth about 3, 50 euros.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/11/2024 9:33 p.m.

These are the admission

Anaisabel
03/11/2024 9:35 p.m.

Well, I'm telling you.
As I told you, I'm going to prove that I feel the bread made at home and look for a recipe that has a good taste and good eating.
Today I have made a bread with:
Rye flour 80%
10% whole wheat flour
10% wheat flour
Centeno mother mass prepared by me
Baker's yeast
Water and salt.
I was surprised for the taste and texture of this bread, very rich and does not give the feeling of having straw in my mouth.
At the moment the glucose levels have not given a high climb, I started the food with 136 and at 2 hours I have 152. I think you can add something more to this bread to make it even more appetizing even, like seeds or something.
I leave you a picture of the bread so you can see it and leave your opinions.

mascota17's profile photo
mascota17
03/13/2024 2:35 p.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

pet17 said:
well I tell you.
As I told you, I'm going to prove that I feel the bread made at home and look for a recipe that has a good taste and good eating.
Rye flour 80%
10% whole wheat flour
10% wheat flour
Baker's yeast
Water and salt.
I was surprised for the taste and texture of this bread, very rich and does not give the feeling of having straw in my mouth.
At the moment the glucose levels have not given a high climb, I started the food with 136 and at 2 hours I have 152. I think you can add something more to this bread to make it even more appetizing even, like seeds or something.

It looks very good, and you have managed to control the peak.Congratulations!
You will already give us the recipe, but it seems complicated (that of mother dough made by you ... you must be cocinitas ...)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/13/2024 2:43 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It looks very good, and you have managed to control the peak.Congratulations!
You will already give us the recipe, but it seems complicated (that of mother dough made by you ... you must be cocinitas ...)

It is not so difficult.The mother dough is very simple to do.You just have to put a tablespoon of flour and another of water to make a ball and leave it in a bottle.Flour and water are added every day for a week or so and you will see how bubbles are formed in the dough and has an alcoholic smell.It has no more.The most complex thing is to find the time to handle all this to cool the mother dough, knead the bread and bake it but as I do for me it will only last 4 or 5 days the bread I have made.

mascota17
03/13/2024 3:20 p.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

pet17 said:
well I tell you.
Rye flour 80%
10% whole wheat flour
10% wheat flour
Baker's yeast
Water and salt.

Do you plan to make home shipments?;)

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/13/2024 5:04 p.m.

sandman said:

Do you plan to make home shipments?;)

Thanks for your comment.I'm glad you liked it.

mascota17
03/13/2024 5:09 p.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

ruthbia said:
almond milk zero is really bad.
I have become accustomed to the White Brand Saver Saver of Savorramas that the Don Simon packaging.It has 1g/100ml.
Proteic bread is like everything, getting used, there is nothing like the people's bread in a lifetime.
Like I am more sweet, I put a nipple sugar -free layer.And always roasted that makes it more affordable to the palate.

I do not make a difference with normal milk in glycemia.
I make coffee with a lot of coffee and little milk so I prefer it, I do not like any drink of these, neither the soy or anything like that (which also do not recommend because I have associated autoimmune hypothyroidism), they give me fatigue.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/13/2024 10:17 p.m.

@Mascota17 What a paint of bread!You have been very professional, surely it is great.
What have you accompanied?avocado and some protein and there is a delicious and nutritious breakfast.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/14/2024 9:32 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
@pet17 what a paint of bread!You have been very professional, surely it is great.
What have you accompanied?avocado and some protein and a delicious and nutritious breakfast remains.

I take 2 slices and I ondue, I put some tomato with a splash of oil and ham.
Today as I had no tomatoes I have put only the oil and ham with soft cheese.
I have to try avocado, hard egg and turkey that I think will like me a lot.
The truth is that listening to all your comments and your experiences I learn how I must eat.I see that it is not a matter of eating very little and having a bad time, but eating well and what is due.

mascota17
03/14/2024 1:39 p.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

Hello,

If you learn to manage, breakfast of people suffering from diabetes should not be different from those of a person without the disease with a balanced diet.

Who does the protein bread (and like), perfect, but there is no reason to deprive yourself of baking wheat bread because for that is the insulin.

It is not simple, but just observe what each body needs.In the case of our daughter, he needs 10 minutes of waiting after administering insulin in all meals except for breakfast, which needs 20 or 25 minutes, according to his glycemia before the intake.In addition, it requires 1 insulin unit to cover 8 grams of HC when in other meals are 20gr.That is, at breakfast needs more than double insulin for each ration of hydrates than in the rest of meals.

Once you know it, zero peaks and it is not deprived of a good baking bread, or drinking milk with lactose.

In summary: with more insulin and more waiting time (not at the table in front of the toast, of course), breakfast can be controlled perfectly.

Greetings and encouragement.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/17/2024 5:05 p.m.

@Diegoc
It is not exactly so, it is that in diabetes each is different.To take white bread I have to prick an hour before and it is not worth it.Neither for waiting nor for the risk of hiccups.
Then there are fruits that is also impossible to control them, because they go up very fast and also go down very fast, so to square the insulin is impossible, because or I do peak, or if I wait a lot and I do not do it then I enter hiccup.
I understand that it depends on each person, but many have limitations.

isabelbota
03/18/2024 8:16 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelBota is because diabetes itself is a limitation.It is true what you say that each person is a world, and it is not surprising that you do not want to eat white bread if you have to wait 1 hour since you put the insulin.I would not give up and talk to my endocrine, because with the ultra fast insulins that exist today it is very rare that you have to wait 1 hour.I read enough people from different groups that have the same problem with breakfast and there are those who have to wait only 15 and others up to 25-30 minutes that take the opportunity to do some other task before breakfast.You wait for 1 hour the truth is that I had not read it (unless they are very high, and have to lower them) and maybe it can have to do with the type of insulin you use.Is it ultra fast?

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/18/2024 9:35 a.m.

diegoc said:
@Isabelbota because diabetes itself is a limitation.It is true what you say that each person is a world, and it is not surprising that you do not want to eat white bread if you have to wait 1 hour since you put the insulin.I would not give up and talk to my endocrine, because with the ultra fast insulins that exist today it is very rare that you have to wait 1 hour.I read enough people from different groups that have the same problem with breakfast and there are those who have to wait only 15 and others up to 25-30 minutes that take the opportunity to do some other task before breakfast.You wait for 1 hour the truth is that I had not read it (unless they are very high, and have to lower them) and maybe it can have to do with the type of insulin you use.Is it ultra fast?

My normal wait with the bread I take (a half integral with seeds) is half an hour, but there is no problem, I take advantage of how you say to make the bed and other things and while preparing breakfast it happens.And the bread is very good, I do not miss the white bread.
Regarding insulin, it is Humalog Junior, it is not ultra fast, but it is doing very well, because it has half units and because except for breakfast, I am of slow digestions, better not to be so fast.
I stay as I am ...

isabelbota
03/18/2024 10:41 a.m.

Surely you have the insulin that is best and your endocrine will be prescribing you the one that suits you.

But ultra fast means that it makes fast effect, not that its duration is lower.For example, FIASP is also with fractions of half units and its duration is 3h.

But in the end each with the help of their doctor knows what is best, what's doubt.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/18/2024 1:22 p.m.

Fiasco is in half units? .. and what is the name of?

Anaisabel
03/18/2024 5:49 p.m.

It is difficult to match the maximum effect of the rapInsulin, hormonal theme in women, slower digestions ..., with what is right is a lottery.And it also depends on what each one considers peak.For my peak it is more than 140. Cdo as normal bread, at 0.2 I put myself e.250, wait for what I expect, and the bad is not that but it takes hours and hours to return to an acceptable range.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/18/2024 5:52 p.m.

Yes, it is difficult to match the rise in glycemia with the effect of insulin, each one has yours and can only be discovered by trial and error.

In your case, think that, waiting for what you expect, you get on 250, it does not seem to be for a waiting time problem or to coincide the effect of insulin with your glycemia rise, but of lack of insulin.

For us it is less complicated if it is always the same intake, that is, the same amount of bread (60 gr toast, for example).So if we see that we get a lot we can inject more the quantity the next day until we give the dose we need for that amount of bread.

Unfortunately another factor that affects a lot is breakfast time.It works if we always have breakfast at the same time.But this is no longer just a problem with breakfast, the same thing happens with the rest of meals.As one day we eat at 3pm instead of at 2pm, or we think or cease a little later, insulin needs change.

All the best.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/18/2024 6:05 p.m.

anaisabel said:
fiasco is in half units? .. and what is the name?

Yes, Fiasp bolis allow fractional doses in half units.It is going very well for children or people who need little insulin.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/18/2024 6:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.