{'en': 'Help with breakfast', 'es': 'Ayuda con los desayunos'} Image

Help with breakfast

mascota17's profile photo   03/08/2024 9:46 a.m.

I have a problem that we do not know how to solve.

The endocrine has recommended me for breakfast drink a glass of coffee with milk and a 45gr toast of bread with oil or tomato.

I do that for breakfast and I have not left over bread I put 2 slices of bread without whole sugar and even putting 4 units of fast insulin gives me a high of touching the 300, it does not matter if I go out to walk 5/7KMOr I don't.

I don't know what to do with this issue that has me desperate.

What breakfast and what is your experience?

Thank you.

mascota17's profile photo
mascota17
03/08/2024 9:46 a.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

pet17 said:
I have a problem that we don't know how to solve.
The endocrine has recommended me for breakfast drink a glass of coffee with milk and a 45gr toast of bread with oil or tomato.
I do that for breakfast and I haven't left over bread I put 2 slices of bread without integral sugar and even put 4 units of fast insulin units it gives me a climb to touch the 300, it doesn't matter if I go out to walk 5/7KMOr I don't.
I don't know what to do with this issue that has me desperate.
What breakfast and what is your experience?
Thank you.

Discard the mold bread, white bread and the like.It's like poison to us.You will never be able to control the peaks.

Take only 100% integral bread or protein bread.I am lately taking a 55% rye bread of the Mercadona that does not usually pass me 150-180 (there are loose days that rises much more, but hey, this is diabetes)

There are many breads to choose from.It is a matter that you test and find the one that best goes.He just tries to find that they do not have too many hydrates.The one that I tell you of rye has 16 grams per slice of 45 grams, so the breakfast sandwich comes out for 3 portions more or less.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/08/2024 12:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I take note.This bread in theory is 100% integral but to know what they throw them.I will try that rye bread that you tell me.Thank you very much for your advice.

mascota17
03/08/2024 1:42 p.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

The integral bread has the same carbohydrates as the refined flour bread, only it rises more slowly.
If you do not want peaks, eliminate hydrates, pass the protein.
I breakfast coffee with sugar -free soy milk (1g/Hc per 100ml) and Aldi proteins (6g/Hc per 100g).I haven't had spikes for 3 years.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/08/2024 5:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
the whole bread has the same carbohydrates as refined flour bread, only it rises more slowly.
If you do not want peaks, eliminate hydrates, pass the protein.
I breakfast coffee with sugar -free soy milk (1g/Hc per 100ml) and Aldi proteins (6g/Hc per 100g).I haven't had spikes for 3 years.

I sign it too.I have seen it on the web for 1.99 so for that price I buy it and try it to see how it knows me and if I like it and it is good for my blood glucose because better than better.

mascota17
03/08/2024 8:18 p.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

The protein bread has to like you.I use it on routes to not put insulin but it knows me very artificial, after all it is still a process.
In general, normal bread breakfast.After trying many half -bun from a bread from Mercadona with seeds (it is with an integral part).I don't know why it is better than the normal integral.Putting the insulin half an hour before eating I fit the bread peak and I hardly give peaks (between 120 and 150 at most).
Centeno is not bad but I can't find a format to eat over 40/50 gr, which is what I usually have breakfast.The bun is 80 gr, but it weighs a lot and is small, so that with a half psychologically I am hungry.
I was a time trying all kinds of bread because with the target it was impossible to avoid the peak and in the end I do well and I like these two.
But as each one is different, I advise you to test until you are with yours.
And it is also important to calculate the waiting time to leave to match glucose rise with insulin action peak.I already tell you that I was trying and in my case, with those loaves, it's half an hour.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/08/2024 9:08 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Yes, yes, it is right @isabelbota, I used to take normal or integral bread and put insulin 45 min before to match the action of the medication with food absorption.
I don't have to expect anything with the protein.But it is true that bread does not have a delicious taste, the best I have tried is from L'Eclerc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/08/2024 9:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

For me the best is that they sell in Decathlon.I have not tried the L'Eclerc, I don't know where it is sold.

isabelbota
03/08/2024 9:44 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I'm going to test all your advice.Although I have been diagnosed with diabetes for several years, the truth is that my endocrine has not given me a feeding plan or told me how and when I insulin.I'm blind that it is said.When I get up, I measure myself and then the units that I believe and then breakfast.do.Walk at my pace, slow, but from what I see is not enough.The fact is that all this begins to get a ball and it costs me a lot.I appreciate all your advice given from your own experience.

mascota17
03/08/2024 10:20 p.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

I'm glad it serves you.
Ah, and I forgot.If you put protein bread (tuna, ham ...) it rises less fast than with little.(And fills you longer).
And milk ...
I went to the Zero del Mercadona almonds that has zero hydrates.
In the end everything counts.

isabelbota
03/08/2024 11:17 p.m.

@Mascota17: Try to buy integral or rye bread in a bakery.Forget about "baguets" and packaged mold breads that rise a lot.You can also try the integral oatmeal.I make a porridge or "porridge" with water, nuts, a small block of apple and a little olive oil.It's a bit weird but it works for me

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/09/2024 3:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Lately if I can, I make my bread with ground almond instead of wheat flour, chopping and freezing it.Other times I do it with a Lidl protein flour that carries 15 g of HC per 100, I have tried that of the Aldi and the primate opponent, I like the latter more, although it is true that they are ultra processed products.There are other options apart from the PAN but it is true that in Spain it is also complicated by culture, to dispense with bread at breakfast.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/09/2024 5:44 p.m.

Well, I'm going to buy that kind of flour and how I have a kneader when I made bread and I will prove what guy is the one that best admits my body.Today it is true that I made breakfast adding some protein to the bread and the peak has been lower.Your advice are teaching me what this disease is and that my doctor has failed to tell me.

mascota17
03/10/2024 12:32 p.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

I am a lada type (autoimmune) and I suffer Diabetes del Alba which can happen in all types of diabetes.It took a long time to diagnose her by awakening all kinds of breakfasts without any success.It may also be your case.

Even with less than 70 when I wake up, I can upload me to 250 without breakfast in less than an hour.What I do when it starts to climb is to click and wait for it to go down below 80 before breakfast, which is one weird day when it does not happen and I stay on an empty stomach.

vdebuen's profile photo
vdebuen
03/10/2024 6:15 p.m.

(1968) Tipo LADA desde 2014

Hi @Mascota17:
Breakfast is the most complicated intake of managing.In the morning there is a lot of insulin resistance and traditional breakfast options are very loaded with hydrates.

What your endocrine have recommended you does not seem very successful for us.As the foreros have already told you, it replaces the white or integral bread with protein bread.I use protein K, I buy it in Carrefour and it has 7 grs HC/100, nothing to do with the 60-70 of normal bread.

It is also convenient for you to dispense with cow's milk, which although it is considered a slow hydrate, actually gives a rush.The best option is almond milk without added sugars, it is a zero player in HC.

And I would add protein, put on ham or an egg or breast breast or smoked salmon or fresh cheese.That will add satiety and will lower the glycemic index to the whole.

And my last comment: protein bread and almond milk are not very good, that is reality.It's a matter of getting used.Of all the proteins that I have tried, Protein K seems to me the most acceptable, and the bar of the Obrador of the English Court is very good, but I find it less practical because it is a bar, you have to chop it and freeze it and it gives me a lot of laziness.
As for almond milk, I put on toping pure cocoa powder and cinnamon and I get a mejunje that is not bad, because if I put only milk and coffee, the comparisons are hateful, nothing has to do with a coffee with milk with milkof cow

Despite all these changes, you have to make waiting time with insulin because if not, you do not avoid the peak.

Go testing until you find an option that you like (you have to suffer as little as possible, hehe) and that works for you, and if possible, tell us.

good luck!

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/11/2024 11:08 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I forgot to comment something else.To avoid insulin resistance in the morning I have become accustomed to breakfast much later.

For example, if I was going to have breakfast at 9, I punctured me at approximately 8:15 and normally turned to me and also arrived at lunchtime touching the hypo, if not directly put in hiccups.

Now I am having breakfast at 11. I click at 10:30 and in half an hour my body is asking me for food.With the Centeno Pan of the Mercadona that I commented on the other day they do not give me spikes and I also usually get to lunch.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/11/2024 1:06 p.m.

Zero almond milk is really bad.
I have become accustomed to the White Brand Saver Saver of Savorramas that the Don Simon packaging.It has 1g/100ml.
Proteic bread is like everything, getting used, there is nothing like the people's bread in a lifetime.
Like I am more sweet, I put a nipple sugar -free layer.And always roasted that makes it more affordable to the palate.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/11/2024 1:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Sandman said:
I forgot to comment on something else.To avoid insulin resistance in the morning I have become accustomed to breakfast much later.

For example, if I was going to have breakfast at 9, I punctured me at approximately 8:15 and normally turned to me and also arrived at lunchtime touching the hypo, if not directly put in hiccups.

Now I am having breakfast at 11. I click at 10:30 and in half an hour my body is asking me for food.With the Centeno Pan of the Mercadona that I commented on the other day they do not give me spikes and I also usually get to lunch.

I also lengthened the night fast.Breakfast at 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 am and I get well to food.
In the morning when I wake up (6: 45-7) I have a tea only that serves me to hydrate and clear myself a little.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/11/2024 1:57 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Well, I like Zero almond milk ...

isabelbota
03/11/2024 3:37 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
Well I like almond milk zero ...

If that is in tastes.Everyone has preference for a kind of bread or milk.It is to find the one that makes us funny to each one.I have thought that I am going to make the bread with a mixture of flours and I will try to find the taste that I like the most.At least I will know what I take.

mascota17
03/11/2024 5:33 p.m.

Metformina 1-1-1
Fiasp y Toujeo 62ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.