{'en': 'Placement of the free freestyle sensor 2', 'es': 'Colocación del sensor freestyle libre 2'} Image

Placement of the free freestyle sensor 2

juanen_'s profile photo   05/26/2024 12:36 p.m.

Good morning to everyone.
My question is:
Where can I place the sensor?
Do you take it in another area of ​​the body that works well ???
Thank you

juanen_'s profile photo
juanen_
05/26/2024 12:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I spent months studying that body area did not press overnight.And in my case as I never sleep face down was the swamp.I carry it there.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/26/2024 2:09 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

juanen _ said:
good morning to all.
My question is:
Where can I place the sensor?
Do you take it in another area of ​​the body that works well ???
Thank you

Like many in this forum, I carry it in the upper gluteo zone and I alternate left and right

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/26/2024 8:54 p.m.

In the buttock, 2 fingers under the elastic underwear.It measures well and is discreet.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/26/2024 9:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you.
Sherpa41, Diabestic, Ruthbia.
Both in the calf and in the upper area of ​​the buttock, I see that to sleep it will continue to cause me problems.
I had thought about the chest area, but I don't know what to do.

juanen_'s profile photo
juanen_
05/26/2024 10:52 p.m.

I sleep with the crushed sensor and it doesn't give me false data.I have been like this for 8 years and has never given me false hypoglycemia.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/27/2024 8:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My theory is that being the biggest buttock than the arm the pressure on the sensor is lower, having more surface.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/27/2024 9:01 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ruthbia said:
in the buttock, 2 fingers under the elastic underwear.It measures well and is discreet.

I take it right and I am doing well!In the hospital they suggested in the inner face of the arm to avoid that of crushing, in terms of results it has been better, but I can't stand it.

Warholismo's profile photo
Warholismo
05/29/2024 9:24 a.m.

Well, in the buttocks it gives me allergy, it fills me with granites and it bites me to rage.
On the inner face of the arm I was doing well but I hiking and with my backpack I brushed me.
Total, return to the classic ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/29/2024 9:55 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I also carry it in the buttock and I do not give me faults hypoglycemia for crushing.In addition, I think it is the most discreet area, where it is more protected and nothing bothers me.In summer, it is covered by the bikini, and I do not have to worry.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/29/2024 12:32 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I have proven that false hypos are not to press/crush the sensor on a frontal way, but to do it laterally.That is, if pressures uniformly on the sensor does not give hip, the problem is that if you press it only on the one hand the filament inside the body must be folded or lose contact with the body and gives false hypos.I carry it in my arm because I am quite stable and at night I disable the alarms, but it makes sense that in the buttocks not of hypos although you sleep by pressing it because it is difficult for you to get on side.

ToniEC's profile photo
ToniEC
06/02/2024 6:01 p.m.

In winter I carry it in the arm, to the classic, and now in summer that the most visible arms are put in the buttock as I learned here in the forum, it is very comfortable too.

I also know about a girl who put it in her leg, about four fingers below the groin, it has to be easy to put it, but I have not tried it yet.And what surprised me is to read here about the calf, curious place: P

valky's profile photo
valky
06/02/2024 7:49 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I do not try for fear that it does not work ... in my health center the sensors are scarce ... but I would like to try in the buttock.Doesn't it bother you ...?Don't you get hooked with your pants when you sit down and get up?Or with the rubber of underwear ...?

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
06/02/2024 11:56 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Jo, on top of the buttocks it seems to me an ideal place.But I put it there once and, as I do Pilates, I almost gave me something in the first class.We made many abdominals and it stuck and hurt me like never before.
In the end I had to remove and put back on my arm.

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
06/03/2024 8:58 a.m.

Silviagrz said:
I do not try for fear that it does not work ... in my health center the sensors are scarce ... but I would like to try in the buttock.Doesn't it bother you ...?Don't you get hooked with your pants when you sit down and get up?Or with the rubber of underwear ...?

In my case it was until I got the point.In the buttock I almost forget that I carry it.Look, I carry it right in this area (the red point):

Warholismo's profile photo
Warholismo
06/03/2024 8:54 p.m.

@Silviagrz I just 2 fingers under the rubber of the panty.I don't find out.Of course at first, be careful when going up and down, now I don't think about it.I do it for inertia.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/03/2024 9:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I tried it a day, but I gave me an error as soon as I put it, I did not make the scanner and it was well placed and how the sensors are scarce in the health center, I do not finish being clear where you put it, on one side according to the photo?

nuriapal1's profile photo
nuriapal1
06/10/2024 4:36 p.m.

Rotating right gluteus 14 days, change to the left.I've been like that and well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/11/2024 6:23 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:

I also do the same, every 15 days change of gluteus and perfect, also like 2 fingers under the gum of the pants, like the photo, very comfortable

pamagic's profile photo
pamagic
06/13/2024 11:23 p.m.

In my ass I have just put it once, I had no problems, but it is more comfortable in my arm.
Yesterday, I put it in my ass again, I hope I do well and do not take it ahead when I remove my clothes.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/14/2024 8:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.