{'en': 'Euthanasia', 'es': 'Eutanasia'} Image

Euthanasia

waulyx's profile photo   06/22/2024 6:32 a.m.

Hello, I have 29 and this March I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes with a glucose of 192 and an HBA1C greater than 8%, now I have it in 6.2.
I have informed everything that I could about this disease and simply I don't want to continue.I am a computer scientist and I can no longer use the computer for the diabetic retinopathy since I hurt my eyes and head although I control with my glucose with Spartan discipline with diet and exercise.
I mentioned my heart doctor if I can request euthanasia and disappoint me telling me that this is for serious cases and still do not give it to some.
Do I have to wait to be blind, lame and with the destroyed and depressed organs to be able to die with dignity?

waulyx's profile photo
waulyx
06/22/2024 6:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do you already have retinopathy?It seems that you just started and the figures are not so high.Retinopathy is a complication with years of development with laser and medication ...
I don't know if he will be seeing you an ophthalmologist, but he should.
We can talk a lot about the subject, but you are on a downturn, what you need is psychological support.
With diabetes you can live very well.Know how to self -control gives you freedom to live like any non -diabetic person.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
06/22/2024 8:29 a.m.

Hello
I am very sorry you feel like that.The loss of health is always a hard duel to face, but many times, the initial shock is strong and makes us think of all the worst.I encourage you to give you a time of reflection, go to psychological therapy and you report what the partner told you about retinopathy treatments.Cheer up

Monica2576's profile photo
Monica2576
06/22/2024 9:07 a.m.

Good morning
Support totally and I agree with what was said before @juansolo and @monica2576.A psychologist, no doubt.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
06/22/2024 11:04 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I have retinopathy but after 33 years of illness, with 29 years and being type 2 it is rare and with such little time besides

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/22/2024 12:19 p.m.

You can also have other vision problems (myopia ...), which are not caused by diabetes ... especially if you spend many hours with a computer. We want to take importance to what you feel.You have to get up and ask for help.You are too young.
You have a lot and good life ahead.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
06/22/2024 1:20 p.m.

It is very easy to want to throw the minor unforeseen.Very selfish on your part.Have you thought about your parents, grandparents, friends, all those people who love you?
Look, DT2 is nothing, I change it to you for DT1, many of here we would like only diet and pills, instead of chute and insulin chute.
Accept what has touched you, and check how little you know about diabetes.Here we are many fighters, living every day with enthusiasm and desire for every minute that gives us life.
You live and very well, I have lived 40 years without diabetes and I have almost 10 with her, and I am happy and fortunate to be surrounded by this diabetic family that understands and supports me.And from day to day in my family, work, friends.
Go to a psychologist, that will make you stronger.Your problem is not diabetes, you have something you drag.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/22/2024 8:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I don't think you have diabetic retinopathy with 29 years, have you diagnosed or do you think?
And I join what they tell you.You need encouragement and continue controlling diabetes and you will see how everything is going well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/22/2024 10:30 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@waulix, you are thinking things that will never happen.With a glycosylated 6.2 you have a lifetime ahead.
Retinopathy, in case it appears, is treated and slows down, and better treatments appear so that it does not advance anymore.The best treatment is now good control and you already have it.These headaches and visual tiredness can be due to the adaptation of the lens when it goes from having a high glycosylated to have good control.It always happens when diabetes is diagnosed and glucose goes down, but it is passenger.
Take care how you are doing, and those complications will not arrive or will be very slight and with treatment.
Now the diabetics that are taken care of have a life expectancy close to non -diabetics and with the new treatments more and more.
What you have in depression.You do have to treat your doctor. Don't leave it

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/22/2024 10:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@waulyx: I understand that you feel discouraged, you are very young and diabetes is a disease that appears when nobody is expected and that is usually "overwhelming."
But getting down your glycosylated from 8 to 6.2 in three months is very, very good.Type 2 diabetes can be kept at bay from the beginning with exercise, food control and weight loss.And surely that is what you are doing.Courage you are on the right track.
It is important that you look for support to feel better better.I advise you to contact the Diabetics Association of your area since there you will be able to find people who will be able to offer help and advice

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/23/2024 12:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Regina is true of the high glycosiladRecently, from ophthalmology when you go to the reviews, they look at you the bottom of the eye and yes, you are good goodbye, then reading I read that high glucose levels in the long run dirty the lens more than a person without sugar, in short ....

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/23/2024 12:52 p.m.

rogerix said:
@regina is true the high glycosiladYears, in a diabetic they appear much earlier, I do this recentThe lens more than a sugar -free person, in short ....

It is not an issue of dirtying the lens.The lens adapts its shape according to the glucose level.That is why before an abrupt drop or rise you can see blurry, because it does not give time to adapt.
Likewise, when after having been high a long time before the diagnosis you get to good control, if the lens is done quickly takes longer to adapt and that is why you are looking bad for a while.

isabelbota
06/23/2024 1:11 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

waulyx said:
hello, I have 29 and this March I diagnosed me type 2 with a glucose of 192 and an HBA1C greater than 8%, now I have it in 6.2.
I have informed everything that I could about this disease and simply I don't want to continue.I am a computer scientist and I can no longer use the computer for the diabetic retinopathy since I hurt my eyes and head although I control with my glucose with Spartan discipline with diet and exercise.
I mentioned my heart doctor if I can request euthanasia and disappoint me telling me that this is for serious cases and still do not give it to some.
Do I have to wait to be blind, lame and with the destroyed and depressed organs to be able to die with dignity?

Encouragement, I went through the same and losing vision (until I made glasses) and now that I regulated I returned to normal, it is a matter of continuing to do things well, continue taking care of you and the other one will see that it comes alone!Look for professional support if you are depressed!Forces and you are not just !!

gonzau89's profile photo
gonzau89
06/23/2024 1:20 p.m.

That @isabelbota goes, if when blood glucose levels are high persistently, glucose can accumulate in the lens and become sorbitol, a substance that can cause swelling and damage to the lens proteins, leading to the formation ofcataracts and causing opacity in the same

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/24/2024 2:23 p.m.

@ROGERIX
Of course, the high glucose maintains the eyes, among other things.But in addition, rapid variability makes us not see well because the lens does not have time to adapt.
That is, what I want to explain to those who debut, is that when they regulate their glucose they begin not to see well, do not be scared, which is a matter of time that the lens adapts.
It happened to me, I debuted very high and regulated myself very quickly and ended up in the emergency room because every day I saw worse (my head doctor who did not know about the subject) sent me and I went fear until the ophthalmologist explained it to me.And indeed at the same time I saw again as before.

isabelbota
06/24/2024 5:55 p.m.

Yes, @ROGERIX, it's true about cataracts, but that's more rare that happens.What I meant is what @isabelbota explains, the blurred vision that appears when debuting and lowering the glucose level, while the lens is accommodated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/24/2024 6:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, it is called diabetic presbyce.I had it 15 days in the debut.When I started having normal values, I left.
I did not see from afar or up close, only in the middle.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/24/2024 6:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Let's see that my eyes and head hurt when I am with the opposition and computer and what I had was very little loss of vision and I see super good but my head and the eye hurt a lot from the area on top of it andWith glasses to study and work, subject to.

I do not know, I would dare to tell you that if you have gone to the ophthalmologist because I am also missing the issue of diabetic retinopathy

But I really thought I saw super good and I had lost so little that it hurt a lot and the oculist told me that it was not worth making glasses, but I made them and I improved a lot, the pain disappeared.Now just to work I do not use them but as soon as I study oppositions again and work at the same time I put them on.

What I have is a little, I think myopia and it hurt a lot, I took an aspirin for pain and it was the only thing that took it to me and now it is very rare that it hurts and as soon as I notice it, a couple of days with theglasses and fixed

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/26/2024 10:04 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Well the retinopathy does not hurt @nila I tell you that I have an affected eye, I went to the ophthalmologist and he told me you have the retina full of tips of blood and they did 1000 tests to diagnose it and then laser 4 sessions, and I also have cataracts inBoth eyes and one of these affects me fully in the healthy eye because I wasI call, they are fragile and grab the retina and told me that when the lens removed the vitreous liquid moves and is afraid that dragging the retina and suffers a retinal detachment that would be fatal, so I am waiting

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/27/2024 12:46 p.m.

Do not bother you to answer, do not read you, it has the last and only entry into the forum on June 22

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/27/2024 1:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.