{'en': 'The DGT includes diabetes in the list so as not to renew the card from 2025', 'es': 'La DGT incluye la diabetes en la lista para no renovar el carnet a partir del 2025'} Image

The DGT includes diabetes in the list so as not to renew the card from 2025

fer's profile photo   08/09/2024 1:19 p.m.

Hello,

I agree that it is discriminatory to make us renew before those who provide the doctor's reports and worry about bringing good diabetes control.That said, I think it is a very bad idea to hide our diabetics status to the DGT.I already wrote it in this same forum years ago.Disgustees the reasons:

1. In case of a serious accident, deep investigations are made, and medical records are requested and hospitals cannot be denied if they ask for, for example, a judge.There comes our debut date as diabetics and is not modifiable afterwards.
2. If you take friends, acquaintances or family in the car with you and have an accident they will probably know that you are diabetic.If you have a serious accident and interrogate them, they can declare that you are diabetic and you will be evidenced.
3. Insurers do not like to pay great compensation in case of serious accidents.They usually hire detectives to try to escape and hang the "dead" to you as drivers who did not carry the driving license in order.
4. If we take into account the annual amortization costs of a car, insurance, circulation taxes, tolls, fuel, parking, maintenance and cleaning expenses, etc.In the end the renewal of the card every 5 years is not such an exaggerated expense.I always look for offers, discount coupons, to go to the cheapest medical center than I find.
5. Perhaps the most important reason: carry all the papers in order the day you have a traffic accident, it is priceless.I have had a motorcycle accident with two other vehicles involved (I and another person with physical injuries) and you do not know what I appreciated at that time having everything in order.

I invite everyone to reflect.No one is safe from having an accident, no matter how good history as a driver he had so far.There are "savings" that can be very expensive.

Greetings and be careful,

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
09/24/2024 3:10 a.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.