{'en': 'The DGT includes diabetes in the list so as not to renew the card from 2025', 'es': 'La DGT incluye la diabetes en la lista para no renovar el carnet a partir del 2025'} Image

The DGT includes diabetes in the list so as not to renew the card from 2025

fer's profile photo   08/09/2024 1:19 p.m.

I just read this article where it is explained that the DGT wants to include diabetes as a reason not to renew the driving license, seriously?

Does anyone know about the subject?

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
08/09/2024 1:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

To search, I have done it in the DGT and I have found this document:

Link

On page 9 they talk about diabetes and, at first, I have scared.

But then I see that the criteria are what I already knew: that you have it controlled (without serious hypoglycemia) and that the report can be done by your head doctor.

Grati's profile photo
Grati
08/09/2024 1:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

He has given me a microinfarto ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/09/2024 2:39 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I read this news a long time ago but then I saw all the diseases and if they applied it, no one could drive.

So nothing, pure smoke.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/09/2024 2:48 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

When the river sounds ... I go to talk about this issue, sincerely, instead of moving forward and making our lives easier, quite the opposite ... 😡😡😡

fer's profile photo
fer
08/09/2024 6:55 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have a 25 -year -old DB friend of evolution and is a driver of urban public buses.If that were so, do they take it out of work?
I have to renew it next year and fear gives me.Let's touch wood but in 30 years of card I have not had any mishaps and I have been 15 km daily ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/09/2024 7:36 p.m.

Having diabetes only give you b.
If you conduct buses, you don't say it anywhere.As is logical and how we should do all.Because these laws are not fair.
Anyway, the source is ABC, very prone to bulos and sensationalism.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/09/2024 9:09 p.m.

fer said:
I just read this article where it is explained that the DGT wants to include diabetes as a reason not to renew the driving license, seriously?

Does anyone know about the subject?

Link

This is clearly a sensational owner who is now taking in "journalism" if you go to the content read the usual, that do not let you renew unless you have a favorable medical report thatYou just have to ask in the ambulatory and be clearly controlled.

juasolo said:
having diabetes only give you b.
If you conduct buses, you don't say it anywhere.As is logical and how we should do all.Because these laws are not fair.

Let's see ... I drive bus.Debut in routine medical examination of work, go down to control and work.
I have also renewed the card, I have said yes, I am diabetic, they have asked me for a favorable report and yes, they shorten the renewal.
I'm still working.

Gozoki's profile photo
Gozoki
08/10/2024 2:33 a.m.

DM 2 diagnosticado en marzo de 2023.
HG debut 13.2 Última HG: 2024 6.3
AntiGAD : Haberlos,Haylos... pero pocos. NEGATIVO pues.
Metformina 1-0-1
Toujeo: Guardada en la nevera... y que siga.

@Gozoki I do not doubt what you explain, moreover, it fully coincides with my experience, I have renewed the card on several occasions, the last this year.

What surprised me about the news is that they say they are new conditions from 2025, therefore, some change want to introduce, right?

fer's profile photo
fer
08/10/2024 10:02 a.m.

I have been seeing the complete list of diseases and practically 99% of the population will be excluded.

We will have to buy a horse.: p

BaradDurr's profile photo
BaradDurr
08/10/2024 12:21 p.m.

DM2 mal diagnosticada en 2017, realmente LADA diagnosticada en Enero de 2023.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Last time I was renewed only for five years and apparently they will go down to three.Diabetics are a threat to the rest but drunks as they don't say or ask you, nothing happens ... it is to laugh and if you say nothing that you are diabetic, nothing happens because analysis does not make you.

Pilar59's profile photo
Pilar59
08/11/2024 3:13 p.m.

February 2024, article
The DGT emphasizes that diabetes can increase the risk of traffic accidents due to several of the complications associated with the disease.Among these complications are hypoglycemia, diabetic retinopathy that affects vision, and diabetic neuropathy that can reduce mobility and sensitivity in feet and legs, complicating the proper use of vehicle pedals.

In short, if we show that we have nothing like that, we should renew every 10 years.They are sequelae that do not come out immediately, we do not give me a paral of retinopathy, driving and plash!I am blind

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/11/2024 3:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Fer I would not worry, they will not be forbidden to drive for being diabetic.Those who would first remove are professional drivers and I don't see it.More and more oppositions and works are relaxing restrictions.Police, military, pilots ... It would not make sense that at the same time they forbid your car.

What may be is that they want you to say it, to know that you are controlled. Although these flashy headlines that do not clarify anything then I think they have the opposite effect.That people believe that if they say it will not be able to drive and say nothing.

That is a m*erda if they give you less time, then.
But look I have annual renewal and nothing happens.But I also tell you that if you are not well it is better not to drive and if you are fine because until the next review.For the security of oneself and that of all those who circulate around.You know what it is to carry a bus with 60 people with the 4PS for hours and the loss of concentration you can have.
Anyway, now I'm fine, my doctor puts it black on white to recognition and that's it.

Gozoki's profile photo
Gozoki
08/11/2024 8:18 p.m.

DM 2 diagnosticado en marzo de 2023.
HG debut 13.2 Última HG: 2024 6.3
AntiGAD : Haberlos,Haylos... pero pocos. NEGATIVO pues.
Metformina 1-0-1
Toujeo: Guardada en la nevera... y que siga.

No one will lead in 2025. All omit will the diseases and will have to force us to recognize as at work.

Diseases with which you cannot renew the driving license:

Transitional ischemic accident
Alzheimer's
Large glasses aneurysm
Sleep apnea
Arrhythmias
Crisis or loss of consciousness
Dementia or anxiety disorder
Depression
Automatic defibrillator
Diabetes mellitus insulin -dependent
Dissection
Oncological ailments
Heart disease
Degenerative, neurological and chronic diseases
Digestive diseases
Endocrine diseases
Neurological diseases
Oncological diseases.
Respiratory diseases
Epilepsy
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Hypothyroidism and parathyroid
Acute myocardial infarction
Pacemaker
Dialysis nephropathy
Parkinson
Vascular problems
Valvular prostheses
Renal transplant
Personality disorder
Intellectual Development Disorder
Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Hyperactivity attention deficit disorder (ADHD)
Sleep disorders
Oncohematic disorders

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/14/2024 10:20 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My mother, go ready ... and then do some tests to renew the laugh card.I don't understand anything.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/14/2024 11:03 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

In Spain there are no 🥚 to mess with car manufacturers and oil companies.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/14/2024 11:19 a.m.

juasolo said:
having diabetes only give you b.

Well, I have a driver of urban public buses diabetic of more than 20 years of evolution, I don't know how it does, the same has to renew every year, I don't know

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/15/2024 11:12 p.m.

I never say that I am diabetic.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/16/2024 12:09 p.m.

juanol said:
I never say that I am diabetic.

And if you have a blow and the insurance finds out and does not want to take care?

Chema2100's profile photo
Chema2100
08/16/2024 2:55 p.m.

Mahatma Gandhi said that "when a law is unfair, the right thing is to disobey"

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/16/2024 5:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.