Continuous glucose meter in children

Velia's profile photo   10/08/2008 6:22 a.m.

Hello everyone, especially at Velia, who wanted to ask :)
Look Velia turns out that today I get the magazine of my diabetics association and a page came on the Medtronic Minimed insulin pump, the minilink sensor and transmitter, the contour link, remote control, etc.And I think I read that you also have the minilink and that ... and well my question is that if you carry the minilink sensor and transmitter so you need the contour link machine is that it does not measure the glucose and send it to the pump?I need someone to fix that because I think I know that that is measuring glucose all day and the graphics come out ... :?
Well maybe you have already explained it to someone else and that comment has jumped to me: s but I hope you can answer it but your other person, I don't care;)

P.S.I said that this device with the minilink, the contour link, etc. only has 8 people in total: s if I can scan that page later and step;)

Kisses and thanks for everything.

noelia's profile photo
noelia
10/15/2009 11:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Noelia, welcome !!!! ... now I don't have time to extend, tomorrow I have to go to the hospital but I promise to answer as soon as I have a free ratio ...
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/15/2009 6:37 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Noelia, welcome !!!! ... now I don't have time to extend, tomorrow I have to go to the hospital but I promise to answer as soon as I have a free ratillo ...
Kisses.

Nothing happens Velia, as soon as you can answer me, don't worry.
Kisses and thanks for everything ^^

noelia's profile photo
noelia
10/16/2009 9:35 a.m.

Hi Noelia, forgive that it has taken so long to respond .... When you use a continuous glucose measurement system of those currently marketed, such as minilink, you need to make hair glucose determinations to calibrate the system ....Normally with 2-3 "good" measures a day will be enough.What is intended is not so much measured less (that evidently the number of controls drops considerably), such as glycemic stability, anticipating hyper and hypoglycemia and improving the quality of life ....
The contour link differs from any other glucometer on the market in which the measure is transferred by Bluetooth, although then you have to confirm that data in the insulin pump ...

I hope your question is clarified.Here you have me for what you need.
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/20/2009 5:17 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Ah it is worth now, thank you very much Velia: D
also gives the chance that yesterday went to my hospital to talk to me about the bomb
And they gave me what will be my future insulin bomb at the moment I only have it to practice
For a few week but then they will plug it in :)
The bomb is the one that spoke to you the Medtronic Minimed Paradigm Real Time 722 :)
But without all that of the minilink ..., my endocrine told me that I in the future do not take it.
I'm super happy, I'm going to be a bomber hehehe

Kisses Velia and all the forum!

noelia's profile photo
noelia
10/22/2009 10:59 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am using Acu_chek Spirit and I do not understand what you are editing, my endo told me that the continuous meter, we think a problem that if you would fay would get more insulin, you told me about it about two years ago.
Health: D: D: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/22/2009 3:27 p.m.

Fran, the meter does not have that danger, because it only measures, does not decide insulin to inject.
The other would be the artificial pancreas, but it is not yet available.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2009 12:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.