Continuous glucose meter in children

Velia's profile photo   10/08/2008 6:22 a.m.

We have it.It is Boyer's contour.And as Alea says, the glycemia spends wirelessly to the compatible devices of Medtronic, in order not to have to introduce the glycemia data manually when using the Wizard Bolus.Otherwise it is the same, use 0.6 blood microliters, measures in 5 sec, etc.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/24/2009 8:31 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone and especially in Velia.You cannot imagine what you are helping us with your comments about the continuous meter and on other topics too.We are behind to try the continuous meter since we are tired of having hypos (the autumn day had 27) and living without being able to relax a second.
How David is very small and I don't know how the idea is going to tolerate it is to try it first and buy it later if it is doing well.We have read that in Extremadura you finance the fungible and as we are going to request it also to the Government of Navarra and for this we are going to make a report, we would be very good to know what communities are financed.If someone else knows anything about this matter, I could inform us.
We have been with the bomb for two months and we are very happy.It really facilitates life and above all avoids the suffering of the 4 daily punctures that lived them with Horor.
Thanksssss

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
01/26/2009 5:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Santesteban.First congratulations on the pump.You see how with time you will get even more with more part (square bolus, dual, temporary basal, etc ...)
With respect to the continuous meter, it is an initiative of our endocrine (I do not think it is carried out throughout Extremadura), because he is very involved with the new technologies ... I hope you have luck and you can try it.Another option is to talk to the commercials of Medtronic in your area.Maybe they can advise you about what they are doing in other communities ...
I send you a private.
Health

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/27/2009 3:59 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

We have parked, for now the contour link.The truth is that wireless communication with the bomb was very good and very fast and saved us a few partners, when calibrating the minilink or supplying the Wizard.The absorption of blood has also seemed quite good, but we have detected that it measured very low with respect to the other 2 we use, the Opium and the One Touch ... we have to continue testing, to see if it has only been aPunctual issue or is that it measures like this.

With the minilink we continue on the line.I don't finish adjusting the nights.The day is perfect, practically in Normaglycemia we are 12 at night ... I already changed something a couple of days ago and today I have changed again, to see if we finally managed to refine it.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/30/2009 4:38 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

<Blockquote Juan = "" Luis "" = "" Ref = ""The truth is that it does not solve the important thing, the puncture, since only the SW changes (fix the alarm thresholds), so we will have to wait for some sensor to come out with the smallest needle.
Ah, what they have is the possibility of tuning the pump with colored "skins.

That is one of my doubts talking about minilink ...
Is there a needle small enough for ages of 2-3 years?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/31/2009 3:18 a.m.

I fear that for now.We will have to experience, or better, to see what happens with that subcutaneous chip type sensor that I remember reading somewhere.We will continue to inform.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
02/02/2009 5:19 a.m.

Today we have gone to the dentist ... 3 years ago they made Angela an endodontics and 3 months ago he has begun to give him problems.Intense pain, infection, antibiotics.He apparently sent and just 1 month ago the process began again.According to the dentist to the diabetics, this treatment does not usually do well: ((... well, today it has been the day, it had to be extracted and its blood glucose should be less than 200. Menuda Muelaza!To the consultation, Angela, reluctantly, Juanlu and I ... make us waitTo ensure that it would not have an ahipo, but the joy lasted little, suddenly it starts to go down, first of 2 in 2 ... we canceled the square of the snack, but after 15 minutes it continues to go down, this time from 4 in 4,6 in 6 ... we put a temporary basal of 0.15 UDS/ h for 1/2 hour, but that ignores our instructions, it must be that Angela's nerves are starting to make their own ...Going down, I open a juice, it is already 87 from 6, I tell him to take 1/2 to stop the descent, and at that moment we hear the voice of the nurse who called us ... we comment that he is going downquite and tell me that they cannot anesthetize until they go back, and what did not go up .... at 15 minutes it starts to rise (or better to stop going down), it was in 77 ... there were no longer problems... The extraction has been a success, and all this without a single capillary puncture and with the peace of mind that glycemia was in order.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/02/2009 6:35 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

What happened!The minilink, the bomb, your experience ... you are my example to follow.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2009 3:44 a.m.

Velia, makes us a very interesting description of the facts, I learned more reading than looking hours and hours of the Internet absurdly.Testimonies like yours help many people, I wanted to ask you about how to contact the Commercial of Medtronic Javier if it could be your mobile if not the mail, thank you very much for instructing us with your experiences are very useful.
Greetings from Vilanova de Aruous in Pontevedra.

DiabetesForo
03/19/2009 11:29 a.m.

Ringorrio, the Medtronic Patient Attention Phone is 901120335. There they can inform you who is the commercial that takes your area, because in each autonomy or province there are different commercials.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
03/19/2009 1:04 p.m.

Hi Ringorrio, thank you very much.I am glad that at least it is for something.I also believe that personal experiences are more important than any theory ...
As Alea says, it is better to call Medtronic that they will give you the TFNO.From the commercial that corresponds to you, if you get the mailbox leave your data and return the call immediately.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/20/2009 4:08 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Last week we wake up with the "news" of the transplant of C.M.In Brazil .... All our acquaintances refer us to it as the "miracle of the century."I read the news and I did not get flimered, that news does not cause me, it is more, I only look at them over, it gives me the feeling that they were not with me ...

I have already put on the route that on Wednesday we had review, the Hemo has dropped to 6.6, the standard deviation has been minimal and the hypoglycemia below 60 were practically null ... and that we have that a good part of the day the daySystem controls it and the adjustments are not so precise .... This is my "miracle of the century."Hopefully not much late the day when the artificial pancreas is a reality for all.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/20/2009 5:13 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, I almost get angry that they take out that kind of news, because people stay with that couplet and do not have the feeling that this disease does so many shortcomings.

I have already opted, when they tell me the typical
"Did you see what they said today on TV?"
for answering something of the type of:
"Yes, the truth is that today the one who is diabetic is because he wants, but we are that we have already become accustomed and, I do not know, as we have caught the taste"

Because, really, to explain again and again that that are partial, reversible remedies, little contrasted and not exempt from risks, in addition to temporary ..., like not.

And the stability with the minilink, because that, which is magnificent and that by perfecting these types of devices and making them affordable to the common of mortals should go the shots.Congratulations.

Health

DiabetesForo
04/20/2009 6:45 a.m.

"Yes, the truth is that today it is diabetic is because he wants, but we are that we have already got used to and, I do not know, as we have caught the taste"

: D: d

That is what I sometimes ask myself ... if they cured me, I think I would bore me a lot, what would I do with the neurons responsible for counting the portions?And with the cells that unite insulin and food?: Mrgreen:

Well, I have an imaginary theory ... which says that we have diabetes we have a neuron (some more than one) that is responsible for counting hydrates, insulin and thinking only of diabetes.

That neuron would only be in certain people and hence diabetes was triggered, in response to the body so that this neuron was used: Twisted:
It is a perversion of a psychologist, do not take me seriously 8)

In order not to distort the post, I am thinking of putting a bomb ... to the hat from not going from 6-7 injections ... I will talk to my advisors to see.

DiabetesForo
04/20/2009 7:04 a.m.

Joé, that of the neuron that does not tell him out there.And you will tell us about the bomb ... With regard to the mothers cells, I am of the opinion that if I were mouse (Mus-Musculus) I would be cured ... and dead, but well, there is no curePerfect

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
04/20/2009 2:04 p.m.

I have not explained myself well ... we have many neurons, but we dedicate 1 alone to the bolus, ration calculations, identify carbohydrates and interpret glycems ... a kind of unineuronal mutation-superspecialization ... what you said do not make mecase.

Alea does not have news yet of the exams, perhaps at the end of the month the provisional notes will come ... You have to wait a lot.

DiabetesForo
04/20/2009 3:01 p.m.

Owash, I'm sure you're not going to regret the decision.You know that here we are already those who use it so you will be very wrapped in the beginning that is the most complicated.

"Yes, the truth is that today it is diabetic is because he wants, but we are that we have already got used to and, I do not know, as we have caught the taste"
hahahaha ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/21/2009 4:41 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Owash I also encourage you to try the bomb, you will win and much with the change, especially as a life .......: D so do not hesitate much hehehe .....

DiabetesForo
04/21/2009 5:41 a.m.

Hello everyone!
I present myself first, I am Edu and I am new in the forum.I am interested in the Medtronic Minilik, since everyone speaks very well of him, but I have no idea where I can buy it or how much it is worth.

I would be very grateful if someone can give me some information.

Greetings to all !!!

morenoe's profile photo
morenoe
09/21/2009 8:40 a.m.

Hi Edu.I leave you the link of the Medtronic Link in Spain.Ask them to pass you with a commercial and serve you greatly.We the minilink bought it for a long time and I don't know if the price will be varied or not.

Good luck and you will tell us.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/21/2009 12:35 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.