Continuous glucose meter in children

Velia's profile photo   10/08/2008 6:22 a.m.

: Thank you very much Juan Luís.I will try to translate with the page that you gave, even if I did not know much about my capacity ...
Peace

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/24/2008 2:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The truth is this type of news are what we were waiting for and wishing .... From here to be fully reliable we will try to use all the means we have at our disposal to try to carry this in the best possible way.
With respect to the meter I will tell you that every day I feel more "hooked" ... there is nothing new to tell ... I am doing about 3 or 4 daily hair controls (compared to 8 or 10 that we did daily in normal situations), except the first day that is needed more to calibrate it ... I let me guide by the graphics trying to be as stable as possible, lost respecting a little more every day to be able to refine as far as possible ... asAgainst I tell you that this is like all the beginnings, more than once they have made us want Angela and me to throw the gossip through the window, but we have to be patients, much, since this requires an effort that I can assure you,It is worth it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/27/2008 6:31 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

There is little to say, for the moment .... everything goes on wheels.Today we are on the 7th day and surely in a few hours the minilink will stop working .... These last days of the sensor's life are wonder ... the measurements are very precise ... as a counterpart we are making forgotten, yesterday we went to skates without the gluco ...
I tell you, in a normal situation and if your glycemia has been stable, it is kept capillarily when you get up, the post of breakfast and the post of dinner, which coincides with the time of going to sleep (except the first day that I normally measure to calibrate)... The rest of the day we work with the measures offered by the meter ... we get more and more to the descents and ups ... we have verified that the rapto have supplied it .... We have been able to do without the Reena, which made us quite considerable ravages at night ... as an example I will tell you that last night he lay down with 111 and his graph has varied at 6 in the morning thatHe put in 98 and descended to reach 8 with 80 ... It is not bad ... we have made the breakfast bolus not shoot, increasing the basal in the first hour and decreasing in the second, so it goes up to 160And it stays between 100 and 120 coinciding with the morning merendilla ... I have to profile the pre of the food well, which is a little high for my taste (140-150) ...
As you can see, quite entertaining is this.In a few days I will get the graphs to analyze this week and continue making changes.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/30/2008 4:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

: D: D: D Jolín Velia, what a wonder of levels !!!I want one for my strawberry !!!The pity is that it is still very small to take it: ((.... I'm glad that it is giving you good results: P !!

Kisses.

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
10/30/2008 5:20 a.m.

Mari, do not believe that your daughter is too small ... In our hospital the doctor is betting on these gossip so that younger children are favored by the advantages it brings ... In fact, I already told at the beginningThat Jaime, I don't know if he's 4 years old, he has it ...
Today we are on the first day, it is that day we used to calibrate the minilink, I was about to put a correction to Angela, I got up at 3, half asleep and had 180 (for the minilink), thankfully II agreed that I could not trust and I measure it, 125 ... Now it starts to measure better, I just called Angela and the gossip marks 130 and she has 126 ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/31/2008 5:22 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Yesterday, taking a look at the network I found a job about the new technologies applied to the treatment of diabetes, talks about bombs and meters ... It is something old, from 2006, but I found interesting topics, issues that sometimes arise whenWe carry a bomb and solve them in I think that simple ....
I leave the link in case someone is interested.

With the meter we are going well.Analyzing the graphs a little to modify some sections and try to adjust a little more ... but it is not bad.At least we see the evolution for better of recent weeks ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/03/2008 3:30 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I have been taking a look at those links, Juanlu.

The first thing that surprises me is that the tests (if my English does not fail me) are doing them with children, which would be very difficult here, for the ethics committees and others.

I hope they go ahead.You already know that I would like to definitely be done by Oviedo, and we continue to break down the last obstacles, but what matters to me above all is that the artificial pancreas come out, in Oviedo, in Cambridge or in Sanserení del Monte, IIt doesn't matter.The fact is to come out.

I will keep reading slowly, to see what else says.

Health and thanks for the link.

DiabetesForo
11/05/2008 10:44 a.m.

Thank you very much for the link of "New Technologies ..." we have seemed great and it is very good for David are going to put the bomb next week.It has a lot of interesting information, so much that we have printed it whole.
We are considering the continuous meter so we read everything you write.Sometimes it seems much more necessary than the pump.Too bad that in a child as small as David (he has not fulfilled all three) it is too much appliances to take both.Also for what I read, it hurts based on putting it right?

Greetings

Yesterday taking a look at the network I found a job about the new technologies applied to the treatment of diabetes, talks about pumps and meters ... is something old,From 2006, but I found interesting issues, issues that sometimes arise when we carry a bomb and resolve them in I think that simple ....
I leave the link in case someone is interested.

With the meter we are going well.Analyzing the graphs a little to modify some sections and try to adjust a little more ... but it is not bad.At least we see the evolution for better of recent weeks ....

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/10/2008 12:53 p.m.

In this link:

You have a small book on insulin bombs dedicated to children

DiabetesForo
11/10/2008 2:11 p.m.

Hello, I want to comment on a thing related to the pump with continuous meter, more specifically with the continuous measurement.You will see, they are the surprises that you take ... well, not surprises, they are the "realities" that you imagined and that now you see.Now Angela is going through a roller mountain period at night, and of course, it is not the same to imagine it because every time you look at disparate figures, to see it live and direct, now it parribes because yes, now pabajo because too.Before, without the continuous measurement, the socks, 180, go, it is upAGGGGS, you give some slow hydrates, and, cross out, two minutes later it is rising at a good pace, at more than a good pace, Joé, to Toa Milk, Agggs, you will have to put insulin, a minibolo of 0.8, you do it, Joé, but if I have put it 2 minutes ago and is already going down .... After a while you discover that no, that you don't have to put or insulin or hydrates, no, that it is in a roller coaster, that "alone"You have to be attentive that I do not go down until hiccups ... I already tell you, it is not the same to suspect it than to see it, sometimes it is better not to look.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
11/11/2008 3:36 a.m.

How good you have explained it, handsome ... as you say, eyes that do not see, heart that does not feel ... It is the negative part of having the meter, the stress that produces to see the glycemia as they rise and lower and tease you... well, to wait for a stage of those in which the curve is more a line and that everything works well ...
Owash, I printed that book to explain to Angela what a bomb was, before putting it on.We gave it to the Fine to endo, to use it with other kids.
Santesteban, I'm glad the link serves you.It also seemed to me that it was very good.... The meter can be used discontinuously.A season to adjust guidelines, or to see the night, or when I suffer from lack of controls for different reasons ... Angela is completely adapted to him.Come on, it cost him the same as the bomb, a few days ... hurt, something else hurts, but she endures it well.And it's once every 7 days ...
The truth is that we have now touched a very bad age, prepuberty.A walking hormone, and jolin if it shows in everything ... Let's see if the minilink helps us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/11/2008 6:19 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Yesterday we went to endo.We were analyzing the graphs and it seems that despite the lack of control he had, he was very happy with the result.The objective was achieved, in most of the day a clear stability is seen.Picos are minimal and virtually hypoglycemia have been avoided.We have modified the pattern of the night to see how.Angela's difficult stage has told us.As a "hormonal storm" has defined it, and he told us that we had to deliver the minilik ... it has known me little by little, but we already knew that his intention is to try it in all children with bomb and quíThey are twenty and only 2 meters .... still, their intention is to place it in each child 15 days before the control of the hemo (that is, every 3 months) to see later in consultation where the guidelines can be improved ....
The truth is that both Samuel and Angela (the 2 children who have started this experience) commented that the device provided a lot of security.They would have wanted to continue with him.
Well, my conclusion: the need is already created.It seems to me a necessary instrument for the good control of diabetes and a better quality of life ... like everything, it requires overwhelming to learn how it behaves in each one.I do not believe that the objectives are achieved in the short term in patients who have normal control (yes in which they are poorly controlled), but with a little time and dedication do not hesitate to be a tool to take into account.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/14/2008 4 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

! Hi Velia!

The continuous glucose meter Minilink, apart from the fact that you have to change it every three days, how long does it last time, how much do they last?Does everything enter social security?
Thank you very much and greetings.

vicente's profile photo
vicente
12/10/2008 4:35 p.m.

Hi Vicente, good afternoon !!!I had not read your post ...
We have just acquired for Ángela the Minilink (my husband, Juanluis, has been bought for 3 years ... We have bought it in Medtronic, it lasts from 1 year to full performance and the batteries last a couple of weeks or soThe consumables are facilitated by social security.
We were yesterday with his endo and told us about new methods that seems that in a couple of years they will already be marketed.This is subcutaneously integrated and with a duration of 6 months ...
Therefore, I will continue writing news in the thread.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2008 10:44 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, thanks for your information, so what is the minilink, does not enter social security?

Greetings and thanks.

vicente's profile photo
vicente
12/16/2008 4:05 p.m.

Hello Vicente, you know that the supply of consumables and means for the control of diabetes depends on each autonomous community.You will have heard that there are places where they do not want to know about insulin bombs and diabetics have to make true juggling to grant them one, and yet there are others where they put them like churros .... I think it depends a little aboutThe professionals behind, of the need you see in the new methods, of the desire they have to catch up with everything new, in addition to the ability to convince the administration that the medium and long -term benefit exceeds theCost of them ... The same thing happens with the meter, it is something new, very economically expensive and to which a good human effort must be dedicated to try to determine the advantages it provides.That I know there are few users using it continuously, it is used more in an outpatient way (which for my liking is absolutely use, except that you are extremely stable), and I suppose that when the need is believed, it will begin to be raised as a more measureFor the good control of this disease .... for the moment, I do not know any place where the device is financed, but in our community, Extremadura, the sensors will finance us for now, which is already a very important step.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/17/2008 5:30 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone ... this is the second week with the meter, the truth is that with all the activities that Angela has had these vacations, the meals away from home, the sandwiches, etc, would have been crazy to get theGood control that has had, both daytime and nocturnal without minikink.He hasn't deprived anything, and when I say anything, it's nothing ...
For the rest little to tell that it is not already written in the thread.The first day and a half is unreliable and from the third to the seventh, I no longer do controls except that of the morning and after dinner, and another at midnight if it has had any up or down .... theDeviation between capillary measurement and that of the Minilink is minimal these days, some +-10 ... and the stability that can be achieved is for me (although I already have the previous experience of Juan Luis and these last 3 years)still surprising ...
We continue to observe the peak of the Novorrapid action, which begins its maximum effect when it has been supplied and ends between the hour and a half and 2 hours ....
Anyway, since I know that Angela is going through a difficult time I do not expect this more than being able to avoid the permanent hyperglycemia and the exaggerated peaks, which I know that the hormones cause and try to maintain the hem within more or less limitsacceptable .... When this time happens a little we will mark another different objective that I suppose will be a hem much closer to 6%.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/04/2009 8:09 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, this thread is a little standing because the truth is not many news .... The meter continues to work very well (there was a sensor that did not measure too well, but it has been the only one of all we have used).And the best of all is that Angela is already understanding quite well the dynamic and already makes enough decisions .... it is the good thing to have a teacher next to the side, which has already chopped so long with him ... yes, the houseIt is a fair, beeps twice, hehehe ...
The most remarkable is glycemic stability, which I think is as important as a good hemoglobin.You can be able to be in Normaglycemia most of the time.And if sugar is triggered, it is much faster to put on it.
I will continue counting cosines.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/22/2009 3:45 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good.

Yesterday, Celia's educator told me that they had asked for a new meter (not continuous, but conventional) from Bayer.
The difference with the others is that it can pass all the glycemia obtained to the pump through infrared, which can be very useful, especially for functions such as the "Bolus Wizard"
Does anyone have it already?

When they send it to you, I will give you more data.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 1:30 p.m.

Bayer?Nothing sounds to me, they have taken something new.

Yes I know Roche's infrared system: Emminems

It is worth both for the glucometer and to send the data to the pump.

It does not contribute anything special except inhalambric communication (although you have to make it so close ...) and the data management program is also quite good (at least what should be expected).
It is almost best that an external USB port is used and does not consume PC resources

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 3:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.