{'en': "Bayer's contour link", 'es': 'Contour Link de Bayer'} Image

Bayer's contour link

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/21/2010 1:17 p.m.

On Thursday they change my bomb and give me the I see the Medtronic.They also give me the contaur link meter and I think I remember that Gondullo and Velia had tried it, I don't know if someone else in the forum, I would like to know your opinions about the meter and if it is worth the change, I use the One Touch Ultrasmart ofLifescan and the truth is that I am very happy.

The novelty is that it connects wirelessly with the pump and passes the blood glucose data directly.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/21/2010 1:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have answered yourself.
The main virtue is inhalambric communication with the bomb ... I don't see more advantages.

For me the Ultrasmart is still unsurpassed ... although it is too much information for a vague like me and I got tired immediately.: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
10/21/2010 4:43 p.m.

Prado, I think you know my opinion, we use it a couple of years ago with the meter and drove us crazy.Or Gea was in a roller coaster, or did not measure an angelcorrectly (the truth is that I have animosity with bayer) ... advantages, which sends you the data to the pump, yes, then you have to confirm it ... mmmmm,I don't think so advantageous ... but hey, to try
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/21/2010 6:59 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Neither do Velia, that's why I ask, at least I am not interested in that wireless function, I'm sure I'm just going to use it, but we'll see what they tell me on Thursday, if they don't "force me" I will continue with my ultra smartThat is doing very well ...

DiabetesForo
10/22/2010 4:22 a.m.

Yes, I tried it when it came out.But regardless of what is designed to communicate with the bomb, there is nothing else.If that function does not work for you ... Stay with the one you have, which is very good.
I still see them seeing old devices, very, very closely.

I like the Xceed because it measures acetone.

I like the nano because Roche has some strips with an excellent capillarity.

I also like the excellent absorption of menarini strips, although not their devices ...

Fortunately, we have where to choose from, not as before ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/22/2010 9:32 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

We also use it, and sincerely, I like less.Communication with the bomb is not for so much.We are thinking of changing, but with which it has been lined with reactive strips, at least here, it has been difficult to choose glucometer.

DiabetesForo
10/24/2010 10:13 a.m.

Thanks guys, I am very clear that I continue with my ultrasmart .....: D

DiabetesForo
10/24/2010 1:07 p.m.

Bayer is going to get a new glucometer with built -in USB ... The format is like an MP3, very similar to Lifescan ultraesay but with the USB built -in.
It has a built -in software that works from the USB to present the glycemia, trends, graphics etc ... on the PC ...
As with the ultrasmart you can enter comments already preferred parals rare glycemias (exercise, sensation of hypo, rule, drugs ...)

The other novelty is that it is going to be sold will not be given :: !:!: It seems that the price will walk over 70-80 euros.

DiabetesForo
10/24/2010 4:14 p.m.

Bayer is going to get a new glucometer with built -in USB ... The format is like an MP3, very similar to the ultraesay of lifescan but with the USB built -in.
It has a built -in software that works from the USB to present the glycemia, trends, graphics etc ... on the PC ...
As with the ultrasmart you can enter comments already preferred parals rare glycemias (exercise, sensation of hypo, rule, drugs ...)

The other novelty is that it is going to be sold, it will not be given away: !::!: It seems that the price will walk over 70-80 euros.

What you say is already used by Roche for a long time;The smartpix, a USB connection device to which you turn the meter data, and this device shows all graphs and means, without installing any soft on the equipment.It is useful to visualize the data and graphs in any equipment without installing anything, such as in the consultation of a doctor.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/25/2010 12:06 p.m.

I just saw the meter that says Owash from Bayer, here they must have it because it is on the web, it seems much more interesting than the contour link .... let's not mind trying it .....: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
10/25/2010 12:22 p.m.

Yes, it's that ... I was vague and I didn't look for it: Mrgreen:

It paints well, it has almost all the Ultrasmart options with the addition that you can plug them directly to the PC (which I explained badly the other day).
By the way, it is loaded on the PC, which forces you to connect it to the PC.

It is likely that educators or endos have some to give away ... to those that you like to mess with the data and graphics of the glycemia facilitates the task.

DiabetesForo
10/25/2010 1:59 p.m.

Well, today they have given me a USB contour to check it in the hospital, that Bayer's have given them several units to try patients - as they call - "experts."

This is the device:
Link Style = "Max-Width: 300px;

It is small and elongated, like a pendrive (which is really) but a little bigger, since it incorporates a color display.It is loaded by connecting it to the computer, and does not require installing any soft, since a self -demand in Java allows you to analyze the results and graphs without installation of anything.Likewise, you "leave" free a measurement of 500 MB to save what you want as a traditional pendrive.

The device is simple, and when inserting the strip (by the way, quite tiny, I like that), it gives you to choose if the measurement is pre or post (this can be deactivated in the conf).It measures in 5 seconds, asks for much less blood than others such as XCEED and has a very good capillarity;Infinitely better than that of the XCEED (to continue with that example, since it is with the one I usually measure).

I have done a first measurement with both (XCEED and contour USB) and these are the results:

Contaur: 191
XCEED: 218

Tomorrow I will tell you more about the inconsistency of the results in both meters and who I think shows the real or closest value.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/10/2010 11:29 a.m.

Gondrullo, is this the contour link or is it a more advanced model?

In any case, inform us of what you are finding out.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 11:43 a.m.

Alea this is the most modern model.
I am using the contour link that gave me the new bomb and so far I am very happy, very comfortable, I find it very practical that the measurements pass automatically to the pump due to wireless connection and it is going very well, so I'm going to go fromdefinitive form.

DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 12:57 p.m.

I have not used it, but the USB contour requires high motivation, it "forces you" to introduce a good amount of information to be able to take advantage of it ... something like Ultrasmart.
That is why Bayer's allocate to "experts."

In my opinion, this type of glucometers seem excessive to most patients ... or as lazy like me: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 1:47 p.m.

Hello, this glycometer has been offered from the hospital for free when I went to the appointment with the endo.My educator told me that they have to bring them, and that I get free if I am part of the study they are going to do, which consists of a questionnaire, or something.I hope to have it in a couple of weeks when I have time to spend for him and make me the questionnaire.
I have been reading the instructions and have a lot of functions, it can be somewhat more complex than the xceed that is currently, but in my case, I love all these advances, and if it is related to technology, better than better.All the "I electroburse" I love them, so when the photo taught me the educator my eyes came out, but it looks like an MP3!Now you have to try it if it goes as well as it seems.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
11/10/2010 3:37 p.m.

I am like imadis, I love the pots.And I have always been "tester" of all those who have been dating, some of them have not even been marketed in Spain.

This usb contour is like after a day of use.It is very small and the strips are very small too.A priori this is for me something fundamental and what I value most in a meter as a young person I am.Although then in the end they spoil everything with the container of the strips (a devastating round tube that occupies a lot of space), as well as with the bag in which you carry both.I still recoup that glucometer (one of its different evolutions) that came in a beautiful, compact and reduced rigid container that was passionate about its very low size.In fact, it is the meter-chiller-pole-smaller set that I have ever had.And it has already rained since then.

Returning to the Usb Contour, its screen is in color and in principle it could be thought that it is nonsense, but if we have hypo or hyper, the result comes out in different colors, which attracts attention, in addition to that a message on the screen passesIn Scroll mode below.Likewise, it allows us to establish a rear reminder to a measurement (in case we need to measure ourselves later by a specific event), and the device will whistle us reminding us that we must measure ourselves.

When you have measured, and while you wait for 5 seconds, you can mark if it is pre or post that measurement.Useful to group the data later and assess them properly later.

It also has a light in the "mouth" of the strip, very useful in low light conditions.Something that seems silly, but if you have ever measured in the middle of a movie, you will understand and value what I tell you :-)

Finally, data contradiction.

I hit the measurements that I have made since yesterday with both:

(The first figure always belongs to Contour and the second to the XCEED)
Breakfast: 186 - 249
When I went to bed: 170 - 200
Dinner: 66 - 58
Mid -afternoon: 191 - 218
(I have not been able to make a statute, I'm sorry, I don't allow me the messages).

As you can see, the XCEDD is always above, but it would not yet know what it is that it offers the most correct measurement, since in hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia values, the meters is when they offer their highest error.When you look with a meter (whatever it is) and you have more than 250, remember that the results with different meters can vary by up to 80-100 mg/dl, since its precision plummeted.

Together, I must say that I am liking for several reasons, that I consider important (the first 3):

1. its size.It's small, what I always look for in a meter.
2. The strips have a simply excellent capillarity, which makes the necessary blood very scarce.
3. The strips are very small (if I find any type of smaller container than the tube that brings from the factory, I will transfer the strips to the new container and I can save some space.

Additionally, you also have your "point" with things like these:
4. Its color screen allows you to see the "special" data (hypo and hyper) more easily, as it shows them in another color.
5. It has an additional memory that allows us to be used as a standard pendrive (although scarce, it is only 500 MB).

Ah, and his prick.The new microlet2 that brings seemed to me that - for the moment - clicks very well.It has been a soft and painless puncture.So far I have always thought that the best prick was the softclix (and now the Multiclix), but it promises, despite being mechanically simpler (ah, and very tiny too).

PS: I have not tried its self -demand soft that shows the results on the computer.As I said, you do not need installation, so you can see whenever you want the stockings and graphs on any computer.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/11/2010 4:20 a.m.

Grondullo, I totally agree with you in your opinions.The best set that I have also was Glucometer (well, I don't know if it will be the same, perhaps an advanced Ma's version of mine: the Glucocard Memory and these)

It is hard for me to think that you do not like the function of wireless communication with the bomb.I am now using the ACCU Check Combo (a pump+ meter pack) the meter is practically equal to the rest of the accoucks, but it comes with a multiclix prick (which by the way, I cannot use because they do not provide me with the lancets in the health center,A real grief because it was wonderful) and with Bluetooth technology for the pump.For me it is honestly, wonderful.It is also complemented with the apparatus already cited before (I do not remember who), the smartpix that is simply a pot connected to the USB that without the need to install anything makes you the data transfers, showing you various graphics, and most importantly: it connectsWith a web program, Emminens, which sends the data to the doctor via the Internet.I can send you consultations through the web and he can answer there or my mobile phone.

I sincerely cannot be happier.Not having to manipulate the pump is sometimes a blessing, so I do not understand that you do not like the system.Not because it is not seen (which does not matter to me) but because if it is somewhere hidden and I have to remove 5 layers of clothes to get to it, I do see it as an advantage hahaha ... I don't know.For tastes colors, but I find it hard to think about it.

The new meters, do you ask them in the endo or do you offer them in consultation?I have only had 4 in 10 years (Glucocard to Glucocardmemory, then to One Touch and now Acu Check) and all have been out of necessity (I broke or for the bomb) or because the houses sent me ...

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/11/2010 4:51 a.m.

My mother, how cool that of the USB glucometer, right?
I have only had the house of Lifescan, and the truth is that I am happy with them, and the technical service of 10.
As for strips, I have no problems. I have a meter that I take to work, and another, which I carry in my bag (this, is smaller, and when using the 2 the same strips, because it is good for me). In every boxOf strips, 2 tubes of strips come. But with respect to the subject we are talking about, of the USB meter, I have a couple of doubts-chorras:

-An there are no strips of that glucomentor in the outpatients, right?Maybe it's still soon, I don't know ...
-I have never offered my endocrine or nurses.Could you get?just buying it?
-A to be a new meter, with new strips ... I imagine that the S. will cost the strips more expensive, so maybe it can then be a problem, I mean that if now they give me for example 3 boxes of strips ofMy device, which has been in operation for a long time, perhaps this is new, the boxes with account account are distributed and give you only 1 box ... right?Or do you have nothing to see?
-And the last doubt-chorra, hahahaha. One of my meters, which I carry in my bag, I like it for how tiny the case is, and so it does not occupy me much space, since instead of bags, I use "bags", of the things I carry, and then you search looking for the glucometer ... well, that I roll up, the USB glucometer case is tiny?Or is it more big as a normal meter?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/11/2010 7:16 a.m.

Hello,

I am waiting for them to give me the accu-chek and that I change my bomb.The truth is that it must be very comfortable to handle the pump without having to take it out or start with rare postures because you do not reach the buttons: P

By the way, Gondurulo, are you a programmer or computer or something similar, right?I have been funny about Java and the "mouth"
Does anyone know of some really good, comfortable, fast, intuitive software ...?to keep control of glycemia/insulin.The dexcomola is true that it is wonderful, if you curre you a little you can register everything with the device and then turn it to the computer.In addition, it allows you all export time: XML, CVS, .. but to manually record the glycemias I have not found anything ...

tica's profile photo
tica
11/11/2010 8:33 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.