{'en': "Bayer's contour link", 'es': 'Contour Link de Bayer'} Image

Bayer's contour link

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/21/2010 1:17 p.m.

... speaking, of the USB meter, I have a couple of doubts-chorras:

-An there are no strips of that glucomentor in the outpatients, right?Maybe it's still soon, I don't know ...
Of course there is.They are the same as those of the contour link that gives name to this thread.

-I have never offered my endocrine or nurses.Could you get?just buying it?
I imagine that if you call Bayer 900 100 117, they will send you one for the pin.They have always done so.What interests them is that I use the more people the better, because that means that the SS will buy more strips to Bayer than to their competition.It's that simple.

-A to be a new meter, with new strips ... I imagine that the S. will cost the strips more expensive, so maybe it can then be a problem, I mean that if now they give me for example 3 boxes of strips ofMy device, which has been in operation for a long time, perhaps this is new, the boxes with account account are distributed and give you only 1 box ... right?Or do you have nothing to see?
It has nothing to do.If your health service has among the suppliers of strips to Bayer, you will surely have those of the contour.

-And the last doubt-chorra, hahahaha. One of my meters, which I carry in my bag, I like it for how tiny the case is, and so it does not occupy me much space, since instead of bags, I use "bags", of the things I carry, and then you search looking for the glucometer ... well, that I roll up, the USB glucometer case is tiny?Or is it more big as a normal meter?
The glucometer case is not huge, but it could be much smaller, since the device is.But this theme of the case is something that manufacturers do not lose many neurons, judging by the different bags that come with the meters that swarm or have pulled for the market in recent years.But if your bag does not cool you, you can use your own, as many people do.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/11/2010 10:42 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

By the way, Gondurulo, are you programmer or computer or something similar, right?I have been funny about Java and the "mouth"
Does anyone know of some really good, comfortable, fast, intuitive software ...?to keep control of glycemia/insulin.The dexcomola is true that it is wonderful, if you curre you a little you can register everything with the device and then turn it to the computer.In addition, it allows you all export time: XML, CVS, .. but to manually record the glycemias I have not found anything ...

Do you have the Dexcom ???I am super interested in him, but he has disappointed me a lot the price policy that his new importer in Spain has established;Iberian Novalab.I don't want to spend a money every month on sensors.

No, I'm not computer scientist, but I like all that.I am a secret police ... Wow, I have said it.The same thing always happens to me ...

As for soft, I liked the ancient Bayer;The previous Win Glucofacts, for its possibilities when filtering the information and discriminating the data we need at all times.And at the opposite end, because of its simplicity, I liked Abbott's precision link that is no longer available.
But the truth is that I no longer demanded the meters of the meters so much as before, when the data consulted much more.Now I almost never look at him.In my head I usually have what I should touch in my insulin guideline if it is necessary to do it.And if I look at it, it's more out of curiosity than anything else ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/11/2010 10:49 a.m.

Thanks Grondullo, you are a crack !!!;) :))
Now I would have to weigh if it suits me the 2 that I have of lifescan ... or settle for one, which for example was the USB.
Mmmm ... difficult decision ... and the other you speak, the dexcom, which is special or different from others?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/11/2010 1:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Dexcom is a continuous implantable meter with a catheter in the style of insulin pumps

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/12/2010 2:43 a.m.

The Dexcom is a continuous sugar meter.I think it's the best there is.They are sensors that transmits the level of sugar on a radio frequency to a speech that can be 1.5m from the sensor ... you can carry it in the bag and do not take it as the pump tied to the body.Each sensor gives you a guarantee of 1 week (or so they say, because so that they will return a sensor it is almost impossible ... things of the company that distributes it) but to me, the one that lasted me less were 2 weeks and the one whoplus 3 and because the dressing was released.And the best thing is the precise thing that is, if blood glucose is between 70 and 250 practically it has no error, they say it has a delay of 10 minutes, but it gives me the feeling that is much less.Of course, when the sugar begins to go down a little, the clamp goes a little and if you are 55, he tells you that these at less than 40, but I do not know why this is thus scheduled for security.If it marks you, it is that you are sure, but better to have an analysis ...

The problem is the company that distributes it, I do not know that they do a favor selling the device.I have a roche bomb and the difference in customer service is all ( anecdote mode: when they came to explain how the commercial's apartment worked, which was or worse that I have seen in my life, my name is fat, that I don'tI am ... From that day I have gone to two dietitian and none wants to put me on a diet ...., I was with gastroenteritis and he told me that if I literally shitI will suffer from being diabetic from so young ... Let's go one behind.And they do not recipe those bombs because I had no good service, that if you spoiled the pump they could take several days to solve the problem ) then with the device I had several problems.A week I spoiled me, I went to ski and I don't know if the cold felt bad that I stopped working, call and told me that what had happened to him was that he had wet me and I told him no and told me lookThat I have it very clear, that you open to the water, but since I cannot prove it I will have to change it but do not happen to you again ... They send me the new apartment and a week I get up sweating to the beast and witha hypoglycemia of the real ones and looked at the pot and no longer marked figure or anything ... just put: low.The speaker had been spoiled.I called again and tells me that it was because I had wet it, I couldn't believe it anymore.It took two weeks to send me a new one (which was repaired) and when I arrived I went on and did not whistle.Call super pissed off and the aunt no longer dared to tell me anything, they told me not to use it to continue with mine, that they would send me another ... I went on a trip and after another two weeks I had my apartment that worked well andIt seems that there are no more problems.
But well, in spite of all this, I think it is worth it because it works very well and since I have the basal I have adjusted it perfectly and we go ... I think that the immediate solution to diabetes (without implying allowingof being diabetic) are these sensors and the intelligent insulin pump or what is known as artificial pancreas ... I tell me the commercial that a sensor is developing, which would be implemented under the skin and that could last more than a year andthat glycemia are very precise and should be done already rehearsals ... Let's see if something like this comes out !!!

tica's profile photo
tica
11/12/2010 3:19 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

The artificial pancreas sounds like a blessed glory ... Meanwhile, what price does that meter and its consumables have?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/12/2010 5:20 a.m.

The first, forgive to continue this offopic in which we have gotten

Tica, you do not explain very well if all those moves are with Roche or with Iberian Novalab.
I understand that with Novalab, right?

How much do you spend a month on consumables?Do you buy the sensors from them?Do you wear it all the time?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/12/2010 5:41 a.m.

Hello,

It's with Novolab ...

Now I do not take it because several expenses have gathered these months, but each box lasted me two months, even a little more.Also as long as you carry the sensor you cannot take paracetamol because it does not work for 8 hours.So the week I am going to be with the rule I do not put it (I am allergic to all the anti -inflammatories, less to the paracetamol ...).I get about 150 euros.

The last box La Pedi in July and expired on September 1 ... (if the sensor is expired and does not work has no guarantee) and the last sensor had to put it expired in September.Well, that a box for more or less two months.A box 320 = & GT;150 per month approx.You have offers, if you buy two boxes they give you 50 euros for the next month (of course they give them with the right dates ...).Then there is the "flat rate" option that I think were about 1900 euros a year and they gave you 7 boxes.But the boxes supply them when you ask for it, so there are no problems with the dates.I think that in this way a free box came out

tica's profile photo
tica
11/12/2010 6:12 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Ok, and what is the price of the meter? ...

DiabetesForo
11/12/2010 7:04 a.m.

It sounds to me that it was 1000 euros with receiver and transmitter.I don't remember if it was with a sensor box ...

tica's profile photo
tica
11/12/2010 7:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I the last news I had, was one 600 euros the receiver ...: -S
Well, it doesn't matter.The price of the device is the least.That can be paid.The biggest problem of all these devices is that of the sensors, which suppose you a budget per month hardly assumed by most people.Not to mention the emitter that goes on the sensor, which has a useful life rather, and when it is time to change it, prepare to release a little money that is not little.

It is a pity that despite the fact that this device (and I refer specifically to the Dexcom, which is the most affordable, because that of Medtronic is even more prohibitive) has been popularized and already a certain park installed of them, prices do notThey have dropped as we all expected.

And in these cases I always think about ... What is better, sell 10 to 5 per unit (collections 50) or sell 20 to 3 (collections 60)?In the second way, not only do you raise more, but you increase the park of your product, and if it is a maintenance product (like this one we are talking about) you are ensuring enough more benefits than with the prices of the first example.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/12/2010 7:29 a.m.

If this device has that price, I do not want to think what they will ask for the artificial pancreas ... :(

DiabetesForo
11/14/2010 7 a.m.

I was filled on Friday (I had an appointment with the educator) when I asked the price of continuous meters out of curiosity.
He told me that for now, there were only 2 houses that had it (at least here), that of Dexcom and that of Medtronic.
Right now I do not remember which of the 2 was exactly but one cost € 1500 and the maintenance of the fungibles was € 300 per month,
and the other cost € 4000 and the maintenance of the fungibles was € 60 a week.
I already told him, don't tell me anymore ..... :(

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/14/2010 7:12 a.m.

I love all the apparatus, I have the One Touch Easy Smart that is small and light and has memory for 500 punctures, but I would like one of those that can be connected to the computer where I could get it?

annasira's profile photo
annasira
11/15/2010 8:49 a.m.

Some know from my reluctance to Bayer's glucometers, it can be exaggerated, in fact I am not sure that they had to see even with the fact that my daughter at the time when she used them, I do not remember the model, it was oneOf those who carry a thread with the pregared strips (very comfortable for her, very hygienic and very practical), suffered 2 serious hypoglycemia.I have to say that it was freshly debuted and using pre -en -insulins, to which for the same reason, among others, I have a considerable pull.In addition, I could see that between some measurements and others made with the same device or with a different one there were differences of up to 100 and 150 mg/dl ... Therefore, I have avoided the use of the brand for this purpose, butA couple of years ago they gave me the contour link, almost all of you will know the characteristics of the device and the advantage provided by the wireless data reception.At that time I only used it a couple of days, since we had the minilink and it was impossible for us... I put it aside again, I didn't trust.In my hospital they have been giving me the tabarra all this time to use it, which is very good, that everyone is doing well, and Patatán Patatán.In the last review they insisted again in such a way that I agreed to try again ... I had it 2 months on the table without any encouragement to open it and in view of the fact that at the end of the month we touch us again, last weekWe finally started it .... What things !!!, on Thursday Angela calls me from the Institutetime ”“ 216, Mommy ”, jolin again ... wipe again, to see which one we stayed“ 190 ”.... I did not imagine how, but hey, an isolated fact can happen, that if the sampleIt was contaminated, if such .... Although I wondered, what would have happened if I had put the 3 or 4 insulin units to correct the hyper .... you will tell me ... Well, I am not happy with that, yesterday, yesterdayHe calls me again and tells me, I have had 400 again, but with the same drop I measured again and gave 205 and once again 190 ... and now what ??? ... I called the hospital, and they say thatIt only happens to me, to call the commercial, and after talking to him, very kind the littleThey analyze it in the laboratory and that give me a new one .... I will do that, but I do not trust anything ... ah!, I have to say that this is not the same as 2 years ago, it is a new one.Also that on Thursday we made parallel measurements with another gluco and gave more or less the same ... Anyway, that I am made a mess ...
What do you think?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/01/2011 5:04 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I have been using it since October that they gave it to me when I changed my bomb and I am delighted with him and see that it was reluctant to change because I was very happy with Lifescan.It seems a lot better, I need very little blood and it seems very reliable.I did at the beginning comparison with the Ultrasmart and there was always a difference between the two, I was lower the contour link and there I could clearly see why I almost never agreed the average of my glycemia with hemoglobin, I think the contour is more exact, at least in me.

DiabetesForo
02/01/2011 5:20 a.m.

<Blockquote Rel = "" Velia "" = ""The time in which he used them, I do not remember the model, was one of those that carry a thread with the pregared strips (very comfortable for her, very hygienic and very practical), suffered 2 serious hypoglycemia.I have to say that it was freshly debuted and using pre -en -insulins, to which for the same reason, among others, I have a considerable pull.In addition, I could see that between some measurements and others made with the same device or with a different one there were differences of up to 100 and 150 mg/dl ... Therefore, I have avoided the use of the brand for this purpose, butA couple of years ago they gave me the contour link, almost all of you will know the characteristics of the device and the advantage provided by the wireless data reception.At that time I only used it a couple of days, since we had the minilink and it was impossible for us... I put it aside again, I didn't trust.In my hospital they have been giving me the tabarra all this time to use it, which is very good, that everyone is doing well, and Patatán Patatán.In the last review they insisted again in such a way that I agreed to try again ... I had it 2 months on the table without any encouragement to open it and in view of the fact that at the end of the month we touch us again, last weekWe finally started it .... What things !!!, on Thursday Angela calls me from the Institutetime ”“ 216, Mommy ”, jolin again ... wipe again, to see which one we stayed“ 190 ”.... I did not imagine how, but hey, an isolated fact can happen, that if the sampleIt was contaminated, if such .... Although I wondered, what would have happened if I had put the 3 or 4 insulin units to correct the hyper .... you will tell me ... Well, I am not happy with that, yesterday, yesterdayHe calls me again and tells me, I have had 400 again, but with the same drop I measured again and gave 205 and once again 190 ... and now what ??? ... I called the hospital, and they say thatIt only happens to me, to call the commercial, and after talking to him, very kind the littleThey analyze it in the laboratory and that give me a new one .... I will do that, but I do not trust anything ... ah!, I have to say that this is not the same as 2 years ago, it is a new one.Also that on Thursday we made parallel measurements with another gluco and gave more or less the same ... Anyway, that I am made a mess ...
What do you think?

Montse, the comparison between meters I do it by system whenever change of meter.And not one or two or three times.And when I compared the USB contour with the Nano de Roche or the XCEED of Abbott the result is always the same;They do not match.But not for much, that is, normal.

What I do tell you is that when your daughter has measured because she thought she was high, these devices (both the bayer and the others) have a very high error index.Therefore, different consecutive measurements can come out with very very different results, and especially with a difference between them very large.One day I talked to a brand representative (I don't remember which one) and explained in detail the technology they use (all) to measure.And I came to tell me with few words, that a meter is reliable the more normoglycemic these.If you separate from normal, the error increases greatly, both above (hyper) and below (hypo).What happens is that for example, 8% error in a hip can be 4 mg, while in a hyper it can be 40 mg.That explanation convinced me a lot and it is the one that I welcome every time I look twice and I see such disparate results.

Why do you think that the good measure was looked at 3 times is the third and not the first?If you correct based on the first measurement, it may be fine ... or not.Among the many many factors or rather variables that escape our control (those variables that obsess both your husband), is also this;the precision (or imprecision) of the meters.One day we have a downturn and we think ... What have I done wrong?And you review all day and you don't find why ... and simply, it may be that that day, the onion of the food was more abundant ... or that the previous insulin prick had penetrated a little more muscularly than at the subcutaneous level.Or that you had spent a little heat in the morning at a meeting and that accelerated a little more your usual glucose consumption.Or that that morning you had a more intense movement of certain hormones, and therefore, there was more inhibition of insulin action.Or ... or ... or ... that is, the meter is one more.I would not blame Bayer for a general problem.I personally do not care about the model.I only look for a small, fast apparatus, with good capillarity in the strip and good management program.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/01/2011 11:31 a.m.

just clarify that not all meters measure the same.
In this link they explain better than me: Link ... Lucosa.htm >

DiabetesForo
02/01/2011 11:53 a.m.

Well, I just told the route but we have stopped using the contour link.It was to change the bomb (from the animas to the see), change the meter (from the freestyle to the contour link) and put the continuous meter and move from we have 6.8-7 to we have 7.5-8.At first we thought that when carrying the continuous meter, no hypoglycemia escaped and that is why we have been higher, but now no longer "sneaks up."We carry strict control and it is not normal for the average of the measurements to be 120-130 (counting pres and post, which are the ones that the minilink takes) and then we have a 7.5 hemo.
So we have dedicated changing the blood meter, and using the aviva, if the next hemo is lower, we will blame the contour link :?

mani05's profile photo
mani05
02/01/2011 6:03 p.m.

Mani, when my daughter was little, we changed a Bayer meter for Menarini's and, only for the change, the hemo lowered at 1 point.Since then we use the latter and has always been very reliable.Yes, a good meter is important.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/01/2011 6:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.