{'en': 'New recommendations in insulin injection techniques', 'es': 'Nuevas recomendaciones en técnicas de inyección de la insulina'} Image

New recommendations in insulin injection techniques

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/05/2010 2:13 p.m.

Hello everyone, today I had to go for needles, and I have asked for the 5 mm.I have always used those of 8, I have tried it and it is very small.And I ask, if insulin will enter well, has anyone tried it?
Today I have given me three boxes of strips of measuring the sugar, rare, with how stingy they were, they always gave me a box, it will have been for Baberme changed my header and nurse.
Greetings and happy year to all: P

Consu's profile photo
Consu
12/28/2010 10:27 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Hi Consu:
The 5mm needles were used and they were doing very well, now with the pump I still use the 6 mm small catheter and it also does well.If you are thin, you will not have a problem.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/28/2010 10:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

thin noooo, I look like Popeye's girlfriend, thanks Prado :))
Today I have tested the 5 mm needle again.In the belly, and was the liquid out, is it normal?

Consu's profile photo
Consu
12/28/2010 10:54 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

I have just attended a talk today that my educator has given as president of the Diabetics Association of my province in which I explained this.The truth is that it is very interesting and very practical (at least for me, that I wanted to ask him why so many hematomas came out, although I already suspected it. Now I know that, probably, it is because I inject the insulin intramuscularly).

In addition, I am using 8 mm needles.And I plan to change to those of 6. And, as soon as you can access those of 4, I will almost take that one and try :))

Well, even if I have not read it until today (I have not gotten into the forum), thank you very much for the information, Owash;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
12/30/2010 1:21 p.m.

Consu, the "chimney" of the needles, that is, the internal diameter of the needles is the same (it does not matter the size, of 5 as of 8).
So insulin enters exactly the same ... you click sure in subcutaneous zone, without pinching and without the possibility of taking muscle.

Jordi ... Tere is tremendous: Mrgreen: :))

DiabetesForo
12/30/2010 2:06 p.m.

Hello, I would need help to a question about the injection zone.I click Levemr 22 u.In the morning, and I am realizing that as the days pass, it is like that it makes me less effect.I explained, at first, I started with 28 u., But I punctured my thighs, and when I changed to the belly, I started having some hypos especially in the morning, and I started going down to 22, but for a few days I amHaving quite high levels 180, when I had 100. So I don't know if it is a matter of nerves (they have thrown me out of work after 23 years), or it is necessary to change the area of ​​pricking the insulin.In case you have to alternate (belly, thighs, arms), every so often could anyone tell me?The doctor does not tell me anything, and I dare not change and increase the amount of insulin I only.It makes me angry, since I had quite controlled the diet and glucose levels and began to do well.Thank you

puri's profile photo
puri
01/03/2011 11:49 a.m.

Puri, the norm is not to click 2 times in a row in the same place.
One thing is the injection areas (arms, thighs, ass, belly) and another is that within each area you have to rotate.
It is said that between puncture and puncture you have to leave a separation of at least 1 finger (wide: mrgreen: not along).
For example, in the belly you can start on the top right and click down and left ...
When you finish that area, you pass to another area ... for example the left arm and do the same, you start from above and gradually go down, always trying to prick you in the same place.

If you always click on the same area, you end up overexploiting the area ... You have many more possibilities that lipodystrophies appear (such as durillian packages), that prevents insulin from doing its effect completely.

In my opinion, and only in my opinion, the injection areas influence less than we think (except lipodystrophies) and thus it seems that studies point it ... although as we always say, each one is a different world.

I do not know if I have clarified the subject more or I have complicated it more ...

DiabetesForo
01/03/2011 2:14 p.m.

Thank you Owash, do not worry, that you have not looked at me, my problem is that I carry a scar from the pelvis through the navel to almost my chest, which is more difficult for me to expand the area and although it seems a lie, noI see where I have punctured the previous day, because I have no brand.According to the nurse, the area is from a little above the navel to the "Barrigueta" (area where the Michelin comes out that we say here by Alicante) speaking vertically and from the navel "in my case by the scar) to 4 fingers toDcha and left.
So what do I do until Friday to go to the doctor. Increase insulin 2 more?Area change?Can I keep my levels
Today without going any further at mid-morning than I had 100, I had 196 and 3 hours after eating (the usual in terms of quantity of food and hydrates), I had 256, when in normal conditions I am in 180-200 (high butNot so much for the topic of the cortisonas)
This world is crazy, and worst of all, is that when I have it this high, I get nervous and I don't know what to do, since I can't do sports
A kiss and thank you.

puri's profile photo
puri
01/03/2011 3:11 p.m.

If you increase 1 unit, no 2 ...
But try more of temporary sequences than not of concrete glycemia ... if the same thing happens to you for 4-5 days in a row then it is a sequence to see that something happens ... I imagine that this you will already take into account.

One of my favorite areas is the cartridges: mrgreen: ... the molla on both sides of the hip but pulling back ... you have to make a small turn to puncture, but it is an ideal area for its meat (e my myLean meat case :)))
An idea that I saw is to paint the next injection point with a marker or something ... just before clicking you and you paint another point .... Thus you puncture in a clean zone and you have already indicated the following.
Another solution is to use templates that educators usually have and that children usually use (and not so children) are from the BD brand, they are small cartons with holes that mark a start and a little walk so as not to repeat the area, there are for themthe leg (or arm) and the abdomen.

DiabetesForo
01/03/2011 5:19 p.m.

5 mm needles.They are wonderful, I recommend them, they don't hurt anything at all, it barely feels, I had left the 8, cachis the sea I have to spend them and I have a few!Thanks Owash.
See you soon.:)) I was funny about the marker.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/14/2011 1:15 p.m.

Hello!!
I have been putting the rapids with the 5 mm for about 15 days, and the truth is that it shows.Those that have 8mm use them for the lantus because I put it in the buttocks.

Anyway, I have been (of these 15 days) last week) that I put the fast much worse than before, even are 5mm needles.I usually put the apidra in the belly or on the side of the waist, but like that lately I notice that I have a stronger skin and as if I had less fat.I don't know if I am somewhat swollen of gases that I usually suffer a lot (sometimes filing to lower them a little) or that when running I am also burning the fat of the stomach.I have even made a small brunette, even if, smaller than someone I have done with the 8mm.
I am thinking of changing the arms area for a season, but it makes me angry that now that I had it quite stable, I would like to change my area, and I have the endocrine on February 8 and I did not want to get worse just beforeto go ...

What do you think?

DiabetesForo
01/18/2011 2:53 a.m.

Owash said:

Insulins and injection areas

Ultra -grapid insulins (Novorapid, Humalog, Apidra), Slow insulins (Lantus, Levemir) and LPG1 (Exenetide, Byetta, Victoza, Liraglutide) can be injected into any injection zone, absorption speed does not vary depending on the area ...It the same arms, legs, abdomen ... much more influential is to prick in areas where they do not have lipodystrophies.

Human insulins (NPH, Actrapid, Insulatard, Humulin, Mixtard) are more sensitive to absorption according to the injection zone.If used as basal they should be used in thighs and buttocks to slow the absorption.

Good day,
I am very thin, I have very little fat and little surface to vary.The slow one always click on the thighs, and without problems.

I am having the last month with the fast: I always injected into the belly;But there are some points where I can't do it, at least for now;In one because I got a lump and in others because I get bruised big to the first change.By indication of the endocrine I started with the sides of the abdomen, that is, backwards, and there it is good (but of course, there it gives me for two punctures, because I do not arrive further behind).But he also told me (my Endo Majo and that of the SS, the same) that I can put the fast in the lower part of the buttocks, in the final "mollita" of the thigh that is already buttock.Well, I have done it four times, and from them I have had very unnestical hyperglycemia in me.And no, not a drop has not left.
Chance with other variables?It is possible, but that makes me think that, either it is not absorbed the same as in the abdomen, or that it is absorbed later, or ... I do not know.That is why I quote what Owash said, that there is no difference in absorption, which is the same as the endo told me.

I add this message that put @"fer", of the injection zones and techniques, updated, because there does not appear either the area of ​​the buttocks I comment.
Link insulina

I add a photo that I have found around, which indicates the lowest area of ​​the buttocks that I mean.

Well, I'll keep testing;And, of course, use both hands with the same skill almost as usual to inject ... "There is no evil that does not come":-P

By the way, in this correction that I have done today because at the time (maximum peak of the apidra) I rose to me (that marked the free, and in capillary I marked less but also high), I have gone down down.Of course, a correction unit there are days that for me is a lot, but I cannot leave the value in 240. When you fall into chop.Because it has joined the effect of the first injection, which, being in the buttock, is slower.It is an assumption, I do not know if correct.The fact is that in the last three days, when doing tests on the buttocks, the thing has been out of control.Other factors too?Maybe.But as it seems too coincidence, I comment.

Good day :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
12/28/2016 10:30 a.m.

Excellent information !!!!
At home the 6 mm needles are used .... to my husband, the 8 mm ( @-)) gives terror.
With respect to " when doses greater than 40 units are injectTruth, although not always.
My husband injects the Lantus (50 units) in the buttocks (: ... & gt;-,) they tell me hehehe.And it is very rare that it overflows, only does it when it gets tense.
Sole, when I inject in the abdomen never overflows him, (about her are 60 of Lantus) not when I injected them into the buttock, if she is tense (because it hurts) I have to unfold it so that she does not overflow orIt hurts so much, but if she is sleeping, that is, lax, I can inject her with a single puncture and she doesn't overflow anything.
Thanks for the information.

ibapatri's profile photo
ibapatri
02/05/2018 2:34 p.m.

Por orden de debut:
Anabel a los 4 hoy 25 años
Soledad a los 19 hoy 31 años, discapacitada mental severa e irreversible.
Mi marido Abel a los 59 hoy 62 años
Todos insulinodependientes

With toujeo, although more units are needed than with Lantus, the injected volume is much lower, because it is three times more concentrated.
So the "" overflows "" would be avoided, in theory ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/05/2018 9:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.