{'en': 'New recommendations in insulin injection techniques', 'es': 'Nuevas recomendaciones en técnicas de inyección de la insulina'} Image

New recommendations in insulin injection techniques

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/05/2010 2:13 p.m.

Grondullo, here in Donosti TB they give me the insufficeles, there are no others, they tell me that they are the ones that have, for now I had no problem with them, but for what everyone says they are very bad, because I have no other option to use them than to use them, until they bring others in the ambulatory
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/11/2010 6:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Anabeg, I would like you to record patient care in writing that you have problems with those needles (although so far you have not had any ;-)).Because Osakidetza tells us that if there is no record of complaints, he ignores us when we tell him that these needles are a public danger.We have proof of cases that have departed and stayed under the skin, we have cases that bend when puncturing, they can't stand two punctures, do not hook the feathers well and sometimes insulin is lost by the junction, the needle does notIt is even half of well finished that BD and scratch when clicking ... Anyway, the list of nonsense is long and we even have doctors who openly manifest that these needles are a horror that must be avoided.We in the association of Diabetes we have managed not to buy anymore, but we have to get Osakidetza not to buy those needles anywhere in the Basque Country.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/12/2010 2:41 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Grondullo, I have stayed: Shock :: Shock :: Shock: I really had no idea that they were so bad, I'll go next week to complain to the ambulatory, which I don't understand if they are so bad because people don't knowcomplaints more, Osakidetza should stop buying them and bringing other brands
All the best,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/12/2010 10:06 a.m.

Insupen have been trying to place the stock they have in Spain for many years, in different autonomies.

In Galicia and Valencia, the pressures of patient associations were thrown out;In Catalonia they did not even pass the minimum quality control ... They have an alert of the Spanish Agency for Data Protection for the events of Valencia 4 years ago ... In Madrid there was also controversy, just as in Andalusia and the Basque Country.
And it is that their needles, in addition to bad, are cheap ... and they are cheap because they have that stock and have to go out ... they compete at very low prices, almost at cost price and with this argument they convince the politicucho ofShift, which also points somewhat by reducing the costs of your department.

Insupen have another needle line, much better, in the BD line, but curiously it is not these needles that present to supply competitions ... because it is more expensive (obviously).

As I have ever written before, for me the order of better needles: Novo, BD .......... and kilometers away Braun and Insupe.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/13/2010 2:46 a.m.

Hello,

Thanks for the Owash data!Could you tell me the study reference?I like to read these little things, thank you!:)

Regarding what they say, I use bomb with insulin novorapid and if you note differentiate depending on the injection zone.For example, in the belly the controls are much better than if I have the injection into the rear or the final part of the back and I have no lipodystrophy:-/.

The Lancetas of the controls, they also told me to change them every two or three days.What they did emphasized was change if it was used by another person (obvious :))).

: D

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
11/13/2010 6:26 a.m.

Hello colleagues.

First of all reflect my discontent for the poor puppy who removed the pancreas for the experiment.Surely it was vital for investigations ... at least it could be known as secular that I travel to space (and that I don't like dogs very much ;-))

I use 8 mm and sometimes I am aware that I punish myself as a copon hurts.I am throwing thin 1.80 and 72 kilos if the needle being a little shorter does the same do not hesitate that in my next visit I will say it and if I can ask them.

Thank you very much for the info.

Hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
11/13/2010 10:53 a.m.

I have no problem in injected to the buttocks, but where it can be a song, :)) recently two times I had to injected into my legs with 8mm needles and I have gotten from bruises, first inflammation and redness and then goingChanging color and lowering inflammation, a few annoying weeks of the process.I also think that Levemir causes me allergic reaction, redness, inflammation, pain and itching.I have a lot of annoyance to change insulin, but maybe it's what it touches.Now I am injecting more often in the gut, maybe if I change the butt gives me less reaction.What is true is that it makes me more difficult to inject with 6mm needles, so 5mm.It should be better, it is worth spending of 22 euros per 100 needles if the health center cannot provide them for free.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
11/13/2010 2:34 p.m.

Helloaaaaa,
There are times that Moratón comes out, and it hurts me, although less and less, I will try to click on the buttocks, to see if I arrive :)) :)) :)) or that now I am in the curroI ask for the compi, hahahaha, we are nor a pussy, which I fall badly, capable of hurting me
The next visit you have with the nurse will ask you about the 5mm needles
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/13/2010 3:24 p.m.

Hello,
Thanks for the Owash data!Could you tell me the study reference?I like to read these little things, thank you!:)

The review of all the studies that have been done and that have given rise to the recommendations on the needles is called:
The Third Injection Technique Workshop in Athens (Titan).

I have only found the abstract:

Some documents that I have not yet looked for, I imagine that some magazines will not be available:

4mm needle reduces the risk of intramuscular injections without increasing reflux children and thin adults
Birkebaek and al
Diabetes Care, Volume 31, Number 9, SEPTEmber 2008

Skin thickness and subcutaneous tissue in adults with diabetes in the usual injection areas: recommended needle length.
Gibney Ma, Arce Ch, Byron KJ, Hirsch LJ
CMRO 2010;26 (6): 1519–1530

The angle injection technique using 6mm needles reduces the risk of intramuscular injections in children and adolescents
P.L.Hofman et al
Diabetic Medicine, April 2007, 24, 1400-1405

A multicenter, open, random, cross -cross study, carried out with 6mm (31g) versus needles of 12.7mm (29g), which compares glycemic control, satisfaction and preference in obese diabetic patients
S. Schwartz et al
Clinical Therapeutics, October 2004, 26 (10)

An epidemiological pan-European study of insulin injection techniques in diabetic patients
K. Strauss
Practical Diabetes International, 2002, 19 (3)

DiabetesForo
11/14/2010 3:27 a.m.

Thank you very much Owash !:)

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
11/14/2010 5:53 a.m.

I just got dead ........ I click Levemir 28 U, in the morning and expense of 8 mm needles .. As I am so thin, the nurse told me, to puncture me in the thigh (but not inthe ass), since it is the only site, where I can do a little pinch, and I do so, I punctuate myself in the outer side of the thigh, or the top, with the straight needle not inclined is dangerous?I consult with her again to see what do I do?I am clicking badly and that's why I don't have all the effect that has to do me on food and dinner post ????????? '
Tell me something, I start to mosque

puri's profile photo
puri
11/15/2010 2:07 p.m.

Well, yesterday I had an educator, and I told her about the needles, and nothing released the roll that the 6mm needles that were for babies, that I could not compare my skin with that of a baby, etc ... etc ...
I think, although it seems very good in his field, he is getting somewhat outdated regarding the needles ...
And well, not to mention, that it seems that the 8mm nobrán needles in the health center I am going to.I have not yet spent 1 box in almost a month (I have 4 or 5) and I already have another 3, of course, 8mm.
What I need are strips, since looking at me 6 times a day, once more, I spend a box of strips a week.
Every time I am going to ask them for the nurse who gives the material, he asks me that if I do it wrong, it is not normal for him to spend so many even if he has type I ... etc and does not give me more than two boxes, and always accompanied byOne of needles.
So in the end I walked with a lot of needles, and with the strips that I will have to send my mother (I can't) every 15 days for them ...

PD: To top it off, that of the material, goes and tells me all outraged, that I fixed, that his nephew has just debuted with type I diabetes at 25 years ... and I say, he looks, like me.And he tells me, but ...
Man, I understand that he is his nephew, because he will affect him more than to happen to a stranger, but man, to tell me as in plan that he is worse ... sure that his nephew is not going to spare the strips:!

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 3:25 a.m.

Yesterday I have gone to my health center for strips and needles.
A screaming nurse and fed up with her work has served me.
I gave him that with three boxes of strips a month I did not get to me and to my surprise he has told me that "it gives me four that nothing happens than those I need" .....
And after reading this thread and (although my old nurse told me that the 6mm needles were for children) I asked if I could give me a box of the needles of the 5mm (here are 5mm, 8 mm - the ones II use/used- and 12mm) and, again surprise !!!!, who gives it to me without putting me hit ...
And I am testing them since yesterday and what a difference !!!!! any damage and not a bruise ... if my glycemias does not change (worse) I will try to keep these.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/17/2010 5:27 a.m.

Jo how well Ana82, I'm going to wait for the next time and I will try again ...
But I can't get me more than 2 boxes every time, and the needles, with all I have, I don't know what to do ...

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 7:23 a.m.

Well, yesterday I had an educator, and I told her about the needles, and nothing released the roll that the 6mm needles that were for babies, that I could not compare my skin withthat of a baby, etc ...
I think, although it seems very good in his field, he is getting somewhat outdated regarding the needles ...

: Shock :: Shock:
What hospital do you take you ???
Out of curiosity to see the "espabilada educator" that treats you ...

He has no fashioned idea, at least of this .... The size of the needle has to adjust at the distance of the surface layer to the subcutaneous tissue ... precisely babies have a greater distance than children up to 12-14 years.

An Afoto to illustrate: Link ... ea%201.jpg

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 10:51 a.m.

Well, it is at the Arturo Eyries Health Center in Valladolid ...
I think that the next time I go, I will take a leaflet that I have from the Diabetics Association where this whole issue is explained.Surely it will be a funny situation ... :))

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 2:50 p.m.

Neihs:
I had to ask my endo a role so that they did not put me in the health center because although they were not as unpleasant as in other places where I have been if they told me at the beginning that with 2 boxes of strips alreadyIt was enough for me.
On paper it puts me, more or less, that I am type I and that I make 6 to 8 glycemia controls up to date and that I need strings for it.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/18/2010 5:18 a.m.

I have always used 5 and 6 mm needles ... And although on some occasion I have put the typical sticks of "those needles are for children and babies" I have given me the same, and they have continued to give them, and II have continued to ask for those mm.
Now the question is, the canula you use a bomb ... how are mm?Well, how much is it recommended?
Because according to I think, there are 6mm, 9mm (which is one of the mm that will put me) and 13mm ....

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/20/2010 7:23 a.m.

It will be your endocrine who advises you on the catheter, I use the smallest, 6mm

DiabetesForo
11/20/2010 7:43 a.m.

Well, they have told me how what they usually say with the theme of needles: that the 6mm are for children, and that they put the 9mm ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/20/2010 8:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.