{'en': 'Continuous glucose meters, prices and subsidies', 'es': 'Medidores continuos de glucosa, precios y subvenciones'} Image

Continuous glucose meters, prices and subsidies

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/19/2010 2:28 p.m.

Hi, I'm new in the forum.

I am thinking of buying a continuous glucose meter and I am doubting between the Dexcom Seven and the Medtronic.

I would like you to tell me which one you like the most and why.I would also appreciate that you told me the price of the Dexcom Seven, that of Medtronic I have already spoken with the Commercial of Navarra and it has told me that € 2000 the speaking and € 60 each sensor.

I have read that there are those who last the Dexcom Seven sensor up to 3 week, does anyone know if the same can be done with that of Medtronic?

And finally I would like to know if in an autonomous community or in MUFACE they subsidize the sensors.

Thank you very much in advance.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/19/2010 2:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I fear that continuous meters do not subsidize social security or mufface, except for extraordinary cases.

As for which one it is better, I would not know how to tell you.I have heard that Medtronic's is more reliable and that Dexcom is more comfortable, but I speak only of hearing.Let's see if someone who uses them can guide you better.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/20/2010 6:36 a.m.

I would swear to have heard a trade of a brand (sin is said but not the sinner) that in a certain insurance you could "strain" the pump and the continuous meter ... Of course, for that one had to debut within the coverageand not before hiring him.
Basically, the concept is that it is unitary bomb+meter+strips ... Leasing type ... and how everything goes, the insurance admits it.
I don't know if this will have already "discovered" or what ...
You also have to keep in mind that a doctor's pre -description is necessary.

Personally, it seems to me that Medtronic has better products and its service is more effective.

DiabetesForo
12/20/2010 12:25 p.m.

The private insurance, I would not know how to tell you, because they are, a friend of mine "threw" the child because they had not "officially" communicated that she had debuted, eye!read the insurance clauses well.Only the sensors, but in most autonomous communities nothing at all, but they put problems for the bombs, imagine the meter.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/21/2010 2:36 a.m.

The reliability of the Dexcom I think it is very good there is little difference with the diffras of the normal controls.The sensors have lasted me up to three weeks and they have stopped working because every week you have to calibrate it and I do not know what tests makes it stick 2 hours processing the information and I suppose that at three weeks it does not always have enough precision.What is a penalty is Dexcom's technical service

tica's profile photo
tica
12/21/2010 8:42 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you very much to everyone.

Tica tell me that the Dexcom Seven works well for you but you also say that the penalty is the technical service.Can you be a bit more precise?If you can explain what problems you see.
If you have had an experience of this type, could you tell me?

A hug

Mirai

DiabetesForo
12/24/2010 3:33 a.m.

There is one thing that has forgotten to ask, has anyone bathed in the pool or in the sea with a sensor on?I usually swim an hour every day and I usually do 20 minutes of bicycle in the water. Do you know if the Dexcom sensor endures that submerged time?I do not care that the communication between the sensor and the transmitter is cut because I from normal I leave the water in the middle and I take a test to see if I can continue swimming or I have to eat.

Ah I think I have not told you that the problem I have is that I do not feel the hypoglycemia, after reading in this forum, I think that I use Lantus, which seems cushioned the symptoms.That is why I am so interested in the continuous glucose monitor, because it will let me know when I am going down very quickly and I think I can prevent hypo.

Thank you

Mirai

DiabetesForo
12/24/2010 3:42 a.m.

Hello,
I have commented several times in this forum, the technical service of Dexcom (it seems to be paid for criticizing them: s).The commercial that came to my house was an educated care ... They are one of these people who cannot control what they say and then realize that they have put the leg and to fix it they put it again.My name is fat (but with those words) he told me that with the Michelines I had, I would not worry that I would hit me well ... The truth is that I had gained a little fat and I started to overwhelm.The endocrine refused to put myself on a diet, I went to a nutritionist and I "take" the consultation because I was in normal weight and far from the limit ... (I still took it a little bad, but I was already overwhelmed with the subject).Then I was with gastroenteritis and told me not to shit in the living room, that if I needed I went to the bathroom (literally).That a commercial that was selling me a super expensive gossip.I think this says a lot about the company to have this character as a representative.
Then I spoiled a sensor and because the machine did not mark me error gave me that I had no guarantee.I told him that they had told me that if I worked well they had to change it, and he told me that it had been my fault for putting it badly (I had followed all the indications).I told him how I had put it on me and told me, he would be because he has been badThey were going to change it ....
Then the machine has spoiled three times ... the first began to fail system and told me that it was because I had wet it, I told her no and told me that I was lying to her and that I could not change it becauseIf he was wetting, it was my fault ... I pierced so much (because I had not wet it) that they told me that as they could not prove it they changed it but that it was very clear that I had wet her.The second time they sent me the machine and a week stopped whistling, I called them again and they told me that it was because I had wet it (I don't know if they were teaching me or that, I carried it in a special bag to do barranquismo and put theThings that cannot be wet and I had not approached the water ... but even so, according to them, it was because I had wet the machine) they changed it again after much arguing, and when the new one arrived before doing anythingI checked if I whistled and did not whistle, so I called them again and told them, that the one they had sent me either and that if they also believed that I had wet it .... Hache did not tell me anything and a week they sent me another...

And finally, last box of sensors they sent it so fair dated that they were expired before putting on the last sensor (I am lengthened three weeks and the week that I have the rule I do not put them because you can not take paracetamol because it affectsto measurements).If the sensor is expired, it has no guarantee.

In spite of everything, I recommend that you buy it (although it seems lies) I have not put the sensor for a few months because it can perfectly adapt the basal insulin.You also realize peaks that you do at night or in the middle tomorrow and that you would never think of doing an analysis at that time.I have been sugar for a year, very rarely, I rose from 200 and have more than 140 I see it high and I think it has been to raise awareness to see the glycemia with the continuous glucose monitor.By few HC that you take up and can be avoided by putting the correct insulin and that is that one feels much better when it takes a season with the sugar well.In addition I had relaxed a little with the hair glycemia, I did only three or four a day, now not, now before and after each meal I do control, because to carry the sugar well I need a lot of information ....

tica's profile photo
tica
12/28/2010 4:06 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Tica: I already get an idea of ​​the problem and I don't know if I feel like entering that story story.I'm going to think about it.

DiabetesForo
12/28/2010 1:15 p.m.

I agree with what you put on Dexcon.The product is almost good but it gives many failures and the technical service is a fucking shit, the sensor is done to blame, that if you have placed it badly ... that you have not done this well ... that whatYou have wet etc .. etc .. When they know that many sensors fail, it is a very -ly product.Just say that if we do everything wrong we use it that they put a representative in each province and that we go there to put it on, but that carries some expenses and a responsibility and for their position that nobody is willing to stopMoney in this great business such as diabetes, is ashamed to see how all the policy and laboratories of the world play with the health of people.
On one occasion, I speak with a person XXXXXXXxx representative of a laboratory that elaborate insulin XXXXXX and tell me that the important thing is to cover the expenses that have been used for research and not cure the disease, which the next generation if you will know the cure of diabetesBut the current one does not.

yaki's profile photo
yaki
01/19/2011 5:36 a.m.

I have stayed with the dexcom ..: shock:
I would bet on the safe ... we carry several Medtronic Minilink bought, and if at any time we have had problems we have changed what has been needed, they have served us greatly, and I assure you that if there is stability the reliability is guaranteed...
Another thing, ethical, and you did not send him to tormar winds (Joer how thin I am)?I would have started out there, starting it from my house, and then I would have put a claim to the house ... can it be more jerk?

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/19/2011 7:21 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Incredible the story about the dexcom commercial.I send that man to shit and I take from my house, with the subsequent letter to the company.

It is more than obvious that the post-sale service that Medtronic can offer you nothing nothing has to do with the one that Dexcom can offer you through its representatives in Spain (Novalab, which in the background are not Dexcom).Medtronic is better.From the moment of contact with them to interest you in the device, their attention is exquisite.In that they are street winners.

Saving that detail ... you also have to take into account that currently, these sensors are not exact.Neither Medtronic nor Dexcom.That must be taken into account before the high cost of this product.But they serve to give us a good trends orientation, with the positive consequences that it has.There they both tie.

And finally, it is as always the price that rules, and Medtronic has products with luxury prices only within reach of a few privileged.And that already makes the big difference.But if I said before that the sensor is not accurate, to what extent is it worth paying that surcharge for something that the Dexcom also gives you?The conclusion is that if both devices had a minimally acceptable post-sale service, the logical choice would be Dexcom without a doubt.But as that is not so, because right now buying Dexcom is a lottery and a risk too high.

That is, if you have money (not only to buy it, that also, but above all to keep it), I would buy Medtronic.The continuous measurement is equally "exact-unexact" that Dexcom, but the post-sale service is good, and this product requires a company with a good post-sale service.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/20/2011 6:24 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

We have animas pump and Dexcom sensor.I'm overwhelming this post

Is there no one to have that bomb, and that tells something positive?

Is nobody know of the lawsuit to Medtronic?

On July 10, 2009, Medtronic, Inc. announced the retirement from the market its insulin infusion quick-set® insulin.The company estimated that around 60,000 of the 3 million infusion systems could be affected.The withdrawal of the Quick-Set® system is attributed to a defect in the pipe used in the production of the Quick -set® systems, designated as the “lot 8”, which can prevent the pumps from purging the air properly.It is possible that the defect could cause patients not to receive enough insulin or receive too much insulin, which could result in injury and/or death.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
01/20/2011 3:31 p.m.

I use the Quick Set for almost 6 years and I never had problems, I am phenomenal.No idea of ​​that demand.

DiabetesForo
01/20/2011 3:57 p.m.

Well, I don't have an idea of ​​that news, but in any case, what does one thing have to do with another?Regardless that there has been a problem with a lot, if there has been, what is being questioned here is the reliability and characteristics of the meters and the post sale of the apparatus, which without a doubt, that of Medtronic is what is what is whatBetter

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/22/2011 5:33 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I would like to know how you do ethics so that the sensors last for three weeks, of 10 or 12 days I do not pass.thank you so much.

yaki's profile photo
yaki
01/25/2011 7:43 a.m.

And someone would risk buying it abroad?The only experience that I can contribute is a glucose meter that bought the US for 20 euros, to carry in my bag, and that uses the same strips of the one I usually use (One Touch Ultraeasy).To release, and it has left me very good. And I do not know whether to prevent them from enriqueing to our coast, it would be good or not to buy outside. Then it is possible to imagine buying spare parts here in Spain.
Link ... _1098.html

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/04/2011 8:02 a.m.

As far as I know, for my contact with user people and the medical environment, both suffer from the same problem because they use the same technology.His "problem" is the delay between the real blood measurement and that of the interstitial fluid that they measure.Therefore, precision: the same.Therefore, I would go to the most economical;The Dexcom.The sensors are cheaper and also seem to last longer.That is only a point important enough to opt for it.The bad: the lower support coverage.From Novalab I don't expect much, so I would feel a little more neglected than if I have the Medtronic device.

In conclusion, I can only say ... what envy that you can have that device.There is currently no thing that you want with more interest than that (although behind spending the night with Charlize, or having an imperial soldier suit, or driving a Ferrari, or spending a few days on a private island luxury, or ...)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/05/2011 4:57 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello:
They just put the continuous meter for 6 days of proof at the hospital, and now I am thinking of paying and putting it on.I would like to know if the meter can be attached to the Medtronic bomb that I wear, that is, it sends the data to it from the graphs and trends.Today they have told me in the hospital that I would not, that I would carry a kind of rectangle in my pocket that would be the data receiver and where the trends would be shown.But I do not feel like carrying another pot all day pending, so I would like it to be the bomb itself.What do you know how to do it?And how much does it cost?6000 euros my educator told me ... pfff!Too expensive, if you can't get up to the bomb, I put another other than Medtronic.

Thank you so much!:)

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
10/21/2011 1:40 p.m.

What bomb model do you have?If it is the paradigm I see from Medtronic or the previous model are compatible with the continuous meter of Medtronic, you would not have to take two devices the receiver is the pump itself, the graph is seen in the screw.I do not remember exactly the price but we are sure that there are not 6000 euros, we would say that at most thousand euros, I think you just have to buy the transmitter (Minilink) and the inserter, the sensors cost about 70 euros each.If your nurse, my mother ... is informed ...

mornita's profile photo
mornita
10/21/2011 4:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.