{'en': 'Continuous glucose meters, prices and subsidies', 'es': 'Medidores continuos de glucosa, precios y subvenciones'} Image

Continuous glucose meters, prices and subsidies

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/19/2010 2:28 p.m.

Thank you so much.My bomb is the paradigm 754 See 2.6a and then also puts Medtronic Minimed.I was surprised by the things that he told me, the € 6000 was surprised and carrying another device close as a receiver, too.I'm going to inform myself well before anything.I'm going to talk to the house (Medtronic) and explain everything.

I will tell you.Chao!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
10/22/2011 7:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, that is the pump that can connect with the continuous meter, Juan Luis and Velia have it so surely something tells you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/22/2011 7:35 a.m.

Hello Pepita, I do not know what ancient has the bomb model you use, in any case, here in Cáceres, when one has a meter they change the bomb to a compatible model, so I do not think that your hospital and Medtronic put you hug inThat (case that the one you wear was not compatible) ... On the other hand you do not have to carry more receptors, they are whole, that would be if you did not have the pump, as Mornita points to you ... and the transmitter costs aroundOf € 1000, as they say ... the consumables for 6-7 days between 60-65 euros must be ... Anyway in Medtronic will inform you of everything.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/24/2011 5:49 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello: I have put the meter connected to the pump to try it for a few days.I wanted to tell you, Velia and/or who is wearing it, because I am not all the happy I expected.And you sure know the reason: the big difference with respect to blood measurement.Examples that will have happened to you: in the morning the bomb tells me that I have 158 when I really have 235. Another: today in the afternoon the bomb says 116 when I really have 158. And one last example: bomb 80 at the end of the exercise andI actually have 144. Well, many, just be right if I am low or if I am with less than 150.

I have doubts to buy it or not because they are € 1000, so I would appreciate that you help me with a simple comment or refer me to another place where I am already commented.

Thank you so much!!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
11/02/2011 5:52 p.m.

Hello: I have put the meter connected to the pump to try it a few days.I wanted to tell you, Velia and/or who is wearing it, because I am not all the happy I expected.And you sure know the reason: the big difference with respect to blood measurement.Examples that will have happened to you: in the morning the bomb tells me that I have 158 when I really have 235. Another: today in the afternoon the bomb says 116 when I really have 158. And one last example: bomb 80 at the end of the exercise andI actually have 144. Well, many, just be right if I am low or if I am with less than 150.

I have doubts to buy it or not because they are € 1000, so I would appreciate that you help me with a simple comment or refer me to another place where I am already commented.

Thank you very much !!

What device have you put you?Dexcom or guardian?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/02/2011 6:12 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Pepita, I see that you are already checking in your meats that the continuous meter is not as simple as it seems, it does not consist only of me and when I get calibration I put a measurement and run.We have used it for a long time and although sometimes it has those differences that you say is not usual, anyway a difference of 20 or 30 cannot be considered to work badly, the glucometers are not super precise, the sensor measures glucose inInterstitial fluid and blood glucometer to that you have to add the sensor delay, the number that appears in the screw is in the past, it is actually the figure you had about 6 minutes ago.Well, I don't mess any more, it is very important that calibres in a moment of stability, never with much active insulin (the blood glucose would soon lower you) or when you just eat or go to eat next in summary, avoid calibrating in situations that make yourGlycemia changes quickly.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/02/2011 7:01 p.m.

Hello:
Grondullo, I have been put by the Medtronic Meter, is none of those who tell me, because I take it associated with the bomb (also Medtronic).

Mornita, thank you very much for the information, this morning I was a bit desperate because the data does not usually match me.Medtronic's girl told me to calibrate him in moments of stability and that those moments were before each meal: of, co and ce, are they not?The control of before bed also I do it, because the other day I did not do it since the meter told me 135, and in the morning I got up with 235!Tell me if I do well in doing those 4 controls.

Thank you!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
11/03/2011 5:45 p.m.

Hello everyone, I have questions and answers on this topic, in the first topics I have read the price without VAT, tranquility, in the USA all prices of everything go without VAT, it is a mystery that is resolved when you reach the box to pay, at first I went crazy, now no longer so much, what is it because?Each state in the USA has a different VAT %, that is, it does not cost you the same to buy a Apple MacBook Pro in California (15 % VAT I create more or less) or in Oregon (not VAT! :)).

I want to buy Dexcom's G5, this would be my first CGM and I know it is a huge but convenient expense, I am also lucky to live in the USA almost all of the year, so I can get the sensors at a better price and more easily forWhat I have been able to read on the Internet, I have read that once you find a "good" point where to make the measurements (some say the love handles while others say through the hips or above the pompis) can last you up to 15-17 daysIn addition to the sensors if they make erroneous readings for more than 24 hours the money is returned.I have also read that if you load it 40 minutes a day, the battery will last more, and I do not speak of a little but of the double or triple for what I have read.All this contributed by user Dexcom forums in the USA, whose quantity is much greater than in Spain and I suppose it is normal to know more things about it.

By the way, you have to do in Spain to submit a CGM because with what I travel through work I have the diabetes a bit quite uncontrolled ... reason why I want to buy it.

Anyone who uses this sensor paired with your iPhone could let me know to ask more particular questions?

lordword84's profile photo
lordword84
05/03/2016 1:58 p.m.

I have heard that he needs a minimum of 24 hours to calibrate, apart from having connected it well, sometimes the "needle" is seen or that you have put it in a vein directly, etc ...

lordword84's profile photo
lordword84
05/03/2016 2:14 p.m.

Hello, I am also thinking of using this type of meters.I have seen another called Free Style.It seemed to me that the sensor and meter are acceptable.I also think it is possible to download an application and make readings from the phone.Do you know him?

Julioma's profile photo
Julioma
09/13/2016 1:58 p.m.

julioma said:
hello I am also thinking of using this type of meters.I have seen another called Free Style.It seemed to me that the sensor and meter are acceptable.I also think it is possible to download an application and make readings from the phone.Do you know him?

I know ...
nu know ...
... the fact is that it sounds to me ..

... let me see if I remember ...

Ah, yes, here it seems that something of him speaks !!!
Link

You have to look and read that it does not do so much damage as they say there

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/13/2016 2:11 p.m.

Good, in my case three weeks ago I use free freestyle, but I will not be able to pay it for it.I contacted the Catalan Diabetes Association but they didn't tell me anything new, apart from signing the petition.Nor has my nurse told me anything.The thing is that, although they do not cost the sensors 100%, if I could afford half might I might continue to use them, because the truth is that my quality of life has improved since I carry it.They cost me 120 euros two patches, I don't know if you can lower that price.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
11/25/2016 3:01 p.m.

Fernandog said:
good, in my case three weeks ago I use free freestyle, but I will not be able to pay it for it.I contacted the Catalan Diabetes Association but they didn't tell me anything new, apart from signing the petition.Nor has my nurse told me anything.The thing is that, although they do not cost the sensors 100%, if I could afford half might I might continue to use them, because the truth is that my quality of life has improved since I carry it.It cost me 120 euros two patches, I don't know if you can lower that price.

It has fought a lot because they give them for free, but if you comment that you comment because a part is perhaps achieved more because people would ask us to ask, but there are also people who cannot face the payment, this is really very complicated

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/25/2016 3:52 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@lordword84, you walk a little lost crying with respect to Dexcom.
The sensors are sold for a week but they can lengthen a lot more than 15 days, I have taken it 40.
The transmitter could not load even 40 minutes or anything at all, it lasts 3 months and point ball and the G4 one year and the same, point ball.
At the moment the best place to take it is the arm, or the upper part of the culete.
ARA calibrate are 2 hours the first time until it gives you values ​​and then it is calibrated 2 times a day that is 1 SH, how are you going to throw 24h calibrated?
And nothing, you can't do anything to subsidize it here in Spain, how much you get pregnant and have a lack of control is great and cry a lot

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/25/2016 9:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

This cannot be taken for granted, you have to fight it, and if we have to give it to all type 1 because it is what touches, and more justified for all those people who are really going to give good use.I'm not going to stand there, in two weeks I have endocrine and I will have a good talk

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
03/01/2017 12:35 p.m.

Fernandog said:
good, in my case three weeks ago I use free freestyle, but I will not be able to pay it for it.I contacted the Catalan Diabetes Association but they didn't tell me anything new, apart from signing the petition.Nor has my nurse told me anything.The thing is that, although they do not cost the sensors 100%, if I could afford half might I might continue to use them, because the truth is that my quality of life has improved since I carry it.It cost me 120 euros two patches, I don't know if you can lower that price.

Of course, neither subsidy nor semi-substance .... but the strips, 10 strips of daily blood10 of 10 (who prepare the short -term portfolio for very expensive treatments) ... when if they cost me - although it was half - my continuous meter would accept 2 boxes a month, and not only that, I lowered 3 points like that, from good tofirst, my hemoglobin without diets, or schedules or anything ...

Anyway ... rather than asking the SS ... I think it would be necessary to ask laboratories that they have to spread ... it is more effective.Or because not ... make a collection among all "crowfounding", put the money achieved in a briefcase and give it to whoever touches ... would be more effective.

The quality of life that gives this is, speaking in binary, 0 or 1, simply ... is not that it improves a bit ... is that I do not want or live without continuous measurement ... I already lived like this, andThat was neither life nor milks ... now with continuous measurement .... the thing changes and a lot.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/01/2017 6:27 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Fernandog said:
This cannot be taken for granted, we must fight it, and if we have to give it to all type 1 because it is what it touches, and more justified for all these peoplethat will really give you good use.I am not going to stand there, in two weeks I have endocrine and I will have a good talk

Already, but that talk will end with a "feels."It is much cheaper than you do faith acts, schedules, count hydrates, Rajataba diet ...Quality of life increases, if it tests the others .... to the seventh sky :)).In addition, for the endocrine of the "old school" that gives them incredible power - the patient's ignorance, ignorance - have control of everything, bring me the librettite (shameful) .. as soon as the continuous medication tests ... it isAs if you discovered Matrix :) ... that everything is a montage ... that neither are we needed schedules, nor diets, that you can eat everything (sugar included) because you know how you react in real time ... no more hypos ..No more wake up at night trembling and empty the fridge ...

The endocrine "that come" (they are little, but some are already) more to tell you what you have to do ... they will give you the means for you to decide how you have to do it, and the way it pleases you.Because you can.

greetings

pabloj2000
03/01/2017 6:35 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I think Dexcom is subsidized in Extremadura.Do you know something?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/01/2017 6:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I think the Dexcom in Extremadura is subsidized.Do you know something?

Puffff .... The pregnant I see it complicated ... but adopt the jota as hymn ... I don't think about it :) (and look that I have morriña from Galicia eh?) :)

Let's see if they start ... Let's see if they start ... and we can dedicate that money to other things (because it is unfair that above diabetics, our salaries are lower than "healthy" companions since we have to spend it on MCG)

greetings

pabloj2000
03/01/2017 7:24 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Can Dexcom be removed and put on the values ​​you want?
Do you have it connected to a clock receptor?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/02/2017 12:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.