{'en': 'Simvastatin and cholesterol', 'es': 'Simvastatina y colesterol'} Image

Simvastatin and cholesterol

pertuak's profile photo   07/08/2011 1:07 p.m.

In herbalist.The capsules that I take are from Colestia, they recommended it to me in a herbalist and I did not see much (because I had already recommended alpysteed infusions, chia, amaranth, ...), but the truth is that it has worked for me.
My endocrine also told me about Armolipid Plus, but I have not tried this.
I must also admit that I have lowered thanks to this, because for the diet I find it to take my cheese and sausage.

I do not like to give many advice on this of food, but I just wanted to comment today, after knowing the analyzes I was quite happy (I had always refused to take pills for cholesterol with my age)

nacho's profile photo
nacho
06/18/2016 11:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you ;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/18/2016 11:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I am new in the forum and I am looking for information since I recently have cholesterol.I have gone to the doctor and I am a little worried, can anyone tell me something about the BV Protector Al-Protector?Thanks for answering.all the best.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/16/2016 7:22 a.m.

I stop taking pills thanks to sport, sport more or less intense

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/16/2016 5:23 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

man12 said:
Hello, I am new in the forum and I am looking for information since I recently have cholesterol.I have gone to the doctor and I am a little worried, can anyone tell me something about the BV Protector Al-Protector?Thanks for answering.Greetings.

I was taking them for a while and they did very well, try them, the results are good,

julia00's profile photo
julia00
09/03/2016 7:19 a.m.

Gravisimo to occur medical orders of users who are not even doctors.I am a doctor and I tell you that your exams are normal.There are many people here who think without knowing anything about medicine.Medications cannot be taken lightly.The truth is that if the simvastatin has served you, it should be used until your levels are normal and follow a low cholesterol diet and subsequently suspending.I always send unvattine for 6 months and if they lowered you order to suspend it./miginecologoonline.com/ "rel =" NOFOLLOW "> Internet gynecologist Pediatrician on the Internet medical on the Internet Dermatologist on the Internet veterinarian on the Internet on the Internet Vet on the Internet Internet consultation Internet lawyer Internet lawyer Internet lawyer Internet psychologist Internet Doctor Internet lawyer Psychiatrist inInternet These are the precautions of simvastatin: I.R.Serious, patients who consume large amounts of alcohol.Monitor and suspend if serum transaminases exceed 3 times LSN.Risk of muscle disorders (myalgia, myopathy, and rarely rhabdomyolysis), monitor if sensitivity, muscle weakness or muscle cramps appear.Prior to Tto.Warnings and precautions to patients with factors that predispose to rhabdomyolysis (I.R., hypothyroidism, prior history of muscle toxicity by a statin or a fibrate, personal or family history of hereditary muscle enf.Start if CK & GT; 5 times LSN).Risk of developing immunomedized necrotizing myopathy.In tto.Long lasting cases of enf.Pulmonary interstitial.Temporarily interrupt in case of major surgery.Not recommended in children & LT;10 years (lack of information in prepubertals and girls before menarchy) ..

maria30's profile photo
maria30
11/12/2017 5:39 p.m.

These are my values:

Total cholesterol: 222
HDL: 45
LDL: 130
Triglycerides: 237

Except for HDL, other values ​​exceed the recommended.In spite of everything, my endocrine does not give it much importance and has not prescribed anything.However, my head doctor believes it is necessary to take simvastatin.I don't know what to do.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
09/04/2018 5:05 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

jota said:
these are my values:

Except for HDL, other values ​​exceed the recommended.In spite of everything, my endocrine does not give it much importance and has not prescribed anything.However, my head doctor believes it is necessary to take simvastatin.I don't know what to do.

I recommend reading this: Link

"Total cholesterol is not very important. But it helps us to make the total cholesterol ratio / HDL cholesterol, whose result should be less than 4.5.
This parameter does have value. "

"The triglycerides are very important.
They must be below 150 mg/dl, but if you have them below 100 mg/dl, much better. "

"The TG/HDL ratio, of the best markers:

The quotient between your triglycerides and your HDL cholesterol, according to many doctors, is the best cardiovascular risk predictor (together with the CT/HDL ratio).

It is bad to have it above 3, which translates an incipient insulin resistance (belly).It is ideal to have it below 2. "

In your case:

CT/HDLL = 222/45 = 4.93 is above 4.5 recommended
TG/HDL = 237/45 = 5.26 is well above the 2 recommended and above 3 that is bad

Surely with changes in your diet and sport you can get normal values ​​and but the doctor assess to prescribe statins.I would personally take them as a last resort because they have many side effects.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/04/2018 5:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello, I am worried because my endocrine does not give importance,
He tells me that surely when menopause puts me treatment.These are the values ​​of my last analytics (08/21/18)
Total cholesterol: 227
HDL 74
LDL 142
Triglycerides 57
A long time ago a family doctor told me to take Harmolipid but endocrine said that it is not very effective only drops 10-15%.

091975's profile photo
09/04/2018 6:02 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

@"Yesssica_a", I have read the link and I have done the operations and the truth has surprised me.I am below the recommended parameters but I have been wrong, of course!

091975's profile photo
09/04/2018 6:26 p.m.

091975 said:
Hello, I am worried because my endocrine does not give importance,
He tells me that surely when menopause puts me treatment.These are the values ​​of my last analytics (08/21/18)
Total cholesterol: 227
HDL 74
LDL 142
Triglycerides 57
A long time ago a family doctor told me to take Harmolipid but endocrine said that it is not very effective only drops 10-15%.

I think you have perfect values.Looking at total cholesterol or LDL in isolation is very old.That already updated doctors do not look at it and look at the ratios I have put.Cholesterol itself does not increase the risk of cardiovascular disease or anything, in any study it has been possible to demonstrate.In fact, cholesterol is very necessary for many body functions and blocking production with statins without having a good reason is very dangerous.I read a book of a very famous cardiologist (Dr. Stephen Sinatra) that is an expert in these issues and only recommends statins to middle -aged men who have already had a heart attack.And it also says that they must be taken together with a Coencima Q10 supplement, since statins also block the production of this coency that is very necessary for the proper functioning of most organs.If you are interested in knowing more about the subject in the blog that I put more things in other posts (the author is a medical and very updated) and the book I comment is called "The truth about cholesterol."There is also a documentary on the theme of the thematic night that you can find in Spanish called "cholesterol, the great deception."

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/04/2018 7:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much @"yesssica_a",
I really are interested above all to know TB what I can fail or it's genetics .. I feel calmer.Greetings

091975's profile photo
09/04/2018 8:05 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
jota said:
these are my values:

"Total cholesterol is not very important. But it helps us to make the total cholesterol ratio / HDL cholesterol, whose result should be less than 4.5.

They must be below 150 mg/dl, but if you have them below 100 mg/dl, much better. "

The quotient between your triglycerides and your HDL cholesterol, according to many doctors, is the best cardiovascular risk predictor (together with the CT/HDL ratio).

It is bad to have it above 3, which translates an incipient insulin resistance (belly).It is ideal to have it below 2. "

In your case:

Surely with changes in your diet and sport you can get normal values ​​and but the doctor assess to prescribe statins.I would personally take them as a last resort because they have many side effects.

Thank you very much for the answer.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
09/06/2018 10:39 a.m.

@"Owash", @"lidiaem", @"Gemater" The theme of the grapefruit is because the simvastatin is metabolized by a structure within the cellular mitochondria, the cytochrome, which is blocked by the grapefruit, so the medicine takes more inMetabolize and its effect gets out of what is studied.
Armolipid -type preparations contain red rice yeast, which produces a compound baptized by trickaders such as "K monacoline", which is identical to pravastatin (memory quote), that is, it is as statin.The inconvenience is that, having not been treated in a laboratory, you do not know clearly how you are taking, so in "average" you will lower your cholesterol more ... or less.No, being "natural" does not provide any advantage, it acts just like the "synthetic."

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/10/2018 5:18 p.m.

In the end I decided to start taking simvastatin.My doctor told me to try four months to see how and that I could leave it then.I've always been reluctant, but after several years a little high, I'm going to try with the pill.

Now is the issue of side effects.I don't know if I have them (I have been).I prefer to say anything not to suggest or suggest others.Can anyone comment your experience with side effects?Thank you.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
09/26/2018 5:02 p.m.

Well, although I can't sure it's because of the pill, I'm having dizziness.I will consult the doctor.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
09/28/2018 10:55 a.m.

Good evening, in this last review with the endocrine the cholesterol values ​​have come out high and has prescribed me simvastatin 20mg.
To those who have been taking this medicine for a while, have you noticed important side effects?
I am quite reluctant to take medications and I am a little scared.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
11/26/2023 10:34 p.m.

Sandman said:
good night, in this last review with the endocrine the cholesterol values ​​have come out high and has prescribed me simvastatin 20mg.
To those who have been taking this medicine for a while, have you noticed important side effects?
I am quite reluctant to take medications and I am a bit scared.

The truth is that I started taking it almost a year ago and I cannot be objective since during part of that time my life was a pure disaster at food, alcohol and others, sedentary lifestyle, lack of control in schedules.So I don't know.What I can say is that DM2 diagnosed me two weeks ago although I had been controlling the glucose for a while and always above 100 so it should be DM2 for some time.I have read here in the forum that Simvastatin can favor diabetes, I sincerely do not know, but I blame my diagnosis to my previous lifestyle than simvastatin.

I spend data from my last analysis on October 20, 2023, a whole poem:#.

Cholesterol 165
HDL 31
HDL 135 ex -lcuced cholesterol
LDL tells me that they could not calculate it given the high concentration of triglycerides.
Triglycerides 274

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/27/2023 1:18 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Yesssica_a said:
jota said:
these are my values:

In your case:

Hello @yessica_a, thank you very much for your recommendation of the blog Link I was very surprised this way of considering the values ​​of cholesterol and I will take it into account because I have always had it stop (The good and the bad) but now after 3 months with diabetes1 it has risen and of course, they have already dropped me that if it still will have to take a pill.Doing the calculations as indicated in the article my values ​​are perfect.
I have also read on the blog the entry "Low Carb Management of Type 1 Diabetes, Sabiñánigo's Happy Child" Does anyone follow this type of diet to control glucose?

All the best.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
06/04/2024 8:27 a.m.

Yes of course.It consists of "mounting your dish" avoiding high glycemic carbohydrates, prioritizing healthy vegetables, proteins and fats.Do not go from 10 daily rations.

It is difficult to give up foods that have been common in your diet all your life, but you get used to it and you can eat delicious equally.

I have replaced bread with protein bread and cow's milk with almond milk zero sugar;Look at the breakfast difference:

Traditional: Bread with tomato and oil + coffee with milk = 3 portions
Low carb: protein bread + avocado + ham + coffee with almond milk = 0.5 portions.

In the forum this issue has been discussed in several threads in which the Low Carb and Dr. Berstein diet is discussed, you can take a look.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/04/2024 8:46 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.