New Mortgage with Dexcom, Jiji

superman1's profile photo   10/21/2011 10:13 a.m.

Although new here, I intend to contribute my grain of sand on the subject:
TICA: The sensors are composed of a plastic housing, an adhesive and a "platinum minitar" with two graphic rubber endings that is what makes electrical contact with the emitter;Neither batteries nor anything.I get my attention deeply as these components can have an expiration date.I have been with the invention and sensor that I have currently expired on 12/2/2011.I put it on 10/1/2012 and work perfectly (for the moment) and we will see until when.
The "spoiled scam" of the sender (here I agree with Gondrullo), it is as if they were sold a car with a tank full of gasoline and when the fuel ends, you have two options: or buy another tank full by more than halfof the price of the car or buy a new car;There is no right, but they are "lentils."The device in question carries two button batteries (SR920W) that are worth four bitches and sell them in any store in the field.The problem is to "break" the happy plastic peg.This issue could only be fixed by those who represent us and say they defend us, not allowing the products to be put in the market, but, powerful gentleman is a money.
Greetings to all
Lone

Lone's profile photo
Lone
01/27/2012 5:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Have you tried to change the battery?I know that they can be built in such a way that if you open it, do you spoil directly ... Does anyone remember if you had to remove any paper that protect the transmitter the first time?
Even so, I want to believe that there has to be something else that we wear, it cannot be just the battery and that they charge you for that more than 500 euros, I refuse to believe it: P

tica's profile photo
tica
01/30/2012 10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, believe it.You cannot change the transmitter batteries, unless it breaks.The circuit is built with the batteries and "packaged" in molten resin.It is to use and throw.If those who authorized the sale in Europe with the CE approval worry a little about their "clientele", they would force them to sell it with the option to change the batteries;but there is no CE.But this does not work that way.It's another scam, there is no doubt, but this world is mounted.

Lone's profile photo
Lone
01/30/2012 5:03 p.m.

Yesterday I was gathered with that of Medtronic.Of course, I took the opportunity to struck with a continuous meter.I requested prices (I do it from time to time with the hope that they continue to go down more and more) and right now the "quote" is 2000 lyreles the initial pack, which includes everything;Receiver, transmitter with your charger, and 5 sensors.Then, each 5 sensor pack is 330 euros.And each sensor says that 7 days maximum.

Nothing.It is still unattainable.Not for the price of the pack, but for that of the damn sensors.

Yes indeed.At least he will lend me to try it a few days, as they do with those interested in buying it.Thus I can see firsthand what it means to have one and value its advantages ... and when those six days go by ... I will decide if I return it or I flee with him to a country without extradition treaty with Spain :)) :)) :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/15/2012 12:29 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, tell us the experience even if it is from a remote country :)) :)) :)) that it is always good to know different points of view .....: mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/15/2012 1:19 p.m.

Hello, a lone greeting :).Changing the batteries to the transmitter is impossible, I attest that I have disassembled one, it comes in a block, I have some photos out of the disassembled pot (the batteries are of quality, Swiss).
If I had a reasonable price, it would be fine, but the price of the transmitter, almost 800 euros, for a half and a half life, is 50 euros per month (sensors to part) of amortization.
Gondurulo ... Continuous measurement does not work for everyone (there are people who leave), in my case, I can't live without it, I don't know.If I returned to the measurement strips (I spent between 7 and 10 a day, and did not get rid of hypos and hypers every day), now I would be silly watching a value: 150?And what is that?150 climbing?150 going down?going down quickly?Honestly, for me the glycemia meter is absurd, and if I have to use it again, I would spend twice as much strips (I would have to measure 2 times separated 10 minutes to mentally make me a value and if it goes up or down).I like to have a hiccup with 130 and take a soda with some calm

I can only say that I am poorer, but before I had more lifeless money (now I see that it was wrong).
The Dexcom and the like, would have to popularize and make more reasonable prices.I understand that it will not be free, but they certainly pass.Hopefully the competition throws prices, and I have a lot of confidence in the C8 belt (although for me, the Dexcom is almost perfect), at least that there is competition to choose from.Meanwhile it is a mortgage, no doubt.
What I do not understand is because the SS does not start paying it, each one will make their numbers, but, personally, they get almost at the same price to pay me the sensors as 10 daily strips of measurement that I needed, I have a "reasonable" glycosylated and less risks and less risksof complications.Come on, it's cheaper.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/13/2012 7:25 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Good morning,

I have been with him for 2 days ... A chorra question, does it bother you, hurts you?Being the first, I have put it in the belly, and I notice the entire painful area.When I move I notice something inside.I don't seem to have read anything to any, so I don't know if I have become bad, if you get used to it and it doesn't bother you anymore .. Are there places to put it less "painful"?

Thank you!

piruha's profile photo
piruha
01/16/2017 9:41 a.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

My transmitter a year ago now ... when you have renewed the transmitters?

Ágora Suárez Sánchez's profile photo
Ágora Suárez Sánchez
01/18/2017 5:43 p.m.

He is notifying you, jump a message on the screen and I think I remember that you are 6 days to change it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/20/2017 3:21 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Ágora Suárez Sánchez said:
My transmitter a year ago ... when you have renewed the transmitters?

@"Ágora Suárez Sánchez" I don't think I will get the message ... go preparing ...: !!

fer's profile photo
fer
01/20/2017 4:02 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.