New acu chek combo bomb

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/23/2010 2:35 p.m.

Hello everyone, yesterday I was in the endo, I have uploaded the hemo to 7´9, I had it in 7´3 this value is of an an analytical vein, but the value of 7´9 fúe in the consultation (capillary), in the Othromeoment the endo told me that the capillary analytics gives a value of 1 more than in vein.
It is Asin because the controls have been good.
I told him that if the new bomb was a long time to give them, he told me that they were waiting for the meters and then to give them.
Health.: D

: d

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2010 2:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you put it on me, you will tell me how you are doing.I have to go to the endo in two weeks, I will see what possibilities I have to get the bomb with continuous meditronic meter, if I will not change to the accu-check combo.Let's cross the fingers to give me the continuous meter ...

lola's profile photo
lola
01/23/2010 6:36 p.m.

Hi Lola, I think it is not a continuous meter (but as they change so much and one is not professional, but well they are waiting for the meter to bring because the infuser already have it, and I also have to finish the life of this bomb that is 877Abile days although the endo told me that they failed before (I did not know the meter continued that I was the old one who is another prick and often sent orders to the pump, I think the function is the same but from the meter andnot punctured)
Health.:))

DiabetesForo
01/24/2010 6:45 a.m.

Hello

From what I have read, here the only bomb that is marketed with a continuous meter included is that of Medtronic, which is where I am interested.
The ACCU-CHECK COMBO does not have a constructed continuous meter, but it has a Blue-Tooth device that allows you to send orders to the pump, this device is also a meter.This is very good since you can place the pump where you want and inject the bolus without having to touch the pump.It also gives you advice, you can write the HC that you are going to eat and it advises you what amount of insulin you need (this as you can imagine is very relative, because you better that anyone knows the amount you need).I have a few months left for change, but I want to comment with my endo, in a week I go, I will tell you how.

lola's profile photo
lola
01/25/2010 3:34 p.m.

Hi Lola, Etoy waiting for the meter to bring what is missing, and told me that if he gave it to me.: D
Health :))

DiabetesForo
02/02/2010 1:27 p.m.

Hello:

I'm glad, you'll tell me your ventures and misadventures with her.Hopefully the meter will arrive soon.

I talked to the endo, and I am almost convinced that I will change to the paradigm I see from Medtronic.This carries a continuous meter included, so as soon as they subsidize the sensor, you could use it, it will surely take a year or more.My endo has advised me to write a letter to my insurance telling my case and ask if it is possible that insurance runs with the expenses of the continuous meter.Surely they denied it, but well for trying, nothing is lost, and also the insurers are pressure and the subject begins to be seriously raised.Hope is the last thing that is lost.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/03/2010 7:18 a.m.

Hi Lola, I don't know anything about the combo, but I carry the Medtronic I see and carry a sensor, but it does not have it incorporated into the pump but it is another device that you also put on the body and connects to the pump;If the sensor detects that you have a drop, it sends a signal to the pump and automatically stops (this is very good especially if you are sleeping) and resume again when it detects that you have normal glucose levels.As for the subsidy, I am in Social Security and has subsidized it integrally, of course it depends on the community, I live in Castilla La Mancha.Greetings.

paula's profile photo
paula
02/09/2010 10:02 a.m.

Paula thank you very much for your comment.

Corry me if I'm wrong, but the pump carries the built -in conitnuo meter, and the sensor is what sends the signal to the pump, and this is going apart, isn't it?My theory is that if I use this pump, the only thing I have to pay for myself is the sensors, because the bomb is subsidized by insurance.
The insurance is a long story because I do not live in Spain, and here there are only private insurance, so I have to start studying the conditions of insurance, well a very complicated roll, less bad that my endo helps me a lot.

I would like that you will tell me how with I see the Medtronic, advantages and disadvantages.Thanks again.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/10/2010 8:54 a.m.

Good to all;

Tomorrow I start with this insulin pump, in principle for what I know, the insulin pump is exact to the previous action, (the blue), with the difference that it has Bluetooth connection, to communicate with the "meter".

I think they will not give me the meter yet, just the bomb, that I already have it at home.

The meter what you do is what you commented on, give orders to the pump, and measure the glucose (for this you need another "prick"), and I think it does not do it continuously, only when you ask.

This is what I know, tomorrow when I have it I will tell you something new ...

DiabetesForo
02/11/2010 9:33 p.m.

Well, you'll tell us how you are doing.

Greetings

lola's profile photo
lola
02/12/2010 5:29 a.m.

Well, it is suspended until Monday, which called me last hour and today could not be.

DiabetesForo
02/12/2010 2 p.m.

Hello everyone!!I am new for these parts hehe;) I have found information about my new insulin bomb.I have to tell you that I have always been not very receptive with this issue, since I did not have much funI am doing, that it is dentistry, because every time I had to attend to some patient my glycemia underline like foam.:( I have only 3 days with her, and I have to say that I am delighted !! those punctures that have martyred me so much!Here you have a small comment on how it works;):
He carries a remote control that with Bluethooh is concentrated to the pump and depending on the rations that he will ingest, to the blood glucose that I have at that time and the one that I still have left of the previous bolus, I am calculated by the bolus that I must put on.In addition, if I do a control and it is too low, it indicates the amount of rapid carbohydrates that I must take to bring my blood glucose to the ideal blood glucose and let me know every 15-20 or the minutes that I have told him, that IRet control again.In the same way when it is high, m says that I must measure myself in case ketonic bodies and repeat the test at the time.He warns me when I have to change the infusion set, if I have a visits to the doctor, analysis ... It really is a pass!

I am still adjusting the basal ... since, although I am very happy because I am carrying it, it is inevitable to have some up or down :?

From here, thank you for every comment you make, since you help us a lot.I hope to help you equally!;) A kiss!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/22/2010 10:30 a.m.

Kiara, welcome.

It is great that we have people in the forum that use different bombs, so we can compare and learn more.

Have us how you go with her.My daughter uses Medtronic's, but does not have so many options, and also does not carry the continuous meter.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/22/2010 1:26 p.m.

Thanks alea !!I will keep you informalisms hehehe: P I don't know that bomb is what you tell me, I sincerely do not know most of them, except mine and the previous model to this.I do not understand very well the continuous meter, do you mean that it measures me the sugar constantly?Because if so, I think I have explained badly.The remote control is in itself a glucose meter, which every time I punish me to see the amount of sugar I have, because it is concentrated to the pump, look to see how much insulin it remains in my body ... and everythingI have explained previously.=

Anyway, if you have any doubt, because within my "ignorance" in this field of bombs, I will try to help you!A kiss!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/22/2010 1:34 p.m.

I am glad that you do well with the combo, it seems very useful and comfortable to me, and I loved the distance control, a penalty that does not have a continuous meter incorporated.You keep telling us things, by the way have you given you reserve bomb?Apparently, now every time you go on vacation or you have a problem with your bomb you have to ask for a replacement that sent it to you in less than 24 hours.This is not very funny, because I like to have a reservation at home in case the flies.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/22/2010 3:14 p.m.

Good night Lola!Well no, they have not given it to me !!If they told me the same as you, that if I spoiled me or something, they sent me another.I am one of those who think like you!For example with glucometers !!I have 200 at home!Hahahaha :)) But keep in mind: Look as I have told me the combo costs (without infusion sets or anything, that is what is only the infuster, without the remote control) about € 1200, understand if eachOne had to give us two ... because probably more than half would not use that 2nd unit and probably if it was done, there would be no budget for everyone.Therefore, only if you break you, they replace it.
On Wednesday I have an appointment with my endocrine!So I will tell you more or less as I go and if I find out about a novelty !!A BESOOO!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/22/2010 3:33 p.m.

Well today I start with the combo.

Do you have the remote control?They have not given it to me for now, they have told me that they will give it to me as soon as possible, for the moment management as the previous model.

A question, when I start progressing the basal a doubt has arisen, because I do not know if what I wear is much or little.

How many units do you have in total, in the basal?30.5 come out, I don't get anymore because it seemed a lot, but I think even some more ....... buff ... nose ...

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 4:39 a.m.

Each person has some needs, I have a total basal of 12.60 scheduled, you will have the ones you need to have good glycemia between meals, do not compare yourself to anyone because each one has our needs.

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 4:45 a.m.

Another question:

Does the data transfer pump have, do you serve to pass them for example to the PC and see graphics and things like that?

I think yes, because I have seen that it keeps a history with basal, bowling, etc., but for the moment I do not prove that I am freting with her yet ........: D

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 4:46 a.m.

Each person has needs, I have a total basal of 12.60, you will have the ones you need to have good glycemia between meals, do not compare yourself to anyone because each oneWe have our needs.

Already, I know.Well anyway I suppose that as glycemia are regulated and adjusting, the basal will be lowered and better adjusting.

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 4:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.