New acu chek combo bomb

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/23/2010 2:35 p.m.

ERFLOW DO NOT AGOBS !!!!Look for example I have a basal of 25 !!That depends on the amount of (in my case) Lantus and Humalog that put me up to day!The amounts are added for example in my case were: 38 of Lantus + 15 of Humalog a day that gives 50 units.Of those 5th half, Osease, 25 Iran of Basal and another 25 bowling.They say that from that basal that has come out, in my case 25, we have to remove 20%, but I have not done it and ba me for the moment quite well, if I have removed it, you would have higher glycemia, but as you alreadyThey have said, do not compare yourself !!Each person is a world and everyone has our own needs !!!

The command did give me at the same time.And if you can transfer the data to the PC, but with a pot that is like a USB, which also gave it to me with the pump!If you want I look at you and tell you !!

I encourage the combo !!I have been for 4 days and I'm already enchanty!;)

If I can help you in something, you know!A BESOO!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/23/2010 4:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Won't the PC apparatus the smart?

I have it, because I used it to pass glucometer data (Accuchck) to the PC, Alomejor is the same.:))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 5 a.m.

Hehe, I don't know if it will serve you ...:?This Smart Pix

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/23/2010 5:03 a.m.

Hehe, I don't know if it will serve you ...:?This sets smart pix

Yes, yes, I have the one.

Well then I try it, hehe

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 5:04 a.m.

I'm glad !!;)

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/23/2010 5:06 a.m.

Kiara, how good that you tell us things about the combo ... The truth is that the more information, much better .... Thank you!
Lola, with that of Medtronic you can use a meter (not continuous) Bayer's contaurlink, which does the same function as that of the combo .... The glymia wirelessly passes to the pump ... the rest that Kiara comments isSimilar to Bolus Wizard that have our bombs .... All this can be very useful or not .... It depends on how you have it programmed, and of course my experience tells me that for children and adolescents the Bolus Wizar is purely orientative, because the constant "trajín" (units changes, exercise, growth, hormones, etc.) that are very difficult to program it correctly ... but hey, for the most stable people it is a highly recommended option.
Erflow, is that your endocrine has not scheduled the basal to gradually adjust? ...% is the total basal to put us ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/23/2010 5:12 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

A pleasure Velia, really !!I'm going to tell you a couple more than when reading your message I have come to mind !!The combo has three types of bowling, depending on the type of food we are going to make (I still do not use this option, since I am in the standard mode, which is easier until it organizes and adjusts everything well)

Standard bolus: it is the one we all know.You put everything at the moment
Expanded bolus: The bolus is administered for a certain time interval.Useful for meals, dinners ... long and for slow HC.Very useful for people with slow digestions !!!

Bolus Multiona: Combine the immediate administration of the bolus followed by a prolonged administration.Useful for meals that include slow and fast HC

And as I do not know the rest of the functions of the other pumps, it also has to better control blood glucose in times of: stress, menstruation, disease and exercise.According to some questions that ask us, we enter our data and she calculates the additional amount of insulin to the bolus in chaos of for example stress, disease .. for example: if the bolus that says we have to put ourselves is 4.2, if we markthat we are in a stroke situation (and previously we have had the % of more that we have to put ourselves, to lower the glycemia that this stress produces) the pump adds to that bolus of 4.2 the amount of more for that situation of stress.For example 1. 6.

hahaha have I explained ???Because I think not much: ??Sorry if I don't understand me !!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/23/2010 5:23 a.m.

If Endo gave me, Velia.Well, rather we did it halfway, he likes to do those things we supervise and tells you if you have something wrong.He gave me a basal and on that I have to adjust to me and comment to him.

From Moemnto I have his, but I'm calculating I adjust.

I have not touched anything yet, everything is about the role of time.

I will wait a couple of days to see how it is going.

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 5:39 a.m.

Erflow, I also started with 30 basal when I changed to the bomb, and I got a lot, so we had to adjust. You know the calculations sometimes do not fit reality.I think it is very good that you calculate it yourself because you are the one who understands the most about your body and also gives you independence.Measure a lot at the beginning and observe.It is a matter of time to hit the units.
Kiara, are the recommendations that the meter gives you with your needs?Varia people has told me that it is rather orientative, we are going that the meter tells you with these HC I recommend 6 bolus, but you know you need 8.

Velia, then the contour-link also carries the remote system?So can you get bolus without taking out the pump?And the Care-Link is to send the data to the computer, right?

greetings

lola's profile photo
lola
02/23/2010 6:47 a.m.

For now if I am adjusted to perfection !!!The trick is to know how to configure the pump well to give you the results you really need !!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/23/2010 7:07 a.m.

Kiara, that of Medtronic also has the same 3 types of bolus supply, here calls them "normal", "dual" and "square", and I have understood that I see it, the latest version of the same brand also has the option ofintroduce the exercise and others, and "suspend" vla pump if you are in hiccup and you have connected the continuous meter, but, sniffff, I do not have that version but the previous one .....

Erflow, the first week after the pump connection we were adjusting (upward) because with the continuous infusion the insulin requirements are somewhat minor ... try to measure you often.Soon you will have the right guidelines.

No, no, Lola, the contour link is only the meter, you measure yourself and send the data wirelessly to the pump, without the need for you to typed in it ... but the administration of Bolus and dems are done in theown infuses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/23/2010 10:43 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Ahhh Velia, I didn't know !!It is that as I have already told you, I am a very rookie on issues of brands and functions and others ... of the insulin bombs ... I was to give information !!hehe and can't you change it?

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/23/2010 3:29 p.m.

I am aucinating the bomb, when I started to close it this morning I had 210 glycemia.

Then I have not left 80-112 throughout the day.

I don't know how many controls I have done ............. haha.A lot.

This is luxurious!

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 8:29 p.m.

Of course, Kiara, it is best to be able to know the personal experience of the users, the more the better ... it is great that you can share yours;) ... the thing to change is difficult, first because I am happy with ours (well, well,I would like to see it, the latest version, to see if it is possible that they change it) and those of Medtronic have always treated us with great deference, and on the other because we carry the minilink (continuous meter), which is of the my brand andHe is communicated with our bomb ....
Erflow, and you just started .... You'll see when you are fucking like.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/24/2010 3:57 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good Erflow, what a joy when you wear the bomb and see your levels that go like silk, and when you get used to and see how easy and fast it is to correct you will not want to return to the feathers never again.Anyway, do not forget to always have a reserve pen in case the flies.

Oh, what a shame, that the contaurlink does not have that option.It is what I like about the combo.Anyway, I have almost determined that I see myself to I see the Medtronic, in my case I see more necessary the continuous meter than the Bolus Bluetooth system.In addition, as I see the bombs do not vary much from each other, so I don't think it costs me to adapt.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/24/2010 4:45 a.m.

Erflow !!Hahahaha I have a lot of controls !!I have the fingers that sing alone vamos !!!But everything is for a good cause !!hehehe I encourage, in no time we will be adjustdisses and making life of the most normal!;)

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/24/2010 10:48 a.m.

Of course, you will see that you are some pump experts.
Much encouragement!

greetings

lola's profile photo
lola
02/24/2010 3:15 p.m.

Hello everyone, I change the basal, when for example I am arriving high all the diaies (3 or 4 days), also infulters in the sensivility factor, which changes in 3 or 4 days

DiabetesForo
08/19/2010 2:10 p.m.

Hello everyone, the basal is very important because it is time by time, at 1h you need a different amount than 6, (Example: at 1 it is giving me some high racks, because the suborders in 0´1,That at 6 or another time of the diast, they give me low swings, because the bass according to the controls that happen to me two or three days in a row.
Health.: D

DiabetesForo
08/20/2010 4:16 p.m.

Good night, firefighters.

Although it is a bit soon to say it (because I have not yet confirmed that I will put on the bomb, but I am about to take the step) I would also start with an acu-chek, so if I finally start ... I will tell you.Until now, what Kiara has said is more or less what I know (the basics, go, that I am starting to consider this universe) I will tell you what I finally do, but in any case ... Thank you all for everythingThat you are telling, it is really useful.

All the best,

Alice.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
09/13/2010 7:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.