New acu chek combo bomb

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/23/2010 2:35 p.m.

Hello everyone, as you have, I see that you are up to date, the simple factor is very important because it changes the doses according to the values, what the educator or the endo teaches, because I repeat it changes from 3 to4 days.:-/
Atodal health.:))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 12:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone, what the most important issue, they are not supply, they have sent me a prick and do not fit the canulas that I have, I think it is for the next delivery of materials the new ones will come.
health: d

DiabetesForo
01/26/2011 12:42 p.m.

Hello everyone, Aveis received the new combo because I don't.
Health: Oops:

DiabetesForo
02/26/2011 12:48 p.m.

Hello everyone I am new in this forum.I am interested in putting on the bomb because I have a 7.9 emo I am 35 years old and I would like to get pregnant, I have changed me three times of endocrine so in the next visit that I have in May I will have to expose my subject again.I would like to help me and tell me how much the bomb costs (although it is for S.S. it costs you anything) and how much the rest of things and maintenance costs.First of all thank you very much for being there and if I can help you in something you tell me.I am from Valencia.

Pi79's profile photo
Pi79
04/21/2014 2:11 p.m.

Hello everyone!!I am new in the forum and in the use of insulin pumps, I have been with Aviva Combo since June 17.I have been diabetics for 27 years and I have 35. Like Pi79, my idea is to get pregnant and that's why my doctor's recommendation to put on the bomb.

Until now my controls were acceptable, but very unstable and not because I do not put means to be fine, there was no way to download 7.4 my HBG, and the truth is that although I remain unstable and adjusting in a month I am already in 7.And forgetting insulin bolis are the most positive of use with the pump.

In the negative part, say that I have the fingers of analyzing shattered, and that I still still unstable.I have also had many technical problems with this bomb !!Lack of pump-meditor synchronization, infusion set that fails me without just cause, bubbles ... Maybe it's my thing and my lack of experience, but I wanted to ask if someone else has recently had problems of this type.

Also say that Roche's post sale service is great.He has worried, they call me without telling them and they continuously ask me about how the subject evolves, and of course complains.On the contrary!!But I have the doubt of whether the bomb I carry is ideal, more when my precision and accuracy needs for pregnancy are so high as they ask me.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/28/2015 3:18 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I believe that today in general the bombs are not bad.I carry the animas, I see a month and a half and it is great.Because you don't look to see if it were your bomb problem, it is strange that someone comment what you, surely the bomb has to have some failure.
The theme of bubbles in the animas does not leave because, they gave two guidelines so that they did not come out and it was that where you load the insulin that kind of syringe charges and download the air before several times before loading it of insulin and that insulinIt was at room temperature, but it is true that this bubble is a problem of some generalized pumps.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/28/2015 10:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Gemater What infusion set do you use?If you have problems with him, try another one until you find the one that goes best.To me in her day the educator recommended the oblique but after having problems with them a couple of times I have gone to the right ones and the truth is that for now I do very well.Another thing that I have realized is important is to paste the plastic tube to the skin with a medical tape at 2 or 3 centimeters from the infusion set.In this way you prevent it from disconnecting when pasteing pulls or hooking.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/28/2015 11:15 p.m.

@jconegar the problem is the problem is of the machine and they told me that if I kept changing it, but as a rookie I preferred to comment with expert firefighters, in case it was something that I do wrong.What indicates me of insulin at room temperature I don't know if it will be the cause of bubbles.I will try to get it out instead of a couple of hours before, something else, in case that is.
@Inday the set is the one that facilitated me in the hospital, I did not know that there were several types!That if I will ask or look on the web, maybe I need another guy for my case.By the way the board of tape, great !!I have already suffered those pulls and I even got the way, noted!Thank you.
By the way, the ground cable enroll it, also to prevent it from getting tangled or hook according to where I place the pump ... I do badly?

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/30/2015 5:57 a.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

What goes !!!!Look how I carry it, and now it is little rolled up ha, aj, ha.The infusion set I use is the Comfort Short of Animas Vibe in crooked but is manual and something uncomfortable to put but I do a lot of sport and it is safer to prevent it from getting out.Happy because with everything I do, it has not come out once, some sport, well a little more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/30/2015 2:12 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Well, I will comment with the nurse of the type of set.I had not fallen, but most of the times I went to swim I had failures, just some movement that I make !!I will try and watch options.
@jconegar I do the same, thanks, I see that at least I can discard it haha

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/30/2015 4:22 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello, I'm new to the forum:

40 days ago I am with the ACCU-CHECK COMBO pump and everything I have no complaints, I see to stay around 120mg/dl with a low deviation is relatively easy, the bolus calculator works well.

I only have to be attentive to the strips that send them home and the first time I was without strips a couple of days, now I am more alert and if I see that they are not enough I call something in advance so that they will move the shipment.

RafaRobe's profile photo
RafaRobe
08/31/2015 4:37 p.m.

Hello I am thinking of putting the bomb and I am looking at several models and this would be an option.
As they send you the strips home, do not give you in the ambulatory?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/31/2015 5:11 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Maximum size: (without adapter) approx.82.5 x 56 x 21 mm (3.2 x 2.2 x 0.8 inches)

RafaRobe's profile photo
RafaRobe
08/31/2015 9:20 p.m.

@Gala you will see how you do well.I'm glad you do it even if we don't know each other.Do you know if in your hospital they put what you want?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/31/2015 9:30 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

The glucometer and the pump data should be loaded to a minimum web page (Emminens) every 5 days and we will see all glucose, bowling, basal doses in different types of graphs.The endocrine can see it without us being present.

I understand that Acu-Check the first year sends the strips home, as you can see that you are controlling the days of shipping.

RafaRobe's profile photo
RafaRobe
08/31/2015 9:37 p.m.

Thank you very much @rafarope, I get an idea of ​​how the bombs are going.
@jconegar, in principle if although I see the commercials of Medtronic there, the Novalab goes when the educator calls her to teach the Dexcom to some interested patient and those of Roche do not know them much butThey go.
One question, if you pierce you (the one you have chosen) and then for example at 2 years you want to change it because a new model has come out, can you?The one that they put for you for how many years is it?
It is that once I heard one of the endocrine to talk to the educator of a patient to ask for another pump model and that he was paid by him or something ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/31/2015 11:37 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala In my case I carry the same bomb and they facilitate strips in the outpatient, but I spend the beginning like @rafarope, I stayed a couple of days without strips, ended up buying them in pharmacy € 55.Talk to Roche and they called the ambulatory to solve the problem, and since then I am never missing.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
09/01/2015 2:37 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello good.I am also a Roche Accucchek Combo bomb user, in my case for 5 years.At the time I had a talk in the hospital where they explained to us that the cartridge should change at 7 days.Do you know the reason?Would something happen to extend the "useful life" of the cartridges?

anabela's profile photo
anabela
10/21/2020 2:25 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

anabela said:
good.I am also a Roche Accucchek Combo bomb user, in my case for 5 years.At the time I had a talk in the hospital where they explained to us that the cartridge should change at 7 days.Do you know the reason?Would something happen to extend the "useful life" of the cartridges?

The reason is economical according to the hospital budget.
Imagine that you are driving a car, you run out of gas and send the car to the workshop and tell the mechanic:
Charge me the gas tank and fill it.
Well, the insulin pump cartridge is the same.
The manufacturer says you change it every 3 days but that is your decision.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/21/2020 10:06 p.m.

mamarvazq said:
anabela said:
good.I am also a Roche Accucchek Combo bomb user, in my case for 5 years.At the time I had a talk in the hospital where they explained to us that the cartridge should change at 7 days.Do you know the reason?Would something happen to extend the "useful life" of the cartridges?

The reason is economical according to the hospital budget.
Imagine that you are driving a car, you run out of gas and send the car to the workshop and tell the mechanic:
Charge me the gas tank and fill it.
Well, the insulin pump cartridge is the same.
The manufacturer says you change it every 3 days but that is your decision.

What a practical example @Mamarvazq, I will take it into account.Thank you.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
10/22/2020 11:39 a.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.