Pump and accessories

virginia's profile photo   04/27/2010 7:42 a.m.

Hello everyone:

As I have already commented on another thread, I have been assigned the Medtronic 722. The fact is that although it is less spectacular than I thought I would like to know how the girls manage to carry the pump, especially now that the heat arrives and we carry lessclothing .... heh, heh.I wanted to know if you carry it in the pants pockets, in the thigh, camouflaged in the bra as they have told me ... or if you have any trick to hide it ... as you manage to sleep with it ..... I have also seen that there are several accessories to take it on its website but I don't know if it is worth buying any ..... I know that over time I will not care that people see it and I will pass more about the subjectBut now I have a bit for me to have to be noticed, especially if I wear something more catchy ...... Well, that ... you will tell me your experiences with her.

virginia's profile photo
virginia
04/27/2010 7:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have been with the bomb for a week, and the truth is that taking the first day that I carry it in my belt, I put it on every day in the bra.
I find it more comfortable and I am safer.
I have bought a couple of accessories: a belt that I use to sleep and another for the leg, thinking of skirts and dresses for summer !!
I am worried about the issue of the pool, sunbathe, ... I don't know what I'm going to do with it!
greetings

Aran's profile photo
Aran
04/28/2010 3:46 a.m.

Hi Aran:

Thank you very much for your answer.I imagine that I will take it in the subject because I think it will be the most comfortable ... I will tell you how I apply.By the way, the accessory you have bought for the thigh, is attached to the leg somehow ????.I tell you because I think, that with the weight of the pump the tape the same is added when walking ...... Or is it that it has some kind of silicone inside so that it does not slip like the stockings that league carries ????I am doubting to buy it for this reason ....... the one you say from the waist I am clear that I am going to buy it ...... especially to sleep and be at home because I think it willBe the most comfortable.
The theme of the pool and the beach ....... Well the truth is that it is almost best to disconnect, I guess I will do so although I am not to bathe a lot ... the same if I can get it I can take itput and covered without that of El Sol.I have a bag called "cold wallet" and it is the one I use to transport the reserve insulin when I go on a trip, I put the link in case you do not know it, ( Link <!I take it to the beach to put it inside, that the heat does not deteriorate to insulin and isolate it a little TB of the sand but I do not know if it will be too apparatous.I have the theme of the pool easier because I live in an urbanization with a pool so I have it very at hand ... I will also tell you the home remedies that I use because here in Alicante the heat has already arrived ....

virginia's profile photo
virginia
04/28/2010 12:58 p.m.

Hello Virginia,
The truth is that the leg belt does not have any silicone, it is a tape about 5 centimeters wide with velcro.I get the impression that little by little is going to go down, I have taken it with the idea of ​​summer for skirts and dresses but I don't know if it will be a very good solution!
Thank you for putting the link for cold bags, I will see if any and solve the problems for the pool and the beach.

Greetings and we continue in contact

Aran's profile photo
Aran
04/29/2010 7:09 a.m.

Hello:
I always carry it in the pants or skirt belt, in the bra is very upset and it shows, I do not care that I look, in addition to the handling in any place where I am without the need to go to thebathroom.Now I am thinking of buying a clamp that I saw on the Metronic website to place it horizontally, but it depends on what it costs because I think the cost of the accessories seems to me:-/.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/29/2010 11:22 a.m.

Hi Prado:

I don't know what they cost because I have not talked to the Medtronic representative still but in the hospital when they gave me the catalog they told me that they were all between € 20-30 ........

A girl from the Diabetic Association that she puts it on her thigh has trimmed the league of an average and who as silicone is subject to her great ......... will have to try ......

Aran, I bought the cold portfolio through the association but it cost me the same as on the web and I super good with it.He is very comfortable to travel.

virginia's profile photo
virginia
04/29/2010 2:22 p.m.

Hello good!What a joy and to be able to actively participate in these threads ... I am already a bomber!Well, I don't have it with insulin yet, just with serum.Already next week I put insulin.
I can't put it in the bra, it shows a lot because I am flat as a table.But I carry it at the waist.I have given me the paradigm I see.And it has a black leather cover that gets or vertical or horizonta.And to me the truth is that I don't care if it looks.But my fear is that they give me a pull in the subway or on the street thinking that it is any type of mobile or music player or go to know.So I asked for a waist tape in Medtronic.You have to get these days.Of course, the products are expensive.I think they take advantage of them too much that you depend on them for accessories.I ask about the clip, just in case I get the bomb and cost 19 euros.But of course, this does not change position, it is only vertical.In the end I decided to wait.If you leave ... I'll ask.
I'm going to try the belt, at least to sleep.Because these days I sleep fatal for fear of falling (I move a lot to sleep).But well, I will tell you how the waist.
Kisses

sweety's profile photo
sweety
04/30/2010 4:32 p.m.

Hi Sweety, what an illusion to have you again in the forum, you already had worried !!
How about the eyes?Have you finished the laser?
I have already been with the bomb, and although I still have a lot of things to learn, if I have the feeling that I am better controlled.I think the surprise factor is less than with the bolis.Well, I have to admit that today is a little complicated night, I looked at 01:00 in the morning when I went to bed, and I had 120, and I woke up because I couldn't sleep with 350 and with acetonepositive.Now I am following the nurse's instructions, as they have given me in writing.
At first I have become nervous, but now I think that I better spend all these peculiarities now and that is how the doubts come out, ..., the only thing I want is that this is going and to be able to go to the bed that is SaturdayAnd it's not a plan!
Well, at least time writing in the forum.

Aran's profile photo
Aran
05/01/2010 2:22 a.m.

Hi Aran:

I hope you are already better and that you have rested a little. Since yesterday I already have the pump placed and I was hysterical all day ... ha ha ha, I got up a few high for my nerves so I did not surprise me that halfwayTomorrow I continued the same, 2 hours after eating and with the pump placed from the 12th I found 360 and acetone .... By little I ad ad something !!!!I put on a bolus with Boli but I committed the mistake of not changing anything as they told me in the hospital.I arrived at the top dinner and before I went to bed .... they cross up !!!!360 again but without acetone.I put another bolus with boli and when changing the catheter I realized that I was bent and this did not allow insulin or very little to enter ........I've been 6 mm because 9 bothers me so I don't know if it will be for that.Then as if by magic all solved so at the moment everything is calm ......
I have slept with the bomb tonight, hold the braThe 1st night I was surprised because I slept quite well.

virginia's profile photo
virginia
05/01/2010 8:34 a.m.

Jolin, what about you, getting into my body.That of the ketone that first ... gives me something
How is the catheter folded?I carry it a spiral, caught with underwear, can that not be done ???Of course, as I am with serum now ... I either know if you are getting stuck or not.
Jo, you will see tomorrow ... it will give me a climb of the copon ... how nerves
Well, the waist tape has arrived and now I sleep phenomenal.I sleep with the bra ... I think it is uncomfortable.And with the tape I am phenomenal.During the day I carry it with the leather case that came with the bomb and I do well ... I'll tell you ...
Kisses

sweety's profile photo
sweety
05/04/2010 4:38 p.m.

hello:

Well, I have tried several accessories and they have not convinced me much, so what use is the clamp and not much just for dresses, if I do not wear the pump in the bra or pocket of the pants.And at night I have always slept without pajamas and without clothes so I never get used to any accessory, and although I give many laps I have never cleared me.At first I woke up scared in the middle of the night just in case I had cleared me, I once stuck but it is like when you hit your partner's elbow or with his knees when you sleep, you change your posture and that's it.

To continue enjoying the bomb!

lola's profile photo
lola
05/04/2010 7:42 p.m.

Hello
Sweety do not scare yourself ...... When I talk about the catheter I do not speak of the cable that the pump joins the abdomen or where you carry it placed but of the catheter that you carry "punctured".When I took it to change it I had bent instead of straight.The fact is that it has not happened to me again and everything is great ........... would be coincidence so I will not give importance.

Lola, a question ... and how you carry the bomb in the bra without holding it with the clamp because I have tried to place it without it and it is an impossible mission !!!!!I don't know if it will be for the type of bra that I use or by the way of placing it .......

virginia's profile photo
virginia
05/05/2010 4:15 a.m.

To sleep, instead of putting on myself a hoop, which is what I usually use, I bought some without hoops, top style, and thus puts the bomb.
I have the belt, but I don't finish getting used to

Aran's profile photo
Aran
05/05/2010 7:31 a.m.

Good guys, well, it is the first time I write thereInsulin for 1 year, they gave it to me on April 25, 2009 and I do not believe that it has been a year, the truth is that it is great, my hemoglobin has lowered scandalously, and that of not clicking 4 times a day .... For me it has been my salvation, for or that I see yours are from another brand but all functional equally, mine is the acu-check Spirit, I always carry it in the subject, in that kind of bag that we hook theSide of the subject, I have amount of accessories, but they are expensive in my opinion and I always end up using the same (the bag's bag), at first I had a kind of sleep belt, but nothing, the best thing to sleep to sleep with a shirtInterior of straps, and hook the bag the bag, in the end you do not realize that you carry it, then I have read someone who comments that bothers him in the faste, so look like me a subject who has enough separation in the center of the chest and put it there, so it seems even that you have more chest hahaha good I have looked for my truquillos, the leg in my case is a kind ofMini elastic girdle that there is no one who endures it and the feeling is that you are going to fall.
In summer it is a little roll, I disconnect it to the beach but then I get home with 300 and on the beach you have to be careful that I do not between sand and those things, on top with the heat you fill the bubujitas cartridgeThey are then units that the machine tells that you get on and are air, a little royo but hey, to see if this year I catch it better.
It is the first time and I don't know very well how this is going, but well I hope to help and learn all of you.

nesanbla's profile photo
nesanbla
05/05/2010 12:05 p.m.

Regarding not using the clamp to hook the bag, I have designed a bag with two strips of the same fabric and at each end an automatic, that is to say that one strips with the other and the bonuses with the automatic, thus the groove on the side and is hanging almost under my arm, I do not know if I explain, if someone interests him I send him a photo.

nesanbla's profile photo
nesanbla
05/05/2010 12:10 p.m.

Hello good,
Today I started with insulin.For now the thing is not going wrong.I will tell you.
Well Nesambla.First, welcome to the forum.You have more or less the same years as me.(From 12 and I'm going to meet the 30).I think it's very interesting about the bra on the side.I will think about it and I think I will devise something similar.And the sleeping t -t -shirt looks like a great idea.The waist tape is not uncomfortable.What is very hot.Tonight I try the shirt.Hehe, what guay.
Well, I'm going to control me, let's see if I don't get scared much.He he.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
05/05/2010 4:24 p.m.

Well, if Sweety, chance, have been the same years that are already ehhhh, you will tell me how with the shirt hahaha I started the same with that of the waist but it gives a lot of heat and you will see how with the days you see it uncomfortable, but wellEverything is to do.

nesanbla's profile photo
nesanbla
05/06/2010 4:22 a.m.

hello
Nesanbla welcome.Sweety How do you have your first pump day?I hope well.
I also have the ACCU Check Spirit for 5 years, but in 3 weeks I change the I see the Medtronic.

Well, I have ever used it, but in the end where I find it the most comfortable, the bra, I put it on the gutter and it is held with the bra.You may have to adjust the bra a little so that you do not tighten and not fall, I do not think it is a matter of chest but of bra and especially that you find yourself comfortable.You can also use a longer tube, come on is a matter of trying and tastes, so ...

lola's profile photo
lola
05/06/2010 6:35 a.m.

Hi Lola! I agree with you 100x100, the best in the gutThe bag that I have designed, because wing to the side of the subject.
I wanted to ask you a question Lola, how do you change your machine brand if you have done well with the Spirit? I imagine that like mine, yours at 6 years ago Caput, has a day accountantthat he goes down and they told me that at 6 they gave me another because he stopped working.
Can you cost you a lot to give you the bomb?, I am very much and in the area where I live there is no one else.How often did you change the puncture? As they told me that every 3 days and I stretch it up to 5. Daughter I feel ask so much, but not knowing anyone and since the place where I live, to which I live,Sometimes it seems to me that I am a weirdo, the other day I went to the emergency room to the medical center and did not know how it worked, as they put it in the hospital in the area my hallucin header.

nesanbla's profile photo
nesanbla
05/06/2010 12:42 p.m.

Hello:

Your question everything you want nothing happens.Well, with the Spirit, the truth is very good, but I want the continuous glucose meter, I see that of Medtronic has it included in the bomb, so, now that I have been changing (the Spirit will give you a Pitidito to let you know thatHe will stop working, he warns you about 3 months before and he repeats it) because I have decided to go to that to see how such, by the way, do you have it, don't you?And the continuous meter too?
The change of catheter to me recommended every 3 days, and I make my vague and I leave it 5, I am clustered, we are going to leave it 3, 4 days maximum.
It didn't cost me that they gave it to me, on the contrary they gave me the can for a year to prove, and I was not sure, my boyfriend invited a bomb co -worker to have dinner to convince me, and my endo put me inContact with another pump patient to see if I encouraged me, it was this woman who took the idea of ​​putting the bomb in the subject.

Hey, can you explain more in detail the bag you have done?

lola's profile photo
lola
05/06/2010 4:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.