Lantus

Ana82's profile photo   10/27/2010 6:52 a.m.

I tell you:
A couple of years ago I used to let themselves a time (I don't remember exactly how much) and I had to change to Lantus because an allergy insulin gives me allergy --- & GT;As soon as I click, I got a habón (red and inflamed) that did not disappear until after several hours.That happened to me in any area where I click.

Regarding the rotation of areas I am changing every month and there is somewhere where I still cannot puncture but I also take a cream every day to prevent it from going to more (so I am careful about the iPodistropia andthe rotation).

If I wear a little more novorapid at the time I am high after dinner gives me a hypo (it coincides almost with the dinner time that is when I am high).
If I put 2 punctures of Lantus I have hypoglycemia throughout the day.

The bomb calculates that for June.
I think you're right, Velia, as it is supposed to be temporary I can endure like this ... I already tell you that the mixtures do not like, I used them and ended up going fatal and regarding the controls, I don't careNothing ... I hope you just had to do controls even if they were 20 a day !!!

In addition, something else happens:
I've been 3 days since I have arrived with hypoglycemia at dinner (which is when I was high) ... 3 hours after eating I had between 200 and 240
and 3 or 4 hours after this measure was 50 (without doing anything from the other world).
That is what I don't understand.
If the action of rapid insulin is 3 hours (it is what lasts, even something else), why do I have hypos when there is no longer quickly acting?

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/02/2010 5:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

<Blockquote Ana82 "" = "" Rel = ""
and 3 or 4 hours after this measure was 50 (without doing anything from the other world).
That is what I don't understand.
If the action of rapid insulin is 3 hours (it is what lasts, even something else). Why do I have hypos when there is no longer quickly acting?

The times I have wondered that ... and I keep asking it every time it happens to me ... :-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/02/2010 7:52 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Evil of many ..... hahahahaha.
I would like you to find an answer !!!!: P

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
11/02/2010 8:08 a.m.

It will be that you have excess of Lantus but, if you are well the rest of the day, it is better that you do not touch it and that you have a bit.
If you are low, you will have to download Lantus.
You may need to vary the dose in a few days .. this is so:-/

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/02/2010 10:42 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Let's see if someone can help me.My daughter gets Lantus at night, with 17 units we get very tight levels and even some other hypo;If we go down to 16 we do not get it from 150, but the most curious thing is that with 16 and assuming that at dinner time it has no effect of Lantus is when it comes best, between 100 and 110. I do not understand anything !!!!Thank you!!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/09/2016 10:46 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

This is so complicated Rocío that we had to have a research diploma we are investigating all day that we can and that we cannot do.
You can try to advance the Lantus one or two hours.The last probatin I did with the Lantus was to put it on when I had dinner.That is the ahead an hour.
Now I am with the Tresiba and back to investigate;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/09/2016 1:32 p.m.

Well, we will try, because today it already arrives high at all meals, we will see from here at night ..... Thank you !!!!

RocioLlinares
02/09/2016 2:15 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Have you tried to prick the lantus in the ass for a few days?I am lengthened by the duration of one or two hours and thus covers me almost all day.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
02/09/2016 8:55 p.m.

From the last visit to the endo that I recommended to prick the lantus in my ass (you who arrive well until there he told me) and the truth is that I always put it in my leg and I notice that with less units it makes me much more effect, it is as if the dose was profitable much more than in the thigh.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/09/2016 9:52 p.m.

My daughter always puts it in the culete, that's why she gets to dinner.Last night we increase one, if today it arrives very fair or has any hiccups, we will return to 16 and we will adjust quickly.
And that people who do not know what this is going to tell me, that once stabilizes everything will be easier !!!!It is that ..... if when it is not one thing it is another !!!!

RocioLlinares
02/10/2016 10:06 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares I believe that even living in a convent and making the life of a nun or priest as stabilized as possible there would be uncontrollable days.In fine, those days arise of patience and more patience and more and more ...: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/10/2016 11:02 a.m.

Always, always in ass or thighs that is where insulin has a longer effect.Do not occur to you in the belly

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/10/2016 11:28 a.m.

I have always put the lantus in my ass, but it lasted 20 hours :(

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/10/2016 12:18 p.m.

@Rociollinares, that is a frape to put it in "phrases that you hate that tell you", I put a false face here I wait for you at the same time that I did clear clearly ... and inside, of course, I have only been 23 yearsTo stabilize ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/10/2016 2:49 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I also put it in the culete and I will not tell me 24 hours, I put myself twice and even so when the time of the next Lantus MR begins

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/10/2016 2:50 p.m.

Calla Calla @gala, as you tell them that, they will still think you do nothing to take care of yourself ....

RocioLlinares
02/10/2016 3:11 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I was afraid, last night one of Lantus to try to lower the 150, and today hip at 10 in the morning ...

RocioLlinares
02/10/2016 3:13 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

We will go down again and try to adjust with fast and the HC ....

RocioLlinares
02/10/2016 3:15 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Not clear, I don't say it either, I think about it while smiling at you ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/10/2016 3:37 p.m.

@Rociollinares, maybe your dose is 16.5, with boli you can't adjust so much, but with syringe yes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/10/2016 6:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.