Difficulty injecting insulin

frangc's profile photo   11/11/2012 2:28 p.m.

Hello, I wanted to comment that for quite some time I have difficulty putting the insulin.The fact is that I do not put it directly to the first time, but I have to find the place where it does not hurt.When I put it in the belly, I grab the pinch and try to gently inject the needle.If I notice that it hurts another pinch and I try and so several times until I get it without hurting or I have to change the area.I can't be like that, they have already explained several times the way I have to grab the pinch and everything, but nothing.There are also times that I wear it and I even get a small lump.Please tell me how I put it correctly, it is that when I start with diabetes 1 year ago, at first it never hurts me, I put it on me directly but now nothing.

frangc's profile photo
frangc
11/11/2012 2:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What needles do you use?And what brand?
I with the BD and small, I think that 5 mm, nor did I notice them and did not need to make pinches.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2012 4:07 p.m.

You can be like Prado hints.If you are thin and use 7mm needles, most likely it hurts and get bumps.That is what happened to me.I also use 5 and I notice them.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
11/12/2012 4:24 a.m.

In addition to what they have already commented ...
Above all, the needles do not reuse.
The needles carry a lubricant that makes the edge slide a little better ... If you reuse them, they will surely do you more.

Another key aspect is to rotate the zones ... very important not to repeat puncture in the same place.

DiabetesForo
11/12/2012 12:37 p.m.

Another thing that insulin is not cold (fridge), also a few years ago when the pens that were loaded with insulin cartridges go we go I think I remember remembering that it was not older (I went to the institute), they sent me to seeAs the insulin put me, the defect they took me was that it gave me alcohol to disinfect, and the nurse told me that I did not need to give the alcohol because it sensitized the area, or that if it gave me it would wait for it to dry well tooHe told me that the insulin of use did not put it in the fridge.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/12/2012 3:04 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

The same thing happens to me and every time it hurts more, I am also a little brute and almost never change the needles until I run out of the ball and the truth is that it shows a lot when they are new.
I will begin to change them every time to see if it hurts less
A health

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/13/2012 5:14 p.m.

Yes, I use 5mm needles, I don't put the insulin I am using in the fridge but it hurts

frangc's profile photo
frangc
11/14/2012 6:31 a.m.

Frangc, I sometimes passed me with the cold, when I punctured me with a low temperature, it hurt me and I did as you were looking for another injection zone ...

In your arms also happens to you?

DiabetesForo
11/14/2012 1:20 p.m.

I am using 8mm, they are the ones that give me, I have to tell you to give them 5mm? A greeting

campanilla
11/23/2012 7:26 a.m.

Yes, I would ask for the 5mm, they are adequate for almost all people ... the price for the administration is the same, so it does not have to complain

DiabetesForo
11/23/2012 12:29 p.m.

To me the doctor has told me that the insulins that use (lantus and novorapid) which I am using no als put and take out the refrigerator because it loses "strength" say the insulin, so that the days Q m last each cartridge onceI take it out of the refrigerator I do not keep them again and if you have to fix that I do not give it the sun and that it is not in very hot places!

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
01/15/2013 12:18 p.m.

I never shed in the belly because I don't have fat I always do in my arms and calves.Have you tried it?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/15/2013 3:39 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It was my mother to ask for the 5mm and they have told her that they do not have them, that can be bought in the pharmacy or something? Schec and it costs me more to click and it is to try to see with which one it costs me less.
all the best

campanilla
01/16/2013 7:40 a.m.

Of course you can buy them in a pharmacy, I did it when I wore feathers because they didn't give me the outpatient I wanted.But you should request your doctor.

DiabetesForo
01/16/2013 10:04 a.m.

Well, in February that I have to go with the endocrine, I will tell him but I don't know if he listened to hehe but for trying not to be and if not, I go to the pharmacy and buy them to populate.
Thanks Prado
all the best

campanilla
01/17/2013 5:28 a.m.

I have the pen I have out of the fridge stored in a box, in summer when the temperatures are high the feathers that I am using I keep them in a "cold wallet" that keeps them at a temperature below 20 degrees

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
01/17/2013 8:50 a.m.

I commented at the time that I have enough 8 and 5 needles. Some want to save in case the bomb fails, if someone wants ..... I am from Valencia, I give them gladly, since if I do not know what to do withthey.... :-/

romevila's profile photo
romevila
01/17/2013 10:39 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

I am from Madrid we are a little away hehe but thanks anyway.

campanilla
01/17/2013 12:14 p.m.

I already have those of 5, what a my mother difference, it seems that I do not but put together and it shows that one is bigger than the other and when it comes to puncturing the same, the only thing that bought two boxes in the pharmacy and cost me 35Or so, so that I have a case in the ambulatory and bring them to me from 5 that I have to do ???
A health

campanilla
01/25/2013 3:33 a.m.

Campanilla, 35 Eurazos and according to my uses are for days ?????Hallucinated I am, it hurts that you are not here to give you the Miss.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
01/25/2013 3:49 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.