{'en': 'When the sugar you eat is lowered?', 'es': '¿Cuando se os baja el azúcar que coméis?'} Image

When the sugar you eat is lowered?

campanilla's profile photo   11/21/2012 7:28 a.m.

Well, I take the opportunity to take what I like most and now I can't or have to take carefully: honey.I adore her

My wife thinks that I sometimes caused me to take advantage and take a spoonful of honey.I say no, but I'm going to tell you ...

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/24/2019 6:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello, I try to take 15 r q is enough.A juice of 200 cc that is not low EM sugar and if I do not carry anything over 4 sugar terron and in summer a small graniza.If you eat too much you put yourself at 300 and if you ever have a whim it is better to put more insulin to compensate

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
08/25/2019 12:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Normally juice, I usually have enough to raise it.Of course, once the hypo, some slow absorption to maintain.At the moment I am lucky and I notice them, so I have not had spectacular declines, yes some climb because at the time half asleep when I notice it as what I pillo ... and it always happened to me.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
08/25/2019 7:04 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

A sugar and two or three María type cookies.That is what I always have on top and it has always worked for me.
Today at 6pm.I have had one to 47 and I have always added a yogurt since I was at home and was hungry.A while ago 113.
I have also given some binge above all at the beginning.

I love or loved honey @Cgs, it is one of the few things that I have not eaten 17 years ago.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/25/2019 10:04 p.m.

What is very good is this gel that they sell in Mercadona for athletes.3 envelopes come in a box.They are in the soft drinks.They can be carried out without problems and without the dirt that leaves a sugar when it breaks.2 euros and little.18 grams of HC per overfre:

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
08/27/2019 12:28 p.m.

If you are firefighter and carry the smartguard system, that is, predictive stop, it is not advisable to eat anything.You feel and wait for you to go up alone, although if it is night I drink water with sugar, because if I am below 100 I can not sleep.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/29/2019 5:11 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I like Azuzar.I always carry envelopes from coffees.I hate it, but it's practical.Glucose repeats me for artificial flavors.
If I am at home, like a fruit.If it is a sport, I give myself the whim of a banana.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/31/2019 4:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If I am at home, almost always like a fruit, or a yogurt, if the hypo is low, 40, a juice of 200, if I am there I always carry glucose pills, caramelos, anis balls

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
08/31/2019 10:04 p.m.

Suggage liquids rise faster than solids.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2019 12:57 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The rule is a sweet liquid to stop the hypo, then something solid so that it is not repeated.Half a glass of water with Coca Cola and a piece of bread with cheese by eg.
If I caught away from home, I usually wear a bifrutas and if I don't carry anything solid on top, to the store and the first thing I see.Given that urgency anything with hydrates is good for me

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/22/2019 10:22 p.m.

I also ate things that I should not owe with hypoglycemia, since they gave me cravings and eager to eat.In addition, many times I became nervous to see that sugar lowered me at high speed and then ate for fear.After so many years I have under control that desire-antojo-miedo.Now I do the following:

-If I have between 60-70 mg/dl I take a sugar of 10 g and stop my basal insulin infusion for 30 minutes (because I use insulin pump).I wait 10 minutes and measure my glucose again, if it is above 70 I already carefree.If it remains the same or low, I usually take another 10 g sugar.

-If I have between 50-60 mg/dl I take two sugar and stop the pump for 30 minutes.And I repeat the measurement at 10 minutes.

-If I have less than 50 mg/dl sweep with the refrigerator, because I don't care to have 300.

But there are hypoglycemia and hypoglycemia, if it is because I have eaten little and I have put a lot of insulin because as more sugar or I ingest something with carbohydrates (bread, milk ...) and stop the pump for longer or if it gives me beforeEating, then and I put the insulin after eating.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2019 3:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.