One thousand and one doubts .....

Alberto P's profile photo   03/11/2011 12:51 p.m.

Good to all, I've been saying that I don't have the pump for mobility reasons, I explain myself.I am a Windsurf and Snow practitioner, this was a problem for years, but today one changes their comings and on the other hand the devices improve, I continue with my hobbies but health is the first, so I would like to know that II face and how the bombs are improved ... I think they have read that they are submersible.
I am from Valencia and I belong to the Pesset, what kind of bombs do they put?I also see that pumps with integrated blood glucose reading systems are already available ... This enters everything together or depends on devices' ... well thanks and for the moment with these questions I am making my way.Greetings

Alberto P's profile photo
Alberto P
03/11/2011 12:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Alberto!
I speak to you from my knowledge, I do not know if I will be confused, I explain:
Submersible pumps, there is still no. Yes there are special covers to protect against splashes, but I think nothing elseIt would have a glucose meter, and we would all fight for that type of pump. Another thing is that in the future it can be carried out, but for now, there are only pumps, and continuous glucose meters, which is a pot that is stuck to theBody, like the pump's catheter, and pass the glymatical data to the pump, but it is very expensive, and you have to calibrate it every two by three, according to I understand ...
Anyway, a bomb does not limit you when doing sports, I think. If you are going to do Windsurf, according to your endocrine, you disconnect your bomb and get insulin injected by the time you are going to be disconnected. And toSnow's time, likewise, is not necessary or disconnected. Obviously try to attach it to a place Dfonde cannot suffer blows and already.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
03/12/2011 6:03 a.m.

Normally they alternate bomb brands: Roche and Medtronic

Medtronic is the one who has the most advanced measurement+insulin but the system is still very little used ... about 15-20 people in Spain take it.
Continuous (invasive) meters are somewhat more used, although the price throws back ...

The bomb is a loan made by the hospital to the patient ... that is, the patient is not an indefinite possessor of the pump, but goes from lending ...
The continuous meter is not financed, except for very exceptional cases.

To do a sport like surfing, it is best to disconnect it and leave it in the backpack.There are already prepared and studied protocols for those cases.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/13/2011 5:38 a.m.

As you have already told you, for now the pumps cannot be submerged, but it is true that there are people who dive and protect it with bags that are tightly closed and prevent water from filtering ...
How long are you in the water?Because the disconnection can be done up to 3 hours, following some isontruptions ... You will surely find a way to make the pump and your sport.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/13/2011 7:40 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well Velia, I usually be in the water from 3 to 5 hours .... which is another issue.Sporadic sport and crushing.I am seeing some information about the disconnection and I suppose that this is the solution (they will tell me) but the case I see it difficult, I do not usually be in the water continuously, but in the Winsurf when you touch the waterbe with a good "porrazo".
Owash, I was clear about that ... With the meters I already spent the same thing does the strip of years, borrowed, and I who for those things am very serious, when I got one tried to return the borrow and almost walked through all the offices of theMedical center with the device in hand, nobody knew what to do with it ... without comments come on.:))
With regard to brands I am already seeing that Medtronic stands out, so I will continue investigating why I sincerely discover a new world with this forum and what you dominate the topic, not only in devices.;)
Kekiya thanks to you too.: D

Alberto P
03/14/2011 7:04 a.m.

Alberto, if it is sporadic I do not think you have a major problem .... With regard to disconnection, I already told you in the previous post that you will have to do which is the one that works best for you ... there are those who put a percentage of theBasal corresponding to the units that are stopped put in the disconnection, use, if you have a basal of 1 unit per hour and you will disconnect 3 hours, you would stop putting 3 units, because of those 3 you could put a 60-70-70% of that amount ... which, the first times you would have to do with the effect that the exercise does ... you would have to measure you and see if it goes down or uploads a lot .... However, your endocrine will advise you about it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/14/2011 11:09 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Echa a look at this link .... The page in general is very good.Here we constantly recommend it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/14/2011 11:16 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Eche a look at this link .... the page in general is very good.Here we constantly recommend it.

Oysters !!Velia thanks, here I have for a few days.

Alberto P
03/14/2011 11:24 a.m.

Hello

Eyyy that there is a submersible bomb, those of Animas, the last one that they sell in Spain I think is the animas 2020. (You can submerge up to 4 meters)

I leave you this link that is in English about its characteristics:

It is the one that my son carried until a year ago, and I still get on her :)) Now he carries the Medtronic Paradigm I see.

If you have the opportunity to choose, my recommendation as a "user" (my son is actually carried) is animas without hesitation.It seems that it takes commission eh !!!!:)) :))

mani05's profile photo
mani05
03/14/2011 11:48 a.m.

Joooo, I feel the pata's weather ... I thought it was submerged but not even less to hold that amount of time .... a wonder ... thank you very much, mania ... the truth is that I remember what you liked thatPump ... Too bad it is not compatible with the meter ...

Alberto, now that he is easy.;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/14/2011 12:27 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Alberto, now that he is easy.;)

Doctor, Doctor at night I see bombs ...... :)) Hahahaha is a pussy, I am taking note of everything to go information, another thing is what happens later.Thank you very much

Alberto P
03/15/2011 6:06 a.m.

Hahaha Velia, is that this bomb is not so well known here in Spain, the market is practically dominated by Medtronic.
I took a good disgust when I saw it, I have no point of comparison with that of Animas, but since nothing complete and we wanted the minilink because there was no choice but to change.
Well and that without counting on the famous catheters, which I have already said a thousand times that those of Animas do not give any problem in summer, or with the sand, quite the opposite that those of Medtronic.
I definitely think I'm going to talk to animas to give me commission :)) :))
Good luck Alberto with the bombs, if you want to put it, do not leave it much that cuts are expected.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
03/15/2011 6:34 a.m.

But how can nothing be complete and we wanted the minilink .....

Mania ... explains please !!ESO of the minilink.;)

Alberto P
03/16/2011 11:44 a.m.

Alberto, the Minilink is a continuous monitoring system of the Medtronic House .... It is a sensor that is placed subcutaneously and by means of a transmitter it is sending measures unavailable to a receiver (which can be a Medtronic bomb) every 5 minutes ...
In this same section there are some threads that speak in detail of it.
At the moment, except for exceptional cases it is not financed by the S.S.
At home we have extensive experience of it because both my husband and my daughter (intermittently) use it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/16/2011 5:06 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia, I had read something, but I did not know that it was called "minilink" .... I think the system is fascinating and very appropriate to go controlled but also very consistent ... it seems to me to have read that the transmitter that lasts three weeks goes out for some€ 60: Shock :.With the pasta they charge for this technology, they could well take it to the technically as perfect market because the truth rare that is not protected against water from a daily shower or does not store the data in a change of batteries.:-/

Alberto P
03/17/2011 7:41 a.m.

How do they not keep the data for the change of battery?: Shock: .... Of course they keep them, at least those of Medtronic.
And the water, because the truth is that to shower it is much more comfortable to disconnect it, I would continue to do it even if it endured the water.

DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 8:07 a.m.

In this link he explains that in some models when changing batteries you have to reprogram everything ...... And the truth, it seems very weird at this point: shock:

Alberto P
03/17/2011 9:21 a.m.

Well, with the Medtronic models, the two that I have used in these 6 years of bomber.The 512 and now the 554 (I see) that does not happen and insist, I doubt that it happens with all the last models of any brand, I do not imagine having to program all every month that is what lasts my stack .....:Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:
The link is quite outdated, both Roche and Medtronic and I think Animas already have more modern models.
If you want to have clearer information, look on the website of each laboratory.

DiabetesForo
03/17/2011 11:29 a.m.

As Prado says I do not think that this batteries happen today ... That website is for my magnificent taste, but it must have outdated sections.
For the rest, I give you the reason, everything should be more perfect, although the shower does not hurry, the connection/disconnection system is simple, my daughter does it alone and carries the cannula in the buttock ... It's like taking away youThe clock even is submersible: d.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/17/2011 1:15 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I already have a date for April 1 !!Yesterday they called me .... So this month I am super controlled to take all possible information, although they already know me.The truth is that I am realizing that some things did not do them very well, it is also true that with so many patients per unit and medical (at least in this area) it is difficult to be well controlled with what you do.Well we will squeeze this forum and the Internet to the maximum.:))

Alberto P
03/18/2011 5:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.