Is there any major diabetic, that since childhood?

paris's profile photo   04/17/2011 1:27 p.m.

Hello everyone, today I have the sad day.My little girl is dibetics from 3 years old and right now has 7 and a half.Today he has given me that when he has 30 years of dibetes, he will only be 34 years old, and there are already many diabetics !!!And I think will be serious complications?
Is there any person who is diabetic since childhood and can give me your opinion.?
THANK YOU .

paris's profile photo
paris
04/17/2011 1:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Paris ... I also do those accounts sometimes:-/ ... It is best to think that this progresses, the insulins increasingly better, the control also much better, and that our children will grow very healthy ...However, there are ethics here, Taty, Gondullo ... are diabetic with a few years of evolution and there are "giving war" :))
Cheer up!!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/17/2011 2:46 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I started at 18 and I have 42. So I calculate.And currently no complication.

I, given my position in the Association and the Basque Federation where I am involved, I have to talk to many people and encourage some who ask me about issues like the one you raise here.And I always answer something that is really very important and you have to take into account.It is not the same to be diagnosed with diabetes today than 25 years ago, when they diagnosed me.Because?Because simply, everything has changed a barbarity, even if you do not realize.

The protocols are now much stricter, and insulinizations are drastic from the first moment, since it has been seen that getting decent hemoglobins from the beginning is key to avoiding problems.Before it was not so, he was gradually putting more insulin to go down the socks, but these were very bad for a long time.

The insulins, because what to tell you ... The ancient rapids were not such.Its effects were much more erratic.The slow ones were a disaster and caused some action peaks that forced you to eat in those periods if you did not want to have low, which happened a lot during the night, which disappeared with Lantus or Levemir.

The technology was primitive.The meters took 3 minutes to give me glycemia, and almost no one had them due to their high cost.Almost all worked with the boat strips that we had to check the result visually in a color code that changed based on the light that gave us in that room.And in addition, the results were not precise, but a fork between two values ​​(about 100 mg/dl !!!, that is, you could have 100 or 200).

Insulin was administered with roads and there were no disposable needles, but we used complete syringes each time.And of a needle thickness more than appreciable.Painful, inaccurate and difficult to transport.

The studies that were then much less than now, and therefore, it was very unknown to diabetes and how to treat it and in what way.

I still?:-)

All this resulted in that the expectation and evolution of these people were very different from what is now, where everything has evolved a lot and where, therefore, the expectations and expected quality of life is much greater.Before it was difficult to find an advanced diabetic with many years of evolution and that it was fine.But now it is different, because people who have been in the case of current media and procedures may be the elders of tomorrow and will be the example that diabetes is not indicative of less age or quality of life.

I hope I have encouraged you, because honestly, what I have told you is true and you can check it with your daughter in the future.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/18/2011 11:57 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Great response Gondurulo

We always want more and better, it seems to us that the advances are slow, that they do not want/can investigate ... but it is that insulin is less than 100 years ... it was used in the early 20th decade
In 80-90 years, progress has been made a lot ... Diabetes is likely to be the disease that has advanced the most in studies, drugs and support for the patient ... Another thing is that they are used 100%:-/

Today, in the western world, deaths from diabetic ketoacidosis in a debut are almost non -existent .... Type 1 diabetes has a low mortality rate, but not type 2 diabetes with a high mortality rate, especially causedFor unknown diabetes ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/18/2011 2:43 p.m.

Thank you very much for your answers!Owash, you're absolutely right.
Gondurulo is a very big cosuelo for me to read you.Thank you, for the interest you have taken to explain everything.I cannot imagine a diabetes without glucometer, with reusable needles and with those unstable insulins;I understand that you see everything from another point of view ... but it is that the role of mother is difficult, and there are days that one is more 'thickness of the account'.:-/ I trust that this continues to evolve.By the way, I'm going to ask you a question that I hung around here.My girl in her last Hemo gave 6'2 and as she agreed that she had an annual review, she was also asked for the hemo in venous blood and the result was 7´1;How can there be so much difference between one value and another?Let's see what you think .... Thank you.

paris's profile photo
paris
04/18/2011 6:43 p.m.

THANK YOU GONDROLLO :)

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
04/18/2011 7:41 p.m.

Hello Paris, because I look, I will explain to you, I have been with my friend for 20 years, I was diagnosed when I was 12 years old and this year I will fulfill the 33, and I can assure you that no complication I have, you get used to the routine of eachDAY.... :)

barry's profile photo
barry
04/19/2011 4:52 a.m.

Hello Paris,

I started with this happy disease when I was 3 years old (like your girl ...) now I am 26 years old and 0 complications and that remains like this ... starting being so small has many inconveniences (as is logical) but in a way we are totally used toTo the disease, we know the symptoms very well and we do not scratch what we could do before and not after being diabetics.From a very young age I have touched people much older than I recently debuted with diabetes.
With the issue of complications, ... I had a little worried season because you read studies (most type II) ... but in the end they are simply numbers and each patient is world.On the last visit to the endo, he told me that the body ends up learning to self -regulate, that starting being so small it is possible to later appear complications and that there are bantan cases that are never complications appear if well controlled diabetes are maintained ....A few days ago I put an article from a lady who had been 83 years old with diabetes (died at 90 and not by diabetes).The first years only an injection was put up to date in the morning and neither controls nor anything ... Imagine with today's treatments ...

tica's profile photo
tica
04/19/2011 6 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I believe that we are already "diabetic dinosaurs", the pork insulin that we put ourselves has immune from the problems ... :)) :)) :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/19/2011 7:11 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

: D Gondrullo Very good explanation.

Paris here I put a post, now I am updating with the new insulins and waiting to be "bomber", I am already bored of so many punctures daily.Read another about my cancer operation and complication that I have had.

But pa'alante, pa 'back or pa' gain impulse.I started at 8 and sorry for the little ones who cannot understand what happens to them.:(

Here you have good help from everyone.

Greetings to everyone.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/19/2011 11:06 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

I tb here, hehe in 13 days Cunmplire 36 years old and debut with 7 so there is accounts .... thank God or complications and a life that anyone would think that I am not diabetic, that yes, healthy life with some stumbling blocks, hehe.But if it is true that some parents of some kids who have debuted in the disease remain much calmer when they know me and ask me: but are you diabetic?He he
It is something that would change but since I cannot try to take the best I can with her and I aspire to that healing of the disease so your little sure that before the "turkey age" is cured.
All the best.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/06/2011 12:34 p.m.

Hello good,
I am new here, debut with 5 years recentEverything, surely I had the same concerns as you at the time, not to tell you that when my parents debut the diabetes sounded to the Chinese story, now after 23 years I devoid everything to my family.
When NPH (slow) and regular (fast) debut (quickly), now I am with lantus and the quality of life is much better, I have gone alone with my multiantura friends, I go alone on vacation anywhere and always with my sugar and my sugar and myBoli, there comes a time, in it you realize that you live with diabetes, not for diabetes, but the road is long, do not worry.Another strong descent when I was a teenager, a totally normal life.

I remember one day while with the endocrine I would be 17 years old, I asked me to talk to a debutante I would not have more than 6 or 7 years, the family was discarded did not know what to do, I was having my experience.Then the mother my name is to thank me for everything to give them and show them the future that may be.

Teknon's profile photo
Teknon
05/09/2011 8:53 p.m.

Hello, I have not been able to resist, I have registered and all in the forum to answer: I am 34 years old (I 35 in October) and I am a diabetic since the age of 3 (1980, Olympic year!).The first and most important thing is what you have already told you: the care of diabetes advances to forced marches and every day the quality of life of patients as we improve a barbarity which means a brilliant future for your child.Even so, with stories like mine, ours, with such long diabetes, there is also success.Listen to this!: 30 years of diabetes, as I told you, two healthy children as Murcia vegetables (the little one has a year), hard pregnancies for exhaustive, but healthy control.No complication (none!).On the point of finishing my doctorate, in December I already delivered the thesis.I am Madrid and I owe my health to my parents and the two pediatric endocrine of Ramón and Cajal who are two axes and taught me the "foundations" of diabetes.I lived a year in England where I studied and now I live in the United States where the health system leaves much to be desired but where I have also found a diabetes research center that leaves me stone with its research and encourages me every day: Sansum Diabetes ResearchInstituteI understand your concern, however, the children are the ones who hurt the most, but you know one thing, for me it was essential that my parents teach me not to lose anything because they have always been the most supportive with me and my number one fans, youPaper as a mother is fundamental, so mood and bull.Here you have me for what you need.A hug.

elen's profile photo
elen
08/18/2011 12:30 a.m.

I am a diabetic since 1979 ...... Account, then I was 14 years old for 15. Then it was hard, due to ignorance, but I continued with my normal life.I studied my degree, I married, I had a healthy daughter, with scheduled caesarean section and with an exhaustive control of the almost 8 months of gestation.And, otherwise everything is fine.
I remember the needles with their syringe, the swine insulin ..... the strips to measure the sugar into urine, so different from the acutal ....

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/22/2011 5:30 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

My sister is diabetic since the past 2 years and six months.He is currently 36 years old and leads a normal life.He has two daughters of 11 and 9 years, without diabetes, very beautiful and very healthy.And the good thing is, is the experience.Paa Miq ue has been a great support for less than a year, it is great support.
Ah, of complications, if perhaps, in the end you have to wear glasses, due to diabetes derived.But nothing serious.Salutres

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
10/22/2011 7:04 p.m.

As I believe that the most veteran debut is from 1979, he dares to write to you a more veteran even:
debut (as you say now) January 1970 with 21 years.At that time, in this country and in regard to the world
of diabetes, neither the wheel had not yet been invented;Now there are vehicles that are put from zero to one hundred in seconds.
Gondrullo says he used disposable syringes;As you can imagine I could occupy an entire forum;but
For leaving some brushstrokes only, I will refer to the gadgets I used:
I started with a glass syringe and a plastic container for syringe and two needles that was filled with alcohol
(I still keep).Insulin in glass jar and a daily dose (on an empty stomach).At 11 (more or less), sweat
And all those things you already know.Great comilona of coconut cookies and as a consequence nights road
of the bathroom.I was about to put a hose from the room.All this working 3 mechanic shifts
In a rolling train in which one of the most "thin" tools was an 8 kg mace.
Of course, in these circumstances the situation could not last long;So at two years (approximately)
The rope broke and spent 15 days admitted (ketoacidosis and I don't know what else).There they began to click twice
(morning and afternoon);Then in the company they changed my schedule, I also took away my fear.You must understand
that the only information he received was that of the endocrine, once a month, which took an analysis that made two
Days before "it seems to be high, put two more units" or "this is low, put two units less";They are 3000 pts
(I charged 6800 pts).
After the time came the disposable syringes, the rechargeable pens, the glucose meters (the
First I had January 1990 with which I set out to make an exhaustive monitoring for 15 days, no
It served me more than to eat the coconut and not make anything clear.I keep everything, meter and food data, glycemia, etc.
Then the new insulins arrived the disposable pen, the new meters and by the continuous meter;
that is to say;I started with the painting discovering America with Columbus and after 42 years sailing as I could, now
I'm going by plane;Almost nothing difference.
In the middle I left some view (retinopathy treated with laser more than 20 years ago) and now a small problem
in a foot and obviously 64 to fall.
It is true that now the "backpack" becomes a bit heavier, but arrived at this point, I think I still
I find in perfect magazine and also who is able to take away the "dance"?
Ah !!And throw the "backpack" nothing at all.
With all the advances and knowledge that exists now, I believe that a diabetic will last more than a no
diabetic.Another small detail: I learned that I was diabetic because a neighbor told me: a lot of babies
Let's see if you are going to be diabetic?I went shot to look at an encyclopedia (monitor): diabetes .- Symptoms
Polypsia, polyurgy, polyphia.then in the dictionary to look that is polydipsia ...;mine;As I had already gone
A couple of times a month before the doctor to tell him that I was tired and weird and he told me that it was nothing,
The next day I went to tell him what he had;Answer "You know a lot" and the corresponding face.The rest
I leave your imagination.
Paris conclusion: fears the righteous, your girl awaits a life that many would sign for them.Cheer up.
I assure you that they will have to throw myself, because I do not plan to give up and to your girl less than me.Sure
Forgive for the roll.
Greetings to all

Lone's profile photo
Lone
01/28/2012 1:01 p.m.

Thank you, Lone, you don't know what you encourage us: from.A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/28/2012 3:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Lone, very interesting what you tell.

A question, what problem do you have on your feet?I don't know how diabetes can affect the feet.My problem is healing, which does not heal in a thousand years.Now I have two wounds in the foot I have made a month ago, and they are not infected but they look the same as two days after doing them.I don't know if diabetic feet problems are wounds and sensitivity ...

tica's profile photo
tica
01/30/2012 10:05 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

My problem is with an old hardness that made me visit the podiatry once a month for a few months.
Now it seems that it is on the right track and I will only review every three months.
I had no problems with wounds, but I suppose that several factors influence there (circulation, place where the wound is, etc).According to this podiatry, the best cure, in general, for our feet are bathrooms with warm water and common soap (no more than twenty minutes).
With my hardness, at first, in addition to the bathrooms, he recommended that he had it high (on a chair) as much as I could.

Lone's profile photo
Lone
01/30/2012 4:33 p.m.

Great lone story, thanks for sharing it

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/31/2012 1:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.