Is there any major diabetic, that since childhood?

paris's profile photo   04/17/2011 1:27 p.m.

Thanks Owash;It is life itself.
I am about to be the 2nd best in the world;I was going to ask any of those who handle this to write it well;
That I remove those line jumps that we have no idea of ​​this, it becomes very difficult, but I was already capable
to do it.This "idiot" for the new generations to whom we were not born in the world of computer science is
It complicates us a lot.But I got it very easy !!
Greetings

Lone's profile photo
Lone
01/31/2012 4:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone!.The question has been hanging for a long time, and today I have reviewed all your responses.I do not want to stop thanking you once again and the discomfort that you took to answer me.You are a great example for me.Many kisses and greetings from Malaga!

paris's profile photo
paris
02/27/2012 5:24 p.m.

Hello everyone!

ALG's profile photo
ALG
04/22/2012 7:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Not at all ... all stories are interesting.;)

Greetings.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/23/2012 7:53 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

I have 40 and I have been from the age of 13, 27 and without complications of any kind, and I still do sports as a madman, in addition to having two wonderful children.

nono7419's profile photo
nono7419
04/26/2012 3:52 p.m.

I am 14 years old and I have it since 8 C: well I believed less because the truth does not have many complications only if you have it well in its measures and in its insulin C: I only have ami care, I have a lot that I want to eat something andI do not inject and I slope my daughter if you want to eat any sweet or something so that it does not like it in a little while C:

Mariana Perez's profile photo
Mariana Perez
12/27/2012 1:55 p.m.

Mariana, a doubt, what does Symbol C:?I see that you put it very often and I don't know if it has any meaning: $ haha ​​is simple curiosity ...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/28/2012 11:53 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

The other day in a restaurant, by clicking the insulin, the waiter took out his mother from the kitchen to talk to me.Mrs. had 62 and it was diabetic since 30 and had !!! 5 children !!!the last 3 already with the disease diagnosed.I told me that the poor man could not leave much then because the insulin did not endure the heat.And that the standard of living that I enjoyed was now soundless then.The only bad thing is that he was losing his eyes but did not blame him for diabetes, but at age.I was happy for the day.I worrying about 150 glycemia and any one knows what this woman has had to pass.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/06/2013 9:20 a.m.

My father is also 62 years old and is type 1 diabetic since the 26, similar to that woman.In his years it was a difficult disease to carry well controlled because they did not have as many means as we have now.But in the case of my father, as a complication they have only had to give a laser in one eye there for 1988, and since then with good control it is the healthiest, within how "healthy" we can be those who have diabetes: D.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
01/06/2013 10:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Hello Paris and everyone else !!!I introduce myself on another theme of the forum and now I do it here because I think also "paste."I debuted with 5 years in 1984 !!!I am 34 pa 35 !!Mother how old !!!I do not win and above all to Lone,: D: D totally with everything said, Grondullo has left it.Years I told him that I did not prick me anymore because I did not take away my diabets or as an old old man told me that I had an old disease and that I was not going to develop well: Shock: ... if I saw me now !!I am not the claudia chifer but I am close,: Mrgreen: ... in Genarl I am, as the men would say very good in the current slang :)) :)) of the view like this I have retinopathy but controlled with laser soA "lighting" eyes and above all very healthy mentally, things have effectively changed and surely change more to better: D enjoy your girl than childhood happens quickly, I remember that my mother told my endo when he debuts "I hopeI would have touched me "and my endo replied" she will grow healthy and will have a normal life because she has it well, you take care for your child to be well "I tell you to take care of you a lot that your child is and it will be very happyIf you see you well: D
Thank you all for this magnificent forum

Ros's profile photo
Ros
03/06/2013 1:34 p.m.

Well, reads I read almost daily and today I have not been able to resist thanking you for the mood and knowledge you give to parents that we are learning to live with this disease.Thanks, thanks and thanks

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
03/07/2013 5:10 a.m.

... if I saw me now !!!Men very good :)) :))

Have you introduced us?: Oops :: Oops:
I am very good too :)) :))

DiabetesForo
03/07/2013 1:46 p.m.

Yes, hey I started ros ..... A thousand times I would have preferred to be "mediocre" physically speaking and not having this disease.:?

If that is true that if nobody knows anything ..... as "the procession goes inside" ...... but how much I have envied people who do not have diabetes, because chronic disease is an annoyance for not usingA more foul language, any other chronic disease is more bearable, it seems to me ...

romevila's profile photo
romevila
03/07/2013 3:02 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Well, I don't know Romevila.I want to think that, except at times that it is not known why, the control of my illness takes it.In addition, diabetes does not hurt (physically) and does not cause social rejection.Although at this point I would love that there were different names for the different types of diabetes.Thus we would save many misunderstandings.

DiabetesForo
03/08/2013 1:42 a.m.

Owash .... I'm complete
Romevila, the saying "ignorance is very daring" says everything;I think how habita, at least, I have had the great fortune that my "people" friends, colleagues have always felt very good: ((... oh! I excite myself! ....: D
I'm going to tell you an anecdote, Romevila, then tell me what you think, .. work for half a year taking care of a lady .... it turns out that the same day that does the interview I find out well: Shock :: Shock: work: work:Mrgreen :: Mrgreen :, I just wanted some pelillas to continue studying, well, the thing is: I arrive at the portal, I call, I upload the elevator, and I am in front of the door, I see it open and I hear a voice to whatFar, it passes !!!chest ....: Shock :: Shock:
It is when I realized that "the chifer would envy me" ... I go to the point: to have diabetes if it is a pu ... to be diabetic, ... Well, I suppose more pu ..., but lifeIt is soooaaaan sweet and how you only live once because to make humor ....: D: D By the way, it is the best boss I have had ... I never laughed anymore;) Although the salary did not give me even pipas!!!:)) :))

Ros's profile photo
Ros
03/10/2013 2:07 p.m.

hansolo said:
I started at 18 and I have 42. So I calculate.And currently no complication.

I, given my position in the Association and the Basque Federation where I am involved, I have to talk to many people and encourage some who ask me about issues like the one you raise here.And I always answer something that is really very important and you have to take into account.It is not the same to be diagnosed with diabetes today than 25 years ago, when they diagnosed me.Because?Because simply, everything has changed a barbarity, even if you do not realize.

The protocols are now much stricter, and insulinizations are drastic from the first moment, since it has been seen that getting decent hemoglobins from the beginning is key to avoiding problems.Before it was not so, he was gradually putting more insulin to go down the socks, but these were very bad for a long time.

The insulins, because what to tell you ... The ancient rapids were not such.Its effects were much more erratic.The slow ones were a disaster and caused some action peaks that forced you to eat in those periods if you did not want to have low, which happened a lot during the night, which disappeared with Lantus or Levemir.

The technology was primitive.The meters took 3 minutes to give me glycemia, and almost no one had them due to their high cost.Almost all worked with the boat strips that we had to check the result visually in a color code that changed based on the light that gave us in that room.And in addition, the results were not precise, but a fork between two values ​​(about 100 mg/dl !!!, that is, you could have 100 or 200).

Insulin was administered with roads and there were no disposable needles, but we used complete syringes each time.And of a needle thickness more than appreciable.Painful, inaccurate and difficult to transport.

The studies that were then much less than now, and therefore, it was very unknown to diabetes and how to treat it and in what way.

I still?:-)

All this resulted in that the expectation and evolution of these people were very different from what is now, where everything has evolved a lot and where, therefore, the expectations and expected quality of life is much greater.Before it was difficult to find an advanced diabetic with many years of evolution and that it was fine.But now it is different, because people who have been in the case of current means and procedures may be the elders of tomorrow and will be the example that diabetes is not indicative of less age or quality of life.

I hope I have encouraged you, because honestly, what I told you is true and you can check it with your daughter in the future.

ani's profile photo
ani
11/21/2015 10:11 a.m.

Find this beautiful text of you, Hansolo, and I am greatly like everything you say because here you have another "survivor" of the antano insulins !!, use those of pigs, cattle, the human, modern and now are the last ones of whichI am much more balanced with the glycemic levels, but I can assure you that I have gone through everything;Everything a diabetic can happen with this troglodite treatment !!I started at 15anos and now I have more than 53an of this beautiful sweetness that accompanies me more than my own husband !!!Because: It is with me 24 hours of the day and sleeps with me without taking off for a moment of my bed !!!!I almost stamped my 70an and I can assure you that my trajectory has not been easy, but with my daily effort and struggle, I have managed not to have severe complications, so I continue in this world of deprivations that makes me happy, because I see myDaughter of almost 40anos, my grandchildren and everything that surrounds me in my daily living ... I tell you that my Glyquee is;6.3 % and live in Bruxelles;Always take care and a sweet hug from Ani,

ani's profile photo
ani
11/21/2015 10:31 a.m.

paris said:
hello everyone, today I have the sad day.My little girl is dibetics from 3 years old and right now has 7 and a half.Today he has given me that when he has 30 years of dibetes, he will only be 34 years old, and there are already many diabetics !!!And I think will be serious complications?
Is there any person who is diabetic since childhood and can give me your opinion.?
Thank you.

ani's profile photo
ani
11/21/2015 10:37 a.m.

Paris, how elegant is your name !!!!Do not feel sad because the diabètes appears only to people who are very brave in life i-) and very willing or all kinds of sacrifices and efforts !!!= ((I start my 15Anitos and now I have more than 53an with this sweet diabetics life and I am already "treading" the 70anos !!!!! strength, coral and courage and always, with my forehead well high to cool everythingThe obstacles of this "treacherous disease" !!!

ani's profile photo
ani
11/21/2015 10:47 a.m.

Hello, I am Alberto (the family diabetic), not Monica.

@Paris I started with my diabetes in September 1981, I was 10 years old.As @lone says then it was very different.He has already told how it was at that time.What is true @Paris is that even though diabetes being a pain, even having to be constantly with your insulin and controls ... well carried allows you to develop a very normal life.The good thing your daughter has is that surely she will see a more drastic or definitive solution for diabetes, which I will not taste.My diabetes has taught me many things and allowed me to meet wonderful people (many here) and that is something that I will take.The most important thing that has taught me to be a diabetic is to be a fighter, nonconformist, to have goals and challenges, concerns and live my life day by day, to enjoy what today brings me.This is something that many people do not have and surely I would not have without my diabetes.

Your fears @paris?I have them, my wife has them, my daughter has them ....... we all have one or several days when you end up fed up with diabetes, days when you would feel like a whole paella your alone, drink 5 liters ofBeer without worrying about your glucose, throw your bowling, syringes, roads, lancetas, ... but that happens to diabetics and those who are not.Everyone, I think, we have that day when we finish until the C ---- It is simply that day we are aware that we are/we exist.Well, that day give yourself a whim, let yourself be, do what you want to change that situation.

Your daughter has 7 and a half (mine 6 and a half).Is your daughter happy?I imagine yes !!!Well, be happy !!!And to diabetes, with all my love towards her, to give her !!!!!

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
11/21/2015 12:53 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.