From Barcelona (somewhat bump presentation)

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/01/2013 8:35 p.m.

Hello everyone.
I am new, both in the forum and with diabetes, and on the one hand I am somewhat "crowded" to put it in some way, mostly for lack of knowledge, and I hope to find in the forum a lot of information that will be needed so that everything is what what is whatGreater harmonious possible for me, for my family and my surroundings.
I continue with my presentation, and forgive the brick.
My name is Miguel, I am 44 years old about the 45, I am a family father, with a wonderful woman and that helps me, and this is being taken calmly (the truth is that she is a holy) and I try to reassure her taking me with some ofCachondeo, I also have a newly fulfilled 7 -year -old son and another 16 son of my wife's old marriage.
I am a commercial agent, and nothing less than sausages of the good hahahaha that for more inri, cheeses, oils, preserves, and a long etc ... come on everything I sell is what I cannot eat hahahaha.(Now that I will tell my customers when I ask me if the product is good hahahaha)

I have been a hobby biker for recentCrisis I do much less or virtually none but on Saturday or Sunday with a group of bikers), sorry for this, but precisely for motorcycles comes because I know that I am diabetic, or so I think, but the points to be I have everything I have itIn my favor hahaha.

I enter a new boy in the biker group, it is ambulance ats or something, a Sunday that we fell to breakfast near Girona gave us a glucometer, which none wanted, but offered to make us a glucose test, and since II have been analytical for more than 14 years, I told him, because Francisco looks like, as I have been doing an analysis, although the last time was 2 points above, that the doctor told me that I would not worry that it was little.

He made the test and he was 462 that I said, but I miss him since he did not have a bad face for it, my appearance was healthy, and such, such, one of my classmates was done and I did not reach 100, that afterA very good food, bacon, butifarras, grilled artichokeInterested in disease, I said, man this morning before leaving home I have had 2 coffees with milk, each coffee with 3 tablespoons of sugar dessert, and 2 muffins, and now the wine the soda, the coffee, etc ...But even if he told me it was too much, that you have to be minimal at 80 and maximum in 120 something that I did not know, and he told me ... if I went to the ambulance right now I took you to the right hospital, and if I do not tell you that fencesIt is because I see you perfectly, if we would not go to the nearest hospital right now, stay the glucometer, take the reactive strips, some non -reusable finger punches, and at home inside about 4 or 5 hours you look at it again,And if you stop, do not hesitate to go to the GP.

I get home, and I tell my wife that they have given me, they see that I do the test, let it do it and go to it 88 sugar, here and that it is thoughtful, I do not want to say crowded because he hasI am not today.

During that week I measured the sugar with the glucometer, and changing all eating habits, since nothing more like "Because" and I carry a very poor diet, practically based on meat, fast food, and all that we should not eat,I make the food change and one day in the morning 253, at night 365, the next day 276 in the morning, at night 347, to the next 268 in the morning, at night 332, come on, I'm moving for those levels littlemore orLess the minimum 239 and the maximum 293 that has been just today.

Last Tuesday I called to be given with the doctor, they make me appointSugar through the clouds, he tells me to call me a nurse.
It calls me a very nice nurse and tells me that it happens to you, and I tell you that I have the sugar levels above 250, and it was to see if I could meet with the doctor, he answers that during these days I do not takeNo sugar, that eats a lot of vegetables, to leave the soft drinks, only water, and I do not know what else, and that we would see each other very soon on Thursday afternoon at 7 pm.
Total that although my diet had already changed, I emphasize it.

Thursday, I am impatient to see her, I comment on what happened, he asks me if I am bad, tired, if the soles of my feet hurt, etc. I say that I am well, something tired, but well physically, I do notThe feet hurt, and etc ... My wife tells her that she had been drinking a lotThere were 260, 270 or 280, he tells me ... well apparently you are diabetic hahahaha but quiet, because although it is a disease you have no problem because with small changes in your habits you can lead a very normal life.

First and before all to change your diet, now you have to eat healthy, a lotYou want and tell him and pork that he has not told me anything about him ... he tells me ... too, but this as possible, and with no fat just the lean, sausages outside, cheese outside, half -naming milk, skimmed yogurt, and etc ....A lot of exercise, especially walking on a ½ hour daily, and here I start laughing, looks at me with a bad face and tells me ... man is not to take it to mess, and I say, forgive, it is not that I take it to you hurryAnd less when it is my health that is at stake to put it in some way, but that is not a small change for me it is a total change in my life, vegetable practically or try it, meat whatever, fish at most twiceEvery 3 months, cheese and sausages every day, I exercise little lead a very sedentary life, sugar in bag, whole milk, yogurt and lactic desserts the fridge full for me, hahahajajaj, the truth that inflated me of laughing and my wife still, sincerelyI had fun that moment, because both she and we in the end do not take everything of healthy messing.

He has asked me to appoint me an analytical, and then after the analytics to see the doctor, he has not prescribed anything to me, he did not tell me anything or I asked, in that we fell either my wife or me, I do not know if II should have prescribed something or not, he honestly told me to keep my diet at bay and that after seeing the doctor we would see each other again in the consultation.

I get home and tell my wife, baby, I liked the nurse, she has given me hook again as Joia has been for more than 15 years without seeing me, I liked it and now she wants to see me often the Joia hahahaha.

I am a lot to eat, but not in the morning, so far I had breakfast 1, 2, or 3, coffees with milk with a lot of sugar, and until noon nothing, someday punctual, a croissant or a donut or similar, but I already sayThat this very punctual, at noon an eating jart, when I arrive in the afternoon/night of work I usually eat something, sometimes a piece of bread and oil for saying something like a chocolate croissant of those little ones, or a Magdalena orSausing, we are pijadas, then the dinner that does so much, and after dinner, chocolate, sweets, cookies, nutsetc…

Let's say that the part of the food is what I carry, with this situation, and not for eating "healthy food" because I have no problem to eat anything, but because I am hungry, I infly on vegetables, fish, fishetc….And if I fill myself, but at half an hour my body asks me for food, I try to satisfy myHe says that he is hungry again, the truth that I endure and I try not to eat anything else, but there are times like last night (I have only done it this time) that I had to eat 3 slices of bread of that integral bimbo, because I had no noses toI fell asleep, and I no longer knew if I was hungry or thinking about it.

Well, thanks for enduring this brick to anyone who has come here, I know that it is not an easy disease is to be diabetic, I have tried to look for more information in Sant Google but without obsessing myself because many things are read that sometimes does not sometimes notThey would have to be written from people who do not know howMature, and especially when you have people around you who love you and you love them, and in things like these are the ones that do not have to sink so much for them, but for that you have to start with yourself.

I am here although rookie in this disease even being my diabetic father also in his last years of life, I have never been interestedNot even my sister and less of my mother, he was mediated, the insulin that was needed and little more about diabetes was injected, but in what can help you today and I hope that a lot in the future here I am to putMy grain of sand and thank all those who have previously put it in this and other forums or blog.

My questions are….
With these glucose levels, which would be diabetic 1 or 2 ???
Do you think I will have to prick insulin ????Or with pills out of the step.
Do you think they should have prescribed something, or better to wait for the analysis ???

I don't want to close this post without giving you all, and again forgiveness for the brick.

It shows that I'm commercial, right ??? ’hahahahaha thanks.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/01/2013 8:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome: d

DiabetesForo
04/02/2013 4:29 a.m.

Welcome to the forum.
The figures that you put are quite high, perhaps you should see if you have acetone in urine, in the pharmacy they are worth 2 or € 3, if you had acetone in urine I went to you to the emergency room of the hospital, without expecting anything ...
Have you lost weight? Much foods? Drinks a lot?When I say a lot they are brutal amounts: 8 liters of water a day, 1 bread bar for dinner ... If the answers are that you could have uncle 1 diabetes ... they are likely to look at your insulin reserves through the peptide (ask thedoctor when you go).
For your age, for now, they have thought that you are type 2, although it must be confirmed well

DiabetesForo
04/02/2013 4:44 a.m.

Hi Maikel,

Your values ​​are very high and at all specific.So you have a problem.Try to eat the least "bad" possible hydrates and confirm with an analytical the type of diabetes you suffer.As soon as they tell you because it will be seen what kind of medication and/or diet you will need.The advice on measuring ketones in the urine is very good.From 180 of sugar and ketones ++ or +++ to the hospital.

Good luck and you will tell us.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2013 6:06 a.m.

Hello,

It seems amazing that a doctor has not yet seen you.Head doctors nurses have very basic knowledge.If you still have the glucometer, make an analysis and if the glycemies are maintained above 250, go to emergency, it is better to sin as it cautious than to wear a fat fright.Does your breath smell?That is cetosis symptom.

The good news is that diabetes does not prevent you from eating sausages and good things :) All in its fair average.For now what you have to restrict are carbohydrates.

You will tell us how you are going :)

tica's profile photo
tica
04/02/2013 10:37 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks for the answers, this afternoon I will buy a urine analyzer in the pharmacy to see the ketone, and on that I will take a decision, the boy who gave me the glucometer gave me a few reactive strips, now I have 2 or 3 left, and eachTomorrow I look at myself, I have stopped measuring it at night because there were hardly any left, and I am cut to ask me to facilitate others, I do not want to abuse.
This morning has given me 232.

Welcome to the forum.
The figures that you put are quite high, perhaps you should see if you have acetone in urine, in the pharmacy they are worth 2 or € 3, if you had acetone in urine I went to you to the emergency room of the hospital, without expecting anything ...
Have you lost weight? Much foods? Drinks a lot?When I say a lot they are brutal amounts: 8 liters of water a day, 1 bread bar for dinner ... If the answers are that you could have uncle 1 diabetes ... they are likely to look at your insulin reserves through the peptide (ask thedoctor when you go).
For your age, for the moment, they have thought that you are type 2, although it must be confirmed well

If I have lost weight, and a lot, I weighed about two years 95kg using 48 pants size, and one of them size 50, currently weight 74 and use a 42 and already starts to leave that size, there are pants that I can put my handWithout unraveling them.
Liquid, if much, not at the level of 8 liters, since in the morning just drink nothing, but from the afternoon at night, days of 5 liters of water.
Urini, vast, nights of getting up 3 or 4 times in 6 hours, an average of every 1.5 hours after going to sleep, my wife said that the Meoncete doll looked like.
I have eaten a lotAnd those things that are now going to prohibit me hahahaha, and at noon more of the same, the sauces, oils and things suck them with bread.

Now I am going to make the nap, and I am going to work, but when I arrive I will look for all those foods that have hydrates to stop taking these days before the analytics.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2013 11 a.m.

Well, from what you have, you can be a type 1 ... that will be confirmed with glycosilated hemoglobin and especially with the C peptide
As Tica says, it would be best to see you an endocrine, as soon as possible ... and that you can only get it via emergencies.

We recommend the endocrine, because sometimes, head doctors are very outdated and if you have the bad luck of top with an antigualla, it will diagnose you badly, it will tell you that you are type 2 because yes (and based on your age) and without making youMore tests that confirm anything.

The ketones that he said before, are very important because in a matter of hours you can enter coma due to ketoacidosis (which is the main vital complication at the beginning of diabetes).
You have to avoid that anyway.
A good indicator is to smell apple, as Tica says ... for example when urinas, or if your wife notices you.

It will not help you to stop eating hydrates (in fact you should not do it) in the analytics you will measure the glycosylated hemoglobin (which is the average value of the glycemia of the last 3 months), several days on a diet they will barely varyThe result.So you tell, the result will surely be above 9%
Above 6.5% diabetes are considered.

An idea that can be worth now is to divide a dish into 3 parts: carbohydrates (rice, flours, legumes, milk, fruit), proteins (meat, fish, eggs), vegetable (which although they also carry hydrates can consume them in largeamounts.
That way you won't go anything.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2013 11:42 a.m.

If you have lost weight and you are also in just 74 kg and your results do not tend to fall clearly on an empty stomach, I would say that you are type 1. Although what is very rare is that you do not find yourself very tired.

In fact, it would have been in the first test when you had 462 call an ambulance and that they would run in a hospital.

What you can do is go to the Clinic Hospital of Barcelona that have a good diabetic section, tell it and there will be the tests and give you material for diabetics, teach you to handle everything, if you need insulin, etc.(They also have in Sant Pau but I don't know if it works as 'Dia hospital')

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/02/2013 4:21 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Thank you for help you are giving me, I bought the strip that to look at the urine ketone, I have asked how it worked and she told me what best do it in the morning on an empty hand to if tomorrow I tell you how much cetona I have, I thought, I thoughtThat it was a boat hahahaha, poor of me if I am a total ignorant jajajaj.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2013 4:37 p.m.

Well acetone look, and nothing is left of the same color, nor is I unchanged: D and glucose in 242: Evil:

DiabetesForo
04/03/2013 2:58 a.m.

Hola a todos,

No necesariamente la hiperglicemia debe estar asociada con cetonas y acidosis
Revisando las lecturas en ayunas, SU 'glucosa basal' (su glucosa adherida a la sangre) podría estar entre 200 - 220
Y a partir de allí, si no cambia sus hábitos alimentarios, pues siempre estará subiendo y bajando , hasta ese mínimo

Cómo buen comercial, deberías venderte la idea que debe haber un cambio radical en tu alimentación
E ir identificando de tus caprichos gastronómicos, cuales te elevan la glucosa y cuales no

Es posible reducir esa glucosa basal elevada ??? ... personalmente, es posible
Pero , que sepas que tu capacidad de metabolismo ya no funciona, y la línea es muy fina entre mantenerte o seguir en el desbarajuste

En la noche, prepárate una ensalada + proteína (pollo, ternera, pavo) y si continuas con hambre come una manzana

Saludos

ayunas tardes noches
1er dia 462 eso después de una buena comida'

cambio de hábitos alimentarios
253 365
276 347
268 332
239 293

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
04/03/2013 7:54 a.m.

Hello everyone,

How good commercial, you should sell the idea that there must be a radical change in your diet
And identifying your gastronomic whims, which raise your glucose and which do not

Jorgelui, thanks, for your answer, the truth that the radical change in my food is clear, Clarisimo, apart from what I have to do for my own good.

I carry in 5 days eating more fish than throughout the year 2012: D and greener than a rabbit: D, includes salads of those embolled ones that are supplied in Carrefour, out of what I have added I have added him on a couple of occasions onionTender and in all salads 1 can of small atun, 1 pair of small slices of bread, although I have not weighed it I imagine that much less than the 50gr that the nurse recommended, according to her words a 250gr bar split it in 5 pieces, because the two slices to the eye of good bucket I think they are below a part of those 5.
And before I go to sleep a glass of skim milk with 0% cola-cao without sugar, 1 teaspoon of dessert, with integral cookies and without sugar, last night ate 6 cookies, is that it seems to me, that since I do not accustom me littleSoon to that amount of food, I don't know what happens to me, that after a while I have hunger again, the same with fish, I inflying to me, and within a few hours I get more hungry than the sharpener's dog,That the sparks gaunt to eat something hot :))
The problem I think I have is the theme of food, that the contributions of each one are not differentiated, I think that eating a fish with fish for putting an example is already, this is to give an example.

Today I finished reactive strips, I mean that I can no longer measure glucose until the doctor is prescribed: Evil:

DiabetesForo
04/03/2013 10:48 a.m.

The urgent thing is to see if you have DM1 or DM2
The treatment (including food) changes a lot from one type to another.

Without insulin, everything you eat the body does not assimilate it, all glucose is circulating through the blood without getting into the muscles ... Insulin what it does is get together with glucose (food) and get into the muscles (heart, lungs, etc) ...
With DM1 the pancreas does not manufacture insulin ...
With DM2 it is manufactured insulin but either in insufficient quantity or the muscles do not capture it well.

And yes, ketoacidosis is very important that you look at it, but you have much better, but on many occasions ketosis appears in a matter of hours.

very basically,
Everything that runs, nothing or flies ... They are proteins and do not raise blood glucose (theory)
Everything that is born from Earth + milk ... are carbohydrates (they raise glycemia)
You have to eat everything ... that's why I told you above, you divided food into 3 parts: proteins+ carbohydrates+ vegetables

DiabetesForo
04/03/2013 12:11 p.m.

Hello

The idea is not to apply the diets of the 1920s, because you will die from malnutrition.
But, eliminating that excess ... little by little

Identify 4 groups:
- vegetables
- Proteins (chicken, veal, fish)
- HC's = rice, legumes, spaguettis and bread
- fruit

Bread never combines it with the rest of HC's or fruits
Bread, always combine it with extra virgin olive oil

Fruits, never combine it with meals, always alone (quotes)
The only fruits that consume and without combining them are: orange, banana, apple

What breakfast?
A cup of milk + a tablespoon of coffee + 60gr bread + olive oil + white cheese

At 2.5h
I take a natural orange juice (without sugar)

After 30 '
I take a banana

What lunch?
A hydrate + vegetables (olive oil) + protein

After 3h
Like an apple

What a dinner?
A hydrate + vegetables (olive oil) + protein
either
Vegetables + protein and after 2.5h = apple

My glycosilada was 12.9%
In the health center, an older woman told me: 'Follow a diet' to see what happens
At 6 months, it was 5.9%

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
04/03/2013 6:54 p.m.

Does anyone explain what adhered blood glucose?In 25 I had never heard that concept ...

We are mixing type 2 diets with type 1 diabetes. It is also better not to give examples of diet that someone can go well and not another person.The juices prohibited them because they are rapid absorption.And olive oil is very good but when there is acetone, fats must be reduced as much as possible ...
And knowing if there are ketone bodies is essential because if there is, you have to run.If there is no .... I would make a visit to the emergency room and probably go out with treatment and soon stop having that atrocious and thirsty hunger ... Diabetes is a disease with which you can live perfectly, but that the quality of lifeIt will depend on a good diagnosis and good treatment.

tica's profile photo
tica
04/04/2013 3:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Treatment and soon stop having that atrocious and thirsty hunger ...
>
Thank you, thirst, it was a season behind, lately I would tell you that more or less from Christmas, stop being so thirst, but I have thrown myself a year in that way, but as I said during the day I did not have that thirst only forFrom the mid -afternoon / night.
And about hunger, I am a person of Mucho eating always, I do not stop until I was totally satiated, my two big meals have always been food and dinner, and for telling you something like a plate of food or a half -bar of half a bar in the middle bar, and then I peck more things, until I'm going to sleep, now a plateThat Aquia for a while when the new habits get used to the thing will be different.

DiabetesForo
04/04/2013 3:38 a.m.

Fruits, never combine it with meals, always alone (quotes)
The only fruits that consume and without combining them are: orange, banana, apple

Can you explain to me what do you base this statement? Why do you have to eat fruits between meals?
You may prefer it like that or that you feel bad to eat the fruit after eating but I don't see another reasonable explanation, I don't understand that you just eat three fruits as soon as you have some medical restriction by allergies or intolerances ....
I agree with Tica, we are not doctors and therefore it seems a bit daring to promote diets without more.In any case, we will have to wait for Maikel to diagnose correctly and see if it is type 1 or type 2 because the treatment and diet will be very different in one case or another.

DiabetesForo
04/04/2013 5:33 a.m.

With the fruit they advised me not to eat it without taking a yogurt to make the absorption slower.The juice "prohibited it" during pregnancy (they have never banned any food or sweet as longYou make a juice with her.

DiabetesForo
04/04/2013 6:39 a.m.

Can you explain to me what do you base this statement? Why do you have to eat fruits between meals?
You may prefer it like that or that you feel bad to eat the fruit after eating but I do not see another reasonable explanation,

The fruit is a food that if it is not digested very fast is rot in the stomach and ferment.Many doctors and dietists recommend that you are not eaten after meals for that reason.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/04/2013 8:23 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The fruit is a food that if it is not digested very fast is rot in the stomach and ferment.Many doctors and dietists recommend that you are not eaten after meals for that reason.

: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

I lead all my life eating the fruit after eating and it is the first time I read something like that, there are many myths around food that are not based on scientific.
To me, like Haribita, they recommended me when I debuted that the fruit being of rapid absorption better to take it after eating to make its absorption slowto eat the one I want ... Je ...

DiabetesForo
04/04/2013 11:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.