From Barcelona (somewhat bump presentation)

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/01/2013 8:35 p.m.

hello,
11.6 is glycosylated hemoglobin?If that is very high.I guess you have only seen the header.They would have to have looked at insulin reserves, I never remember the name of those analysis ...

Start with the pills and having the meter you can see if the thing is regularized or not.The best would be to see you an endocrine.

You will tell us: D

I do not understand, but I put it the same as it puts on paper.

SM-GLUCOSA 14.7 mmol/l
....................... 264,6

(SAN) HB GLICHOMOGLOBIN A1C (DCCT) 11.6 %
(SAN) HB-GLICHOMOGLOBIN (IFCC) 103 mmol/mol

That is what he says, on the meter I do, what I do not have are reactive strips, I stay without them last week, the machine I have is an accu-chek aviva, I have told the doctor that if I could prescribe meReactive strips, and she told me that the next day with the nurse she will give me if this model is compatible with my machine or will give me a new machine, with strips and lancetas, do you recommend me buying a box of reactive strips?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/10/2013 6:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I understand that you have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes

If 11.6 is glycosylated hemoglobin, it is sufficient reason to send you to the endocrine and reconsider the diagnosis.

The treatment is strong, to be initial.
Metformin+ sulfonirulea
Of metformin little more can rise to you, the recommended daily dose is 3 g and in 10 days you will take more than half.
Glyclazide is a drug that squeezes insulin production ... it would be difficult to understand that this medication would have prescribed without having proven insulin reserves by an analytics of the C peptide

It is important that you do not jump food and that you always eat carbohydrates, at least in that intake because glyclazide can cause hypoglycemia.

Normally type 2 are not given meter or reactive strips.Not even those who have hypoglycemic drugs.
Maybe in Catalonia it is different (although I don't believe).

The most appropriate weight and diet have not told you anything?

He has not told me anything about the food, I imagine why the nurse already told me, this gave me a role with the permitted, not advisable, and prohibited foods (you have to get together these are the ones that I like the most hahahaha)

DiabetesForo
04/10/2013 6:58 p.m.

Hello!

In Catalonia there are meters and throws to type 2, although not all: it depends on the medication you carry, your blood glucose levels, etc.My aunt is type 2 and they are given.
You can buy them better: they are monstrously expensive.Each strip is virtually 1 euro (thieves laboratories: Evil :).
Cry the nurse of your cap to give you, they will not give you recipes, they will give you the strips in hand.Each meter brand carries its strips, those of each other are not compatible.
If they do not have Acu-Check strips, it will surely give you a bayer meter and its corresponding strips.
I am surprised that they already know that you are type 2. In my case it took 15 days to determine it after giving me the analyzes.
If you are really type 2, my most sincere congratulations, because it means that your pancreas will continue to produce insulin in the coming years.: D

Luck!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
04/10/2013 7:44 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

That is what he says, on the meter I do, what I do not have are reactive strips, I left without them last week, the machine I have is an accu-Chek Aviva, I have told the doctor that if I could prescribe reactive strips, and she told me that the next day with the nurse she will give me if this model is compatible with my machine or I will give me a new machine, with strips and lancets, do you recommend buying a box of reactive strips?

If they don't give you in the cap, I would buy them from you, to see how the pills work.That if you prepare 45 euros for the 50 strips box.:?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/11/2013 12:02 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

that is what it puts, on the meter I do have, what I do not have are reactive strips, I stay withoutThey last week, the machine I have is an accu-chek AvivMachine or I will give me a new machine, with strips and lancets, you recommend me to buy a box of reactive strips?

If they don't give you in the cap, I would buy them from you, to see how the pills work.That if you prepare 45 euros for the 50 strips box.:?

The truth is that the reactive strips are faces of noses, I have sent an MP to the partner who gave me the machine to see if he can take a box until the day the nurse sees.

Today after having taken 1/2 metformin pill, and one of glyclazide there has been a while that the pot left, like a small dizziness, I have stopped working, and I have eaten a mini sandwich, and after a while nowIt was fine, well, rather, I was better, that's why I just asked for reactive strips, if I will not go to the pharmacy this afternoon and buy them, which we are going to do, for € 50 one day I will not become poor.

DiabetesForo
04/11/2013 9:46 a.m.

Well, it looks like hypoglycemia
Being weird, dizziness, tremor, staying as without strength ... There are different symptomatology ... we each have our particular picture.

DiabetesForo
04/11/2013 12:52 p.m.

It can be hypoglycemia (below 70) or if you have been with high levels when they are normalized, the sensation is similar to hippglycemia

tica's profile photo
tica
04/11/2013 3:31 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well looks like hypoglycemia
Being weird, dizziness, tremor, staying as without strength ... There are different symptoms ... we each have our particular picture.

It was only a little one as dizziness, but I have not noticed anything else, anyway I will ask me for a box of reactive strips, since the boy is, this weekend has guard, and I could not deliver them until Monday thatI will give me a box of 50, I will look to see if there are smaller boxes, and on Thursday I imagine that all the new gadgets will give me, if I will have reactive strips of mine in case I spend more than those that give me.
I have looked at the prices for the foreigner and can be bought for half the price, but of course, it will take me to arrive more than 15 days and I will not wait so long.

DiabetesForo
04/11/2013 5:19 p.m.

It can be a hypoglycemia (below 70) or if you have been with high levels when they are normalized, the sensation is similar to a hippglycemia

I have just thought about it, that when I have been with high levels for so much time, although it goes down to put 200 and my body is not at the cost of those levels, the sensation is as if I went down to A70 when I am not, so I want to catch the reactive strips, to control every moment at least 4 times a day, since I have to say somehow to 4 days when I take the whole metformin in the morning, because with average I already give me that because I have to freak out hahahahaha andI was warned by the doctor for that, just as he told me that if he wanted or noticed something strange that he gave me for 20 days that more or less is what my body took to adapt to the medication.

DiabetesForo
04/11/2013 5:25 p.m.

If you use the Roche Meter (Aviva) you have 10 -string boats, look to see if they compensate for you, I have no idea of ​​the price.And you can't go to your doctor again and tell him that you are wrong?It seems too much to wait a week to have the meter ...

tica's profile photo
tica
04/11/2013 5:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

If you use the Roche Meter (Aviva) you have 10 -strips boats, look to see if they compensate for you, I have no idea of ​​the price.And you can't go to your doctor again and tell him that you are wrong?It seems too much to wait a week to have the meter ....

If you have, it is what surprises me, that it makes me wait for 1 week to see the nurse and that she gives me everything, I do not understand, but it is what she told me, that I did not prescribe or give me, that the nurse already the nurseI would take care of it.
Yes, he even told me that if I noticed me, then it was and gave me the low for about 20 days until my body adapted to the medication, of course, now I have the doubt of how I am glucose.
Yes, I have seen that there are boxes of 10, to see if they have it tomorrow at the pharmacy and pillo 1 or 2 boxes until Monday that of El Chico Este.

Thanks Tica.;)

DiabetesForo
04/11/2013 8:11 p.m.

I don't understand.I go to the doctor, with much lower levels than yours, and they have immediately given me and little machine.In Madrid, of course, it will be different.
But come on, with your levels, and not only metformin, the strongest is the other, which can cause hypoglycemia ... I was going to the Emergency, go.
It seems incredible to make you wait a week.
Luck

evadg's profile photo
evadg
04/12/2013 4:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.