{'en': 'The damn diabetes ........', 'es': 'La maldita Diabetes........'} Image

The damn diabetes ........

German's profile photo   10/18/2013 3:55 p.m.

german said:
The word diabetes should be synonym of stress ...

I have been with this frightening chronic disease for 8 years, of which each more stressful than the other ....., I was diagnosed at age 17 and I am currently 25, I change my life, I was always very perfectionist, I have been control almostIdeal of the disease, but in tow what?of a constant Stress life ..... a lot of money ..... and exhaustion.

I do not believe in priests because I am realistic and I am aware of the concept "capitalism", therefore from my diagnosis I became the idea that I would accompany myself for life, at first it was not difficult for me to assimilate it, but as the years go by andI have more present the limitations that the disease brings me, it has become more difficult .....

I have read hundreds of encouraging messages here and in other forums such as "Do not let you control you, be happy, take control of your life, there are worse things, etc", they are all hooves, the disease will always be there, it isTruth that does not prevent you from "enjoying" certain things about life, but those activities that you can do, never do them without "worry" in a latent way about this damn disease, since in the end it always has an impact on some way on your being...........

I know many people with this disease since I am part of the diabetic association of my country, as well as leader of the children's camp of diabetics, I have seen many children fight against this terrible pathology, and I have oriented them to achieve better control and powerLiving more "peacefully", but at the end of the day ... you are still diabetic and life is only one ........

It is more and more to enjoy the pleasures of life, even the most basic such as eating (no matter howFriends (you can never enjoy the activities they do naturally like them), or simply have sex (I do not suffer from impotence that I know is one of the most common complications in diabetic men, but I have had hypoglycemia during theActivity, making it clear that diabetes "never abandons you ...").

In summary, I am very tired of this disease, which has no pause or respite ....... sorry for my language, but I am sorry ....

German

I understand your frustration and do well, both for you and for others, in describing and sharing it.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/17/2024 6 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

diegoc said:
German said:
the word diabetes should be synonym of stress ...

I have been with this frightening chronic disease for 8 years, of which each more stressful than the other ....., I was diagnosed at age 17 and I am currently 25, I change my life, I was always very perfectionist, I have been control almostIdeal of the disease, but in tow what?of a constant Stress life ..... a lot of money ..... and exhaustion.

I do not believe in priests because I am realistic and I am aware of the concept "capitalism", therefore from my diagnosis I became the idea that I would accompany myself for life, at first it was not difficult for me to assimilate it, but as the years go by andI have more present the limitations that the disease brings me, it has become more difficult .....

I have read hundreds of encouraging messages here and in other forums such as "Do not let you control you, be happy, take control of your life, there are worse things, etc", they are all hooves, the disease will always be there, it isTruth that does not prevent you from "enjoying" certain things about life, but those activities that you can do, never do them without "worry" in a latent way about this damn disease, since in the end it always has an impact on some way on your being...........

I know many people with this disease since I am part of the diabetic association of my country, as well as leader of the children's camp of diabetics, I have seen many children fight against this terrible pathology, and I have oriented them to achieve better control and powerLiving more "peacefully", but at the end of the day ... you are still diabetic and life is only one ........

It is more and more to enjoy the pleasures of life, even the most basic such as eating (no matter howFriends (you can never enjoy the activities they do naturally like them), or simply have sex (I do not suffer from impotence that I know is one of the most common complications in diabetic men, but I have had hypoglycemia during theActivity, making it clear that diabetes "never abandons you ...").

In summary, I am very tired of this disease, which has no pause or respite ....... sorry for my language, but I am sorry ....

German

I understand your frustration and do well, both for you and for others, in describing and sharing it.

Well, this Germán wrote it in October 2013, hopefully it is already better.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/17/2024 6:14 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@German, what insulins do you use?There are now flatter insulins that allow living a bit quieter.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2024 6:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Isabelbota said:
diegoc said:
German said:
German said:
The word diabetes should be synonymous with stress ...

German

Well, this Germán wrote it in October 2013, hopefully it is already better.

It's true, I thought it was more recent.Yes, I wish you do well.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
03/17/2024 7:54 p.m.

German said:
@velia

I do not look for me to pity or feel sorry for me, I'm already great for that ..... Maybe my message was not clear and that's why I apologize.I am very clear about what I have and I suffer, and I have accepted it years ago, I have a good control of luck of diabetes and I am very clear about the different types of treatments and their peculiarities ..... My problem is theexhaustion .... I feel exaust, and I can't help thinking about diabetes whatever the activity you do, when you mention sex, it was as an example of just what I am talking about, I still have 26 years to get to reachThe 51 as your husband and for what you tell me, I hope to be like this and work wonderfully ... but there is a reality, complication is a possibility, as well as an endless other complications in thisillness, and I have exhausted me having to constantly prevent those complications .... I work in a university hospital and I have seen many diabetics with endless subclinical ciflications related to this disease, perhaps a bit conditioned by my reality, but seeingDaily "where you can end ..." It is not at all encouraging ........ I do not intendType I, I express myself with the intention of transmitting my discontent with this damn disease, so I understood in the terms of use, it is an open forum and that is why I wrote what I wrote.

German

I don't want to seem insensitive.But it is not so much.I stay with the positive, since then I take care and almost appreciated the diagnosis, which came in the company's analysis.

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
03/18/2024 2:54 a.m.

Joan111 said:
German said:
@velia

I do not look for me to pity or feel sorry for me, I'm already great for that ..... Maybe my message was not clear and that's why I apologize.I am very clear about what I have and I suffer, and I have accepted it years ago, I have a good control of luck of diabetes and I am very clear about the different types of treatments and their peculiarities ..... My problem is theexhaustion .... I feel exaust, and I can't help thinking about diabetes whatever the activity you do, when you mention sex, it was as an example of just what I am talking about, I still have 26 years to get to reachThe 51 as your husband and for what you tell me, I hope to be like this and work wonderfully ... but there is a reality, complication is a possibility, as well as an endless other complications in thisillness, and I have exhausted me having to constantly prevent those complications .... I work in a university hospital and I have seen many diabetics with endless subclinical ciflications related to this disease, perhaps a bit conditioned by my reality, but seeingDaily "where you can end ..." It is not at all encouraging ........ I do not intendType I, I express myself with the intention of transmitting my discontent with this damn disease, so I understood in the terms of use, it is an open forum and that is why I wrote what I wrote.

German

I don't want to seem insensitive.But it is not so much.I stay with the positive, since then I take care and almost appreciated the diagnosis, which came in the company's analysis.

I've been taking care of me 27 years, eating vegetables daily and almost always supersan things.In addition to watching 24 hours a day, to try to have a very good control.

Well, all my friends (near age), who practically do not touch vegetables and eat pizza and anything rhythious that they want (almost every day).However, they are all in internal health terms, much better than me.

That thanks to diabetes we take care of each other more and we are better, is one of the greatest and most cruel lies that can be told to a diabetic.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/18/2024 3:16 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, type 2 diabetes produced by bad habits, when it is on time, can be a touch of attention, type 1, whose origin is autoimmune, where nothing can be done and does not depend on anything that has been done is ashit (for not putting anything stronger).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/18/2024 8:10 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Almost 43 years ago I was diagnosed with DM1.I will have punctured about 63,000 insulin injections and triple punctures for the glucometer, the first months had a bad time, which passes by anyone who amputates a limb.But that happened quickly.I had to continue living and getting ahead of my family.My wife was encouraged and fundamental help for it.The disease has not prevented me from exercising law or making trips through the world.Now with 72 years, already retired, I enjoy my daughters and grandchildren and still travel (with the freestyle).
I have gone to the burial of several friends and family who have died younger than me and did not suffer from diabetes.
Bad than diabetes and with worse treatment, it is depression.
Courage and if it is not surpassed: the psychiatrist.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
03/25/2024 6:17 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
Joan111 said:
German said:
German said:
@velia

German

I've been taking care of me 27 years, eating vegetables daily and almost always supersan things.In addition to watching 24 hours a day, to try to have a very good control.

Well, all my friends (near age), who practically do not touch vegetables and eat pizza and anything rhythious that they want (almost every day).However, they are all in internal health terms, much better than me.

That thanks to diabetes we take care of each other more and we are better, is one of the greatest and most cruel lies that can be told to a diabetic.

I speak of my particular case.It was not my intention to offend him

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/29/2024 3:59 a.m.

They say that the stress hormone, cortisol, favors the increase in blood glucose levels.Thus, the best thing a diabetic can do is take life like what it is, a trip of x years.It depends on each one to turn it into a nightmare or something more bearable.
We all have a China in the shoe: some get used to it, others walk all day and others take it away as they can ....

I read there, in a book of psychosomatic diseases, that diabetic is a person who does not want to enjoy the sweet that life offers, "La Dolce Vita" ... in other words, it is a bitter that does not accept the goodThat life offers, only looks at the bitter, in the negative, so that it does not even tolerate food candy.I know that Chuzos fall to me to say this, but there I leave it as a point of debate although I know in advance that they will tell me that they are mere nonsense.

Sara10's profile photo
Sara10
04/29/2024 12:51 p.m.

It is not psychosomatic disease, but it does affect a lot psychologically, it is a continuous struggle in front of a very serious threat.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/29/2024 1:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning everyone

I wanted to write something about this thread, but as today I am somewhat "thick", I have decided to make almost mine the comments of two of the forgings who have intervened with their comments: @ensalada and @uma.

From @ENSALADA, his brief comment, but very sensible and reasoned.You can't say more with so few words.Chapeau !!!

And as for @uma, or what to say that I am on the same wave.Not with as many years of DB as her, but with that mood, which only the years gives you, of serenity, looking at things with perspective and above all relativizing everything.

A hug for all and especially for these two foreras for their comments.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/05/2024 1:01 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.