{'en': 'The damn diabetes ........', 'es': 'La maldita Diabetes........'} Image

The damn diabetes ........

German's profile photo   10/18/2013 3:55 p.m.

Hi German ... I was diagnosed with me in November last year, that is, I still haven't had a year ... and I have had to go to the ophtamologist because I also have Claucoma, I have lost more than 20 kilos ...Tomorrow I go to the dermatologist because I do not heals the wounds of the English.I carry more than two boxes of antibiotics .... my analytical has come out perfect, and in the ophtamologist too ..... thanks to the Lord ... and I have been two weeks that if anxiety and tachycardia have not killed me,It is because God has not wanted ... but it is not a different disease from another .... you just have to take care of yourself, I see it as if it, an elite athlete, diet and sport.I did not ask for diabetes, nor the Claucoma, but it is inheritance of my father and grandfather.There are other people who have to live with a transplant of some organ, or with hypertension (that the tension in very treacherous) others with thyroid problems, ..... I am also scared, but leading a healthy life, you die ofAnother thing ... I am from Malaga, and I moved to a people years ago ... and if you saw the amount of elderly and not so elderly who have this disease, and live like God .... I am surprised,,,, KIKO RIVERA, Sharon Stone, Hray Berry, Isabel PantojSink ..... Here I am for everyone .... yes, tomorrow again to the hospital for the appointment with the dermatologist, and two days ago I was for the ophtamologist, it is what it touches ,,,, take care of ,,,,, and fight.Because after all, life is a fight, a path of roses with its thorns .... here you have me for whatever, and may God bless you and protect you all ... and what Putin leavesFuck .....

reina45's profile photo
reina45
04/20/2022 8:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Diabetics, with anxiety, tachycardia ... I am worried more not to end up in the mental health admitted ..... uff what pecha ..... kisses to all/as- and that a putin drops a missile of theyours on ..... and end the war already !!!!!!

reina45's profile photo
reina45
04/20/2022 8:30 p.m.

german said:
The word diabetes should be synonymous of stress ...... I have been with this frightful chronic disease, of which each more stressful than the other ...., I was diagnosed at age 17 and I am currently 25, I change my life, I was always very perfectionist, I had an almost ideal control of the disease, but in tow that?of a constant Stress life ..... a lot of money ..... and exhaustion.I do not believe in priests because I am realistic and I am aware of the concept "capitalism", therefore from my diagnosis I became the idea that I would accompany myself for life, at first it was not difficult for me to assimilate it, but as the years go by andI have more present the limitations that the disease brings me, it has become more difficult ..... I have read hundreds of encouraging messages here and in other forums such as "Do not let it control you, be happy, take controlFrom your life, there are worse things, etc. "they are all hooves, the disease will always be there, it is true that it does not prevent you from" enjoying "certain things of life, but those activities you can do, never you will do themWithout "worrying" you in a latent way about this damn disease, since in the end I always have somehow impact on your being ........... I know many people with this disease since I am part of the diabetic associationFrom my country, as well as leader of the children's camp of diabetics, I have seen many children fight against this terrible pathology, and I have oriented them to achieve better control and to be able to live more "peacefully", but at the end of the day ....You can be diabetic and life is one ........ I find it more and more to enjoy the pleasures of life, even the most basic such as eating (no matter how much we can eat anything,The measure that leads to that is really exhausting when the years pass), or being among friends (you can never enjoy the activities they do naturally like them), or simply have sex (I do not suffer from impotence that I know that I know thatIt is one of the most common complications in diabetic men, but I have had hypoglycemia during the activity, leaving myself clearly that diabetes "never abandons you ...").

In summary, I am very tired of this disease, which has no pause or respite ....... sorry for my language, but I am sorry ....

German

Hi Germán, everything you say is true, now from the perspective that has given me living 55 years in the company of diabetes I would like to share you as I see from my ten years that I started to sixty -five that I fulfill now.
In such a long time there has been everything and sure more things that I do not remember: denial, frustration, feeling of disability, fear of the future, anxiety and I know more.I developed in my adolescence an hatred to be controlled and a rebellion that brought me not a few problems with my parents.And I have always wanted to be "normal."What obviously could never be.
As I have a practical and at the same time philosophical mind, I raised several issues.First, the concept of "normal" and the same idea of ​​comparing myself with others, since I looked incapacitated for some things but much more capable for others than the rest of my environment.
Also at the very deep level I made the decision to live and live completely even with the letters I had even if I did not like.The other option was to die or let me die and that rejected it.In this extreme way I decided once and for all.And a strong will was developed in me for living my life as I understood.
So better or worse here I find a life lived everything I could and has been a lot.As a consequence I have not had an easy life, neither in my family relationships, nor in my love relationships, nor in my work, nor in my process ofAcceptance of myself at all levels.
I can tell you that life has brought me much more difficult than diabetes and some almost so long, and that it is absolutely legitimate to feel desperate, boring and defeated since it is part of the process of living, in the end the cause is indifferent.
From my forty -so many, the intensity was naturally diminished to me and I began to see life as somewhat less solemn and with more sense of humor, I learned to relax.And always diabetes of a backdrop, and my relationship with her improved and now to the already old age I see that we and I have a good relationship where everything has become much more natural and calm.Although sometimes I keep fed up with her, I do not feel unhappy and I am satisfied with what has been and is my life.And the future?I don't know, I can't know, or is there anyone who knows it?
And indeed, diabetes never abandons you, the day of my death we will go together.
A very big hug

uma's profile photo
uma
04/21/2022 10:05 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

rogerix said:
endocrine theme I go just to see if there is any progress in research and to do the relevant analyzes, I think that after 32 years of diabetes I can control myself my last hemo isFrom 6.6 So .... That if for me to change Humalog to Novorapid and from Levemir to Tresiba was a success and it was the endocrine who changed the insulins much better now

Just like me, hahahaha

uma's profile photo
uma
04/21/2022 10:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

uma said:
german said:
the word diabetes should be synonym of stress ...... I have been with this frightful chronic disease, ofWhich each more stressful than the other ....., I was diagnosed at age 17 and I am currently 25, I changed my life, I was always very perfectionist, I have an almost ideal control of the disease, but in its tow?of a constant Stress life ..... a lot of money ..... and exhaustion.I do not believe in priests because I am realistic and I am aware of the concept "capitalism", therefore from my diagnosis I became the idea that I would accompany myself for life, at first it was not difficult for me to assimilate it, but as the years go by andI have more present the limitations that the disease brings me, it has become more difficult ..... I have read hundreds of encouraging messages here and in other forums such as "Do not let it control you, be happy, take controlFrom your life, there are worse things, etc. "they are all hooves, the disease will always be there, it is true that it does not prevent you from" enjoying "certain things of life, but those activities you can do, never you will do themWithout "worrying" you in a latent way about this damn disease, since in the end I always have somehow impact on your being ........... I know many people with this disease since I am part of the diabetic associationFrom my country, as well as leader of the children's camp of diabetics, I have seen many children fight against this terrible pathology, and I have oriented them to achieve better control and to be able to live more "peacefully", but at the end of the day ....You can be diabetic and life is one ........ I find it more and more to enjoy the pleasures of life, even the most basic such as eating (no matter how much we can eat anything,The measure that leads to that is really exhausting when the years pass), or being among friends (you can never enjoy the activities they do naturally like them), or simply have sex (I do not suffer from impotence that I know that I know thatIt is one of the most common complications in diabetic men, but I have had hypoglycemia during the activity, leaving myself clearly that diabetes "never abandons you ...").

In summary, I am very tired of this disease, which has no pause or respite ....... sorry for my language, but I am sorry ....

German

Hi Germán, everything you say is true, now from the perspective that has given me living 55 years in the company of diabetes I would like to share you as I see from my ten years that I started to sixty -five that I fulfill now.
In such a long time there has been everything and sure more things that I do not remember: denial, frustration, feeling of disability, fear of the future, anxiety and I know more.I developed in my adolescence an hatred to be controlled and a rebellion that brought me not a few problems with my parents.And I have always wanted to be "normal."What obviously could never be.
As I have a practical and at the same time philosophical mind, I raised several issues.First, the concept of "normal" and the same idea of ​​comparing myself with others, since I looked incapacitated for some things but much more capable for others than the rest of my environment.
Also at the very deep level I made the decision to live and live completely even with the letters I had even if I did not like.The other option was to die or let me die and that rejected it.In this extreme way I decided once and for all.And a strong will was developed in me for living my life as I understood.
So better or worse here I find a life lived everything I could and has been a lot.As a consequence I have not had an easy life, in my family relationships, or in my love relationships, or inMy work, nor in my process of acceptance of myself at all levels.
I can tell you that life has brought me much more difficult than diabetes and some almost so long, and that it is absolutely legitimate to feel desperate, boring and defeated since it is part of the process of living, in the end the cause is indifferent.
From my forty -so many, the intensity was naturally diminished to me and I began to see life as somewhat less solemn and with more sense of humor, I learned to relax.And always diabetes of a backdrop, and my relationship with her improved and now to the already old age I see that we and I have a good relationship where everything has become much more natural and calm.Although sometimes I keep fed up with her, I do not feel unhappy and I am satisfied with what has been and is my life.And the future?I don't know, I can't know, or is there anyone who knows it?
And indeed, diabetes never abandons you, the day of my death we will go together.
A very big hug

@uma
I liked what you have written.Maybe because diabetes has come to me with 51 years I took it with enough philosophy, with my bad times, of course, but age gives a lot of serenity and I understand perfectly what you say.
Of course, I do not agree at all that you talk about "old age."That is from the 80s, so you have to live before.😉
I can admit "maturity" ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/21/2022 12:18 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello.Like @isabelbota, I really liked your reflection @uma.I think what happened to her too: I debuted with 47 years with type 1 diabetes and that made the disease live with a totally different perspective.The dislike of the beginning did not take it away from me, but it is also true that I thought that at least for 47 years I had fought from her (my endocrine told me that it could have happened at any time, when I was a child).With an age, these things are seen and taken in another way, as they said out there, with greater serenity.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/21/2022 12:38 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Isabelbota said:
uma said:
German said:
German said:
The word diabetes should be synonymous with stress ...... I have been with this frightful chronic disease for 8 years, of which each more stressful than the other ....., I was diagnosed at age 17 and I am currently 25, I change my life, I was always very perfectionist, I have beenAn almost ideal control of the disease, but in its own thing?of a constant Stress life ..... a lot of money ..... and exhaustion.I do not believe in priests because I am realistic and I am aware of the concept "capitalism", therefore from my diagnosis I became the idea that I would accompany myself for life, at first it was not difficult for me to assimilate it, but as the years go by andI have more present the limitations that the disease brings me, it has become more difficult ..... I have read hundreds of encouraging messages here and in other forums such as "Do not let it control you, be happy, take controlFrom your life, there are worse things, etc. "they are all hooves, the disease will always be there, it is true that it does not prevent you from" enjoying "certain things of life, but those activities you can do, never you will do themWithout "worrying" you in a latent way about this damn disease, since in the end I always have somehow impact on your being ........... I know many people with this disease since I am part of the diabetic associationFrom my country, as well as leader of the children's camp of diabetics, I have seen many children fight against this terrible pathology, and I have oriented them to achieve better control and to be able to live more "peacefully", but at the end of the day ....You can be diabetic and life is one ........ I find it more and more to enjoy the pleasures of life, even the most basic such as eating (no matter how much we can eat anything,The measure that leads to that is really exhausting when the years pass), or being among friends (you can never enjoy the activities they do naturally like them), or simply have sex (I do not suffer from impotence that I know that I know thatIt is one of the most common complications in diabetic men, but I have had hypoglycemia during the activity, leaving myself clearly that diabetes "never abandons you ...").

German

So better or worse here I find a life lived everything I could and has been a lot.As a consequence I have not had an easy life, or in my relationshipsfamily, or in my love relationships, or in my work, or in my process of acceptance of myself at all levels.
A very big hug

@uma
I liked what you have written.Maybe because diabetes has come to me with 51 years I took it with enough philosophy, with my bad times, of course, but age gives a lot of serenity and I understand perfectly what you say.
Of course, I do not agree at all that you talk about "old age."That is from the 80s, so you have to live before.😉
I can admit "maturity" ...

Hahaha, old age is a literary license

uma's profile photo
uma
04/21/2022 1:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

@Carussa told me the same ..... 42 years without diabetes, it could have happened to you before ....
@uma with the years of accepting things in another way.
I do not know if it is for diabetes, but I have come to any other disease, whatever, it will be .... covid or chest cancer.
I gave positive in Bi-Rads 4a 2 weeks ago, for now waiting 6 months.They can't biopsy for diabetes .... anyway ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/21/2022 5:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia Why can't they biopsy?I've had to look what was Bi Rads, I hope it stays at all ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/21/2022 8:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

My wife is the diadnostic that they give him every time a mammography is made, according to his gynecology is the best they could give, so calm have never talked about biopsies even if there are nods and is not diabetic

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/21/2022 8:21 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@nigiri are microcalcifications of capillaries susceptible to cancer, among 2-10% of cases.Type A, B more probability and C cancer almost certain.

They did more tests in the hospital, in detail, because the biopsy is broken the capillaries and diabetics we do not heal very well, and do not risk.They wanted to rule out if touching me.
Total that told me to return in 6 months to see if there was evolution, because it seems nothing but there is more discard.
I went for insurance because the SS does not test until 50 years.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/21/2022 9:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I asked you why several biopsies in my chest have made me @ruthbia
I hope you stay in a scare 🍀 Sure yes.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/21/2022 10:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri thanks, if a substitute.Luckily in my family there are no cases of chest cancer.
It seems that the origin can be Raynaud syndrome that also gives me in the chest, in addition to hands and feet.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/22/2022 9:36 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Diabetes = stress, the question is how you carry it.

During the first years I did not control it properly and I had it high, at that time I lived very well, without problems, but after a few years I began to control it properly because of the secondary problems, from then on (and so I have been about 10 years) Unvoyed, continuous control, sensors, pumps, the more the technique has advanced the more alarms and controls, more stress, day and night, of every 6 nights one or two sleep from the pull, the rest with alarms of the sensor and the sensor and thebomb.
This is moving forward? Now we last more.

..... But hey, man is an animal of customs and I have already become accustomed to this way of life, after all I understand that life is so, so try to enjoy the good times and look for them, that the bad guys are on the sides.

I just whistled the bomb, I have to make me measure in blood that must be calibrated.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
04/26/2022 1:02 a.m.

@Juan David, it is true that the issue of alarms can create a lot of stress, my daughter was spent at the beginning of carrying a sensor that concentrated with an insulin change.Luckily he has been controlled again and can sleep, but he can generate a lot of stress so much alarm ... now he is taking the sensor out of the sensor, but the glycosilada is the same as before without a sensor and without alarms ...
And the bomb does not even consider, unless they become so autonomous that they don't need alarms.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/26/2022 3:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Juan David
If you have your body controlled after so many years, remove the alarms of the night.I put the mobile in "not molet" mode so that if they sound, they do not wake me up.
The bomb, because @regina, I don't consider it.With the bowl I go well, I don't want more technology that alters me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/26/2022 8:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, good luck with what you have told, K is nothing xD.In this forum you are a reference.

Indeed with so much technology it seems like the thing is complicated ...
I have already thought about removing alarms x the night and in some cases I have done it, anyway they have changed me from the 760g medtronic bomb to the 780g and in a month of use, in the last weeks I have almost passed toAlarms Hip Hiper x The night, K Fast, a pass.

I just talked about her in the forum in another chat about that system.

I'm afraid to be too optimistic, with me that bomb has found the key, I have to keep seeing how it is going.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
05/08/2022 3:15 p.m.

uma said:
german said:
the word diabetes should be synonym of stress ...... I have been with this frightful chronic disease, ofWhich each more stressful than the other ....., I was diagnosed at age 17 and I am currently 25, I changed my life, I was always very perfectionist, I have an almost ideal control of the disease, but in its tow?of a constant Stress life ..... a lot of money ..... and exhaustion.I do not believe in priests because I am realistic and I am aware of the concept "capitalism", therefore from my diagnosis I became the idea that I would accompany myself for life, at first it was not difficult for me to assimilate it, but as the years go by andI have more present the limitations that the disease brings me, it has become more difficult ..... I have read hundreds of encouraging messages here and in other forums such as "Do not let it control you, be happy, take controlFrom your life, there are worse things, etc. "they are all hooves, the disease will always be there, it is true that it does not prevent you from" enjoying "certain things of life, but those activities you can do, never you will do themWithout "worrying" you in a latent way about this damn disease, since in the end I always have somehow impact on your being ........... I know many people with this disease since I am part of the diabetic associationFrom my country, as well as leader of the children's camp of diabetics, I have seen many children fight against this terrible pathology, and I have oriented them to achieve better control and to be able to live more "peacefully", but at the end of the day ....You can be diabetic and life is one ........ I find it more and more to enjoy the pleasures of life, even the most basic such as eating (no matter how much we can eat anything,The measure that leads to that is really exhausting when the years pass), or being among friends (you can never enjoy the activities they do naturally like them), or simply have sex (I do not suffer from impotence that I know that I know thatIt is one of the most common complications in diabetic men, but I have had hypoglycemia during the activity, leaving myself clearly that diabetes "never abandons you ...").

German

So better or worse here I find a life lived everything I could and has been a lot.As a consequence I have not had an easy life, in my family relationships, or in my love relationships, or inMy work, nor in my process of acceptance of myself at all levels.
A very big hug

Let's see, heaven ..... I have a friend who has almost all her life with diabetes ... and you puncture my ... I am type 2 diabetics with pills ..... you have to lookThis disease with two balls ... and say that you will not be able to me ..... you have to throw it behind your back ..... there are people who live with hypertension ..... with heart disease like my nieceFrom Colombia, who came to Malaga, and then he went to Italy and got bad with his illness and lost the money .... people who have rare diseases and have to live like this.
I have friends who have given him stroke and have been champions, although with his sequelae ... do not let you dominate you .... thank you for waking every day ... how many players have died of sudden death withAll the evidence they do ..... live ... I laugh, cry, talk, salt, go, sleep, and one day you can skip the diet .... but only one day .....Do not lose the years thinking about that, because you lose them foolishly ..... and if not, because with how shit we take our hand and we go to the psychiatric ..... a little tempor ..... moodyChampion ...... here you have me .....

reina45's profile photo
reina45
03/04/2024 9:59 p.m.

@queen45, @uma is a champion, for me it is an example of life, although living with diabetes is an added load, but the attitude helps a lot.
You will do it too, adapt and live.
I also have the example of my daughter, leads a life in which it does not seem that diabetes affects you much, it controls, but it does it automatically and leaves little space in your mind.He has a job he likes, is an architect and in the morning he dedicates it to some work or reform, but the afternoons are to paint, it is passion what he has for drawing and painting, since childhood, and that makes her happy.It is strong of character and determined and that helps.Diabetes occupies little in his mind and lives.
Luckily I did not go out, I worry a lot, although I learned to relax too.30 years with this.
I am also very encouraged to think that treatments are getting better and that there will soon be autonomous, safe and precise bombs, and without cable, which will greatly facilitate life.
You have to trust, and always.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/05/2024 6:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I am new in the forum, it has been hard for me to enter a little while.
I am 66 years old, I have 4 months to retire.4 years ago I gave positive in type 1 diabetes,
At first I thought, what have been removed 10 years of life! But once the first drink thought, I thought about my grandson that is diabetic since the age of 22, now he is 12 years old, and I told myself, who better than him to do to doteam and teach me everything you know, about this way of life.
Germán, you have to live every day, on the way we will meet ignorant people who give us the worst advice of the world weighing that they do us a favor.
My grandson leads a very normal life, they just put a bomb and for him it has been a discovery, it makes a lot of sport and is handled very well with hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia.The worst of my grandson was not diabetes, if not the allergy to milk protein, my mother, with 6 months almost goes to the other neighborhood, thankfully his mother took him to the emergency room and did all the testsQuickly, it is now in provocation, little by little to see if you can overcome it.(No one imagines the amount of products containing milk protein).
With all this roll that I have told you, I just want to say that there are many things and cases that are very dangerous to health.Life is dangerous, but we suffer from diabetes, we are lucky to have medication, and that thanks to the associations it is making strength so that we all have access to it.
When I retire, I intend to sign up for everything that has to do with research on this disease, which has more and more followers.I want to collaborate in something so that everyone who comes behind me can live without hyper scares, hypos or associated diseases.
Social security has the amount of endocrine and nurses, nurses who can help you, you just have to find the right one, just as you change dentist or hairdresser if you don't like it, you can also change doctor.
I encourage German, that you can, we can all.

Loam

marga122015's profile photo
marga122015
03/13/2024 6:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.